Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Snow-Plough Driver In Total CEO Plane Crash Was Drunk, Investigators Say | ZeroHedge
- Is China the Next Sub-Prime Event? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 20 | ZeroHedge
- First Swiss Gold Poll Shows Pro-Gold Side In Lead At 45% | ZeroHedge
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- HoW JaPaNeSe HYPeRINFLaTioN STaRTS IN ONe PiCTuRe... | ZeroHedge
- Land Of The Free? 1 In 3 Americans Are On File With The FBI In The US Police State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CEO of oil giant Total killed in Moscow plane crash | Business Insider
- Two cured in US, Spain, as Ebola crisis widens | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 10/... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 US Cities Where Young Adults Are Flocking After College | Business Insider
- OMNICOM: There's A Clear Shift Happening In TV... | Business Insider
- Fab CEO Reveals The Site Was Burning Through $14 Million Before Massive Layoffs... | Business Insider