World Cup grinds Work to a Hault
That's what South America is doing. Too bad it's not the same back here in the States. However you can bet your soccer balls productivity across the U.S.A. will be slim come Thursday's match at 9 AM.
It's going to be very tough match vs. Germany.
Here's how it works: only two teams out of each group can advance to the next round, and FIFA decides who gets to stay in based on a points system. Victories are worth three points, losses none, and a tie gives one point to each side.
In Group G — the Group of Death — the U.S. and Germany are in the two top slots with four points, both teams having scored one triumphant victory and one frustrating tie. Ghana and Portugal, meanwhile, each have one point.
So how does the U.S. advance now? Well, the surest way would be for the team to beat Germany when the two teams meet on June 26. But don't hold your breath — Germany is ranked as the second-best team in the world, as evidenced last week when they crushed Portugal 4-0.
So Team U.S.A. might have to settle for four points at the end of group play. That might still be enough to advance, but it all depends on what happens in the group's final match — Portugal vs. Ghana.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Jumps As Stocks Dump-And-Pump But Close Lower | ZeroHedge
- SSDD | ZeroHedge
- China Blasts "One-Sided Western Rush To Judge Russia" Over MH17 | ZeroHedge
- Putin Makes First Official Statement; Russia To Cut IBM, Microsoft Dependence: Complete Ukraine Situation Summary | ZeroHedge
- Market Madness: Geopolitical Chaos Sparks Biggest "Dash-For-Trash" In 17 Months | ZeroHedge
- Dow Drops Below 17,000; All Friday Gains Erased | ZeroHedge
- INTRoDouCHiNG SPYBoY KeiTH... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- J.J. Abrams Shows Off First Footage Of X-Wing In 'Star Wars: Episode VII' | Business Insider
- We're About To Get Some News About Inflation, And The Market Might Not Like It | Business Insider
- There's A Mountain Of Evidence Linking Russia To The Downing Of The Malaysia... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Google, Verizon, Samsung, And Others Want To Make New York City Pay Phones Useful Again... | Business Insider
- Opponents Say 'Six Californias' Committed Voter Fraud When Collecting... | Business Insider
- Former Autonomy CFO Tries To Stop HP Shareholder Settlement, And HP Accuses Him Of... | Business Insider