Stocks to buy for August 2014
Making the cut are Google Inc (GOOG), Apple Inc (AAPL), and Dow Chemical (DOW).
Of those three we think the best bang for your buck is Google (GOOG). Apple is up 20% YTD and this website mentioned it a various times during the year when everyone was leaving them for broke. Google has only inched up 5% YTD.
A few analysts that believe Google can climb higher from July 18th:
GOOG) and raised its price target to $645.00 (from $625.00). The change follows Q2 results.
"Google is one of the only “mega-cap-tech” companies growing north of 20%, while experiencing accelerating growth and stabilizing margin, yet shares are only at 20x EPS. 2Q14 results were slightly above consensus on both revenue and EBITDA, with EPS below on a higher tax rate. Google is successfully transitioning its business from PC to mobile, and is arguably in a more favorable position in mobile than it was in PC, which should eventually be reflected in a higher multiple. We have raised our revenue and EBITDA for 2015. Google remains a top pick," said analyst Ross Sandler.
Investment analysts at Oppenheimer lifted their price objective on shares of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) from $610.00 to $656.00 in a note issued to investors on Friday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock. Oppenheimer’s price objective suggests a potential upside of 14.34% from the company’s current price.
Here are the articles found at Barrons.com:
How Sound Shore Management has done well, even in sharp market corrections.
The company is under pressure from activist Dan Loeb, who would like it broken up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: February 27 | ZeroHedge
- China Cuts Interest Rates, Takes Number Of Central Banks Easing In 2015 To 21 | ZeroHedge
- When Will the Fed Hike Rates? It All Comes Down to “Patience” | Financial Sense
- $1,000/oz For Silver (Today): A Starting Point | ZeroHedge
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- "Monetary Policy Is Bankrupt" Dr. Lacy Hunt Warns "Bonds, Not Stocks, Are A Good Economic Indicator" | ZeroHedge
- GET INSIDE THE OIL BARREL WITH ME | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NIMOY: One of the greatest things about Star Trek was that it inspired scientists | Business Insider
- Pending home sales hit an 18-month high | Business Insider
- Ukraine conflict at 'crossroads' as troop... | Business Insider
- Twitter has one major advantage over Google and Facebook (TWTR)... | Business Insider
- US, Cuba seek breakthrough in new round of historic talks... | Business Insider
- Mike Novogratz's flashship fund just lost a quarter of its... | Business Insider
- Eccentric habits that drive 11 of tech's most... | Business Insider