Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nuclear Deal Offers Only a Glimmer of Hope for Iran’s Economy | Financial Sense
- Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next | Financial Sense
- That Ain't No Margin Debt: THIS Is Margin Debt | ZeroHedge
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
- Another Oligarch Preaches To The Peasants: Charlie Munger Says "Prepare For Harder World" | ZeroHedge
- What Would Happen If ETF Holders Sold All At Once? Howard Marks Explains | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sharapova shocked by Gavrilova in Miami opening match | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- German consumer confidence just jumped to a 14-year high and Europe... | Business Insider
- Facebook bets on Messenger app, opens it to developers | Business Insider
- Hackers may be able to secretly download malicious apps onto nearly half of all... | Business Insider
- What Jeff Bezos did when this new Amazon employee... | Business Insider
- EU imposes anti-dumping duties on China, Taiwan steel... | Business Insider