Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Hedge Fund Fee Structures Reveal Traditional Model On Verge Of Collapse | ZeroHedge
- "Much Worse Than Watergate", Former CIA Officer Admits Trump 'Wiretapping' Likely True | ZeroHedge
- OPEC, Non-OPEC Oil Producers Recommend Extending Production Cuts By Six Months | ZeroHedge
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- Bill Maher Shuts Down Conspiracy Theorist Louise Mensch And MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Over Islam – Twice! | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Trump Rally Turns Violent After Provocations From 'Counter-Protesters' | ZeroHedge
- These Democrats Seem To Really Want A War With Russia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A sommelier explains how to pick a great rosé | Business Insider
- Here's how much money Wall Street banks have made advising on deals so far... | Business Insider
- TV ads thanking Republicans for repealing Obamacare aired hours after the bill was... | Business Insider
- Here's why the ECB probably won't raise rates... | Business Insider
- The Final Four teams and game times are now set | Business Insider
- 'You will never prevail' — BBC broadcaster delivers stirring message... | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: These 7 brand-name companies could be takeover... | Business Insider