Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Annotated History Of Russian Crises Since 1860 | ZeroHedge
- Junk Bonds Are Going To Tell Us Where The Stock Market Is Heading In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- SCaMDaLF THe MuNiFiCeNT... | ZeroHedge
- Just What Is China Buying? | ZeroHedge
- WINSHIP IS ON THE MENU | iBankCoin.com
- Central Banks Are Now Uncorking The Delirium Phase | ZeroHedge
- PUTIN, NORTH KOREA, OIL...HAPPY HOLIDAYS | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Red Hat Chief Jim Whitehurst: Open Source Is Spurring Innovation | TheStreet.com
- George Clooney Tried To Get Hollywood... | Business Insider
- Santa Rally Continues With Rising European Stocks | Business Insider
- Google Just Filed A Lawsuit Against Mississippi'... | Business Insider
- The Chief Economist Of Russia's... | Business Insider
- Two New York police officers 'executed' in Brooklyn | Business Insider
- I Just Found Out 43 Slaves Work For Me | Business Insider