Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Suicide Bomber Detonates In Saudi Mosque, ISIS Suspected | ZeroHedge
- Dear FBI: Here Is Today's Market Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- Apple Watch: Epic Dud? | ZeroHedge
- ABC's of the AIIB | Financial Sense
- A Vision of Monetary Hell Troubles Our Sleep... | ZeroHedge
- 572 Reasons Why The Fed Is Terrified To Hike: "One Rate Cut Every Three Trading Days" | ZeroHedge
- Time to Sell Junk Bonds? Maybe Not | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A decade ago, she joined the National Guard. Today, she's... | Business Insider
- Nadal and Djokovic face French Open last-eight duel | Business Insider
- There's one problem with Jeb Bush's criticism... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The best Instagram accounts to follow if you're obsessed with luxury... | Business Insider
- Portuguese legend Luís Figo torches FIFA in Facebook post on why he quit the... | Business Insider
- Formula 1 driver signs $155 million contract that will make him one of the... | Business Insider