Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE COURRECTION HAS ENDED | iBankCoin.com
- Chicago PMI Bounce Is Dead, Crashes Back Near 6 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- In Denial: We Pursue Endless Growth At Our Peril | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Households Under Pressure: Stagnant Incomes, Rising Basic Expenses | ZeroHedge
- ECB Cracks A Joke, Says It Will "Publicly" Respond To Allegations It Privately Leaks Market-Moving News | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To The Contraction": Q1 GDP Drops By 0.7%, Corporate Profits Crash | ZeroHedge
- Coal Facing Worst Year Yet in 2015 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Blatter defiant as re-election vote looms | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 5/29: (EQIX) (RST) (DATE... | StreetInsider.com
- Defiant Blatter wins FIFA vote amid corruption storm | Business Insider
- Greece hoping for deal to unlock bailout funds by Sunday | Business Insider
- CEO of bankrupt Linux company says employee lawsuits put it out of business | Business Insider
- BuzzFeed is planning an IPO | Business Insider
- Dozens may have come in contact with anthrax: US military... | Business Insider