Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Being Unemployed Just "Bad Luck"? (Spoiler Alert: Don't Be Stupid!) | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slide To Worst Day In A Month After Crude Carnage, Kuroda Chaos | ZeroHedge
- Michelle Obama Takes A Shot At "Make America Great Again" | ZeroHedge
- "Central Bankers Are Killing Capitalism" Odey Warns, Moving Politics "Fast To Extremes" | ZeroHedge
- Vancouver Finally Cracks Down On Chinese Home Buyers With 15% Real Estate Tax | ZeroHedge
- Foreign Central Banks Flee From Ugly, Tailing 2Y Treasury Auction, Lowest Bid To Cover Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slide After Japan's "Helicopter Money" Plan Leaks, Underwhelms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE GLOBAL SMARTPHONE REPORT: The forces behind the global deceleration in smartphone... | Business Insider
- 5 tiny off-grid pods that could replace your house | Business Insider
- Trump on DNC chair: ‘Hillary threw her under a bus... | Business Insider
- The 13 craziest Google patents | Business Insider
- This device lets you play a Super Nintendo with almost any wireless controller | Business Insider
- The biggest scientific discoveries in all 50 states | Business Insider
- Here's what went down at the Republican National Convention | Business Insider