Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Feb 9, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Ep. 154 – Russell Simmons: How to Earn Your Worth | Altucher Confidential
- Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted | Financial Sense
- Bill Ackman Is Down 18.6% After First 5 Weeks Of 2016; Down 41% From August 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening | Financial Sense
- It Was Never About Oil | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Releases Steaming Pile Of Epic "Non-GAAP" Gobbledygook; Stops Reporting Free Cash Flow; Stock Soars | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 science-backed ways men can appear more attractive to women | Business Insider
- Here's your US recession ... | Business Insider
- Here's the real reason the dating scene is terrible for women right now | Business Insider
- A new report is casting doubt on whether Johnny Manziel was drunk at... | Business Insider
- This is the Iranian drone that flew over an... | Business Insider
- IRS grants nonprofit status to Karl Rove's 'dark money' group —... | Business Insider
- 7 amazing tree houses you can rent on Airbnb | Business Insider