Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LIBOR Scapegoat Found Guilty, Sentenced To 14 Years | ZeroHedge
- Something Just Snapped: Container Freight Rates From Asia To Europe Crash 23% In One Week | ZeroHedge
- "No Brainer" AAPL Enters Correction, Down 12% From Recent Highs To 6-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Politicians from Both Sides of the Aisle: Corruption Has Destroyed America | ZeroHedge
- Amid Escalating Violence In Turkey, Erdogan Says Putin Ready To "Give Up On Assad" | ZeroHedge
- Comex On The Edge? Paper Gold "Dilution" Hits A Record 124 For Every Ounce Of Physical | ZeroHedge
- Real Personal Spending Growth Weakest Since Feb, Savings Rate Rises | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Practically all the details for Samsung's next major phone have leaked | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 6 ways 50 Cent says he tricked the world into believing he was rich | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- GOP presidential candidate uses a Monica Lewinsky reference to... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- A senior Tidal executive has left Jay Z's music-streaming company after just... | Business Insider