Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Money Creation Threatens Hyperinflation | ZeroHedge
- Just One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Republicans Blast Hillary: "Not Even Nixon Destroyed The Tapes" | ZeroHedge
- Turn Those Machines Back Off!!! | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Part 3 - Moonshine, Scam, & The Delusion Of Democracy | ZeroHedge
- The Latest "Conspiracy Theory" In Iraq: Accusations Emerge That US Is Aiding ISIS | ZeroHedge
- What’s REALLY Going On In Yemen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Brain drain as young Greenlanders leave for Denmark | Business Insider
- Here are the 3 times Trevor Noah, the guy replacing Jon Stewart, appeared on 'The... | Business Insider
- Finding housing in New York City is stressful — here's the strategy I've used | Business Insider
- Ex-HP CEO Carly Fiorina is planning to run for... | Business Insider
- Singapore teen in court over anti-Lee Kuan Yew video | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek