Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- DAX Plunges To 1 Year Lows As Deutsche Bank CoCos Crash, Italian Bank Stocks Slide | ZeroHedge
- Post-Payrolls Reaction: Sell Everything, Buy Dollars | ZeroHedge
- Four Days After Predicting Oil Will Double, T. Boone Pickens Sells All Oil Holdings | ZeroHedge
- When Mother Market Force Takes Over Central Banking! Watch Rates Rise Even Though the Fed Doesn't | ZeroHedge
- A Distracted Society Keeps The Police State In Power | ZeroHedge
- Kyle Bass Asks If China Is Fine, Why Are They So Worried About "Some Hedge Fund Manager In Texas" | ZeroHedge
- 4 Key Takeaways From Davos: Mastering the 4th Industrial Revolution | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cam Newton's crazy fashion sense actually started as a punishment... | Business Insider
- I tried 'shrimp' made in a lab — and now I'd consider ditching the real... | Business Insider
- Theranos is hiring a writer who can 'solve problems through the power of... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's foreign policy is actually... | Business Insider
- Here's how you can unlock Uber's secret VIP program | Business Insider
- Job cuts surged 218% in January | Business Insider
- 24 cities every music lover should experience before they die | Business Insider