Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Artificial Steepening Of The Yield Curve | ZeroHedge
- Following A 1-Week 17% Client-Muppeting, Goldman Removes Sandisk From Conviction Buy List | ZeroHedge
- AND THEN THERE WERE ZERO BIOTECH TRADERS LEFT | iBankCoin.com
- CSX Cuts Outlook Despite CEO Saying "Expects No Impact From Low Oil Prices" | ZeroHedge
- Fischer: Fed Going From “Ultra Expansionary” to “Extremely Expansionary” | Financial Sense
- "Belief That European QE Will Work Is Far-Fetched," Bill White Warns This Will "End Very Badly" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Learn how to build robots, remote-controlled cars, and more with the Arduino... | Business Insider
- 'The Wire' actor who played Clay Davis has a real-life bobblehead, and it... | Business Insider
- Vin Diesel thinks 'Furious 7' should win best picture at next year's Oscars... | Business Insider
- Here is Charles Schwab's commercial for a robo advisor you just need to trust because... | Business Insider
- Pilot locked out of cockpit before Germanwings crash:... | Business Insider
- There's only one 'bubble' in this chart — but the current boom will turn to... | Business Insider
- THE APP-STORE MARKETING REPORT: User Acquisition, Retention, And Strategies For... | Business Insider