Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap August 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revised Upward | Financial Sense
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- Italy Back In Deflation With Lowest CPI Print In History; European Inflation Lowest Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Syria refugees top 3mn, US has no strategy 'yet' | Business Insider
- 75 Philippine UN peacekeepers defy Syria rebels | Business Insider
- Why Uber's Master Plan To Steal Lyft's Drivers Might Be Perfectly Legal | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 9/2:... | StreetInsider.com
- Abercrombie & Fitch's Sales Decline Is Hammering the Stock | TheStreet.com
- One Of Samsung's Ads For The New Galaxy Note 4 Disappeared... | Business Insider
- After-Hours Stock Movers... | StreetInsider.com