Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Russia Is Preparing For WWIII | ZeroHedge
- "Greed & Fear Are Great Teachers" Black Swan Author Tells Graduates "Always Have Skin In The Game" | ZeroHedge
- What Drought? Trump Tells Californians "We're Going To Solve Your Water Problem" | ZeroHedge
- Sweden: Is Islam Compatible With Democracy? | ZeroHedge
- What Killed The US Consumer, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- First "Shocking" Deposition In Clinton Email Case Reveals She Did Not Use A Password | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 22 signs your boss secretly hates you | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- A flight attendant answers the 20 questions you... | Business Insider
- 10 books every new grad should read | Business Insider
- THE CONSPIRACY CANDIDATE? 13 outlandish theories Donald Trump has floated on the... | Business Insider
- Report: Trump campaign indicates it's 'not... | Business Insider
- The 15 best Disney Channel Original Movies, ranked | Business Insider