Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Full Geneva Statement On Ukraine "De-escalation" | ZeroHedge
- Princeton Study Confirms 'US Is An Oligarchy' | ZeroHedge
- What Oil War Premium? | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary For President" Fundraiser Busted For Illegal Campaign Contributions | ZeroHedge
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
- A Blueprint for Investing in Frontier Markets | ZeroHedge
- BP Manager In Charge of Cleaning Up the Gulf Oil Spill Dumped $1 Million In BP Stock Before the Severity of Spill Was Discovered | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- BMW Explains Why Its New Electric Car Looks So Strange | Business Insider
- Prison Is Starting To Feel Like Home In 'Orange Is The New Black'... | Business Insider
- 9 Maps That Show How Americans Speak In Different Regions | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley Earnings And Revenue Beats Expectations (MS) | Business Insider
- Less Than 24 Hours Later, The Ukraine 'Deal' Is Already Running... | Business Insider
- Housing Alone Will Return Inflation To The Fed's Target By Next Year | Business Insider