A Sure Shot for a New 52-week High
Apple Inc (AAPL) hit a new 52-week high today, it was really thanks to the stock finally out of the $580 range.
The more time that passes the further Apple gets away from the historic $700 range in Oct 2012. Today Apple had an easy time hitting a new 52-week high of $575. However it couldn't keep the momentum and fell to $567. What can take AAPL to back to $700? A great holiday season can't do it alone. But a deal with China Mobile -- Yes it could in 12 months.
If Apple can land a deal with China Mobile and its 700 million subscribers it could Apple's stock back to the 2012 highs. The latest on that development via the LA Times:
SAN FRANCISCO — Apple may be inching closer to a deal with China Mobile, that nation's largest carrier, to sell the iPhone. But whether it's absolutely final or not remains unclear.
Late Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal said a source had indicated that a deal would be announced Dec. 18 at a China Mobile conference. But Thursday, a Reuters article disputed that, saying talks were ongoing.
"We are still negotiating with Apple, but for now we have nothing new to announce," China Mobile spokeswoman Rainie Lei told Reuters.
It's difficult to tell if Apple's recent surge in share price is all due to the China Mobile speculation or holiday buzz. We all want an iPad Air but not everyone can shell up the minimum $500 for an entry model. At this point if Apple does have the China Mobile up its sleeve the stock will add another 5% overnight. If it does not, expect a decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US F-16 Photographed In Mock Dogfight With Russian Su-27 Above Area 51 | ZeroHedge
- 'Bikers For Trump' Vow To Form A "Wall Of Meat" To Protect Inauguration From Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Germany Slams Trump Criticism: Urges US To "Build Better Cars", Accuses Washington Of Causing Refugee Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Video Exposes Anti-Trump Group Plans To Shut Down DC Bridges And Highways With "Clusterfuck Blockades" | ZeroHedge
- Financial Times Editorial Seeks Restrictions on Free Speech to Stop False News “Propaganda War” | Financial Sense
- Not So Fast With Those Fed Hikes: Brainard Warns Costs Of Trump Stimulus Could Be "Significant" | ZeroHedge
- 56 Years Ago Today, Eisenhower Warned Americans Of "The Unwarranted Influence" Of The Deep State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chelsea Handler explains why she's leading a march against '... | Business Insider
- A Harvard junior who received internship offers from Google, Apple,... | Business Insider
- This tiny house fits into the back of a Mercedes-Benz van | Business Insider
- This building changes shape every hour — and it’s incredibly... | Business Insider
- Nike made a special pair of personalized Air Jordans for President... | Business Insider
- A Bruce Springsteen cover band quits Trump... | Business Insider
- 'It has reached us': Mexicans fear beach... | Business Insider