Bullish Stock Picks from Barron's
This weekend Barron's recommended going long on shares of Apple (AAPL), Morgan Stanley (MS), and Office Depot (ODP). They did cover more equities but we feel these are the best picks they have to offer this weekend.
Expect MS and ODP to get the 'Barron's bounce' come Monday when trading resumes. AAPL is a big enough monster that it doesn't need help at this point and we would rather own a competitor such as Google (GOOG) or even sluggish Microsoft (MSFT) before AAPL.
Office Depot is going to get the most attention as its shares trading in the $5 range. Friday ODP closed at $5.20 and has a 52-week range of $3.77 to $5.85.
MS closed Friday at $31.95, close to it's 52-week high of $33.52. MS does have an annual dividend yield of 1.25%
Here are the stories and the links:
Under new leadership, the office-supply firm has managed to turn a profit and still seems to have cost-cutting options. Why it's a value play.
Morgan Stanley's strategy of lower risk and less debt trading may be the new model for Wall Street.
As always you can review the bullish stock pick recomendations on Barron's website at the following link. They track the performance of the stock pick (pre & post recommendation). It's a great page to check out from time to time if you are looking for investing ideas.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ford CEO Expresses Interest In Working With Trump; Says Less Regulation Is Key To Saving U.S. Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Crisis Averted: China Calls Taiwan Phone Call A "Gimmick" As It Lodges Diplomatic Protest | ZeroHedge
- Largest US Bitcoin Exchange Ordered To Disclose Three Years Of User Data To IRS | ZeroHedge
- Will Rand Paul Fight Fake News With a Filibuster? | ZeroHedge
- Buyers Remorse? Trump Supporter Was Foreclosed On By Treasury Pick Steve Mnuchin | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: De-Globalization Trend Not as Clear as It Seems | Financial Sense
- 70% Of Immigrants Admitted Under Obama's "Minor Refugee" Program Are Actually Adults | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Motorola appears to be giving up on smartwatches (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Astronaut Buzz Aldrin has been safely evacuated from the South Pole | Business Insider
- Here's every actress who's played Jackie Kennedy in movies and TV | Business Insider
- A financial psychologist explains why your money problems are 'totally... | Business Insider
- Most garbage floating in the ocean gathers in these 5 giant patches | Business Insider
- Trump made the mistake of using Scotch tape to hold his tie together — here's... | Business Insider
- 'Polls might not be capable of predicting elections': How everyone blew it on... | Business Insider