Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- California – A Deluge Followed by Mega Drought? | Financial Sense
- End Of Cheap Fossil Fuels Could Have More Severe Consequences Than Thought | ZeroHedge
- "We've Run Out Of Buyers" - Half Of Homes In New York Are Now Losing Value | ZeroHedge
- #Wynn-ing? Casino Magnate Joins Trump Campaign | ZeroHedge
- Bridgewater's 'All-Weather' Fund Goes Negative For 2015 After Risk-Parity's Worst Quarter Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- 13 Things Wayne Dyer Personally Taught Me | Altucher Confidential
- Why The Rally Just Fizzled: Draghi's "Puff" Was Not Enough | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Brady sits out after court victory, Giants top Patriots... | Business Insider
- Forest Service spends a record $243 million on wildfires | Business Insider
- Afghanistan opens meeting of donors with progress report | Business Insider
- DRONES: Startups, venture-capital firms, and major global companies are rushing headlong... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump just had an awkward foreign-policy interview where he admitted... | Business Insider
- Kyle Bass is slamming the group blocking his new, big short strategy | Business Insider