Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Policymakers Have Been Calling A 'Depression' A 'Recovery' For Nearly A Decade" | ZeroHedge
- A Fully Automated Stock Market Blow-Off? | ZeroHedge
- China Is Building Its Future on Credit | Financial Sense
- Presenting "Putin's Useful Idiot": Anyone Who Disagrees With The Establishment | ZeroHedge
- The Speech Bounce: Trump "Nearly Even" With Clinton In Latest Reuters Poll | ZeroHedge
- A Collision-Course With Crisis: Making The Wrong Choices For The Wrong Reasons | ZeroHedge
- S&P Warns of Rising Global Default Wave | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stunning photos give a totally unexpected perspective into how the 1% parties | Business Insider
- Prince William says George got too many birthday gifts | Business Insider
- Amid concerns over Iran, a Saudi official made a... | Business Insider
- Instagram could be having an unexpectedly... | Business Insider
- The US reportedly helped Brazil track down and... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The new 'Doctor Strange' trailer that just debuted at Comic-Con is here and... | Business Insider