Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver, Copper Slammed As Commodities Crumble Into US Open | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Average Nears 40-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Investors Intelligence: Initiation of Strong New Uptrend | Financial Sense
- Fed's Kocherlakota Explains Why He Wants Moar | ZeroHedge
- New American Dream: Rented Housing and Public Transit | Financial Sense
- Who Will Win This Next Pennant? | iBankCoin.com
- Small Caps Surge Green Year-To-Date; VIX Decoupling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Make A Real Zombie | Business Insider
- Afghanistan's Opium Industry Now Employs More People Than Its Military | Business Insider
- CONFIRMED: Yahoo Has Poached Top Amazon Exec Lisa Utzschneider (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The Royals Explain Why They Didn't Go For The Inside-The-Park Home Run In The Bottom Of The... | Business Insider
- Sistine chapel dazzles after technological makeover | Business Insider
- Why LinkedIn's Chris Saccheri Quit His Powerful Job To Be A Stay-At-Home... | Business Insider
- TED CRUZ: Here's The One Thing That Will Guarantee A Hillary Clinton Victory | Business Insider