Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Headwinds for the U.S. and U.K. Economies | Financial Sense
- The Chunnel Tunnel in Effect | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed is Absolutely Terrified of Something… What Is It? | ZeroHedge
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- The Schizomedia Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- QE FOR LIFE, HOMIE | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Now Most Overbought In A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Fiat Crossover Finished Last On Consumer Reports'... | Business Insider
- Free Streaming Site Sues Ad Verification Service For Allegedly Cutting Off Millions In... | Business Insider
- The Antares Rocket Explosion Took 1,254 Pounds Of Student Science... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- REPORT: 85% Of Small Business Owners Plan To Expand In 2015 | Business Insider
- There's A Massive Sexual Assault March Happening At Columbia University... | Business Insider