Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sweden Has Another Problem - It's Collecting Too Much Tax | ZeroHedge
- Sweden: Hate Speech Just for Imams | ZeroHedge
- DHS Chief Vows "No Military Force" On Deportations After Trump Describes "Military Operation" | ZeroHedge
- Instant Tax Collection: As Bitcoin Surges to Record High, China Prepares its Own Digital Currency | Financial Sense
- French Prosecutor To Open Official Probe Into Francois Fillon's Embezzlement Allegations | ZeroHedge
- Are Rate Hikes Bad For Gold? | ZeroHedge
- A Storm Is Brewing Over Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NRA chief Wayne LaPierre made some bizarre claims at conservative conference | Business Insider
- Beijing just cemented its South China Sea land... | Business Insider
- RETAIL FORECAST: U.S. consumers will spend $632 billion online... | Business Insider
- DOW TOUCHES NEW HIGH: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Rory McIlroy: 'To be called a fascist and a bigot' because I played golf... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, BCS, XOM, TSLA) | Business Insider
- Watch a computer beat one of the world's best 'Super... | Business Insider