Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Curse of Alexander Hamilton | iBankCoin.com
- Does Russia Need To Sell Gas More Than The EU Needs To Buy It? | ZeroHedge
- India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
- Ken Rogoff: Is This As Good As It Gets For This Generation? | ZeroHedge
- Can the Rally in Global Commodities Be Sustained? | Financial Sense
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Dealing With Haters | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/07: (SWY) (... | StreetInsider.com
- REPORT: Mt. Gox Faced 150,000 Attacks Per Second | Business Insider
- Boston Red Sox Owner Epically Burned The Miami Marlins On Twitter... | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: The Treasury Market Is In Trouble | Business Insider
- 11 Video Games From The 1980s That Are Better Than Games Today | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com