Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Odds Of Healthcare Bill Passing Today Plunge To 13% | ZeroHedge
- Should We Pay Off $20 Trillion in National Debt by Selling Federal Assets? | Financial Sense
- Trump Issues An Ultimatum To House Republicans: Vote On Friday Or Obamacare Stays | ZeroHedge
- FBI Director Comey Unexpectedly Shows Up At The White House | ZeroHedge
- Millennials Don't Consider Themselves Adults Until 30 | ZeroHedge
- Fund flows of this size could mark a top, says Joe Friday | ZeroHedge
- 16 Years Of European Terrorism In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Busting the myth about the dollar and oil | Business Insider
- The battle for ISIS' self-proclaimed capital... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Trump starts healthcare judgment day by attacking the conservative... | Business Insider
- The most underrated places to go in 2017 | Business Insider
- North Carolina man pleads guilty in 'pizzagate' shooting | Business Insider
- Hyperloop One revealed the future of transportation at... | Business Insider