Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Norway's Giant Sovereign Wealth Fund Goes Full Tinfoil Fringe Blog | ZeroHedge
- Are Oklahoma's Quakes Caused By Wastewater Disposal? (Spolier Alert: Yes!) | ZeroHedge
- Can Israel Become the World’s Next Tech Capital? | Financial Sense
- We’re Not Done Going Higher | iBankCoin.com
- Election ‘Chaos’ In UK Could Trigger ‘Lehman Moment’ For Pound | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 24 | ZeroHedge
- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More than 700 reported dead after massive... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin regulation is coming to New York | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Google has a new and unexpected explanation for its falling ad rates (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Qaeda, allies take key regime holdout in northwest Syria | Business Insider
- Spurs keep Saints in check despite Pelle brace | Business Insider
- A new study raises a troubling question... | Business Insider