Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany "Other" Bank: Commerzbank To Fire 9,000, 18% Of Its Entire Workforce | ZeroHedge
- "America Is On Our Side": Al-Nusra Commander Tells German Press US Is Arming Jihadists | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary Rally" Fizzles As DB Hits New Record Low; Volkswagen Slammed; Oil Slides On Iran Statement | ZeroHedge
- "It All Has A Very 2008 Feel To It" - For Deutsche Bank, The News Just Keeps Getting Worse | ZeroHedge
- Debate Post-Mortem: Rematch Required As Commentators Split On Debate Winner, Markets Give Hillary Nod | ZeroHedge
- Trump Takes The Lead In Latest Bloomberg Poll As All Eyes Turn To Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's 25 best restaurants for tasting menus | Business Insider
- Why 20-somethings are miserable | Business Insider
- The Los Angeles Police Department is actively investigating Derrick Rose over sexual-... | Business Insider
- 18 things no one tells you about being on 'American Ninja Warrior' | Business Insider
- The glasses that keep computer screens from destroying... | Business Insider
- 10 lunches you can pack in less than 5 minutes | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider