Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Did NY Gov. Cuomo Make $783,000 From A Book That Sold Only 3,200 Copies? | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: French Riot Police Clash With Far Left Protesters In Central Paris | ZeroHedge
- Don't Look Now But Bond Yields Are Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Open It" - 9 Mexican States On Alert After Radioactive Material Stolen | ZeroHedge
- Bernie To Introduce $15 Federal Minimum Wage Legislation On Wednesday | ZeroHedge
- Government Shutdown Averted? Trump Punts On Border Wall, Will Wait Until September | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Obama's First Public Speech Since Leaving The White House | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The death penalty probably won't be abolished anytime... | Business Insider
- Amazon is quietly exploring ways to use self-driving vehicles to deliver... | Business Insider
- New pet owners can get everything they need in one place with this ingenious Amazon... | Business Insider
- Apple is catastrophically late to the self-driving car game (AAPL,... | Business Insider
- Sears' turnaround timeline is shrinking — and it could be next in line to declare... | Business Insider
- Trump calls China's Xi to discuss North Korea... | Business Insider
- These internet firsts will remind you how far we've come | Business Insider