Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Quacking Loudly Today | iBankCoin.com
- China Buys U.S. Debt at Fastest Pace on Record | Financial Sense
- NY Fed Slams Deutsche Bank (And Its €55 Trillion In Derivatives): Accuses It Of "Significant Operational Risk" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Desperate To Put Ukraine In Rearview Mirror But More Russian Sanctions Loom | ZeroHedge
- Summertime Blues for Commodities | iBankCoin.com
- When Twitter Word Order Goes Badly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- DOE, Intel Work to Keep ‘Moore’s Law’ From Expiring | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steve Wynn Knew Back In The 1980s That Atlantic City Was Doomed For... | Business Insider
- Amazon's New Earbuds Won't Get Tangled And They're A Lot Better... | Business Insider
- Wall St. Waits on Apple Earnings, Chipotle Crushes, Cramer's New Buy | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, NFLX, AAPL, MCD, CMG... | Business Insider
- A Prominent Law Professor Was Killed In His Home, And Police... | Business Insider
- THE SNAPCHAT REPORT: The User Numbers, Demographics, And Early Marketing... | Business Insider
- Putin-Backed Rebels Shoot Down Two Ukrainian Fighter Jets | Business Insider