Streaming Movies and TV Tips
There's no doubt Roku is the best but it doesn't have all the apps and HBO GO doesn't work if you have XFINITY. What works best is a combination of a few of them. The cheapest and best bets are Chromecast and Roku sticks.
Roku rocks and for $50 it's worth it.
Here is some advice from the LA Times.
More TV viewers are picking up so-called streaming media boxes in the hope of fulfilling a simple wish: Let me watch what I want when I want.
Basically, the devices, some as small as a thumb drive, link the TV to the Internet so users can watch Netflix or Hulu on the bigger screen, giving them a far wider choice of programming than cable or satellite services can.
But that's where it can be confusing and frustrating: Every box, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV, has its own set of apps that feature different libraries of shows and movies. Amazon Fire TV, for example, lacks HBO Go, which allows for on-demand viewing of HBO shows. Continue...
And although streaming apps such as Netflix and Hulu have vast libraries, some TV networks and studios limit availability of their content depending on whether the user is a cable or satellite subscriber. That means streaming media boxes won't help viewers ditch cable or satellite television subscriptions because many networks' apps require that users also have a pay-TV account.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greeks Split On Greferendum As Credit Suisse Says "No" Vote Defies "Rationality" | ZeroHedge
- This Is What It Looks Like When Central Banks Lose Control | ZeroHedge
- The Fourth Turning – An Interview With Neil Howe | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Bluff In All Its Glory: Presenting The Grexit "Falling Dominoes" | ZeroHedge
- FReeDoM... | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- US Equity Futures Give Up Early Gains, Nasdaq Biggest Loser | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Airstrikes hit multiple IS targets in Syria stronghold | Business Insider
- Crying Greek pensioner: the story behind the poignant... | Business Insider
- Iran talks in endgame inching close to nuclear deal | Business Insider
- We sent men to the moon in 1969 on a tiny fraction of the data that's in... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Federer beats Groth to reach Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- Varoufakis accuses Greece's creditors of '... | Business Insider