Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Taking A Spin | iBankCoin.com
- What's Avant-Garde Now? Social Innovation | ZeroHedge
- NYC Doctor Confirmed Positive For Ebola; Contact With Girlfriend (Quarantine) & 3 Others; "Unlikely" Contagious On Subway | ZeroHedge
- Market Liquidity Is Back Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Farce Of European Stocks (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Institutional Fish: "It's All Just A Pretend Game" | ZeroHedge
- The Investing World In 10 Objects | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook's Newest App Wants To Make Old-School Internet Forums Sexy... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Blue Chip Fantasy Football Picks for Week 8 | TheStreet.com
- Billionaires Are Reportedly Paying $4,000 For A Titanium Toothbrush | Business Insider
- P&G to ditch Duracell batteries amid earnings drop | Business Insider
- Yelp Plunges Following Weak Fourth-Quarter Guidance: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- 3 Ways To Become A CEO Before You Turn 30 | Business Insider
- Brazil poll rivals clash over corruption claim | Business Insider