Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "They Want You Purged" - NRA Head Rages Against Violent Left "Terrorists" | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- Global LEIs and Technicals Point Up | Financial Sense
- ” Climate Change ” / Everyone is on One Side of the Boat | ZeroHedge
- Frexit Fears Mount As European 'VIX' Spike Signals No 'Pre-Brexit Complacency' | ZeroHedge
- EU Lawmakers Urge "Federal Union" For European States... Or Else | ZeroHedge
- Kim Murder Suspect Says She Was Paid $90 To Rub VX Toxin On His Face | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump announces he won't attend this year's White House Correspondents... | Business Insider
- Jordan Peele's horror 'Get Out' wins the weekend box office with a $30.5... | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- Skater brand Vans wants to go mainstream (VFC) | Business Insider
- A German hostage being held for ransom was beheaded by Islamic... | Business Insider
- 'The enemy is broken': Iraqi forces have lodged a crucial victory in... | Business Insider
- Malaysia declares... | Business Insider