Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hands Of Kim Jong Nam's Killers Were "Coated With Mystery Poison" | ZeroHedge
- New Study Finds That Trump's Immigration Crack Down Could Cost $5 Trillion In GDP Over 10 Years | ZeroHedge
- Is it Autumn 2007 All Over Again? | ZeroHedge
- Nevada Weather Service Warns Of Dam Failure Threat | ZeroHedge
- The Criminalization Of Financial Independence | ZeroHedge
- Florida Teacher "Reassigned" After Facebook Post Praising Trump On Immigration | ZeroHedge
- Auto Loan Bubble Bursting, And Lenders Know Where Your Car Is At All Times | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Appeals court rules there is no Second Amendment... | Business Insider
- New York City's most iconic hotel is closing indefinitely this month — take a look... | Business Insider
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider
- 10 reasons why the octopus is one of the most incredible creatures in the sea | Business Insider
- I'm a Silicon Valley liberal, and I traveled across the country to interview... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- The latest ICE crackdowns on immigrants are hardly 'routine' | Business Insider