Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Different This Time?" What Happened To US Oil Drillers During The Last Price War | ZeroHedge
- California Housing Market Cracks in Two, Top End Goes Crazy | ZeroHedge
- Cutting Oil Production Will Not Solve OPEC’s Problems | Financial Sense
- The Mystery Of Surging Q3 GDP Explained And Why Americans Are Suddenly $80 Billion "Poorer" | ZeroHedge
- Trend Changes and the Dangers of Crying Wolf | Financial Sense
- May Your Birds Be Dinosaur Big | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Did They Want More Violence In Ferguson? 10 'Coincidences' Too Glaring To Ignore | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- These Are America's Secret Elite Warriors | Business Insider
- Lionel Messi breaks Champions League scoring record | Business Insider
- This Guy Started Some Of The Biggest Tech Companies, But What He Really Cares... | Business Insider
- Dutch bank ING says to slash 1,700 jobs | Business Insider
- NASSIM TALEB: Consider The Thanksgiving Turkey... | Business Insider
- US National Guard deployed as Ferguson protests | Business Insider