A Sure Shot for a New 52-week High
Apple Inc (AAPL) hit a new 52-week high today, it was really thanks to the stock finally out of the $580 range.
The more time that passes the further Apple gets away from the historic $700 range in Oct 2012. Today Apple had an easy time hitting a new 52-week high of $575. However it couldn't keep the momentum and fell to $567. What can take AAPL to back to $700? A great holiday season can't do it alone. But a deal with China Mobile -- Yes it could in 12 months.
If Apple can land a deal with China Mobile and its 700 million subscribers it could Apple's stock back to the 2012 highs. The latest on that development via the LA Times:
SAN FRANCISCO — Apple may be inching closer to a deal with China Mobile, that nation's largest carrier, to sell the iPhone. But whether it's absolutely final or not remains unclear.
Late Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal said a source had indicated that a deal would be announced Dec. 18 at a China Mobile conference. But Thursday, a Reuters article disputed that, saying talks were ongoing.
"We are still negotiating with Apple, but for now we have nothing new to announce," China Mobile spokeswoman Rainie Lei told Reuters.
It's difficult to tell if Apple's recent surge in share price is all due to the China Mobile speculation or holiday buzz. We all want an iPad Air but not everyone can shell up the minimum $500 for an entry model. At this point if Apple does have the China Mobile up its sleeve the stock will add another 5% overnight. If it does not, expect a decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "My Love Is Real" Kenyan Lawyer Offers Cows, Sheep, & Goats For Obama's Daughter | ZeroHedge
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- Secular Versus Cyclical: Notes From SIC 2015 | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Gray Skies And Memorial Day Reflections | ZeroHedge
- How The Saudis Wag The Washington Dog | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- New Home Sales Rebound Despite Median Price Rising To Just Shy Of All Time High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 24 scary photos of the devastation caused by massive floods in Texas... | Business Insider
- Josh Smith — the player the Pistons paid $26 million to go away — has become the... | Business Insider
- Here's everything you need to know ahead of the Queen's Speech | Business Insider
- The US-led air war against ISIS is failing | Business Insider
- One photographer amassed thousands of Instagram followers after repeatedly... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here’s what the $56 billion Charter and Time Warner Cable merger is... | Business Insider