Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can The Oil Industry Really Handle This Much Debt? | ZeroHedge
- Inside The ISIS Propaganda Machine: An Up-Close Look At A Militant Media Strategy | ZeroHedge
- To JPM, This Is The Alarming Chart Suggesting The Next Recession "Is Just Around The Corner" | ZeroHedge
- US Equities: Bye-Bye Buybacks | Financial Sense
- Paris, Sharm el-Sheikh, and the Resurrection of Old Europe | Financial Sense
- NAR Admits Oil Slump Finally Hits Housing Sales | ZeroHedge
- Two Reasons The 'War On Terror' Will Always Fail | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Police: Bus overturns, 1 serious injury, 34 minor injuries... | Business Insider
- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's heavyweight reign | Business Insider
- Q&A: What's known about Planned Parenthood... | Business Insider
- BlackBerry is leaving Pakistan for 'security reasons' (BBRY)... | Business Insider
- No. 19 Mississippi beats No. 23 Miss. St 38-27 in Egg Bowl... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- ICYMI in NFL's Week 12: Gronk injured; Pats lose to... | Business Insider