Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Over $1 Trillion And Counting | iBankCoin.com
- More To Ruble's Collapse Than Meets The Eye? | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
- Gun Violence In America (In 6 Uncomfortable Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Trade Ideas For Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Former BIS Chief Economist: "The System Is Dangerously Unanchored; It Is Every Man For Himself" | ZeroHedge
- Jobless Claims Decline Across The US, But Jump In Two Shale States | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warming leads to more run-ins with polar bears | Business Insider
- The 10 Things You Need To Know In Advertising Today | Business Insider
- 18 Bookstores Every Book Lover Must Visit At Least Once | Business Insider
- Venture Capital Investing Has Reached Early Dotcom Era... | Business Insider
- Dirk Nowitzki Took A $15 Million Pay Cut, And Now He's The Lowest-Paid... | Business Insider
- Uber Should Not Raise Prices During Emergencies | Business Insider
- The Cure For Syphilis Was Developed As... | Business Insider