Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- St. Louis Prepares For "Catastrophic Event" As Underground Fire Nears Nuclear Waste Cache | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Still Matter | ZeroHedge
- Optimistic Narrative for China? | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: October 7 | ZeroHedge
- Technically Speaking: The Real Correction Is Still Coming | ZeroHedge
- Commodity Trading Giants Unleash Liquidity Scramble, Issue Record Amounts Of Secured Debt | ZeroHedge
- Oct 8 - Moody's Maintains US Credit Rating And Stable Outlook | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trio wins Nobel Chemistry Prize for DNA repair work | Business Insider
- The former head of the NSA openly disagrees... | Business Insider
- Business Insider UK is hiring an associate video producer | Business Insider
- Despite sunny forecast, South Carolina ordeal far from... | Business Insider
- Syrian general: Russian strikes helping ground offensive | Business Insider
- One GIF says everything about how fast the new Microsoft laptop is | Business Insider
- In writings, Ore. gunman ranted about having no girlfriend... | Business Insider