Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Libertarians | ZeroHedge
- Our Financial Future: Infinite Greed Meets A Funny Thing Called Karma | ZeroHedge
- Overseas Investors Have "Little Appetite" For Chasing Chinese Mania: JPM | ZeroHedge
- America's Drone-Death Outrage (Summarized In 1 Awkward Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Just 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
- US Data and Fed to Drive the Dollar in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Implications of the Secular Stagnation Debate | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Clashes rage in Yemen as calls for peace talks grow | Business Insider
- Why Google+ failed, according to Google insiders (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank to cut costs by 3.5 bn euros by 2020 | Business Insider
- Barca guarding against complacency in La Liga title push | Business Insider
- Elon Musk's Twitter account was hacked (TSLA) | Business Insider
- Jay-Z doppelgänger spotted in Harlem photo from 1939 | Business Insider
- Markets are loving the idea that HSBC... | Business Insider