Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Dollar Bulls Regain Upper Hand | ZeroHedge
- White House Confirms Sony Hack Is "National Security" Matter, Merits "Approporiate Response" | ZeroHedge
- Valuation Estimate of SP500 2015 Returns: 2,246 Target | Financial Sense
- Frenzied Chinese Stock Buyers Soak Up So Much Liquidity, Central Bank Forced To Intervene, Prevent Seizure | ZeroHedge
- The Annotated History Of Russian Crises Since 1860 | ZeroHedge
- Cheap Oil: Too Much Of A Good Thing? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HP Stream 13 Notebook Review: A Super-Affordable Windows Laptop | TheStreet.com
- One Important Reason Nike Continues to Dunk the Competition | TheStreet.com
- Pakistan slammed for resuming executions after... | Business Insider
- How NASA ‘Emailed’ A Wrench Into Space | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Amazon's Biggest Vulnerability Right Now (AMZN) | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek