Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Closing the Gap | iBankCoin.com
- Shocking Bank Of Japan Trick And QE Boosting Treat Sends Futures To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Banking Assets Increase By $5 Trillion To Record $75 Trillion, 120% Of Global GDP | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 31 | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Stealth Bear Market – A Transition or a Top? | Financial Sense
- The Colder War: How the Global Energy Trade Slipped From America's Grasp | Financial Sense
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS SURGE TO RECORD HIGH: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Australia Wants To Approve A Really Horrible Policy For Cutting... | Business Insider
- Royal Bank of Scotland sets aside £400m for forex probes | Business Insider
- Nike Releases Intense Commercial About LeBron James Returning To Cleveland | Business Insider
- 13 Things You Never Knew About Halloween | Business Insider
- This Might Be The Most Horrific Single Atrocity ISIS Has Committed | Business Insider
- Russian ruble hits new dollar low despite rate rise | Business Insider