Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GUESS WHAT, PAL? | iBankCoin.com
- The Founding Fathers Fought the Revolutionary War to Stop the Type of Militarized Police We Now Have In the U.S. | ZeroHedge
- Russian Convoy Crosses Border, Enters Ukraine Customs | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Stuns Bondholders With Scorched-Earth "Cramdown" Plan | ZeroHedge
- China Bond Default Risk Reignites, Despite "Never Anticipating Any Risks" | ZeroHedge
- Despite Collapsing Economy, Japanese PMI Surges To 5-Month High; China PMI Tumbles, Misses By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steve Ballmer Will Teach At Stanford In The Fall, USC... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Hamas Attacks Tel Aviv As Ceasefire Hopes Fade | Business Insider
- Lance Armstrong Still... | Business Insider
- $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Will Settle Nothing | TheStreet.com
- The Cities Where The Most Billionaires Were Born | Business Insider
- Market... | StreetInsider.com