Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Buckle Up, the Bank of Japan Has Blown Up the Markets (Again) | ZeroHedge
- EU Celebrates 60th Birthday As European Leaders Scramble To Hold "Fraying" Union Together | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Trump Rally Turns Violent After Provocations From 'Counter-Protesters' | ZeroHedge
- Ring The Alarm: UK Entering Meltdown Mode | ZeroHedge
- John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks | Financial Sense
- Doubt Rises As Market Liquidity Collapses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The battle against one of the nation's biggest epidemics is now being waged... | Business Insider
- One of the biggest hedge fund launches of... | Business Insider
- Fights erupted at a pro-Trump rally in California | Business Insider
- 5 Costco purchases that make your membership virtually free | Business Insider
- 'Seems like it’s going to be about his corporate cronies':... | Business Insider
- Trump will look to recover from his worst week yet as president | Business Insider
- This Trump tweet was one of his most terrifying lies yet | Business Insider