Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend
Smoking could be a thing of the past - many Americans are turning to Ecigs or "Vaporizers" that appear to be about 1% as dangerous as smoking.
Personally, I quite smoking and switched to Vaping in February of 2014. The first couple of days were brutal, because you don't get the same "rush" as you do with a Tobacco cigarette. However, if you can make it past the first couple of days and realize that the rush comes from the highly toxic Carbon Monoxide found in Tobacco smokes, you can do it too.
So how can you cash in? The big tobacco companies such as Lorillard, Phillip Morris, and Reynolds American all have a piece of the pie. The problem from an investment perspective is that they are replacing a failing product with a new one that offers growth. I can't help but think that there are not big gains to be had from the big tobacco companies. What you want to look for is what brand of Ecig dominates the market and invest in that company's stock.
I vape the halo brand Ecigs, which are made in the USA and has a great website. Unfortunately, the company is also private. Keep an eye out for an IPO on Halo Ecigs.
I think your best bet would be to invest in the smaller Ecig brands - check out VPCO and ECIG. They are both high risk/high reward plays if they pay off.
VPCO is down huge today btw.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pennsylvania Schools Start New Year Broke With "Minus $1 Billion" In Funding | ZeroHedge
- Forget the Sept. '15 Fed Tightening – There Has Been a Stealth Tightening Since Sept. '14 | Financial Sense
- Three Drivers of the Capital Markets in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Guns, Drugs, & Booze: The Bipartisan Support For Prohibition | ZeroHedge
- The Greatest Con Job In Central Banking History | ZeroHedge
- Finding Pearls Of Wisdom In The Donald’s Trumperbolic Campaign | ZeroHedge
- The Central Bankers’ Malodorous War On Savers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Text for Wine' is a thing now | Business Insider
- EU ministers to talk security in Paris after train attack... | Business Insider
- Tropical Storm Erika to lose steam, but death toll rising | Business Insider
- Farah defends world double with 5000m gold | Business Insider
- A father's bad experience at an ice cream truck led him to start one of the most successful... | Business Insider
- 7 killed, 2 injured in China paper mill accident | Business Insider
- Twitter sets modest goals to diversity its workforce | Business Insider