Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IMF Blames Bad Loans For Mozambique's Soaring Debt-To-GDP Ratio | ZeroHedge
- Stockman: "At Last The Tyranny Of The Global Financial Elite Has Been Slammed" | ZeroHedge
- The Real Brexit "Catastrophe": World's 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion | ZeroHedge
- "Today Is The Appetizer For Monday" | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- Greenspan: "This Is The Worst Period I Recall; There's Nothing Like It" | ZeroHedge
- Hillary's Official Calendar Is "Missing" A Lot Of Entries | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the Amazon Echo won me over and became the center of my smart home | Business Insider
- Turmoil at one of the world's largest oil producers might drive up prices | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- Jefferies just put the hype about a Wall Street rebound into perspective... | Business Insider
- Brexit is 'a much smaller deal than it's been made... | Business Insider
- Derek Jeter asked President Obama what advice he'd... | Business Insider
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing... | Business Insider