Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Slump, Oil Slides To $46 Handle After Saudis Say No "Significant Intervention Necessary" | ZeroHedge
- 'Last Economist Standing' John Taylor Urges "Less Weird Policy" At Jackson Hole | ZeroHedge
- "Bad Cop" Fischer Spoils "Good Cop" Yellen's Party: Stocks Plunge, VIX Spikes | ZeroHedge
- 76-Year-Old Veteran Kills Himself In VA Parking Lot After Being Denied Treatment | ZeroHedge
- Gold Futures See Massive $1.5 Billion "Non Profit" Liquidation In "One Minute" | ZeroHedge
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- What the New SEC Money Market Fund Regulations Mean for the Financial System | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Italy is holding a day of mourning for the 281 victims of... | Business Insider
- This one salad can turn into a week's worth of dinners | Business Insider
- Wayfair launches virtual reality app (W) | Business Insider
- This US paratrooper escaped a Nazi prison and joined the Red Army to... | Business Insider
- Amazon is opening another bookstore and this one is in Chicago (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The MINI Cooper S Convertible is the MINI perfected | Business Insider
- The National Park Service just turned 100. We visited one of its... | Business Insider