Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P Warns of Rising Global Default Wave | Financial Sense
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- "Policymakers Have Been Calling A 'Depression' A 'Recovery' For Nearly A Decade" | ZeroHedge
- With Italy's Bank Stress Test "A Near-Term Risk", Who Is Most Exposed? | ZeroHedge
- Peak Oil 'Demand' & The Duelling Narratives Of Energy Inventories | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Helicopter Money Coming and It Will Boost Gold Market to New Highs | Financial Sense
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MARK MOBIUS: Poland is ripe for investment | Business Insider
- Syrian refugee arrested after killing woman with... | Business Insider
- CEO: Here's 'the biggest mistake you can make as... | Business Insider
- The top 10 Android apps that drain your battery the most | Business Insider
- The 5 best online mattress startups for every type of sleeper... | Business Insider
- Why you feel like you’re falling when you go to sleep | Business Insider
- A common belief about working out might be bogus — and it's good news for anyone trying to tone... | Business Insider