Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Problem With Letting Academics Run the Economy | ZeroHedge
- Why Chinese Growth Forecasts Just Crashed To A Paltry 3.9% - And Are Going Even Lower - In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- Big Misses for Retail Sales, NY Manufacturing | Financial Sense
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- "It's Not Abenomics, It's The Weather" Japanese Econ Minister Admits Growth Is Weak | ZeroHedge
- Houston, We Have A "Fracking" Problem | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE DRONES REPORT: Commercial Aerial Drones Are Becoming A... | Business Insider
- European Markets Are Sliding | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- MARKETS RALLY, IBM TANKS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM,... | Business Insider
- An Activist Hedge Fund Manager Thinks This $100 Billion Biotech Company Could Be Worth 80... | Business Insider
- TIM COOK: Here's What We Think Of The iPad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek