A Sure Shot for a New 52-week High
Apple Inc (AAPL) hit a new 52-week high today, it was really thanks to the stock finally out of the $580 range.
The more time that passes the further Apple gets away from the historic $700 range in Oct 2012. Today Apple had an easy time hitting a new 52-week high of $575. However it couldn't keep the momentum and fell to $567. What can take AAPL to back to $700? A great holiday season can't do it alone. But a deal with China Mobile -- Yes it could in 12 months.
If Apple can land a deal with China Mobile and its 700 million subscribers it could Apple's stock back to the 2012 highs. The latest on that development via the LA Times:
SAN FRANCISCO — Apple may be inching closer to a deal with China Mobile, that nation's largest carrier, to sell the iPhone. But whether it's absolutely final or not remains unclear.
Late Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal said a source had indicated that a deal would be announced Dec. 18 at a China Mobile conference. But Thursday, a Reuters article disputed that, saying talks were ongoing.
"We are still negotiating with Apple, but for now we have nothing new to announce," China Mobile spokeswoman Rainie Lei told Reuters.
It's difficult to tell if Apple's recent surge in share price is all due to the China Mobile speculation or holiday buzz. We all want an iPad Air but not everyone can shell up the minimum $500 for an entry model. At this point if Apple does have the China Mobile up its sleeve the stock will add another 5% overnight. If it does not, expect a decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Data Shows The Shale Debt Crisis Is Hitting Record Levels | Financial Sense
- Don't Sleep Through The Revolution: A Graduation Message For A Dark Age | ZeroHedge
- This Won't End Well | ZeroHedge
- Why So Worried? | ZeroHedge
- Ben Tanosborn: How Blacks & Latinos Will Lose The Election For The Democratic Party In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- Two Charts Showing How Dazed And Confused Hedge Fund Traders Currently Are | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ted Cruz's clever delegate strategy is failing | Business Insider
- Stephen Curry says his chances of playing in Game 3 are 'pretty good... | Business Insider
- These 3 things could trigger another financial crisis | Business Insider
- Meet the billionaires of 740 Park Avenue, one of New York's historic... | Business Insider
- We’re probably not alone in the universe | Business Insider
- A French journalist infiltrated a jihadist cell: 'I... | Business Insider
- A Harvard psychologist says people judge you based on 2 criteria... | Business Insider