World Cup grinds Work to a Hault
That's what South America is doing. Too bad it's not the same back here in the States. However you can bet your soccer balls productivity across the U.S.A. will be slim come Thursday's match at 9 AM.
It's going to be very tough match vs. Germany.
Here's how it works: only two teams out of each group can advance to the next round, and FIFA decides who gets to stay in based on a points system. Victories are worth three points, losses none, and a tie gives one point to each side.
In Group G — the Group of Death — the U.S. and Germany are in the two top slots with four points, both teams having scored one triumphant victory and one frustrating tie. Ghana and Portugal, meanwhile, each have one point.
So how does the U.S. advance now? Well, the surest way would be for the team to beat Germany when the two teams meet on June 26. But don't hold your breath — Germany is ranked as the second-best team in the world, as evidenced last week when they crushed Portugal 4-0.
So Team U.S.A. might have to settle for four points at the end of group play. That might still be enough to advance, but it all depends on what happens in the group's final match — Portugal vs. Ghana.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "They're Out Of Their Minds" Gorbachev Slams US 'Triumphalism' For "Turning Cold War 'Hot'" | ZeroHedge
- Larry Summers Warns on Fed Rate Hikes | Financial Sense
- Oil Hasn't Been This 'Cheap' Since 1988 | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Largest Insurance Company Explains Why The ECB's QE Has Already Failed Using "Widget Makers" | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Now Advises Democrats What The Fed's Monetary Policy Plans Are | ZeroHedge
- Greece Slams EU Bailout-ers: "We Don't Want The $7 Billion, We Want To Rethink The Whole Program" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: January 30 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is Why Google Doesn't Hire People As Fast As It Could (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The case against alleged Silk Road kingpin Ross Ulbricht doesn't look good for him —... | Business Insider
- Pochettino calls for Spurs killer instinct | Business Insider
- Giphy, A 2-Year-Old Search... | Business Insider
- The Scary Truth About Sex Offender 'Rehabilitation' Programs | Business Insider
- Investor Heidi Roizen Shared A Disturbing Story That Shows How Difficult... | Business Insider
- Facebook Crushes Q4 Earnings (FB) | Business Insider