Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe SCHLoCK HeaRD RouND THe WoRLD... | ZeroHedge
- On Washington's Ukrainian Fiasco: "Who Is The Real Problem Here?" | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- UN Says MH-17 Downing "May Be War Crime"; Russia Responds Photos Of Ukraine Shelling Are Fake | ZeroHedge
- Forget What They Say And Watch What They Do | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap July 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China Troubles Bite McDonald's: Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- UPS Shares Tumble After An Ugly Earnings Report (UPS) | Business Insider
- Yelp's Newest Feature Adds Videos To Your Restaurant Reviews | Business Insider
- These Colleges Have Minted The Most Tech Executives | Business Insider
- Formula One Drivers Do Insanely Specific Exercises To Keep Death At Bay | Business Insider
- US Says Russia Tested A Cruise Missile In Violation Of Cold War Treaty... | Business Insider
- Pro-Russian Rebels Are Using Soviet WWII... | Business Insider