Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
- BleachBit Brags Of Wiping Hillary's Servers Clean With Claims It "Stifled FBI Investigation" | ZeroHedge
- How Obamacare Destroyed The Middle Class In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Total State Or Total Freedom: The 8 Marks Of Fascist Policy | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rogers Explains What He Is Doing Before "The Next Time The World Comes To An End" | ZeroHedge
- Another Canary In The Coal Mine... | ZeroHedge
- Negative Rates and Cash Bans: The Chaos Continues at Jackson Hole | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Flywire expands its healthcare payments offering | Business Insider
- The surprising origins of the slogan 'Don't mess with Texas... | Business Insider
- Facebook reportedly fired a team involved in news stories — with an hour's... | Business Insider
- Uber has handed a hot finance Wall Street startup a huge... | Business Insider
- The biggest destinations for tourists this summer, according to TripAdvisor | Business Insider
- What would happen if Trump decided to quit... | Business Insider
- Our best shot at finding aliens may be red, dim, and angry little stars | Business Insider