Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Noted Putin Critic Warns Of Confrontation Between Trump And Russia, Not Collaboration | ZeroHedge
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- Axel Merk On What's Next For The Dollar, Gold, & Stocks? | ZeroHedge
- A New Trend Emerges – Digital Gold "Gifting" Gains Popularity In China | ZeroHedge
- 9 Years Later... Greece Is Still In A Debt Crisis! | ZeroHedge
- Dijsselbloem Must Go, But That Solves Nothing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE IoT 101 REPORT: Your essential guide to the... | Business Insider
- The top 5 predictions for the future of digital | Business Insider
- Chuck Schumer says he'll vote 'no' on Trump's Supreme Court... | Business Insider
- 'Deaths of despair' are on the rise among... | Business Insider
- Busting the myth about the dollar and oil | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Craiglist's founder Craig Newmark on overcoming 'my... | Business Insider