Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Get Ready for Shift in Fed Policy | Financial Sense
- The Wrath of Draghi: First German Bank Hits Savers with Negative Interest Rate | ZeroHedge
- Sudden Bout Of Risk-Offness Sends European Shares Sharply Lower, US Futures Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- Meet “OSHbot” Lowes New Store Helper; Goodbye Retail Associates, Hello Robots | Financial Sense
- U.S. Regulators Easing Mortgage Credit Requirements | Financial Sense
- Stocks Decouple From Bonds, Ramp To Pre-FOMC Levels | ZeroHedge
- Let me get this straight… | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Comes Europe's Unemployment and Inflation... | Business Insider
- The Bizarre Reason The NFL Has Gotten So Lucky With Peyton Manning Vs. Tom Brady... | Business Insider
- Samsung's Strange, Curvy New Galaxy Phone May Be Coming To The US Next Month... | Business Insider
- This One Feature Might Be The Best Reason To Use BlackBerry's Messaging App (BBRY) | Business Insider
- How To Make Your iPhone Spooky For Halloween (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Mourinho confirms Costa will face QPR | Business Insider
- 4 Dead After Plane Crashes Into Kansas... | Business Insider