Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE LOTTERY GAMES ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN | iBankCoin.com
- Europe's Fantastic Bond Bubble: How Central Banks Have Unleashed Mindless Speculation | ZeroHedge
- The Status Quo Persists | iBankCoin.com
- Out Of The Office | iBankCoin.com
- The Great Deformation | ZeroHedge
- The Market Doesn’t Know How Stupid You Are | iBankCoin.com
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Shadow Banking | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SADC regional bloc to send observers to Lesotho after... | Business Insider
- Your Gym Is Ripping You Off — Here's How To Get A Cheaper Membership | Business Insider
- Dollar General Offers Major Antitrust Concessions as It Lifts Bid for Family Dollar | TheStreet.com
- All The Ways Your Kids Can Now Customize Their Toys | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 Cities Most At Risk Of Being Hit By Natural Disasters | Business Insider
- CHART: This Is How People Use Mobile Payments | Business Insider