Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- Central Banks Are Now Uncorking The Delirium Phase | ZeroHedge
- Berserk Rampathon Algo Just Bought The S&P At 2,130 | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
- Just One Question About Yesterday's Last Minute "Berserk ETF" Freak Out | ZeroHedge
- Why The US Is About To Be Flooded With Record Oil Production Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Morning Look | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- OpenTable Executive Explains How To Get A Job In The Food... | Business Insider
- The Cure For Syphilis Was Developed As... | Business Insider
- How The Hackers Broke Into Sony And Why It Could Happen To Any Company | Business Insider
- Obama warns N. Korea over Sony hack: 'We will respond... | Business Insider
- Apple Is Now Shipping Most New iPhone Models In Just One Day (AAPL) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- "Earthquake" needed to change 2022 World Cup -... | Business Insider