Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Scary Quiet": The Past Month Has Seen The Least Volatility Since 1995 | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Responds To Health Allegations; Opens A Jar Of Pickles: "I Feel Like This Is An Alternate Universe" | ZeroHedge
- Is Trump Deliberately Throwing the Election? | Financial Sense
- What Happens When Central Banks Become Major Buyers in the Stock Market? Case Study: Japan | Financial Sense
- Turkish Tanks Enter Syria As Part Of "Anti-ISIS" Operation | ZeroHedge
- The Current Gold and Silver Price Downtrend Will Prove to be Just a Temporary Lull in a Continuing Uptrend, Part 2. | ZeroHedge
- How To Trade Jackson Hole: These 3 Currencies Will Move Most To Yellen's Statement | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Citigroup hits another Costco hurdle (C) | Business Insider
- ‘King Coal’ is being dethroned in the US | Business Insider
- First-time foreclosures are the lowest since 2000 | Business Insider
- NBC's Olympics had a 'nightmare' drop in ratings — here's how it could... | Business Insider
- 'Give me one example': Mark Cuban goes after Jack Welch for... | Business Insider
- The simple trick I used to make $5,000 in a week freelancing online | Business Insider
- The origin story behind the most iconic song on 'Game of Thrones... | Business Insider