A Sure Shot for a New 52-week High
Apple Inc (AAPL) hit a new 52-week high today, it was really thanks to the stock finally out of the $580 range.
The more time that passes the further Apple gets away from the historic $700 range in Oct 2012. Today Apple had an easy time hitting a new 52-week high of $575. However it couldn't keep the momentum and fell to $567. What can take AAPL to back to $700? A great holiday season can't do it alone. But a deal with China Mobile -- Yes it could in 12 months.
If Apple can land a deal with China Mobile and its 700 million subscribers it could Apple's stock back to the 2012 highs. The latest on that development via the LA Times:
SAN FRANCISCO — Apple may be inching closer to a deal with China Mobile, that nation's largest carrier, to sell the iPhone. But whether it's absolutely final or not remains unclear.
Late Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal said a source had indicated that a deal would be announced Dec. 18 at a China Mobile conference. But Thursday, a Reuters article disputed that, saying talks were ongoing.
"We are still negotiating with Apple, but for now we have nothing new to announce," China Mobile spokeswoman Rainie Lei told Reuters.
It's difficult to tell if Apple's recent surge in share price is all due to the China Mobile speculation or holiday buzz. We all want an iPad Air but not everyone can shell up the minimum $500 for an entry model. At this point if Apple does have the China Mobile up its sleeve the stock will add another 5% overnight. If it does not, expect a decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Soros Emerges As Mastermind Behind Plan To "Enlarge Electorate By At Least 10 Million Voters" | ZeroHedge
- US Urges Citizens In Afghanistan To Leave Country | ZeroHedge
- "It's Scary Quiet": The Past Month Has Seen The Least Volatility Since 1995 | ZeroHedge
- French 'Extremist' Screams "Allahu Akbar", Stabs British Woman To Death In Australia | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Are Terrified... But of What? | ZeroHedge
- TRoLL MaGaZiNe | ZeroHedge
- Marc Faber Rings the Alarm Bell, Predicts a 50% Near Term Correction in Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon is planning a third drive-thru grocery location (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Univision will pay Gawker founder Nick Denton $200,000 per year not to work... | Business Insider
- 'Never Trump' presidential candidate: Sources have told me Trump 'hides in his... | Business Insider
- This before and after photo of a town in Italy shows the utter... | Business Insider
- Top agency talent weighs in on the emerging ad landscape | Business Insider
- Meet the group trying to take down North Korea with USB sticks | Business Insider
- McDonald's recalls 29 million fitness trackers in the US that... | Business Insider