Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Institutional Fish: "It's All Just A Pretend Game" | ZeroHedge
- Forget "Lower For Longer", The Fed's New Message Is "Sooner But Slower" | ZeroHedge
- Taking A Spin | iBankCoin.com
- The World Series Of Real Estate | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Stealth Bear Market – A Transition or a Top? | Financial Sense
- Spanish Tenants Wake Up To The Horror Of A Wall Street Landlord | ZeroHedge
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Everything We Know About NYC's 1st Ebola Patient | Business Insider
- Use These Tips To Be Happier At Work | Business Insider
- How One Woman Built A Multimillion-Dollar Cupcake Business With Just $33... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Movies Of The Past That Correctly Predicted The Technology We Have Today | Business Insider
- 15 Must-Have Apps For Your New iPad (APPL) | Business Insider
- Albania to appeal UEFA punishment over Serbia fracas | Business Insider