Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- In Stinging Defeat, House Republicans Abandon Obamacare Repeal Effort | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Top? Champagne Shipments To US Reach 2007 Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Praxis Seeks to Revive the Apprenticeship Model of Employment | Financial Sense
- FBI Director Comey Unexpectedly Shows Up At The White House | ZeroHedge
- "ObamaCare Will Explode" Trump Tweets As WSJ Lashes Out At "ObamaCare Republicans" | ZeroHedge
- "They're Like The Praetorian Guard" - Whistleblower Confirms NSA Targeted Congress, The Supreme Court, & Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop ban hits Dubai for 1.1 million weekend travelers | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- NATO is setting up a new meeting to accommodate Rex Tillerson... | Business Insider
- STOCKS REBOUND AFTER 'TRUMPCARE' VOTE PULLED: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- LaVar Ball is the best thing to happen to sports in years | Business Insider
- The Davinci IQ is the most innovative vaporizer you can buy right now | Business Insider
- Critics have it all wrong about the new 'Mass Effect'... | Business Insider