Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget Brexit, This Is The Ticking Time Bomb For The Markets | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor: What Comes After Brexit | ZeroHedge
- "See EU Later" - On The Front Covers Of UK Newspapers Today | ZeroHedge
- Germany Says "We Won't Let Anyone Take Europe From Us" | ZeroHedge
- We Like Valeant Pharmaceuticals for a Trade (Video) | ZeroHedge
- UBS CIO Warns "The Status Quo Is Over... Get Used To It" | ZeroHedge
- What the leave vote means for gold going forward | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street is turning its back on Elon Musk | Business Insider
- New York Times fashion photographer Bill Cunningham dead at 87... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- I've been going to one of the most expensive summer resorts in the US... | Business Insider
- Native ads will drive 74% of all ad revenue by 2021 | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- GEORGE SOROS: Brexit will lead to the 'disintegration of the EU' | Business Insider