Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Merkel Rules Out Bailout For Deutsche Bank: Depositor Bail-In Coming Up? | ZeroHedge
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
- Russia-US Cyber Tensions Show the True Threat of Cyberwar | Financial Sense
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- 2016 Debate Preparation Begins | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: America Is Not The Greatest Country On Earth... It's 28th! | ZeroHedge
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- A grade-school philosophy teacher shares the most profound things kids have ever said | Business Insider
- The US Air Force wants to roll out a cheaper attack aircraft to fly alongside the A-10 | Business Insider
- Clinton campaign responds to reports that... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- 21 incredible restaurants everyone should eat at in France | Business Insider