Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Tumbles As Market Questions Whether An OPEC Production Freeze Is Even Remotely Possible? | ZeroHedge
- Do Newly Built Skyscrapers Signal The Top Of The Stock Market? | ZeroHedge
- China Bans Low Income 'Terrorists' From Guangzhou; Those Willing To Buy Fancy Hotels Still Welcome | ZeroHedge
- "Racist, Untrained, Murdering" San Francisco Cops Slam Kaepernick, Demand Apology | ZeroHedge
- US Slams Turkish Bombing Of American Coalition Partners As "Unacceptable And A Source Of Deep Concern" | ZeroHedge
- Gold - What Happens Next? | ZeroHedge
- Hershey Plunges After Mondelez Pulls Offer To Buy Company | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suicidal Germanwings pilot had struggled in US flight... | Business Insider
- We interviewed a Peshmerga soldier fighting ISIS on the frontlines — here's what... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's Bing got in trouble after it translated the Arabic word for 'ISIS... | Business Insider
- The world was extremely close to eradicating this human disease — here’s why it is making a comeback | Business Insider
- The first offshore tidal turbines in the world have been... | Business Insider
- Louisiana's worst natural disaster since Hurricane... | Business Insider
- Controversial Phoenix sheriff enters primary amid his toughest campaign yet... | Business Insider