Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman's Take On China's "Stealth QE" | ZeroHedge
- Citi Warns Moody's May Put France On Downgrade Review This Friday | ZeroHedge
- A Pre-Fed Breakfast | iBankCoin.com
- I Booked the Trade | iBankCoin.com
- PaLiN FaMiLY BRaWL... | ZeroHedge
- China About to Miss the 7.5% GDP Growth Target | Financial Sense
- Global Fragmentation: Crying Wolf Again? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LIVE: FedEx Announces Earnings (FDX) | Business Insider
- Russian tycoon's arrest sparks fears of 'second Yukos... | Business Insider
- Traders Are Blaming Today's Tech Stock Sell-Off On Alibaba ... And It Isn... | Business Insider
- Poignant Photos Show The Preserved Bedrooms Of Young Fallen Soldiers | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Olive Garden's Advertised Menu Items Vs. Reality | Business Insider
- Hackers Target eBay Users With Fake iPhone Listings (EBAY) | Business Insider