Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Oil Production Cuts Are Purely Symbolic Marketing Trickery (Video) | ZeroHedge
- How The New York Times Plays With History | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
- Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman 2016 Pay: $22,500,000 | ZeroHedge
- Fake News About "Love" For Obamacare? | ZeroHedge
- Netanyahu, Trump To Talk By Phone Sunday; May Announce Move Of US Embassy To Jerusalem | ZeroHedge
- Indiana YMCA Bans CNN Over Complaints About Constant Barrage of "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN SACHS CEO: The markets were already great before Trump's... | Business Insider
- It'll cost you nearly nothing to open a Chick-fil-A — but there's a... | Business Insider
- Fah Jam is the baby elephant amputee you can't help but root... | Business Insider
- The 10 best stock pickers of 2016 (REI, ECA, GNW, SIVB, TBK, AMD, GNMK, FMSA, CDE, AMBR... | Business Insider
- A dermatologist reveals the biggest mistake men make with their skin... | Business Insider
- Sundance vets Elijah Wood... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek