Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Posing in Front of Bears Today | iBankCoin.com
- All Major US Equity Indices Are Now Down Since MH17 Crashed | ZeroHedge
- Lifting the Gassy Stench | iBankCoin.com
- More Sellers Than Buyers | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Suffer Worst Losing Streak Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Oilfield Services: Poised to Outperform? | Financial Sense
- Will Crashing Commodities Crash the Stock Market? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'KILL' SPEED: How Andrew Cuomo's 'Need'... | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About Tesla's Gigafactory | Business Insider
- House Republicans Spurn Obama With Border Bills Doomed To Fail | Business Insider
- 'SPEAKER CRUZ IS IN THE HOUSE' — Republicans... | Business Insider
- A Joke German Political Party Has Won 2... | Business Insider
- Watch Most Of The World's Airlines Avoid North Korean Airspace... | Business Insider
- MongoDB Has Poached One Of Oracle's Top Engineers (ORCL) | Business Insider