Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe, US Stocks Slide: 10 Year Bid Back Under 2.50% | ZeroHedge
- Small Caps Suffer Worst Quarter In 3 Years; Bonds Leading Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- "This Is What We Do" Warns 2nd Oklahoman ISIS-Supporter Arrested For Threatening To Behead Co-Worker | ZeroHedge
- Brazil Crashes As Rousseff Regains Lead | ZeroHedge
- PIMCO Liquidations Begin; And So Does The Retaliation: All Bill Gross Tweets Deleted | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Curve Roundtrips To Flattest Since S&P's "666" Intraday Lows | ZeroHedge
- Asian Stocks Are Sliding Following Data Disappointments Across The Region | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Two Charts Show Why The Economic Crisis Is Far From Over | Business Insider
- More than 30 feared dead as Japan volcano search resumes | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- This Advertising CMO Weighs In On The Holy Grail Of Marketing | Business Insider
- David Cameron Wishes Britain Would Abandon The Metric System | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider