Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A June Fed Funds Rate Hike Risks a September Economic Stall | Financial Sense
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
- Can Russia Survive Washington's Attack? | ZeroHedge
- Market Bubbles | Financial Sense
- Zombie Economy Soon to Have its Zombie Epocalypse | ZeroHedge
- "Pre-Crime" Arrives In Chicago - Big Data Tells Cops Who's Next To Be Shot | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan Nears Absolute Power With Appointment Of Puppet Premier, Stripping MPs Of Immunity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- AT&T just took a big step to maintain its lead in wireless... | Business Insider
- Why this Instagram star withdrew $1.2 million in cash — then... | Business Insider
- SpaceX is about to attempt another extremely difficult landing | Business Insider
- One parent behavior may affect kids of divorce more than divorce itself | Business Insider
- Snapchat now lets you add fun stickers to photos and videos | Business Insider
- Here's why Uber is getting killed in China | Business Insider