Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe PaTH To McJiHaD... | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Transformation To Socialist Utopia Is Nearly Complete As Its Factories Grind To A Halt | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 24 | ZeroHedge
- Mike Bloomberg: "Israel Is Safe And It's A Great Place To Visit" As FAA Extends Flight Restrictions | ZeroHedge
- Krugman’s Latest Debt Denial: Why His Two Magic Numbers Don’t Cut It | ZeroHedge
- Congress Brings Socialism To America With This Proposed Law | ZeroHedge
- The IMF's Comedy Of Quarterly Errors Reveals The Biggest Hockeystick You Have Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Caterpillar Beats Earnings Expectations, Announces A Big Buyback (CAT) | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple’s R&D Spending... | Business Insider
- Satya Nadella Just Made The Single Best (And Most Obvious) Decision For Microsoft... | Business Insider
- Google's Vint Cerf: The US Will No Longer Be The Internet's... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- What to Expect When Facebook Reports Second-Quarter Earnings Today | TheStreet.com
- Hedge Funds Hate These 5 Stocks -- Should You? | TheStreet.com