Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe’s Survival Depends on Debt Restructuring, Not Growth | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The Forgotten War – Understanding The Incredible Debacle Left Behind By NATO In Libya | ZeroHedge
- Five Countries Most Affected by the Oil Price Crash | Financial Sense
- Grant Williams: Why The Smart Money Is So Nervous Now | ZeroHedge
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- NYSE Margin Debt Declined in January | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- For $1.2 million you can have this insane powerboat... | Business Insider
- Meet Tworlds, an app that lets you see how your life... | Business Insider
- WWE put on its best show ever — and it wasn't... | Business Insider
- The company behind one of the best Android phones is launching a fitness band for... | Business Insider
- Top 10... | StreetInsider.com
- Ton-up Root stars, Pakistan seek Zimbabwe boost... | Business Insider
- 11 places that have the same name in Britain and America but look very... | Business Insider