Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Louis-Vincent Gave: Asia Best Looking Market Right Now | Financial Sense
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
- The Emergence of the U.S. Petro-Dollar | Financial Sense
- China About to Miss the 7.5% GDP Growth Target | Financial Sense
- Algos Gone Wild: BABA "Glitch" Halted 7 Seconds, "100s Of Flash Crashes" Into Close | ZeroHedge
- A Long-Term Bull Case for GoPro | iBankCoin.com
- Pep Talk from Jack Ma Before Buying $BABA at the Open | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Melissa Rivers Speaks For First Time Since Joan Rivers'... | Business Insider
- Dollar Store Shoppers Are Much Poorer Than Wal-Mart's Customers | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Look What Happened To The Co-founders Of... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Weirdest Things You Can Buy On Alibaba's English Site | Business Insider
- Spain's Catalan parliament approves independence vote... | Business Insider
- Derek Jeter Hit His First Home Run At Yankee Stadium Of The Season Thursday Night... | Business Insider