Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Crude Crumbles To $28 Handle, 3-Week Lows | ZeroHedge
- What The Charts Say: "Complacent" Bulls Remain As S&P Support Under Pressure | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Volatility Spikes As "Exuberance Has Turned To Panic" | ZeroHedge
- What Kind of Power Will China Become? | Financial Sense
- Chesapeake Plummets Over 20% On Report It Has Hired Bankruptcy Attorneys | ZeroHedge
- America's Most Hated Man Martin Shkreli Sued Over Ol' Dirty Bastard Cartoons | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crashes To $27 Handle As US Energy Credit Risk Spikes Above 1500bps To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: Johnny Manziel showed up drunk to practice and the Browns covered... | Business Insider
- How to get someone's phone number on a dating... | Business Insider
- Ending Flint's water crisis is going to... | Business Insider
- Samsung's new Galaxy phone could have amazing battery life | Business Insider
- Oil's literally dirt cheap | Business Insider
- Scathing Daily News cover blasts Donald Trump before New Hampshire... | Business Insider
- Ferrari's new GTC4 Lusso has supercar power — and room for the whole family (RACE... | Business Insider