World Cup grinds Work to a Hault
That's what South America is doing. Too bad it's not the same back here in the States. However you can bet your soccer balls productivity across the U.S.A. will be slim come Thursday's match at 9 AM.
It's going to be very tough match vs. Germany.
Here's how it works: only two teams out of each group can advance to the next round, and FIFA decides who gets to stay in based on a points system. Victories are worth three points, losses none, and a tie gives one point to each side.
In Group G — the Group of Death — the U.S. and Germany are in the two top slots with four points, both teams having scored one triumphant victory and one frustrating tie. Ghana and Portugal, meanwhile, each have one point.
So how does the U.S. advance now? Well, the surest way would be for the team to beat Germany when the two teams meet on June 26. But don't hold your breath — Germany is ranked as the second-best team in the world, as evidenced last week when they crushed Portugal 4-0.
So Team U.S.A. might have to settle for four points at the end of group play. That might still be enough to advance, but it all depends on what happens in the group's final match — Portugal vs. Ghana.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Opposes "Threatening And Damaging" US Carrier Patrols In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- Gold To Rise - Real Chinese Gold Demand Higher Than "Official" Demand | ZeroHedge
- UBS Calls It: "The Global Credit Impulse Suddenly Collapsed To Negative" | ZeroHedge
- 2017: Euphoria...Then Panic | Financial Sense
- Gallup Finds Americans' Hostility To Russia Soared After Obama's 2012 Re-Election | ZeroHedge
- CT Intends to Confiscate Your Pension Wealth | ZeroHedge
- The New Wave Of Violent Protests Is Exactly What The Elite Want - Here's Why | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 6th US president rose before dawn for his favorite morning habit: skinny-... | Business Insider
- Qualcomm is releasing new Wi-Fi chips for the IoT (QCOM) | Business Insider
- The rapid slowdown in China's housing market, in one chart... | Business Insider
- Public policy expert: Trump's claim that drugs are... | Business Insider
- Facebook dynasty emerges in the post-app era (FB) | Business Insider
- Existing-home sales jump to a 10-year high | Business Insider
- This $35 million NYC penthouse is located inside a clock tower | Business Insider