Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don Coxe: Raise Cash, Hold Gold | Financial Sense
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- "Make A Wish List" Russia Tells Duterte, As New Asian Axis Forms | ZeroHedge
- 'Smoking Gun' Email Confirms DNC Involvement In Inciting Violence At Trump Rallies | ZeroHedge
- "Dear Janet"? - China Devalues Most Since August, Yuan Tumbles To Lowest Since Sept 2010 | ZeroHedge
- World Economy Wobbles As Deep-State-Shill Distracts | ZeroHedge
- Hacking Democracy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- NBCUniversal doubles its investment in BuzzFeed to $400 million | Business Insider
- Mexico's bloodshed keeps getting worse — homicides hit a new high for... | Business Insider
- Assad's propaganda hits new low: Photo of Syrian boy harmed... | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer says Microsoft once tried to buy Facebook... | Business Insider
- OBAMA: Trump's refusal to commit to accepting election results 'dangerous'... | Business Insider
- McDonald's is still killing it because of all-day... | Business Insider