Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Don't Say You Haven't Been Warned" | ZeroHedge
- EU Celebrates 60th Birthday As European Leaders Scramble To Hold "Fraying" Union Together | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Goldman Asks "Have We Reached Peak Cash?" | ZeroHedge
- Condo Flippers In Miami-Dade Left Twisting In The Wind | ZeroHedge
- Trump On What Happens Next: "Obamacare Will Explode" | ZeroHedge
- Buckle Up, the Bank of Japan Has Blown Up the Markets (Again) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Michigan's legendary Fab 5 team | Business Insider
- 32 architectural masterpieces everyone should see in their lifetime | Business Insider
- A man to be executed in Arkansas next month is making a... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- 9 successful businesspeople... | Business Insider
- There's one huge factor shaping Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts' '... | Business Insider
- Bomb blast in Bangladesh kills at least 3 and injures... | Business Insider