Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Monetary Policy Has Lost Any Semblance Of Discipline," Stephen Roach Slams "QE Lemmings | ZeroHedge
- A Few Ideas, but Not Much Here | iBankCoin.com
- "There Is No Reality Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
- What Would You Do? | ZeroHedge
- "They're Out Of Their Minds" Gorbachev Slams US 'Triumphalism' For "Turning Cold War 'Hot'" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: January 30 | ZeroHedge
- Will Draghi’s QE work? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't move — here's why | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (SSNLF, FB, IBM, CTXS, AMZN) | Business Insider
- McDonald's replaces CEO after poor sales | Business Insider
- 26 killed as attacks rock Egypt's Sinai | Business Insider
- Shake Shack IPO Prices Way Higher Than Expected (SHAK) | Business Insider
- New Ukraine peace talks to take place Friday | Business Insider
- The 3D-Printer Industry Is Taking Shape, With Big... | Business Insider