Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
- Goldman Managing Director Found Dead In Apparent Kite Surfing Accident | ZeroHedge
- This is Some Real BS | iBankCoin.com
- Getting a Handle on Oil | iBankCoin.com
- Key Piece of Video “Evidence” for Russian Responsibility for Malaysian Plane Shootdown Debunked | ZeroHedge
- Three Charts Of The Week: Money Printing Is Not Bringing Prosperity To Main Street | ZeroHedge
- They Call Them Junk Bonds For A Reason... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This App Teaches You How To Play Almost Any Song You Can Find Online And It's Awesome | Business Insider
- Beacons Will Help Retail Chains Combat... | Business Insider
- Three Reasons Chipotle's Business Is On Fire | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Texas Rangers Pitcher Flips Out At An Opponent For Violating Baseball's Dumbest... | Business Insider
- Joe Biden Once Looked Into Putin's Eyes And Said, 'I Don't Think You Have A Soul... | Business Insider
- NYPD Officer Stripped Of Gun And Badge... | Business Insider