Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Wrong Idea About Inflation | Financial Sense
- Will Our Private Savings Be Sacrificed To Pay Down The Public Debt? | ZeroHedge
- Beware The Putrid Stream Of Terrified "Liquidity" | ZeroHedge
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
- First Swiss Gold Poll Shows Pro-Gold Side In Lead At 45% | ZeroHedge
- Oil Tops $83, Gold Over $1255 As Commodities Spike Higher & Riyal Slides To 2009 Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Tragedy Of NATO: "Beware Foreign Entanglements" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Premarket Rally Is GONE | Business Insider
- This Intense Zombie Survival Course Is The Future Of College Education | Business Insider
- This Popular Midwestern Saying About Cheese Makes No Sense To The Rest Of America... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- How To Calculate The Tip In Under 30 Seconds | Business Insider
- KRUGMAN: Amazon Is Abusing Its Power And Hurting America | Business Insider
- These Last 6 Months Were The Warmest Humans Have Ever Recorded On Earth... | Business Insider