Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Let’s See if it Has Legs | iBankCoin.com
- Strong Dollar Undermines Precious Metals | Financial Sense
- Obama To Send 3,000 Ebola-Fighting Boots-On-The-Ground To Africa; CDC Warns America "Now Is The Time To Prepare" | ZeroHedge
- Is This China's Scariest Chart? | ZeroHedge
- Ideas from the Move in Bonds | iBankCoin.com
- PaLiN FaMiLY BRaWL... | ZeroHedge
- The Ebola Epidemic Silver-Lining: IMF Bailouts For Everyone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boeing And SpaceX Win Huge NASA Contract | Business Insider
- Tim Cook Basically Just Said He Was 'Offended' By... | Business Insider
- Chelsea frustrated as Huntelaar earns a point | Business Insider
- These Hidden iOS 8 Tricks Will Make Your iPhone Feel New Again (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Apple Is Down This Morning After A Report Says The iPhone 6 Won't Be In... | Business Insider
- The 20 Best Business Schools For Networking | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek