Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Argentina Stuns Bondholders With Scorched-Earth "Cramdown" Plan | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson Tonight: Thunder Storms, Peaceful Protests, "Go Kill ISIS And Leave Us Alone" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain Why We're Gonna Need Moar Airstrikes In Iraq - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- News: Gold Takes a Momentary Hit; Soros Bets on Stock Crash; Ukraine Destroys Armored Russian Convoy | Financial Sense
- Ferguson Cop Points Gun At Protesters And Press, Screams "I Will F***ing Kill You", Has Been "Relocated" | ZeroHedge
- Another Police Shooting In St. Louis, Just 3 Miles From Ferguson: "Suspect Dead At The Scene" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The States Where Students Scored The Highest On AP Exams | Business Insider
- Architects Designed A Portable Tiny Home From Two Recycled Water... | Business Insider
- These Charts Show How The World Feels About 8 Moral Issues | Business Insider
- New 'Homeland' Trailer Hints At Series' Return To Glory Days | Business Insider
- Meet The Baby Boomer Who Moved All Of Her Investments To A Robo-Advisor | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Oil Prices Are Having A Brutal Summer | Business Insider