Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Speech Bounce: Trump "Nearly Even" With Clinton In Latest Reuters Poll | ZeroHedge
- Baton Rouge Rapper Slams Hypocrisy Of 'Black Lives Matter', Don't Care When "We Kill Each Other!" | ZeroHedge
- The 9-Point Guide To Deciphering Political Propaganda | ZeroHedge
- What One Million Recently Fired Chinese Coal And Steel Workers Are Doing Now | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Pound Plummets On Renewed Recession Fears As PMI Shows Fastest Contraction Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 22 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 16 easy ways to make a great first impression on your new boss | Business Insider
- UK police: Nearly 6,200 hate crimes reported in the month... | Business Insider
- Obama issues point-by-point rebuttal to Trump's RNC speech | Business Insider
- English FA names Sam Allardyce as new manager of the English National... | Business Insider
- A street food stall in Singapore was just awarded a Michelin... | Business Insider
- Here’s the moment a protester interrupted... | Business Insider
- 7 one-minute psychological tricks that will make you more successful | Business Insider