Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NSA Leak: "Washington Is Negotiating With Every Nation That Borders China... So As To 'Confront' Beijing" | ZeroHedge
- Non-Seasonally-Adjusted ISM Manufacturing Plunges To 2015 Lows As Production Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt: A 1.6% Decline From Last Month's Record High | Financial Sense
- LTV 137% - In Unprecedented Development, Lenders Now Take Record Losses On Every Used Car Loan | ZeroHedge
- Part-Time Jobs Surge By 161,000; Full-Time Jobs Tumble By 349,000 | ZeroHedge
- Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jun 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Almost half of Japanese people aren't having sex — and it could endanger... | Business Insider
- Stocks are rallying (SPY, DJI, IXIC, ACE, CB, F, GM, TM, FCAU) | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Wall Street's deep-pocketed donors aren't throwing money behind Chris... | Business Insider
- US black church fire stokes arson fears | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Athens is so paranoid that some people think 'Greece is... | Business Insider