Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AIG Lite: Margin Call Claimed First Foreign Casualty Of Austrian "Black Swan" | ZeroHedge
- Crowded Trade 2.0: Specs Have Never Been More Short Gold Or The Euro | ZeroHedge
- Did Reuters Falsify The Testimony Of A MH-17 Crash Witness? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Q1 2015 Reader Feedback – Please Rate our Market Recaps! | FundMyMutualFund
- Here Is The "Rate Hike Decision" Waterfall Analysis Goldman Gave To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- After Saudis Deny "Need To Send Ground Troops To Yemen", Is Invasion Imminent? | ZeroHedge
- God I Hate This Market | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Harry Kane, the 21-year-old phenom who's destroying the Premier League, is the most hyped player in... | Business Insider
- Turkey grinds to halt after massive power cut | Business Insider
- Wall Street auto analyst asks all of his clients: 'Is anybody out there... | Business Insider
- Armed leftists take Istanbul prosecutor hostage | Business Insider
- There's a pill that could help heavy drinkers cut down to one drink a day... | Business Insider
- Wal-Mart's obsession with low prices is causing major tension with suppliers | Business Insider
- China's new development bank is becoming... | Business Insider