Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Pledges To Accept Election Day Result, If... | ZeroHedge
- Who Said It? "I Am Very Troubled By Stories Of [A Rigged Election]... Entire Country Ought To Take It Seriously" | ZeroHedge
- 10-Trillion-Dollar Bye-Bye - The Calm Before The Storm | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Part 13 Of Podesta Data Dump; Total Emails Released Is Now 23,423 | ZeroHedge
- 'Smoking Gun' Email Confirms DNC Involvement In Inciting Violence At Trump Rallies | ZeroHedge
- Norway Surveillance Photos Show Russian Aircraft Carrier Flotilla On Route To Syria | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases First Batch Of Emails Sent To And From President Obama's Secret Email Address | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Poll shows overwhelming support for free trade, but opposition to TPP | Business Insider
- The app market could be the next target for US antitrust... | Business Insider
- There's a secret one-handed keyboard in your iPhone, but you can't use it (... | Business Insider
- Here are 5 DIY smart home projects that you can complete in an afternoon | Business Insider
- Nintendo tumbles after announcing its new gaming system | Business Insider
- Mexico is making banks conduct stress tests to simulate Trump victory | Business Insider
- Trump supporters are sporting some outrageous campaign gear at his rallies | Business Insider