A Sure Shot for a New 52-week High
Apple Inc (AAPL) hit a new 52-week high today, it was really thanks to the stock finally out of the $580 range.
The more time that passes the further Apple gets away from the historic $700 range in Oct 2012. Today Apple had an easy time hitting a new 52-week high of $575. However it couldn't keep the momentum and fell to $567. What can take AAPL to back to $700? A great holiday season can't do it alone. But a deal with China Mobile -- Yes it could in 12 months.
If Apple can land a deal with China Mobile and its 700 million subscribers it could Apple's stock back to the 2012 highs. The latest on that development via the LA Times:
SAN FRANCISCO — Apple may be inching closer to a deal with China Mobile, that nation's largest carrier, to sell the iPhone. But whether it's absolutely final or not remains unclear.
Late Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal said a source had indicated that a deal would be announced Dec. 18 at a China Mobile conference. But Thursday, a Reuters article disputed that, saying talks were ongoing.
"We are still negotiating with Apple, but for now we have nothing new to announce," China Mobile spokeswoman Rainie Lei told Reuters.
It's difficult to tell if Apple's recent surge in share price is all due to the China Mobile speculation or holiday buzz. We all want an iPad Air but not everyone can shell up the minimum $500 for an entry model. At this point if Apple does have the China Mobile up its sleeve the stock will add another 5% overnight. If it does not, expect a decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Sinks Stocks, Craters Credit | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Bears Briefly Rescued After Massive Short Squeeze Collapses Yields | ZeroHedge
- The Physics Of Energy & The Economy | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Pumps'n'Dumps Back To $26 Handle After Saudi Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Explains To The Senate Why She Isn't "Dovish Enough" - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Why Ron Paul Is Hopeful | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Drop But Goldman Warns "Recent Jobless Increase Is More Than Just Noise" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A major Xbox One exclusive is coming with a bunch of great, free games... | Business Insider
- An investor's terrifying 2014 prediction for the market is coming true right now | Business Insider
- 40 tech skills that will land you a $120,000-plus salary | Business Insider
- Here's an explanation of Ben Graham's concept of 'margin of safety' | Business Insider
- Twitter's new hope: 'resurrected users' (TWTR) | Business Insider
- This model was dropped from her agency for her size—now she's the face of Victoria's Secret's... | Business Insider
- The former head of the nation's largest sheriff... | Business Insider