Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secular Versus Cyclical: Notes From SIC 2015 | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in April | Financial Sense
- ‘Titanic’ Global Economy May “Collapse” Warn HSBC - Gold Is Lifeboat | ZeroHedge
- EuRO TRaSH 2015 | ZeroHedge
- With All Major Markets Closed For Holiday, Here Are The Major News | ZeroHedge
- The Best-Selling 'Monetary-Policy' Books Are All Anti-Fed | ZeroHedge
- Mongolia – Finding its Feet Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Everything you need to know about the hottest stock on the market (SHAK) | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Berdych shows no mercy to teenager Nishioka | Business Insider
- Cannes Closing Ceremony: LIVE REPORT | Business Insider
- The Obama administration just effectively ended one of the NSA's most controversial... | Business Insider