Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Proof That Golf And Economics Don't Mix | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
- NATO Jets Surrounding Russia: Before And After | ZeroHedge
- Trend Changes and the Dangers of Crying Wolf | Financial Sense
- Obama's Path To 'Amnesty' (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple Has Nearly A Billion Payment... | Business Insider
- Suicide blast in Afghan sports field kills 50: official | Business Insider
- No One Expected Latin America To Slow Down Like This | Business Insider
- The UK Has More Offshore Wind Turbines... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Ladies And Gentlemen, We Have Finally Learned The Right Way To Say 'Krugman'! | Business Insider
- The 9 Weirdest Thanksgiving Items Being Sold On eBay | Business Insider