Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Think Tank Reports ISIS Is Falling Apart: "May Actually Lead To More Terrorist Attacks Across The Globe" | ZeroHedge
- Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee At Cantor Fitzgerald Conference | ZeroHedge
- Housing's Echo Bubble Now Exceeds The 2006-07 Bubble Peak | ZeroHedge
- What Happens If The Government Shuts Down | ZeroHedge
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
- Sweden’s Gold Reserves: 10,000 gold bars (pet rocks) shrouded in Official Secrecy | ZeroHedge
- NASDAQ Rises Above 6,000 For The First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much money famous sequels have made compared to the original movies | Business Insider
- Research suggests comfort eating is triggered by nurture, not nature... | Business Insider
- Netflix is going to China (NFLX) | Business Insider
- Serena Williams reveals she accidentally spilled the news of... | Business Insider
- A stunning number of Americans no longer have cable TV | Business Insider
- Startup founders who raised $15 million explain why they spent over a year turning... | Business Insider
- A former top NSA lawyer is joining the Senate... | Business Insider