Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Manufacturing World Suddenly Goes Into Reverse: Global August PMI Summary | ZeroHedge
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- A Divided World | ZeroHedge
- British Pound Volatility Surges Most Since 2008 As Scottish Referendum "Yes" Vote Looms | ZeroHedge
- The Market Doesn’t Know How Stupid You Are | iBankCoin.com
- Central Bank Have Set the Stage For a Disaster That Will Make 2008 Look Like a Joke | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- STEPHEN ROACH: The Current Speed Of Global Growth Comes With A Major... | Business Insider
- An Internal Investigation At Credit Suisse Has Raised Allegations That Traders Were... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: Regeneron to $400; Conn's a No-Touch | TheStreet.com
- Russia's Mission To Film Geckos Having Sex In Space Ended Tragically | Business Insider