Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shariah Gold Cometh – $2 Trillion In Assets “Could Send Price Soaring” | ZeroHedge
- Over Half of Americans Now Believe the Voting System Is Rigged | ZeroHedge
- Russian Orchestra Performs In Syria's Palmyra Ruins, Recently Held By ISIS - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- This Data Shows The Shale Debt Crisis Is Hitting Record Levels | Financial Sense
- Air Freight Volumes Across Largest Global Market Tumble 15% In First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- Churn, Baby, Churn - The China Commodity Bubble Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ISIS militants have seized a key gas field in eastern Syria... | Business Insider
- Belgium is tunneling beer through a pipeline underneath one of its most famous... | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- Cruz's failed White House bid could make him a... | Business Insider
- Disney has 6 'Star Wars' movies planned through 2020 — here they all are | Business Insider
- Brooks Brothers introduced a more expensive version of its best-known shirt, and fans... | Business Insider
- Researchers have kept lab-grown human embryos alive for longer than ever before | Business Insider