Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Tolerance A One-Way Street? | ZeroHedge
- Trump Trounces Yellen - Dollar Dumps, Erases All Post-Fed Gains | ZeroHedge
- Cyberwarfare, Driverless Cars, and Quantum Computing - FS Insider Podcasts for Science and Tech Lovers | Financial Sense
- Chinese New Home Prices Soar by 12.4% in December -- Higher by 25% in Tier One Cities | ZeroHedge
- 56 Years Ago Today, Eisenhower Warned Americans Of "The Unwarranted Influence" Of The Deep State | ZeroHedge
- Trader Warns: The "Cure-Through-Greater-Inequality" Paradigm Just Snapped | ZeroHedge
- The Clinton Global Initiative is closing due to the 2016 revelations of multiple related international scandals | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about... | Business Insider
- There are two money moves every parent should make before having... | Business Insider
- A bunch of funds just got fined by the SEC for... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- This clever billboard coughs at people who smoke nearby | Business Insider
- Robo advisors are gaining popularity with high-net-... | Business Insider
- Here’s the $5.3 million mansion the Obamas will live in after the... | Business Insider