Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How A Chinese Farmer Lost More Than Everything Trading Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Still Didn't Get The Memo - China's Done, Top's In! | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 28 | ZeroHedge
- Commodity Carnage Will Hurt These 10 States The Most | ZeroHedge
- 185 Billion Reasons Why The US Agreed To Nuclear Deal With Iran | ZeroHedge
- Elon Musk Is Preparing For The Killer Robot Wars Of Tomorrow | ZeroHedge
- Here Beginneth The Lesson... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 major US companies are pledging $140 billion to fight climate... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (MSFT, TWTR, AMZN) | Business Insider
- And then there were four: rare rhino dies at Czech zoo | Business Insider
- Consumer confidence plunges in July | Business Insider
- Everything's starting to crash | Business Insider
- One killer stat shows why London's property market is so... | Business Insider
- Barclays profit jumps awaiting new boss | Business Insider