Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action | Financial Sense
- Silver & Small Caps Slump As Bonds & Dollar Jump | ZeroHedge
- Fed Comments Should Spur Positivity | Financial Sense
- Alibaba Prices At $68: Here's What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- "Stocks Are More Crash-Prone Than Ever," Fleckenstein Slams "Fed's Idiot Policies" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: The Fed | ZeroHedge
- The NYSE Would Like You To Know All Is Well As BABA Looms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Man Used The App Whisper To Document His Standoff With Police | Business Insider
- Hours Before The Alibaba IPO, The NYSE Is Already A Madhouse | Business Insider
- How Cnooc, PetroChina Investors Can Benefit From Disputed South China Sea | TheStreet.com
- We Always Wondered How Subway Cars Are Built, So We Went To Yonkers To Find Out | Business Insider
- THE SOCIAL-MEDIA DEMOGRAPHICS REPORT: Differences In Gender, Age, And Income At... | Business Insider
- 11 Outrageous Things Billionaire Larry Ellison Has Taught The World (ORCL) | Business Insider
- 7 Stats We Just Learned About Same-Sex Couples | Business Insider