Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's All Good, Right?" | ZeroHedge
- "We Blew It," Chuck Schumer Says Democrat Focus On Obamacare Was Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- Misery Mounts As Airline Delays & Cancellations Surge On East Coast | ZeroHedge
- Banking At The Box Office | ZeroHedge
- When a Bubble Isn’t...? | ZeroHedge
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steve Jobs Has Won 141 Patents Since His Death (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Michael Brown's Mother Says He Was 'Running For His Life... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Kobe Bryant's Daughter Understands The Secret To Being Clutch | Business Insider
- Here Are Some Of The Crazy Things Best Buy Does To Prepare For Black Friday | Business Insider
- The European Parliament Just Voted To Break Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Best Black Friday Deals In Tech | Business Insider