Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Ignorant Masses' Warn 'Elites' - "Go Ahead, Rise Up... But Be Careful What You Wish For" | ZeroHedge
- China: Has Policy Reflation Lost Momentum? | Financial Sense
- Why Barclays Thinks The V-Shaped Recovery Is Dead: "Massive Redemptions Are Coming" | ZeroHedge
- S&P Downgrades European Union From AA+ To AA - Full Text | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- Yuan Tumbles, Stabilizes After Reuters Report China Willing To Weaken Currency To 6.80 | ZeroHedge
- 71% of Americans Think the Economy is “Rigged” … They’re RIGHT | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Tim Duncan picked up a $5 million contract option, but it... | Business Insider
- 5 times parasites affected the course of wars | Business Insider
- These stunning photos of summer lightning strikes will take your breath away | Business Insider
- The US Navy says a Russian warship harassed a US carrier strike group... | Business Insider
- There's $11.7 trillion of bonds that are doing something bizarre | Business Insider
- The 7 most important military decisions the next president will make in 2017 | Business Insider