Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gundlach: "The Market Will Keep Pushing Deutsche Bank Lower Until It Is Bailed Out" | ZeroHedge
- Satellite Imagery Reveals China's Strategic Petroleum Reserve Is Vastly Greater Than Disclosed | ZeroHedge
- 4 States Sue To Block Obama's Internet Transition Set For Tomorrow Night | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Watch This Key Level | Financial Sense
- "Message Sent?" - Russia, China Release Stunning Panoramic Video Of Naval Drills | ZeroHedge
- Destructive Education Models Bankrupting US: New Models Needed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This former lawyer quit his office job to revolutionize how men buy luxury... | Business Insider
- The White House made a noteworthy correction on the... | Business Insider
- Go inside New York City's most expensive home, which just got a $24 million price... | Business Insider
- Chinese hospital bosses threaten to fire staff for buying iPhone 7... | Business Insider
- 22 fascinating maps that show how Americans speak English differently across the US | Business Insider
- The Fed is dragging us to economic hell | Business Insider
- 'Sexist tweets & disgusting lies': Elizabeth Warren rips Donald... | Business Insider