Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SocGen: China Looks Stable…for Now | Financial Sense
- Meet The Young Virginia Democrat That Registered 19 Dead People To Vote In Virginia | ZeroHedge
- US Outcry Over Syria... Tears Followed By NATO Bombs | ZeroHedge
- "People Are Mad" - Dave Collum Warns "Existential Change Is In The Air" | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About Gold In 50 Stunning Slides | ZeroHedge
- Stanley Fischer's Novel Idea: "We'd Be Better Off With A Price For Using Money" | ZeroHedge
- Pizzaflation and the US Dollar collapse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mark Cuban explains why he soured on Donald Trump | Business Insider
- Top election forecaster: Here's the state to watch on election night | Business Insider
- Samsung made a microwave that costs $500 — Consumer Reports tried to see if it's worth the price | Business Insider
- Failing to use moisturizer is one of the biggest grooming mistakes guys make — here's... | Business Insider
- Obama and Trump have two very different... | Business Insider
- World Bank chief vows to call out nations that aren't doing enough to... | Business Insider
- The FDA gives out 'Willy Wonka golden tickets' to fast-track new drugs for kids... | Business Insider