Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MeeT BLoGGeR BeN... | ZeroHedge
- "Market" Hits A New Low: Algos Fall For An April Fool's Joke, Send TSLA Surging On Massive Volume | ZeroHedge
- Marxist Group Takes Turkish Prosecutor Hostage, Posts Pictures | ZeroHedge
- The "Mysterious" Source Of Surging Demand For GM Cars, Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Don't Cry For Argentina, It's The Greeks That Suffered The Most In March | ZeroHedge
- For Robots Only: Amazon Sponsored Contest; Soft Fingers Needed | Financial Sense
- Texas Town First of Many to Switch to 100% Renewable Power | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lloyds will stop paying investors billions of pounds on some of its... | Business Insider
- Search Google backwards with this secret April Fools' Day... | Business Insider
- Here's a great job for someone who wants to help build and... | Business Insider
- You’ll be able to see the 'Batman V Superman' trailer in... | Business Insider
- It's so hard to get a hotel for Salesforce's big conference,... | Business Insider
- IBM steals a high-profile customer from Amazon's cloud (IBM, AMZN) | Business Insider
- The 5 basic Excel shortcuts everyone needs to know | Business Insider