Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Twitter Plummets After Slashing Q3 Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Might The Donald Be Good For Peace? | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Peak Irony: Mexico Wants To Build The Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration | ZeroHedge
- Brazil’s Top Newspaper Caught Manipulating Poll Data In Favor Of New President | ZeroHedge
- Thunderstorm Sparks Massive Spike In New York Elctricity Prices Amid Heat Wave | ZeroHedge
- The Forex Monopoly | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Music just bought the popular 'Carpool Karaoke'... | Business Insider
- There's a really simple trick to play 'Pokémon GO' horizontally on... | Business Insider
- 'The choice is not even close': Bernie Sanders praises Hillary Clinton in hopes of... | Business Insider
- Bloomberg is going to savage Trump | Business Insider
- The bleeding, plant-based burger that Google wanted to buy is coming to a trendy... | Business Insider
- One of New York's top real estate tycoons is selling his Hamptons mansion... | Business Insider
- Trump on DNC chair: ‘Hillary threw her under a bus... | Business Insider