Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Says Rate Hikes Soon As Need More Ammo "In Case Of Shock" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Commander Killed In Falluja Airstrikes As A Familiar Face Emerges | ZeroHedge
- David Dayen’s 'Chain of Title' Confirms What You Always Suspected: The Game is Rigged | ZeroHedge
- Fed Officials Come Looking for a Fight | Financial Sense
- The SEC's Latest Investigative Tactic: Bar Hopping With Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor: "Wesley's Boobie Trap" Replaces Strippers With Robots | ZeroHedge
- How Bad Are The US Computer Systems? An 8'' Floppy Disc Houses Nuclear Coordinate Data | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ISIS militants just staged a major land grab from rebels in... | Business Insider
- The 25 highest-paying jobs you can get with an associate degree | Business Insider
- 'The world is full of monsters': Steven Spielberg tells Harvard... | Business Insider
- The millionaire founder of Nasty Gal uses a simple mind... | Business Insider
- US nuclear forces are controlled by this shockingly obsolete tech | Business Insider
- These 8 'Game of Thrones' characters were recast — and you probably... | Business Insider
- This tiny implant is about to take on America’s heroin epidemic | Business Insider