Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Consolidates as Oil Slide Continues | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The Biggest Economic Story Going Into 2015 Is Not Oil | ZeroHedge
- RERAX, I AM A DOCTOR | iBankCoin.com
- Over $1 Trillion And Counting | iBankCoin.com
- Morning Look | iBankCoin.com
- China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Restaurant Chains Millennials Love | Business Insider
- Here's How Much Oil The World's Biggest Oil Players Are Sitting On | Business Insider
- 23 Geek-Worthy Science Gifts | Business Insider
- George Clooney Tried To Get Hollywood... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Pakistan court grants bail to alleged Mumbai... | Business Insider
- Sony hack a 'serious national security matter':... | Business Insider