World Cup grinds Work to a Hault
That's what South America is doing. Too bad it's not the same back here in the States. However you can bet your soccer balls productivity across the U.S.A. will be slim come Thursday's match at 9 AM.
It's going to be very tough match vs. Germany.
Here's how it works: only two teams out of each group can advance to the next round, and FIFA decides who gets to stay in based on a points system. Victories are worth three points, losses none, and a tie gives one point to each side.
In Group G — the Group of Death — the U.S. and Germany are in the two top slots with four points, both teams having scored one triumphant victory and one frustrating tie. Ghana and Portugal, meanwhile, each have one point.
So how does the U.S. advance now? Well, the surest way would be for the team to beat Germany when the two teams meet on June 26. But don't hold your breath — Germany is ranked as the second-best team in the world, as evidenced last week when they crushed Portugal 4-0.
So Team U.S.A. might have to settle for four points at the end of group play. That might still be enough to advance, but it all depends on what happens in the group's final match — Portugal vs. Ghana.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- British Pol Claims Trump Marked for Assassination | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Is Concerned: "The S&P Has Surged 6% Since The Election But 2017 EPS Forecasts Haven't Budged" | ZeroHedge
- RealVision's 15 "Killer Charts" For Q1 2017 | ZeroHedge
- A Hint of Gold Backwardation - Rising Gold Scarcity | ZeroHedge
- Trump Responds To CIA Chief Brennan, Asks "Was He The Leaker Of Fake News?" | ZeroHedge
- Why Millennials Are Behind: They Earn 20% Less Than Boomers Did At The Same Age | ZeroHedge
- “Hell Week II: The Revenge” Threatens Unrestrained Election Rejection | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A top Russian security official says it's facing increased... | Business Insider
- Bets that Fitbit is in trouble are piling up (FIT) | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg will testify in... | Business Insider
- Uncertainty lingers over how Trump's tax and... | Business Insider
- Moscow didn’t do anything in America’s last election that Washington hasn’t done... | Business Insider
- Rob Gronkowski is starring in two upcoming crime thrillers | Business Insider
- 9 artists who reportedly turned down performing at Trump's inauguration... | Business Insider