Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As 1000s Mourn At Nemtsov's Funeral, Seven Main Conspiracy Theories Emerge | ZeroHedge
- The Circus Is In Town | ZeroHedge
- 0% Down, 100% Chance of Trouble | ZeroHedge
- China Blasts Obama's "Paranoid, Narrow-Minded, Arrogant, & Hypocritical" Foreign Policy | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Inch Higher As Draghi Dreams Trump Dismal Data | ZeroHedge
- Jim Puplava on U.S. Recession, Fed Rate Hikes, and Short-Term Correction | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: DashCam Footage Captures Nemtsov Murder Scene | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jeb Bush has a strange request for his donors | Business Insider
- At least 10 dead after migrant boat sinks off Italy | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today | Business Insider
- REPORT: Harrison Ford's plane crashed in the... | Business Insider
- Google has added a bunch of smartphone security features to Google Apps that... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- An explanation of everything in the new 'Avengers' trailer | Business Insider