Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Iraq and Syria Follow Lebanon’s Precedent | Financial Sense
- Government To Regulate Groundwater For 1st Time As California Drought Becomes "Race To The Bottom" | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- More Than Twice as Many Americans “Strongly Disapprove” of Obama as “Strongly Approve” | ZeroHedge
- The "Real" Retail Story: The Consumer Economy Remains At A Recessionary Level | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Anti-ISIS Strategy Summarized In 1 Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Back to That Same Look | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How To Avoid Being The Office Jerk | Business Insider
- Second seed Halep crashes out of US Open | Business Insider
- Splunk Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Step Inside Celine Dion's Lavish Florida Compound, Now On Sale For A Discounted... | Business Insider
- STOCKS FALL: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, RSH, F, TM... | Business Insider
- A Massive Search Is Underway For A Schizophrenic Man Who Allegedly Stole A Police Cruiser And A... | Business Insider
- Australia says MH370 'may have turned south... | Business Insider