Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Central Banks 'Rigging' Rates or Dealing With Past Sins? | Financial Sense
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- "Repeal, Don't Reform The IMF" Ron Paul Rages | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen Exclaims "The Fed Has Not Learnt Anything From The Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Real Reason Putin & Xi Dislike The West? | ZeroHedge
- China Breakout | iBankCoin.com
- Federal Agents Investigating Bitcoin Money Laundering Extorted, Stole Over $1 Million In Bitcoin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's Nest thermostats can't work out that the clocks have gone... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk has a great idea for curing traffic congestion in big cities (... | Business Insider
- Starc truth a lesson for future one-dayers | Business Insider
- Varoufakis says blame game helps Europe's enemies | Business Insider
- Microsoft just dropped two trailers for 'Halo 5' and... | Business Insider
- This workbook is what allegedly passes for... | Business Insider
- Meerkat vs. Periscope: There can be only one king... | Business Insider