Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Sell: $X | iBankCoin.com
- Shake Shak Opens For Trading Valued At 108x EBITDA | ZeroHedge
- Another Step Down The Long, Slow Road To IRA Nationalization | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Treasury-Equity Reallocation Trade Pushes Futures Lower, 10 Year Rises To 1.72% | ZeroHedge
- Greek Social Contagion: Tens Of Thousands Rally In Support Of Spain's Anti-Austerity Podemos Party | ZeroHedge
- Germany Is (Almost) Japan: Bund Yield Plunges To Record 0.33% | ZeroHedge
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 ways to save your iPhone's battery (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Whitney Houston's daughter was found unresponsive in... | Business Insider
- EU, US look for 'fresh start' in trade talks | Business Insider
- Here's how good Tim Cook has been for Apple in one chart (... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, AMZN, GOOG,... | Business Insider
- America's homeless capital LA counts its down-and-outs | Business Insider
- Furious Genoa claim refs protecting higher interests | Business Insider