Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global QE and the Gold Price | Financial Sense
- The Timestamps Begin: "The Impact Of The Blizzard On Employment Will Be Near Zero" | ZeroHedge
- Axel Merk: Why Asset Prices Must Return To Lower Levels | ZeroHedge
- A Bunch Of Criminals | ZeroHedge
- "Unambiguously Good"? Dallas Fed Collapses To 20-Month Lows As Orders Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Syriza Forms Coalition Government With Anti-Bailout Independent Greeks: What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Utilities Leading the Market Higher | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Protect Your Android Phone If It's Ever Lost Or Stolen | Business Insider
- Pressure mounts on Russia as Ukraine rebels launch... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Colombia's Paulina Vega wins Miss Universe title | Business Insider
- Greece's Radical Anti-Austerity Movement Just Won Power: Here... | Business Insider
- Police Raided Amazon's Tokyo Headquarters Looking For Child... | Business Insider
- London Cash Startup TransferWise Is Now Worth $1 Billion | Business Insider