Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Venezuela Is Now The Most Expensive Country In The World | ZeroHedge
- Calm Before the Storm? | Financial Sense
- 47 Years After 1968, Bundesbank STILL Fails To Deliver A Gold Bar Number List | ZeroHedge
- EM Currencies See Biggest Daily Surge In Years As Dovish Fed Trumps Fundamentals | ZeroHedge
- Peter Boockvar's Contrarian Play: Sell US Stocks, Buy Commodities and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- NATO Talks Tough On Troop Deployment As Kremlin Calls West's Bluff | ZeroHedge
- The Deep State: Source Of All Negativity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- North Korea readies massive anniversary celebration | Business Insider
- Platini calls reports of a 90-day suspension 'insidious... | Business Insider
- Central banks need to be 'courageous... | Business Insider
- Strachan coy over future after Scots' Euro flop | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' actress says she was... | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler's workers won't strike, keeping... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay is coming to Starbucks next year | Business Insider