Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Jumps On OPEC's El-Badri's "$200 A Barrel Sometime" Comments | ZeroHedge
- The Slick Lies Of Obama's "Robin Hood" Economy (In 2 Awkward Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Foreign Capital Flows Could Drive US Markets Significantly Higher | Financial Sense
- Shocking Images Of China's Dire Pollution Problem | ZeroHedge
- Syriza’s Victory Is Not the End but the Beginning | Financial Sense
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
- Stab, er... I Mean... Beggar Thy Neighbor - It's ALL OUT (Currency) WAR! Pt 2 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Johnny Depp Has His Fifth Box-Office Bomb In A Row | Business Insider
- eBay Employee Admits He Helped Build The Silk Road | Business Insider
- FBI Agent Explains How Russia's Foreign Spy Operations... | Business Insider
- Australia PM in 'time warp' as British royal knighted... | Business Insider
- Apple Needs To Answer This Question For The Apple... | Business Insider
- Here's What Could Happen If The Apple Watch... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek