Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yet More Rigging By Big Banks – This Time It’s Interest Rate Swaps | ZeroHedge
- Salting The Economy To Death | ZeroHedge
- If "Everything's Awesome" Why Did Aussie CapEx Just Collapse By The Most In Its 30 Year History | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
- Charting The Full Impact Of Europe's Plunging Currency On U.S. Corporate Revenues | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some questions, answers about Minneapolis police shooting... | Business Insider
- 6 migrant children drown on way to Greece | Business Insider
- The Latest: France focused on destroying IS HQ in Raqqa | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Fury slightly heavier than Klitschko ahead of bout | Business Insider
- Boston police say no investigation in apparent Okafor... | Business Insider
- Court fight erupts over care of media mogul Sumner... | Business Insider