Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe & China Start Direct Trading In Euros & Yuan As De-Dollarization Expands | ZeroHedge
- Why a Peak in the Bond Market May Be Near | Financial Sense
- Russia Activates Air Defense Missile System "To Guard Its Southern Frontiers" | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Began Building A New Position – VOC | iBankCoin.com
- No, America Isn't Communist; It's Only 70% Communist | ZeroHedge
- Why Is China Hoarding Gold? Alan Greenspan Explains | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CVS Health Kicks the Tobacco Habit and Will Outperform Walgreen | TheStreet.com
- 35,000 Walruses Are All Crowded Together In One Spot — And It Signals Something... | Business Insider
- Clovis Shares Higher on Improved Outlook for Lung Cancer Drug | TheStreet.com
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Hong Kong Protesters Threaten To Occupy Government Buildings... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: These CEOs Are The Most Beloved Bosses... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com