Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SWIFT and Yuan-Internationalization | Financial Sense
- Preview of January FOMC Meeting and Beyond | ZeroHedge
- Dow Futures Plunge 425 Points From Friday Highs; Greek Stocks/Bonds Plunging, Crude $44 Handle | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Franc Tumbles Then Soars, On Suspected Failed SNB Intervention | ZeroHedge
- Markets Tumble As FOMC 'Upgrades' Economy & Jobs In Hawkish Statement | ZeroHedge
- "Patient" Fed's Other Problem: A Third Of Traders Today Have Never Witnessed A Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- The Next "Tom Stolper" Has An FX Reco For You: Buy USDJPY | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Fired-up Serena to face teen Keys in Aussie semi | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Scientists Say This One Behavior Is The 'Kiss Of Death'... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- ‘Going Clear’ Director Lauds HBO for Backing Film on Scientology | TheStreet.com
- The Two Words That Made The Fed's Statement Dovish | Business Insider