Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Central Bank-Driven Stock Rally Fizzles; Crude Rebounds On Saudi Oil Production Cut Report | ZeroHedge
- Nomura First Major Bank to Predict China Default; BIS Sounds Alarm | Financial Sense
- NY Fed Slashes GDP Forecast, Now Sees Weakest Growth Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Heidi Cruz Rejoins Goldman Sachs | ZeroHedge
- "Sometimes Party Loyalty Asks Too Much" - Lifelong Establishment Democrat Urges Voters To Support Trump | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Rules Out Bailout For Deutsche Bank: Depositor Bail-In Coming Up? | ZeroHedge
- Markets Cheer BOJ Announcement | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 things Hollywood gets wrong about doctors — and 4 things it gets... | Business Insider
- Facebook's go-to management guide dispels a common myth... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Millennials aren't building startups like past generations, but not for the reason you... | Business Insider
- Here's how to answer one of the trickiest job interview questions about... | Business Insider
- People are outraged over 'Transformers 5'... | Business Insider
- Clinton ad plays Trump's brutal comments while young women look at themselves in the... | Business Insider