Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 150 Years Of Global Monetary Policy Summed Up In One Word (And 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
- Judge Rules Obama's Abuse Of Executive Orders Is "Unconstitutional" | ZeroHedge
- China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal | Financial Sense
- Bond Yields Set To Plunge In 2015: Next Year Global Treasury Supply Will Tumble By 20% As ECB Joins The Party | ZeroHedge
- The Day Einstein Feared Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Two More Cops Shot After Yesterday's Brutal New York "Execution" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elton John to wed David Furnish after 21 years together | Business Insider
- A Fascinating Glimpse Of Ordinary Life In North Korea | Business Insider
- Here's What London Bankers' Year-End Bonuses Will Look Like Before The New... | Business Insider
- The Winners for Best and Worst Biotech CEOs of 2014 Are... | TheStreet.com
- These Are The 10 Best Used Cars For First-Time Drivers | Business Insider
- Find Out How Your Salary Compares To The UK National Average | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek