Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
- Optimistic Narrative for China? | Financial Sense
- Silver & Crude Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
- Manifesto - The Values of Value Investing | ZeroHedge
- Southeast Asia’s High Speed Rail Network | Financial Sense
- A Worrying Set Of Signals | ZeroHedge
- Who Owns Your Presidential Candidate? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama administration designates 2 new marine sanctuaries | Business Insider
- Clinton to push new gun controls after Oregon shooting | Business Insider
- This sleek underwater drone might be your best shot at finding sunken... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Nobel Medicine Prize opens week of awards | Business Insider
- This email rant just cost a male Girls in Tech employee his job | Business Insider
- Pacific trade ministers to meet again Sunday... | Business Insider