Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After Denying Bias, Facebook Changes Policies That Produce Anti-Conservative Bias | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Maximum Amount Of Cash You Can Take Out At A Venezuela ATM | ZeroHedge
- Clouds on the Horizon for Vices | Financial Sense
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- Another Blistering Auction: Foreign Central Banks Just Can't Get Enough Of 5Y Paper | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- Three Weird Consequences Of NIRP | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I tried the awesome new Minecraft mode that turns into a 'Hunger Games'-... | Business Insider
- TOLL BROTHERS: The luxury housing market looks strong everywhere except in one... | Business Insider
- Protesters clash with... | Business Insider
- 10 ways smart couples can finish rich | Business Insider
- Tim Cook's iPhone admission points to Apple's larger problem (AAPL... | Business Insider
- The Weeknd and rapper Belly canceled Jimmy Kimmel appearance in... | Business Insider
- 'I've looked at over 40,000 résumés, and these... | Business Insider