Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet Andorra: Europe's Next Failed State | ZeroHedge
- Frenzied Speculative Activity in China's Equity Markets | Financial Sense
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
- Mainstream Economists' Random Excuse Roulette | ZeroHedge
- Big Brother Is Here: Facebook Reveals Its Master Plan - Control All News Flow | ZeroHedge
- The Unintended Consequences Of 'Mandatory Voting' | ZeroHedge
- Fischer: Fed Going From “Ultra Expansionary” to “Extremely Expansionary” | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Police fatally shot a man dressed as a woman at NSA headquarters after... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Jay Z is relaunching his new streaming site with support from... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Samsung's new phone looks a lot like the iPhone 6 | Business Insider
- Total sells Nigerian oil field stake for $569 mn | Business Insider