Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BCA: Global Equities Hanging By a Thread | Financial Sense
- Days After Apple Invests In China's Didi, Toyota Invests In Uber To Boost Car Leasing | ZeroHedge
- Stronger Dollar Sends Futures Higher, Oil Lower, Asian Stocks To Two Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Hacker Who Got Inside Hillary Clinton's Server Said To Cooperate Fully With Ongoing Email Investigation | ZeroHedge
- In Dramatic Outcome, Austria's Right Wing Presidential Candidate Is Defeated Thanks To Postal Votes | ZeroHedge
- Charting The Most Important Investors Through Time | ZeroHedge
- The Case For Brexit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Walmart is falling behind in the e-commerce race | Business Insider
- People who can speak multiple languages are invaluable in the... | Business Insider
- Bayer is making a $62 billion move for Monsanto | Business Insider
- We went to Banana Republic and saw why sales are plummeting | Business Insider
- Things have gotten so bad in the oil industry that workers have stopped paying their... | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban's foray into politics has reached new heights | Business Insider
- A flight attendant shares 9 tips for acing the interview | Business Insider