Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China and Global Market Turbulence | Financial Sense
- The Age Of Voodoo Finance | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Volatility Farce Continues: Oil Now Surging As OPEC Hints At "Fair Price" Talks | ZeroHedge
- Polish Government Confirms Discovery Of Nazi "Gold Train", Warns It May Be Booby-Trapped | ZeroHedge
- Coal For The Win | iBankCoin.com
- US Futures Tumble After Latest Abysmal Chinese Economic Data, Crude Surge Stalls | ZeroHedge
- Clash, Mesh, Rattle... Thud | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mourners to pay tribute to slain television cameraman | Business Insider
- Rihanna excited to celebrate 10 years in music industry | Business Insider
- How to download Amazon videos to your iPhone so you can watch them when you'... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Here’s what Facebook knows about you based on your ‘likes’ | Business Insider
- How to tell if someone is lying | Business Insider
- Los Angeles poised to vote on 2024 Olympic plan | Business Insider