Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects | Financial Sense
- Ready to Take Some Lumps, if Need Be | iBankCoin.com
- Saxobank CIO Warns "Another Shock Drop Is Coming.. And It's Coming Soon" | ZeroHedge
- Ebola Fears Take Shine Off Panic-Buying Surge In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Explains 'The Road To Recovery' In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EMC Buys Out Its Joint Venture With Cisco | Business Insider
- REPORT: 25 Banks Are About To Fail Europe's Biggest Ever... | Business Insider
- Facebook's Zuckerberg wages China charm... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Yahoo's Struggle To Find Real Growth (YHOO... | Business Insider
- Archaeologists Discovered A 'Once In A Lifetime' 2,000-Year-Old Stone... | Business Insider
- India's forgotten widows defy taboos to celebrate... | Business Insider
- A Developer Says Apple Sent Him... | Business Insider