Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 50 Numbers From 2014 That Sound Fake But That Are Actually Real | ZeroHedge
- The Burning Questions for 2015 | Financial Sense
- Broken Energy Markets And The Downside Of Hubbert’s Peak | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 23 | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
- Happy Holidays Hollande: French Joblessness Surges To Another New Record High | ZeroHedge
- Why Everyone Is About To Rush Into Subprime Mortgage Debt (Again) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- European Markets Are Up | Business Insider
- Russia, Ukraine set for peace talks after Kiev step... | Business Insider
- Extremists Are Flocking To The 'Dark Web' | Business Insider
- Meet The Tiny Beetle That's Killing Off Grizzly Bears | Business Insider
- Nationals Pitcher Tweets His Starbucks Gift Card So Everyone Can Buy A Coffee On Him... | Business Insider
- The 114-Year-Old Woman Who Went Up Against Facebook Has... | Business Insider
- Here Are The 10 Least Affordable Rental Markets In The US | Business Insider