Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ron Paul: "Americans Must Choose Non-Interventionist Free Markets For Peace & Prosperity" | ZeroHedge
- The Five Cities Most At Risk For The Next Big Earthquake | ZeroHedge
- Why Artifice Rules The World: We Have No Choice | ZeroHedge
- You’re My Boy, BlueBird! | iBankCoin.com
- Wall Street Successfully Recreated As P2P Software: See the Argentinian Default Trade Bear Fruit Through Bitcoin | ZeroHedge
- 30Y Treasury Yield Plunges To Fresh 15-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Perfect Strangers United | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- E-Commerce Is Finally Beginning To Eat Into The... | Business Insider
- Surfer Switches Surfboards In The Middle Of Riding A Wave | Business Insider
- This Detailed Prezi Shows How The Ice Bucket Challenge Went Viral | Business Insider
- There's Still One Major Problem With Google's Self-Driving Cars (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- American Airlines Needs to Deal With Regional Pilot Pay Issues, Says Lee Moak | TheStreet.com
- IMF chief Lagarde charged over French corruption case | Business Insider