Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Artists' Road To Serfdom: The Commoditization Of Creative Content | ZeroHedge
- Land Of The Free? 1 In 3 Americans Are On File With The FBI In The US Police State | ZeroHedge
- How Japanese Hyperinflation Starts (In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- How General Dynamics Just Got A $600 Million Check From Uncle Sam, Courtesy Of ISIS | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Comfort Zone (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What A Former Facebook Employee Learned About His 'Soul-Crushing... | Business Insider
- Uncapped five in Cheika's first Wallaby squad | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- STOCKS ARE SURGING — DOW UP 185, NASDAQ UP 2% (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, KO, MCD, CMG) | Business Insider
- Here's The First Team Photo Of The People Behind Google's New $100... | Business Insider
- These Two Maps Explain ISIS's Chokehold Over Iraq | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek