Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- How The Pentagon Is Preparing For A Tank War With Russia | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Threatens To Veto Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- "Trying To Wash Away Her Bad Judgement?" - Clinton Attacks Trump Following Brexit Results | ZeroHedge
- "Frack Master" Busted For Blowing Investor Cash On "Whore Card" | ZeroHedge
- A Tale Of Two Asset Classes: Gold Miners Soar, Banks Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- Even Beijing isn't sure what it is trying to achieve in the South China Sea | Business Insider
- Massive flooding across West Virginia killed at least 23... | Business Insider
- Apple has a smart way to grow a new generation of fans: encouraging teen... | Business Insider
- A huge shift happening in the fitness industry is threatening... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider