Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump's Border Wall Plan Faces 3 Key Hurdles | ZeroHedge
- Robots are Taking Our Jobs, and That is a Good Thing | ZeroHedge
- Europe Unveils New Gun Laws: "Like Putting A Band-Aid On A Bullet Wound" | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- Equity Research Faces "Major Disruption" As Study Finds "Less Than 1%" Of Reports Are Actually Read | ZeroHedge
- March Consumer Confidence Highest Since 2000 | Financial Sense
- Trump To Sign "Energy Independence" Order Killing Obama's Climate Change Initiatives | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'They make our nation less safe': Sessions... | Business Insider
- There's been a 'stunning' shift in the US economy since Trump's election | Business Insider
- Amazon is launching a drive-up grocery service — here's how it works... | Business Insider
- JEFFERIES: Costs at ESPN are holding back Disney (DIS) | Business Insider
- TOP US GENERAL: US 'probably had a role' in the Mosul strike that may... | Business Insider
- Photos of new tiger cubs in Thailand reveal a 'miraculous' comeback for... | Business Insider
- THE REVERSE... | Business Insider