Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Google Vs The Entire Newspaper Industry: And The Winner Is... | ZeroHedge
- Things Worth Avoiding | iBankCoin.com
- Biotechs Hit Record High, +11.5% From Yellen's "Stretched Valuations" Warning | ZeroHedge
- Equity Levitation Stumbles After Second ECB Denial Of Corporate Bond Buying, Report Of 11 Stress Test Failures | ZeroHedge
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
- Early Q3 Earnings Not Driving the Market | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap October 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Taylor Swift... | Business Insider
- Oil Is Taking A Drubbing Again (USO) | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Here's What Republicans Should Do Next | Business Insider
- Yahoo! Shares Surge After Third Quarter Earnings Beat Led by Alibaba | TheStreet.com
- US automaker Ford starts luxury Lincoln sales in China | Business Insider
- Ebola Has Now Spread To Mali | Business Insider