Yelp Inc up 22% since May 15th
Yelp is putting the "!" back where it counts. Yelp! or Yelp Inc. (YELP) shares are up 22% since in less than 2 weeks. Just when web 2.0 heavily shorted stocks were the death of investors portfolios, Yelp is making a come back.
The chart clearly shows that Yelp is on the up and up. It appears to be a short squeeze that is working for traders now going long.
This San Francisco-based company saw its short interest surge more than 31 percent in the first weeks of May to more than 9.27 million shares, which represents more than 15 percent of the float. The number of shares sold short has been rising since mid-March. The days to cover remained about one
The 22% increase is a wake-up call to the short sellers. The stock continues to rally today up 5%.
Bottom line: Yelp appears to be on the mend but it still remains a volatile trade. If enough short interest exits the stock will continue to climb.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- First Swiss Gold Poll Shows Pro-Gold Side In Lead At 45% | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- The Problem With Letting Academics Run the Economy | ZeroHedge
- Staring Into the Big Blue Abyss | iBankCoin.com
- A Quality Gem | iBankCoin.com
- SEE ME | iBankCoin.com
- A Robotic Rally | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- How Marvel Prevents Video Footage From Leaking... | Business Insider
- SAT Tutor Who Charges $1,000 An Hour: Here Are 6 Tips To Master The SAT | Business Insider
- Here Are The 4 Key Strategies We Need To Stop Ebola | Business Insider
- President Obama Said He Has A Pile Of 'Unpaid Bills' On His Desk... | Business Insider
- Facebook Billionaire Sean Parker Is Building An... | Business Insider
- FIFA inspectors back Russia's World Cup work | Business Insider