World Cup grinds Work to a Hault
That's what South America is doing. Too bad it's not the same back here in the States. However you can bet your soccer balls productivity across the U.S.A. will be slim come Thursday's match at 9 AM.
It's going to be very tough match vs. Germany.
Here's how it works: only two teams out of each group can advance to the next round, and FIFA decides who gets to stay in based on a points system. Victories are worth three points, losses none, and a tie gives one point to each side.
In Group G — the Group of Death — the U.S. and Germany are in the two top slots with four points, both teams having scored one triumphant victory and one frustrating tie. Ghana and Portugal, meanwhile, each have one point.
So how does the U.S. advance now? Well, the surest way would be for the team to beat Germany when the two teams meet on June 26. But don't hold your breath — Germany is ranked as the second-best team in the world, as evidenced last week when they crushed Portugal 4-0.
So Team U.S.A. might have to settle for four points at the end of group play. That might still be enough to advance, but it all depends on what happens in the group's final match — Portugal vs. Ghana.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
- London Attacker Is Khalid Masood, 52-Year-Old Brit With Prior Criminal Convictions | ZeroHedge
- 100 Years Ago, Russian Stocks Had A Very Bad Day | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists just turned on the world's largest 'artificial sun' | Business Insider
- The new 'Mass Effect' game is finally here — here's what you should know before... | Business Insider
- Disney made a lot of changes in its new 'Beauty and the Beast' — here are 9 of the biggest... | Business Insider
- Here are the biggest brands that have pulled their advertising from YouTube over... | Business Insider
- Tillerson: 'Only a matter of time before' ISIS... | Business Insider
- Trevor Noah calls out the 'hypocrisy' of suspending Tomi Lahren for being... | Business Insider
- Trump's Supreme Court nominee is largely unscathed... | Business Insider