Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Effective Have The Fed's QE Programs Been? | ZeroHedge
- William O'Brien, Infamous CEO Of BATS, Has Left The Firm | ZeroHedge
- US Government Releases Alleged Evidence Of MH17 Missile Trajectory | ZeroHedge
- Bill Ackman's "Most Important Death-Blow-For-Herbalife Presentation Ever" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Biotech Investors "Fight The Fed" | ZeroHedge
- No Data, Mo War, No Worries: S&P Hits New Record High | ZeroHedge
- "The West's Public Enemy Number One" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why The EU Still Won't Approve Tough Sanctions On Russia | Business Insider
- Massachusetts Is The Best Place To Raise Children | Business Insider
- Qatar's Purchase Of Billions Of US Weaponry — And Support For Hamas — Shows How... | Business Insider
- It's Obvious That An Independent Scotland Just Won't Be... | Business Insider
- New Zealand Central Bank Raises Benchmark Interest Rate To 3.5% | Business Insider
- Healthcare Premiums Would Absolutely Explode If Today's... | Business Insider
- Chipotle Poses A Surprising Threat To Abercrombie &... | Business Insider