Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- ISIS Commander Killed In Falluja Airstrikes As A Familiar Face Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Losing Ground In Flyover America, Part 2 | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Confidence Fades From Early May Exuberance, Inflation Expectations Slump To Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Soar On Hawkish Fed As Gold Suffers Worst Week In 6 Months | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences Of $50 Oil | ZeroHedge
- Another Bubble Has Burst: The Miami Luxury Condo Market Is A "Ticking Timebomb" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what happened when I took a 500 MPH ride in a real fighter jet | Business Insider
- 10 books every new grad should read | Business Insider
- FAA opens probe to determine what went wrong in fatal... | Business Insider
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- What it's like to fly on Spirit Airlines, the most hated airline in America... | Business Insider
- EX-UNDERCOVER DEA AGENT: What I did when drug dealers asked me to try... | Business Insider