Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Blood (and Snow) on the Street | Financial Sense
- Gold Falls on Deflation Concerns | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Jan 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Oil Hasn't Been This 'Cheap' Since 1988 | ZeroHedge
- "It's Different This Time" GDP Hockey-Sticks Edition | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Syriza? | ZeroHedge
- The Fed - Lucky or Smart? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Serena sets up dream Australian Open final with Sharapova... | Business Insider
- US Senate approves controversial Keystone pipeline | Business Insider
- The Father Of A Sick Child Wants His County To Kick Unvaccinated Kids... | Business Insider
- Djokovic fights off Wawrinka to reach Australian Open... | Business Insider
- Physicists Have Built A Time Machine Simulator | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek