Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Comes a “Godzilla” El Niño | Financial Sense
- The Oligarch Recovery: Low Income Americans Can't Afford To Live In Any Metro Area | ZeroHedge
- The Alarming Regularity of 6 and 7-Sigma Events Illustrates Why a Deep Understanding of Banker-Induced Fraud is a Necessity | ZeroHedge
- Ep 130: Penn Jillette – The Brilliant Idea Can Kill You | Altucher Confidential
- Economics 102: WalMart Cuts Worker Hours After Hiking Minimum Wages | ZeroHedge
- One Theory About Last Monday's ETF Implosion | ZeroHedge
- US Economic Momentum Remains Positive | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yahoo chief Mayer says she's pregnant with twins | Business Insider
- Bonjour, France! | Business Insider
- Here's why 68-year-old Susan Sarandon loves going to Burning Man | Business Insider
- 25 photos of luxurious private islands you can rent for your next vacation | Business Insider
- Donald Trump among next week's guests on 'The... | Business Insider
- Netflix is losing some of its best movies, but that's actually going to be a good thing... | Business Insider
- Christie tells Fallon he might 'go nuclear' in... | Business Insider