Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Earnings Preview - Second Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
- For Those Already Missing Varoufakis, He Was Just Sighted In Athens... | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Vote “No” In Razor Thin 60/40 BLOWOUT | iBankCoin.com
- Meet New Greek Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos | ZeroHedge
- New Greek FinMin Arrives In Belgium "Empty-Handed", Will Submit New Proposal "Maybe" On Wednesday | ZeroHedge
- It Begins: ECB Hikes Greek ELA Haircuts; Full "Depositor Bail-In" Sensitivity Analysis | ZeroHedge
- Greece "Matters" Again - Stocks, Silver, Copper & Bond Yields Are All Tumbling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesla and Toyota are fighting over the best way... | Business Insider
- Bruce Schneier: David Cameron's proposed... | Business Insider
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned | Business Insider
- How to override the Apple Music default features on your iPhone | Business Insider
- Zenefits just made a brilliant legal move to try and block a lawsuit from its... | Business Insider
- The cast of 'Suicide Squad' has an on-set therapist for... | Business Insider
- Rodriguez wins Tour stage as Froome strikes blow | Business Insider