Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rate Hike Jitters Return In Poor, Tailing 7Y Treasury Auction | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Maps Depict Collapse Of Obamacare "Coverage" In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- With Janet Yellen Just Hours Away, Directionless Markets Wait For A Signal | ZeroHedge
- "Expensive" US Banks Are Global Outlier As 'Yield Curve' Inverts For First Time Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Look Who Is Gutting The First Amendment! | ZeroHedge
- "Bad Cop" Fischer Spoils "Good Cop" Yellen's Party: Stocks Plunge, VIX Spikes | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: "Yellen Remarks Point To Higher Odds Of September Hike", Market Disagrees | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RUSH LIMBAUGH: Who knew Trump would be the one to convert the GOP base to... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton declares war on the hard-right faction of conservative... | Business Insider
- Here’s a simple no-weights workout that could... | Business Insider
- UberEats is eyeing a slice of a billion dollar market... | Business Insider
- A new 'Suicide Squad' image hints at one of the movie's many... | Business Insider
- The alt-right movement was practically giddy that Hillary Clinton... | Business Insider
- THE MOBILE APP-INSTALL AD REPORT: Spending forecasts, performance and price trends, and... | Business Insider