Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- End Of An Era: The Rise And Fall Of The Petrodollar System | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Plunges To Post-Brexit Lows | ZeroHedge
- DSK'd? IMF's Lagarde Loses Fight To Avoid French Trial Over Corruption Case | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Announces European Referendum Tour | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 22 | ZeroHedge
- The New Middle East: Exit America Enter Russia | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Goldman Sachs moves ahead with online lending plans (GS) | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart takes over for Stephen... | Business Insider
- What it's like to be black in Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Here’s what Goldman Sachs looks for in a résumé | Business Insider
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- This is the No. 1 mistake that... | Business Insider