Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
- Mainstream Media Has Managed To Politicize A Frivolous Lawsuit (And Used Fake Headlines To Do It) | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Yield Curve and Why the Fed Is Raising Rates | Financial Sense
- Russian Billionaire Deripaska Responds To AP Story On Manafort Ties | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- Valeant: The End Of The Michael Pearson Era | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Propagandist David Brock Suffers Heart Attack | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TERRY CREWS: Here's how my NFL career helped and hurt me | Business Insider
- Inside the stunning new headquarters of a New York design startup that creates... | Business Insider
- Here's how to avoid land mines in fixed income | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Former Obama Homeland Security chief says some of Trump's anti-terrorism efforts may be... | Business Insider
- These are the 3 things every employee should do if they have a... | Business Insider
- Paul Manafort's lobbying past could create major... | Business Insider