Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- Retail Department Store Carnage: Amazon to Blame? Mish 12-Point Summation | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts: "Americans Are A Conquered People" | ZeroHedge
- Everything Is Not Awesome! Study Finds LEGOs Becoming Increasingly Violent | ZeroHedge
- Pre-Open Buying Panic In Stocks & Crude Extends As Euro Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: Much Ado About Restrooms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The rise of reloadable prepaid... | Business Insider
- A bunch of new startups are trying to make it cheaper and... | Business Insider
- A gorgeous, 328-foot arch in Malta might soon be destroyed | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- This is the most addictive game you can play in your browser | Business Insider
- Viral video star 'Chewbacca Mom' got a huge 'Star Wars' surprise from... | Business Insider
- This massive multiplayer Bop It is a childhood dream come true | Business Insider