Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Is Correct – Boeing Is Gouging The Taxpayer On The New Air Force One | ZeroHedge
- What's Behind The Relentless Market Surge? RBC Explains | ZeroHedge
- China’s FX Reserves Drops Most in 10 Months; Yuan at 8 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- Crude Tumbles Below $50 After Biggest Cushing Build Since Jan 2009 | ZeroHedge
- The Collapse Of 'Real' Media Credibility (In 3 Simple Images) | ZeroHedge
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The architect behind the CIA’s torture program... | Business Insider
- One brutal table from McKinsey shows how... | Business Insider
- 'Westworld' star Jeffrey Wright weighs in on a bold new fan theory... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Here's why pen caps have a small hole at the top | Business Insider
- Something interesting — and possibly alarming — is happening with Tesla stock (TSLA) | Business Insider
- A 30-year-old photo shows the long history Trump's incoming ambassador... | Business Insider