Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek D(efault)-Day Arrives, As Does China's Plunge Protection Team | ZeroHedge
- Crude Slumps To $57 Handle As DOE Confirms Surprise Inventory Build, Production Hovers Near Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Turmoil To End Q2 With Worst Run Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- The US Constitution (2015 Edition) | ZeroHedge
- Cuba Inc. – Long Way to Go Before Opening to the Free Market | Financial Sense
- "Strong Fundamentals" Meme Destroyed As US Manufacturing PMI Slows To Its Weakest Since October 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Eurogroup's Dijsselbloem Says "No Grounds For Further Talks", Will "Wait For Outcome Of Referendum" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RadiumOne — the adtech company recently rumored to be... | Business Insider
- Here's what's really happening to your skin when you get a tattoo... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- Bill Gates is investing $2 billion in renewable technology over the... | Business Insider
- The $28 million NYC penthouse where Joan Rivers filmed her... | Business Insider
- 8 apps every food lover needs | Business Insider
- How to use Apple's Spotify killer — now on everyone's iPhone | Business Insider