Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Earnings Provide Foundational Value | Financial Sense
- McCain Tells European Elite Trump "Administration Is In Disarray" | ZeroHedge
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
- The FBI Is Pursuing Three Separate Probes Into "Russian Hacking" Of The Elections | ZeroHedge
- Trump Left Saudi Arabia Off His Immigration Ban... Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Question Trump's Sanity, Blasted For "Weaponizing Mental Health" | ZeroHedge
- New Political Turmoil In Italy After Renzi Quits As Ruling Party Leader, Triggering Re-election Battle | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Russians are turning on Trump | Business Insider
- There's a key risk in Europe that... | Business Insider
- New York and San Francisco are the 2 most expensive... | Business Insider
- WiseBanyan Review 2017: Fees, Returns, Investing Services & Competitors | Business Insider
- America's affordable housing crisis has reached a new... | Business Insider
- This is why fighting is allowed in pro hockey — and why the NHL has no... | Business Insider
- Tesla has sent investors on an epic roller coaster ride for years — look back at the craziest... | Business Insider