Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q4 Earnings Shaping Up Weakly | Financial Sense
- Greece At The Crossroads: The Oligarchs Blew It | ZeroHedge
- Oversold With A 5 Day Holding Period | iBankCoin.com
- President Obama's 'Middle Class Economics' Policy Simplified | ZeroHedge
- Will Draghi’s QE work? | Financial Sense
- The Most Ridiculous Charts From Facebook's Quarterly Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Exploring the Clash Within Civilizations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung's Q4 Profit... | Business Insider
- World's largest Ebola unit dismantled as outbreak... | Business Insider
- Apple's Earnings by the Numbers: A Look at the Record-Breaking Result | TheStreet.com
- The History Of North American Rule In One Amazing GIF | Business Insider
- German jobless rate drops to lowest since fall of... | Business Insider
- 11 TED Talks To Get You Through Your Quarter-Life Crisis | Business Insider
- DELAYED: Hillary Clinton Keeps Pushing Back Her Plan... | Business Insider