Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Soar On Surprise Chinese Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- View From Far Above | ZeroHedge
- Young and Dumb Again | Financial Sense
- Europe's New Scariest Chart | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Arsenal, Man United in Premier League duel to stay in... | Business Insider
- Economist On Philly Fed: 'Don't Take It Seriously' (DIA, SPY, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Obama tells Ferguson residents to 'keep protests... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid... | StreetInsider.com
- Elon Musk On Tesla's Gigafactory: We Didn... | Business Insider
- An Intercepted Conversation Led To One Of The... | Business Insider
- Finally! A Boring Draw At The World Chess Championship | Business Insider