Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Aussie Gold Production Surges To Its Highest Since 2003 | ZeroHedge
- Cushing and Gulf Coast Storage Filling Up Fast | ZeroHedge
- Could Oil Prices Plummet A Second Time? | ZeroHedge
- BLOOD IN THE STREETS | iBankCoin.com
- Meet Landlord Loans: You Too Can Be A Real Estate Speculator | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 3, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Good Doctor Has Made Another Biotech Purchase | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Credit Suisse just went wild on Twitter and called for a bear market in bonds (CS)... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- British government sells stake in Eurostar | Business Insider
- A new, slimmer MacBook Air with a better screen may be coming this... | Business Insider
- Rampant inflation means Russians... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The NFL Draft is setting up perfectly for the Jacksonville Jaguars who could land the... | Business Insider