Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Austerity And Economic Religion | ZeroHedge
- New Highs in Cumulative A/D Is Not Confirmation of a Healthy Market | Financial Sense
- Rotation is Underway | iBankCoin.com
- US-Trained Special Forces Chief Joins ISIS, Vows To Bring Jihad To Russia & America | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Happens When A Millennial Tries To Get A Job | ZeroHedge
- Peak Food, an Introduction | Financial Sense
- Dead Markets Drifting As Dollar Drops | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook is finally letting you post a GIF as your status update | Business Insider
- A Disney animation legend explains why he's convinced Google... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Why the man behind $2.8 billion Slack says the best... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Federer into last 16 at French Open | Business Insider