Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Best Insurance Policy Ever Written.........Bar None (pardon the pun) | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Chinese Buyers Have Left The U.S. Housing Market | ZeroHedge
- December 16th: A Date Which Will Live On In Monetary Infamy | ZeroHedge
- Half A Million Square Kilometers Of Heavy Smog Force Beijing To Issue "Orange Alert", Close Factories | ZeroHedge
- 14,000 Refugees Due For Deportation From Sweden Have Vanished: "We Simply Do Not Know Where They Are" | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
- ISIS Oil Trade Full Frontal: "Raqqa's Rockefellers", Bilal Erdogan, KRG Crude, And The Israel Connection | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Nigerian security agencies searching for kidnapped Poles | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Assad says enemies boosting his opponents | Business Insider
- Turkey says pilot's body to be flown back to Russia | Business Insider
- Murray one win away from ending Britain's 79-... | Business Insider