Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- British Money-Changer Imposes Capital Controls, Suspends Online FX Transactions | ZeroHedge
- Dow Opens Down 500 Points To "Jo Cox" Lows - Largest Gap-Down Since 1986 | ZeroHedge
- Bund Yields Crash Most Ever To Record Lows As Peripheral Sovereign Risk Explodes | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- This Was Obvious in 2010 and Stated Explicitly Last March - The Euro, Stick a Fork In it, Its Just About Done! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Putin is 'essentially trolling the US' by complimenting Trump, and the... | Business Insider
- Here's why Mark Zuckerberg puts tape over his laptop camera | Business Insider
- Top Clinton adviser: Trump's post-Brexit news conference proof he'... | Business Insider
- Celebrities are stunned and heartbroken over the Brexit result | Business Insider
- These are the 5 best gas grills you can buy this season | Business Insider
- 14 of your most embarrassing questions about sunburn... | Business Insider
- We ranked the Game of Thrones characters by leadership skills — No. 1 may... | Business Insider