Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
- Preemptive Move on Rates Still Unlikely | Financial Sense
- Taupe: It’s Not Just For The Oval Office Anymore | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Past Fear, Present Fear | ZeroHedge
- The Hard Life Of The First American | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider
- Liverpool are back to their best, says Rodgers | Business Insider
- Market Wrap... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Libyan Militiamen Take Over Part Of An Evacuated US Embassy... | Business Insider
- Ukraine soldiers in battle with Russian tanks in... | Business Insider
- This Is How Google Finds Its Floating Internet Balloons When They're Ready... | Business Insider