Barrons Blessing for AbbVie, Vantiv, Sirius XM
This past weekend the writers of Barrons gave a bullish recommendation for Sirius XM (SIRI), Vantiv (VNTV), and AbbVie (AABV).
Mastery expects all three stocks to benefit from the publication. AbbVie will most likely get the biggest bump after falling 2% on Friday. AbbVie could use the help as its stock is down 27% from its 12 month high. To be honest we are not excited about these stocks but if you looking for trading ideas -- wah la!
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low|
As much as I enjoy my Sirius XM subscription I don't see crowds knocking down the doors to sign-up and buy radios that support Sirius. The latest earnings call they reported a Q4 beat on top and bottom lines as subscribers grew to 27.3M total (up from prior year 25.6M). Streaming video and podcasts are the future, not radio itself. I'd rather take a chance on Netflix (NFLX) and Amazon (AMZN) but both those stocks have run too far in 2015 already (29% and 20% YTD respectively).
Our recommendation - Patience and wait for pullbacks. Which we hope is the case for Priceline this week.
Enjoy the stories from Barrons --
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Military Spending In Perspective - Russia 'Wins' | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Obama's First Public Speech Since Leaving The White House | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Rages At Trump: "Assange Is A Hero... Don't Declare War On The Truth" | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Second-Quarter Forecast | Financial Sense
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
- Sweden’s Gold Reserves: 10,000 gold bars (pet rocks) shrouded in Official Secrecy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama is giving his first post-presidency speech Monday in... | Business Insider
- HBO's new 'Silicon Valley' opening sequence is filled with... | Business Insider
- A big market correction is inevitable — a... | Business Insider
- Sean Spicer: Trump 'has a heart' on immigration | Business Insider
- Senate confirms Sonny Perdue as agriculture secretary | Business Insider
- The Amazon Echo is one of the most useful tech gadgets on the market — here’s how I use mine | Business Insider
- Fox News debuts strong initial ratings amid new lineup following Bill O'... | Business Insider