Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Brits Really Voted "Leave" (In 3 Simple Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Is Brexit The First Of Many Dominoes? A Few Charts | ZeroHedge
- Currency Carnage Continues: Cable, USDJPY Tumble As FX Markets Open | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Triggers Existential Eruption of EU: “Disintegration of the EU practically irreversible.” | ZeroHedge
- George Soros: "Brexit Makes EU Disintegration Irreversible" | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why our eyes twitch and 5 other probable explanations... | Business Insider
- This Apple vet has a funny piece of advice for founders: Pay attention to a VC'... | Business Insider
- iCloud is finally getting better (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Bill Clinton just made a big style mistake — here's what you can learn from it | Business Insider
- These charts helped US troops identify enemy aircraft during World War II | Business Insider
- Alert: Fintech revolution hits roadblocks | Business Insider
- The most dangerous place in the world is about to get a whole lot scarier | Business Insider