Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Great Reset | ZeroHedge
- Crushing The "Oil's Just A Supply Issue" Meme In 1 Painful Chart | ZeroHedge
- Mutual Funds, ETFs at Risk of a Run Warns Stockman | ZeroHedge
- Americans' "Deflationary Mindset" Has Never Been Stronger | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Central Bank Failure Looks Like (Part 4) | ZeroHedge
- Retail Sales Beat Expectations, Control Group Rises Most Since May Delaying "Fed Relent" | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Drop But Goldman Warns "Recent Jobless Increase Is More Than Just Noise" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber agrees to pay $28.5 million to end lawsuit about safety ads | Business Insider
- Incredible drone footage of sheep herders in New Zealand | Business Insider
- An ostrich egg equals around 24 chicken eggs — here's how to fry one | Business Insider
- Here's what to do if your boss asks you out on a date | Business Insider
- Here's how the 'revolutionary' Sony Xperia Z5 camera stands up... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to jump three years forward in headphone... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Church leader hold historic meeting in Cuba | Business Insider