Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ackman Loses Over $100 Million In Early Trading As More Valeant Questions Emerge | ZeroHedge
- This Is China's Middle Finger For The Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- "We Reduced Our Short In The Euro" - Did Goldman Just Hint Draghi May Do Nothing Next Week | ZeroHedge
- Who Said It? "A Short-Term Border Violation Can Never Be A Pretext For An Attack" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Signs Of America's Decaying Society | ZeroHedge
- Bill Ackman Triples-Down On Valeant: Boosts Stake To 9.9% By Buying Calls, Selling Puts | ZeroHedge
- Robbery In Progress At Chase Branch On 6th Avenue In Downtown Manhattan | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Latest: Police say 5 shot near Minneapolis protest site | Business Insider
- Paris attacks: Suspect quizzed, Brussels still in lockdown... | Business Insider
- POWER RANKINGS: Perfect Patriots and Panthers remain 1-2 | Business Insider
- UN weather agency: It's record hot out there this year | Business Insider
- The Latest: 22 lbs of explosives used in Tunisian bus... | Business Insider
- Video of a Chicago police officer firing 16 shots at a teenager has been released... | Business Insider
- Fire kills 18 migrants at Algeria camp: emergency... | Business Insider