Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bonds & Black Gold Battered But Stocks Give Up GDP Gains | ZeroHedge
- It…Was a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood | iBankCoin.com
- Fitch Warns High-Yield Default Rate Set To Jump | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $VRNS | iBankCoin.com
- Top Financial Experts Say World War 3 Is Coming … Unless We Stop It | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain How Inventory Stuffing Is Good For All Of Us - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Peter Schiff And Doug Casey On The "Real" State Of The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 Weird Psychological Reasons Someone Might Fall In Love With You | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's... | StreetInsider.com
- Mass Layoffs In The Tech Industry Are Up 68% | Business Insider
- Twitter Rating Cut to 'Sell' at Pivotal Research | TheStreet.com
- THE BEACONS REPORT: Growth Forecasts For The Most Important Retail... | Business Insider
- CHINESE MANUFACTURING HITS 18-MONTH HIGH | Business Insider
- Everyone Is Mocking One Quote From Argentina's Economy Minister | Business Insider