Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 7.5 Year Itch Starts Next Week | ZeroHedge
- 8 Charts That Prove The US Is Already In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- Worst Drop In Core Durable Goods Since December 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Of Bonds & Bankers: Impossible Things Are Commonplace | ZeroHedge
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
- S&P Earnings Pass Halfway Mark | Financial Sense
- Dear CFTC... Here Is Today's Illegal S&P 500 "Spoofing" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Volvo has installed a luxury lounge in its new XC90 SUV | Business Insider
- Boko Haram retakes NE town from Nigerian army | Business Insider
- Startup founders describe how... | Business Insider
- Stephen Curry hit his most ridiculous shot yet to help... | Business Insider
- Russian hackers read Obama emails: report | Business Insider
- Boris Johnson could be the UK... | Business Insider
- Chart shows just how crazy the Golden State Warriors'... | Business Insider