Barrons Blessing for AbbVie, Vantiv, Sirius XM
This past weekend the writers of Barrons gave a bullish recommendation for Sirius XM (SIRI), Vantiv (VNTV), and AbbVie (AABV).
Mastery expects all three stocks to benefit from the publication. AbbVie will most likely get the biggest bump after falling 2% on Friday. AbbVie could use the help as its stock is down 27% from its 12 month high. To be honest we are not excited about these stocks but if you looking for trading ideas -- wah la!
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low|
As much as I enjoy my Sirius XM subscription I don't see crowds knocking down the doors to sign-up and buy radios that support Sirius. The latest earnings call they reported a Q4 beat on top and bottom lines as subscribers grew to 27.3M total (up from prior year 25.6M). Streaming video and podcasts are the future, not radio itself. I'd rather take a chance on Netflix (NFLX) and Amazon (AMZN) but both those stocks have run too far in 2015 already (29% and 20% YTD respectively).
Our recommendation - Patience and wait for pullbacks. Which we hope is the case for Priceline this week.
Enjoy the stories from Barrons --
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Maher Shuts Down Conspiracy Theorist Louise Mensch And MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Over Islam – Twice! | ZeroHedge
- Credit Suisse Shares Tumble On Report It May Sell $3 Billion In Stock | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam | ZeroHedge
- Buy One Eye, Get Two Crazy Eyes Free! | ZeroHedge
- The Chart Showing What A Trader's Crash Course In Washington Politics Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Alex Jones Acquiesces to Alefantis, Broadcasts Apology to Comet Ping Pong for Covering Pizzagate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most isolated towns on the planet | Business Insider
- GameStop tanks after missing on sales and signaling it will close some stores this year... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Eric Trump says he'll share Trump... | Business Insider
- Report suggests FBI has travel, business, and phone records that could tie Trump... | Business Insider
- One of Wall Street's most steadfast bulls is worried... | Business Insider
- LaVar Ball is the best thing to happen to sports in years | Business Insider