Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bezos Bursts Above Buffett To Become World's Second Richest Man | ZeroHedge
- Nunes 'Source' Was A "Whistleblower-Type", Ryan Says | ZeroHedge
- New Study Says Robots Took All Of Detroit's Jobs, Not Mexico | ZeroHedge
- Capitol Police Open Fire On Truck Driver Who Tried Running Over Police Officers; Driver In Custody | ZeroHedge
- Google’s DeepMind Wants to Enter the Grid | Financial Sense
- "Did Russia Ever Interfere In The US Elections?" Putin Answers: "Watch My Lips, No" | ZeroHedge
- "American Psycho" Author Blasts Hollywood Snowflakes For "Childish Meltdowns" Over Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how the new Galaxy S8 compares to the top phones in... | Business Insider
- Here's how Trump's plan to dismantle Obama's climate legacy could fall apart | Business Insider
- Here's how a self-described... | Business Insider
- The executive behind Pizza Hut and KFC says robots could replace some fast-food... | Business Insider
- Trump's laptop ban could be great for European airlines (AAL, DAL, UAL) | Business Insider
- THE SHIP-FROM-STORE REPORT: Why legacy retailers need to rethink the purpose of their brick-... | Business Insider
- China is calling on the US to honor climate commitments after Trump... | Business Insider