Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Derivatives Market: Bets, Bookies, and Fraud | ZeroHedge
- US Claims Malfunctioning Russian Cruise Missiles Hit Iran; Moscow, Tehran Both Deny | ZeroHedge
- Do You See What Happens, Alcoa, When Your "Restructuring" Non-GAAP Addbacks Tumble | ZeroHedge
- "I Would Say Don't Worry" Says Chinese Central Banker As Indian Central Banker Says "World Economy Is Looking Grim" | ZeroHedge
- Stock-Buying-Frenzy Continues Amid Longest VIX "Losing" Streak Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- St. Louis Prepares For "Catastrophic Event" As Underground Fire Nears Nuclear Waste Cache | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Slammed Off Technical Levels | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Louisiana due to... | Business Insider
- You're going to start seeing more pre-roll video ads on Twitter (... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Another Israeli stabbed in Jerusalem | Business Insider
- AP Source: Klopp headed to Liverpool to become manager | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- AB InBev makes merger appeal to SABMiller shareholders | Business Insider
- New Jersey agency: Nurse giving flu shots reused syringes... | Business Insider