Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Violence Erupts In Turkey After Prominent Lawyer Is Assassinated On Live TV | ZeroHedge
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks Tumble As Offshore Yuan Surges Most In 2 Months After Apparent PBOC Intervention | ZeroHedge
- Which Assets Have Priced In A Chinese Economic Collapse? Barclays Explains | ZeroHedge
- 14,000 Refugees Due For Deportation From Sweden Have Vanished: "We Simply Do Not Know Where They Are" | ZeroHedge
- Argentines Stumped By Mystery Trucks Loaded With $130 Million In "High Denomination" Bills | ZeroHedge
- What Do Venture Capitalists and Little Girls Have in Common | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Car sales rev up on US holiday weekend | Business Insider
- Here's what Russia will be up against if it decides to mess with Turkey | Business Insider
- Storm lingering in southern Plains; more flooding possible... | Business Insider
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply... | Business Insider
- Chips, electronic devices boost Japan's factory output | Business Insider
- 9 emails that show Hillary Clinton struggles with tech... | Business Insider
- 10 skills that are hard to learn but pay off forever | Business Insider