Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Not So Fast: Scotland And Northern Ireland May Have Brexit Veto Rights | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- Why The Brits Really Voted "Leave" (In 3 Simple Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Hillary's Lead Over Trump Is Either 1% Or 12% Depending On Which Poll You Believe | ZeroHedge
- George Soros: "Brexit Makes EU Disintegration Irreversible" | ZeroHedge
- "Trying To Wash Away Her Bad Judgement?" - Clinton Attacks Trump Following Brexit Results | ZeroHedge
- UK Chancellor Osborne Breaks Silence, Fails To Calm Markets; Says In No Rush To Trigger Article 50 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: CIA weapons meant for Syrian rebels sold to the... | Business Insider
- Try to spot a Bentley in this 53,000 megapixel photo | Business Insider
- The pound is getting thumped again in Asian trade | Business Insider
- 2 reasons California's drought hasn't caused food prices to skyrocket... | Business Insider
- HBO's 'Silicon Valley' took a hilarious shot at Theranos | Business Insider
- Why Britain left | Business Insider
- 13 things mentally strong people don't do | Business Insider