Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- David Einhorn Is "Adding More Shorts", Has A Question For Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Cities Series: Competitive Clusters Drive Sustainable Growth in Seattle | Financial Sense
- China To The Rescue: Global Equity Market Rebound After Latest Chinese Easing | ZeroHedge
- China's Day Trading Hordes Unmasked | ZeroHedge
- You Think Your Job Is Bad | ZeroHedge
- Secretary Of State For Hire: Hillary Clinton Made Millions From Foreign Donors In Exchange For "Favors" | ZeroHedge
- Why Russia Will Send More Troops to Central Asia | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Brazil's reputation hangs on a set of numbers... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- 3 reasons why Latin American central bankers aren... | Business Insider
- Obama in fresh push on climate change | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley smashes earnings estimates | Business Insider
- Shares of drugmaker Mylan are going wild after news of a possible buyout (MYL,... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com