Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- For Greeks The Nightmare Is Just Beginning: Here Come The Depositor Haircuts | ZeroHedge
- My Market Call | iBankCoin.com
- Managing Greek Default Risks | Financial Sense
- European Bank Risk Spikes Most In 5 Years To 19-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Greece Will Open 700 Bank Branches On Thursday - For Limited Pension Withdrawals Only | ZeroHedge
- Greece, Democracy, And Magical Thinking | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Talkin’ Greasy | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- The $28 million NYC penthouse where Joan Rivers filmed her... | Business Insider
- Looming Supreme Court... | Business Insider
- SoundCloud's CEO gave an awkward interview... | Business Insider
- Female serial killers have some shocking characteristics | Business Insider
- Apple Music is missing the boat on the Spotify feature I use the most | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek