World Cup grinds Work to a Hault
That's what South America is doing. Too bad it's not the same back here in the States. However you can bet your soccer balls productivity across the U.S.A. will be slim come Thursday's match at 9 AM.
It's going to be very tough match vs. Germany.
Here's how it works: only two teams out of each group can advance to the next round, and FIFA decides who gets to stay in based on a points system. Victories are worth three points, losses none, and a tie gives one point to each side.
In Group G — the Group of Death — the U.S. and Germany are in the two top slots with four points, both teams having scored one triumphant victory and one frustrating tie. Ghana and Portugal, meanwhile, each have one point.
So how does the U.S. advance now? Well, the surest way would be for the team to beat Germany when the two teams meet on June 26. But don't hold your breath — Germany is ranked as the second-best team in the world, as evidenced last week when they crushed Portugal 4-0.
So Team U.S.A. might have to settle for four points at the end of group play. That might still be enough to advance, but it all depends on what happens in the group's final match — Portugal vs. Ghana.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Unhealthy, Not Wealthy, and Far From Wise | Financial Sense
- Market Expectations Of A Stock Market Crash Have Never Been Higher | ZeroHedge
- How To Create A Gun-Free America In 5 'Easy' Steps | ZeroHedge
- How To Shortcut The 10,000 Hour Rule and Make Your Contribution to Life | Altucher Confidential
- Andy Hall Loses 7% In September, Down 20% YTD: Will He Blow Up Twice In One Year On The Same Trade? | ZeroHedge
- Deflation = Debt + Demographics + Disruption | ZeroHedge
- Pipeline Politics: Russia, Turkey Clash Over Energy As Syria Rift Shifts Focus To German Line | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ranch to let more film shoots despite 'Maze Runner... | Business Insider
- Myanmar proposes delaying Nov. 8 elections due to... | Business Insider
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after putting coach on... | Business Insider
- Blue Jays force Game 5 in ALDS with 8-4 win at Texas | Business Insider
- The Latest: Dem candidates arrive at site of 1st debate | Business Insider
- Donald Trump to host 'Saturday Night Live' | Business Insider
- This male model just made history... | Business Insider