Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
- Hilsenrath Warns: Fed's "Vote Of Confidence In US Economy" Means Mid-2015 Rate Hike Possibility | ZeroHedge
- THe ReTuRN OF ALaN GReeDSPaM... | ZeroHedge
- Fireworks Fly As Peter Schiff Warns "An Economy That Lives By QE, Dies By QE" | ZeroHedge
- Rosneft "Radical" Sanctions Retaliation Proposal Sends Russian Bonds, Currency Plunging | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Get Ready for Shift in Fed Policy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Source: Microsoft Employees Are 'Worn Out' Over So Much Change (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- 5 Photos From The Beijing Fashion Show That Make Surviving Smog Sexy | Business Insider
- Not Even Mike Tyson Himself Can Beat 'Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!'... | Business Insider
- The Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin... | Business Insider
- You'll Be Able To Buy Samsung's New Curved Smartwatch Starting Next Week | Business Insider