Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trading Treasuries In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Angelo Mozilo Responds To Charges:: “No, No, No, We Didn’t Do Anything Wrong” | ZeroHedge
- Back To The Future | ZeroHedge
- "One Of The Defining Investment Moments Of The Next Few Years" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Special Purpose Tentacle Revealed In Europe's Latest Bank Failure | ZeroHedge
- British Pound Volatility Surges Most Since 2008 As Scottish Referendum "Yes" Vote Looms | ZeroHedge
- The Market Doesn’t Know How Stupid You Are | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Construction Spending Rebounds Sharply | Business Insider
- CEO Resigns After Being Caught On Video Kicking A Dog | Business Insider
- Arsenal boss Wenger jumps to mis-firing Sanogo's... | Business Insider
- The Bad News Out Of Europe Is Intensifying (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- THE CARRIER BILLING REPORT: Recent... | Business Insider