Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Charts To Prove That 'Shadow Banking' Could Collapse The Entire Financial System | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen Exclaims "The Fed Has Not Learnt Anything From The Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- Globalist Financiers Fleece Greece? | ZeroHedge
- Broke? You May Now Be Entitled To a Free Home | ZeroHedge
- Chances For Diplomatic Solution To Ukraine Conflict "Slim", Soc Gen Says | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Startling Student Debt Numbers That Every Young Person Should See | ZeroHedge
- Texas Town First of Many to Switch to 100% Renewable Power | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple CEO Tim Cook slams US 'dangerous discrimination... | Business Insider
- Former HP star Dave Donatelli has joined Oracle (ORCL, HPQ) | Business Insider
- The 20 US colleges with the most liberal students | Business Insider
- We checked out Victor — 'Uber for private jets' — where prices start at... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers... | StreetInsider.com
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Microsoft just dropped two trailers for 'Halo 5' and... | Business Insider