Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Warns Companies To Halt Buybacks At Record Valuations, Reminds What Happened In 2007 | ZeroHedge
- Levered Funds Are The Most-Short Bonds Ever, Russell Shorts Lowest In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Why A Chinese Developer's Default Means Trouble For New York Real Estate | ZeroHedge
- Machines Shift To "Spoofing" Soybeans & OatsToday | ZeroHedge
- Rising Police Aggression A Telling Indicator Of Our Societal Decline | ZeroHedge
- Will 5th Time Be The Charm For Dip-Buyers Today? | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Silver, Copper, & Crude Are Soaring On Heavy Volume | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Tim Duncan has played in an incredible number of games | Business Insider
- Putin says 'no regrets' over Crimea annexation | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- What are traders chatting about this morning? The busy week ahead ... | Business Insider
- Video shows 2 Baltimore cops hurling objects back at mob | Business Insider
- Instant self-test HIV kit on sale in Britain | Business Insider