Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Prices Tumble As Pace Of Rig Count Decline Slows | ZeroHedge
- How Much Crude Oil Do You Consume on a Daily Basis? | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Boris Nemtsov Was Assassinated | ZeroHedge
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- NYSE Margin Debt Declined in January | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Feb 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Breaking Bad (Debt) - Episode One | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung was so surprised by its success in the US that it sent people to audit its own... | Business Insider
- India unveils budget under pressure to deliver reforms | Business Insider
- An insider's look at the tumultuous launch of Google Glass | Business Insider
- The science of impressing people has nothing to do with your accomplishments | Business Insider
- China manufacturing shrinks again in February: govt | Business Insider
- Most of the NBA's highest-paid players aren't worth it | Business Insider
- Robben adds to tally in Bayern's birthday win | Business Insider