Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LiVe LoNG AND PRoSPeR... | ZeroHedge
- I AM EVACUATING MOSCOW | iBankCoin.com
- NASDAQ Closes Above 5000 | iBankCoin.com
- Gold and Debt: Astonishing Comparisons | ZeroHedge
- Financial Bloggers Are Bullish. Does It Matter? | Financial Sense
- VIX Broke A Major Record Last Week | ZeroHedge
- "The Repressed" Guide To Homeland Security's Threat Index | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Astronaut gives a heart-warming send off to Star Trek actor Leonard Nimoy | Business Insider
- Bayern target top gear, Dresden braced for potent clash | Business Insider
- Estonia's coalition takes early lead in election count | Business Insider
- Apple once disguised the Apple Watch as a Samsung smartwatch to keep it a secret (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Europe's ageing population means negative interest rates... | Business Insider
- Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov... | Business Insider