Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Prices Rise Before Fed as Yen Defies Bank of Japan's Urgent New Inflation Plan | Financial Sense
- Russia-US Cyber Tensions Show the True Threat of Cyberwar | Financial Sense
- Weekend Reading: Fed Saves The Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Says "No Need" For Brain Test After 'Cock-Eyed' Dementia Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Emailgate: How One Twitter User Proved The "Intent" That The FBI Missed After Months "Investigating" | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Did The US Target Syrian Aid Convoy With Hellfire Missile? | ZeroHedge
- Cloud Not Quite Nine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Air Force general: F-16s may be vulnerable to cyber attack | Business Insider
- I listened to 82 finance startup pitches — here's what... | Business Insider
- What a Los Angeles media professional making $75,000 spends in a week | Business Insider
- This is the most annoying and possibly dangerous thing about new cars | Business Insider
- I measured the coffee-to-ice ratio at Starbucks and Dunkin... | Business Insider
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing... | Business Insider
- This theory explains how there could be different dimensions of... | Business Insider