A Sure Shot for a New 52-week High
Apple Inc (AAPL) hit a new 52-week high today, it was really thanks to the stock finally out of the $580 range.
The more time that passes the further Apple gets away from the historic $700 range in Oct 2012. Today Apple had an easy time hitting a new 52-week high of $575. However it couldn't keep the momentum and fell to $567. What can take AAPL to back to $700? A great holiday season can't do it alone. But a deal with China Mobile -- Yes it could in 12 months.
If Apple can land a deal with China Mobile and its 700 million subscribers it could Apple's stock back to the 2012 highs. The latest on that development via the LA Times:
SAN FRANCISCO — Apple may be inching closer to a deal with China Mobile, that nation's largest carrier, to sell the iPhone. But whether it's absolutely final or not remains unclear.
Late Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal said a source had indicated that a deal would be announced Dec. 18 at a China Mobile conference. But Thursday, a Reuters article disputed that, saying talks were ongoing.
"We are still negotiating with Apple, but for now we have nothing new to announce," China Mobile spokeswoman Rainie Lei told Reuters.
It's difficult to tell if Apple's recent surge in share price is all due to the China Mobile speculation or holiday buzz. We all want an iPad Air but not everyone can shell up the minimum $500 for an entry model. At this point if Apple does have the China Mobile up its sleeve the stock will add another 5% overnight. If it does not, expect a decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Condo Flippers In Miami-Dade Left Twisting In The Wind | ZeroHedge
- How The Surveillance Program Works, And Who Can Order It: Former Intel Chair Explains | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Cook County Illinois Suffers Largest Population Drop In Entire US | ZeroHedge
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Fund CIO: "The Market Doesn’t Care About Health Care. Poor People Care About Health Care" | ZeroHedge
- Watch These Geopolitical Flashpoints Carefully | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Roger Goodell wants to speed up NFL games and clean up the advertising — here is... | Business Insider
- Tesla is about to confront dueling best- and worst-case scenarios, and anything... | Business Insider
- These exquisite quilts illustrate the importance... | Business Insider
- Is it ACHA or AHCA? A linguist explains why so many people are abbreviating... | Business Insider
- Here's what extreme sports can teach us about ourselves | Business Insider
- More homebuyers are turning to the risky mortgages that were popular... | Business Insider
- University of Michigan student rips apart the smug... | Business Insider