Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deteriorating Breadth Warned of Pullback, Now Hinting at Near-Term Bottom | Financial Sense
- Another Cliffhanger | iBankCoin.com
- 3 WTF Charts | ZeroHedge
- Obama Sued: House Authorizes Lawsuit Against President With 225-201 Vote | ZeroHedge
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- Obama's Message To Republicans: "Stop Just Hatin’ All The Time" | ZeroHedge
- G7 Condemns Acts In Ukraine, Threatens To "Intensify The Costs" On Russia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scammers Are Using Sexts To Extort Thousands Of Dollars From Online Dating Users... | Business Insider
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' End-Credits Scene Leaks Online | Business Insider
- Investors Are Descending Into The Five Circles Of Bond Hell (HYG, TLT, TBT, DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- Adidas Shares Crash After Stunning Warning About Russia (ADS, ADDYY) | Business Insider
- US COMPANIES ADD FEWER JOBS THAN EXPECTED (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert Gave A Heartwarming, Geektastic Speech During 'The Hobbit... | Business Insider
- This Is What The Earth Looked Like When It Was Only Half A Billion Years Old | Business Insider