Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Asian Property Prices Are Falling "As If There's A Global Financial Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- The Market Doesn’t Know How Stupid You Are | iBankCoin.com
- Spain Sells First-Ever 50 Year Bonds At 4% Coupon | ZeroHedge
- Ukrainian Coast Guard Attacked Near Russian Border, Some Killed | ZeroHedge
- These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War | ZeroHedge
- Dispatches from Occupied Territory – Fear is the Mind Killer | ZeroHedge
- Will Ukraine Retake the East From Separatists? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pakistan military leaders to meet after deadly clashes | Business Insider
- America's Most Incredible Natural Gas Play... | Business Insider
- The Sweet Rides Of Tech's Millionaires And Billionaires | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- The Truth Behind Notorious Flavor Enhancer MSG | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Wozniacki sends Sharapova out of US Open, Federer... | Business Insider