Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Commodities Talking to Us? | Financial Sense
- Pentagon Slams Israel's "Unacceptable" Shelling Of UN Shelters As "Totally Indefensible" | ZeroHedge
- Moscow Stock Exchange Breaks - Trading Halted | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Posing in Front of Bears Today | iBankCoin.com
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
- Profile Of A Sanctioned Russian Billionaire: Putin's Judo Coach | ZeroHedge
- 21 Ways To End The Phrase "Americans Are So Broke..." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A New Effort In Congress Offers A Glimmer Of Hope For Afghan Interpreters Fearing... | Business Insider
- Alaska Air Counters Delta Assault With Secret Weapon: Unified Employees | TheStreet.com
- The 'Highway Cliff' Is Back, And It's Rearing Its Ugly Head Just... | Business Insider
- 7 Reasons Why Life Is Better In Switzerland Than America | Business Insider
- Microsoft Just Nabbed A Mobile Industry Guru For Its Board Of Directors (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Here's What It's Like To Be One Of Google's Most Elite New... | Business Insider
- 7 Timeless Lessons From Bill Gates' Favorite Business Book... | Business Insider