Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mapping The Global Contagion From Portugal's Systemic Banking Crisis | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow … or Reverse | Financial Sense
- WHERE ARE THE SETUPS? | iBankCoin.com
- Like Dripping Silver Icicles | Financial Sense
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- Canadian Doctor Quarantines Himself Over Ebola Fears After Returning From Liberia | ZeroHedge
- An Abandoned Chart | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dodge Could Be Building The Most Powerful Sedan Ever | Business Insider
- Russia Celebrated Its Navy Day In Recently Annexed Crimea | Business Insider
- Bog Snorkeling Is The Strangest Sport You've Never Heard Of [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- Former Yale Professor Says Ivy League Schools Are Churning Out 'Zombies... | Business Insider
- LEAKED: A Gold iPhone 6 Is Coming With A New Apple Logo Design On The Back (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Workers For The Qatar World Cup Say They Haven't Been Paid In More Than A Year,... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek