Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- American Electorate Loses As Partisan Media Coverage Of Candidate Health Turns Outright Bizarre | ZeroHedge
- The EpiPen Scandal Is Worse Than You Think: What You’re Not Being Told | ZeroHedge
- Illinois Governor Furious After Pension Fund Cuts Returns Forecast, Sticking Taxpayers With "Crippling" Tax Hike | ZeroHedge
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
- BleachBit Brags Of Wiping Hillary's Servers Clean With Claims It "Stifled FBI Investigation" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Why Russia Won't Collapse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 burning questions we still need answered on 'Making a Murderer' season 2 | Business Insider
- China's corruption crackdown has claimed an... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider
- This Shelby Cobra just made history as... | Business Insider
- 4 TVs under $500 that stand above the rest | Business Insider
- 19 Easter eggs hidden within your Google search bar (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The 21 biggest stars of fall TV you need to know | Business Insider