Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lumber Liquidators Loses Leader - Surprise CEO Resignation Extends Loss To 75% In 3 Months | ZeroHedge
- Suicide Bomber Detonates In Saudi Mosque, ISIS Suspected | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To The Oligarch Recovery: 82% Of US Construction Is Luxury Units | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Rendering Of Obama's Iraq Strategy | ZeroHedge
- Is China Under The Skyscraper Curse? | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The '3-email rule' is the key to solving the biggest problem with your inbox | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, DIA, QQQ, HPQ, ROST, ARO, RAI, LO... | Business Insider
- US egg prices soar as avian flu batters poultry industry | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- ART CASHIN: The market could face a big test at 1PM (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA) | Business Insider
- Hamilton on top after opening practice in Monaco | Business Insider
- Apple Pay is ringing in a new era of payment security | Business Insider