Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump As Lightning Rod (Not Just For Disaffected Progressives, But For Panicked Insiders) | ZeroHedge
- Secular Stagnation Theory: Challenge to DeLong, Summers, Bernanke, Krugman, Keen, Pettis, Edwards | Financial Sense
- TSA Finds Record Number Of Guns In Carry-On Bags In 2016 - Up Over 250% Since Obama Elected | ZeroHedge
- Liberal Logic - We are the Frog | ZeroHedge
- Davos Elite Eat $40 Hot Dogs While "Struggling For Answers", Cowering in "Silent Fear" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar | Financial Sense
- In Scathing Attack, CIA Director Brennan Warns Trump To "Watch What He Says" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The CEO of a $3.9 trillion fund giant has a message for... | Business Insider
- Cadillac expects to see double-digit growth in... | Business Insider
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- Sulfuric acid clouds on Venus hide a 'bizarre' anomaly that spans the entire... | Business Insider
- A Stanford lecturer explains... | Business Insider
- In 2 months, the Dutch vote will set off Europe's 'super... | Business Insider
- Obama: Here's what surprised me most about being president | Business Insider