Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- Russia is de-dollarizing | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
- Market Boosted by Caterpillar (CAT) Earnings | Financial Sense
- Eluding the Illusion | iBankCoin.com
- Despite WHO's Confidence, Mali Becomes 6th West African Nation With Ebola | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Police expand presence in Jerusalem after car attack | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- A New Study Shows That Sunday Is The Best Day To Book A Flight | Business Insider
- UNBOXED: The iPad Air 2 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's How We Ranked The Best Suburbs In America | Business Insider
- Senior US Officials Describe The 'Big... | Business Insider
- This Is The Worst Airport In The World | Business Insider