Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Confusion: EU Tells Cameron To Hurry Up With Article 50 As Merkel Says No Need To Rush | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- Boris Johnson Wins Key Support To Become PM As Labour Leader Foils Leadership Coup | ZeroHedge
- Nomura Warns "Do Not Underestimate The Global Contagion" From Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Omitted One Key Email From The State Department Review | ZeroHedge
- Tony Robbins Asks Everyone To "Storm Across A Bed Of Hot Coals" - Dozens Get Injured | ZeroHedge
- The $555 Trillion Derivatives Debt Implosion Is About to Begin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GEORGE SOROS: Brexit will lead to the 'disintegration of the EU' | Business Insider
- 11 crucial career lessons we can learn from the award-winning musical 'Hamilton' | Business Insider
- Brexit is not expected to have a big impact on the English Premier League | Business Insider
- State bans on assault-style weapons haven't been... | Business Insider
- These maps show you how far $50 of gas will take you | Business Insider
- How to wear a short-sleeve button-down without looking dorky | Business Insider
- Former Trump adviser: Lewandowski firing 'came out of' fallout from attacks on... | Business Insider