Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tumbling Pound Rattles Global Markets; Chinese Stock Slide Forces Government Intervention | ZeroHedge
- The Clinton Global Initiative is closing due to the 2016 revelations of multiple related international scandals | ZeroHedge
- New ABC / WaPo Poll Shows Drop In Trump Favorability Courtesy Of Aggressive "Oversamples" | ZeroHedge
- South Korea Seeks Arrest Of Samsung Chief For Bribery, Embezzlement And Perjury | ZeroHedge
- Size Matters - No Country Should Be Bigger Than This | ZeroHedge
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
- The (Highly Speculative) Path to $10,000 Bitcoin | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Obama wasn't perfect but he will be missed in... | Business Insider
- Excel is the go-to tool for finance... | Business Insider
- Mophie's new battery case kept my iPhone 7 Plus alive for over 30... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 5 Google Chrome tricks that will save you a ton of time | Business Insider
- EINHORN: Here's how to play the Trump presidency | Business Insider
- NASA saw a giant hole in the Sun's magnetic field | Business Insider