Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Video Analysis 09/20/14 | iBankCoin.com
- This is Why Socialism Doesn't Work | ZeroHedge
- Companies' Stock Buybacks at Biggest Pace Since 2007 | Financial Sense
- Military Plant In East Ukraine Devastated By Massive Explosion; Kiev Accuses Russia Of Using Tactial Nuke | ZeroHedge
- Better Days Ahead | Financial Sense
- Fear And Loathing In Scotland – Why The "NO"s Won & Lessons Learned From The Vote | ZeroHedge
- The Inconvenient Truths Of Dictators | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Market Wrap: CEO... | StreetInsider.com
- Jesse Livermore's 21 Trading Rules (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Dirty Hit On Nick Foles Leads To Ugly Brawl Between Eagles And Redskins... | Business Insider
- Tech Billionaire Marc Benioff Donates Generously To Politicians And This Is... | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle's CEO: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Alibaba Starts Trading at $92.70, Cramer Warns Against Buying High | TheStreet.com
- New Nude Photos Of Jennifer Lawrence Appear On Reddit After Another Round Of... | Business Insider