Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WaR MoNGeRS... | ZeroHedge
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
- Trump Declares CNN, NYT, CBS, ABC And NBC Are "The Enemy of The American People" | ZeroHedge
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- 2017: Euphoria...Then Panic | Financial Sense
- Pence Vows "Unwavering Support" For NATO, Pledges To Hold Russia "Accountable" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ABC reporter delivers pointed declaration to Trump: We will 'pursue the... | Business Insider
- A little-known startup that has quietly amassed... | Business Insider
- A successful entrepreneur opened a new meditation studio in NYC to cash... | Business Insider
- This is why fighting is allowed in pro hockey — and why the NHL has no... | Business Insider
- How I landed a 6-figure job at LinkedIn without a degree | Business Insider
- Here's why Trump conducts foreign policy in public | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek