Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Useful Prep-Sheet On Syria For Media Propagandists | ZeroHedge
- Last Two Times this Happened, the US Was Falling into a Recession | ZeroHedge
- Gold to “double in price and surpass its inflation-adjusted high of $2,500 per ounce in the next 3 to 5 years” | ZeroHedge
- The Rate Hike Ship Has Sailed: Goldman Sees "Higher Probability Of Liftoff Not In 2016 But In 2017" | ZeroHedge
- Why Bank of America Just Cut Its Year End S&P500 Target To 2,000 | ZeroHedge
- World's Largest Sovereign Wealth Fund Is Forced To Begin Liquidating Assets | ZeroHedge
- Russia Escalates Syria Proxy War: Threatens Full Naval Blockade Of Syria | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- VW, with limited DC lobbying footprint, braces for... | Business Insider
- Glencore shares up 34% on unit sale talks | Business Insider
- A former Facebook employee put up official-looking 'No Tech Zone' signs in San Francisco... | Business Insider
- Greek government to submit draft 2016 budget to... | Business Insider
- Kelly isn't changing anything despite Eagles' 1-3... | Business Insider
- Germany's K+S shares plunge as PotashCorp scraps... | Business Insider
- Glencore shares are sinking as European markets open | Business Insider