Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It May Come To A Military Coup": Ukraine's "Nazis" Threaten To Overthrow Government | ZeroHedge
- This Is Your "New Economy": These 10 Startups Are Valued At $156 Billion On $4 Billion In Revenue | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Is Confused: If The Economy Is Recovering, Then How Is This Possible | ZeroHedge
- Gold Sentiment Is Just Plain Ugly | ZeroHedge
- Where Does Bitcoin Fit in the Currency Crisis? | Financial Sense
- Falling Crude Prices Put Producers Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Financial Sense
- They Live, We Sleep: A Dictatorship Disguised As A Democracy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EU, US urge Turkey restraint amid PKK onslaught | Business Insider
- There are 3 days until the first wild GOP debate — here's who... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- A California city is paying would-be murderers not to shoot anybody — and it's... | Business Insider
- I love my Apple Watch, but I don't think most people should buy one yet | Business Insider
- Clock ticking on Sweden's investigation on Assange | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider