Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Soaring Inflation Around The Globe: Cartier Hikes Russian Prices By 50%, Suntory Whiskey Prices Surge 25% In Japan | ZeroHedge
- Nigeria, Belarus Halt All FX Trading As Central Bank Urges "Don't Panic" | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Short Squeeze In 38 Months Sparks Stocks Triple-Decouple | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of "Red Monday" | ZeroHedge
- IMF Now Ready To Slam The Door On The U.S. And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- HUGELY BULLISH ON THIS | iBankCoin.com
- Outlook 2015: Deflation Remains the Dominant Theme | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's More Bizarre Evidence... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The US-Cuba Embargo Created A Bizarre World Where Waiters And Artists Are The Richest... | Business Insider
- 11 Mind-Blowing Facts About North Korea | Business Insider
- Judd Apatow Calls 'The Interview' Theater Cancellation... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before European Markets Open | Business Insider
- Why The Yukon Is One Of The Most Beautiful Places In Canada | Business Insider