Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Then We Will Fight In The Shade" - A Guide To Winning The Media Wars | ZeroHedge
- Which Of These Would You Rather Have In Your Safe? | ZeroHedge
- UN Agrees To Stop Reporting Iraqi Casualties After Military Complains | ZeroHedge
- Judge Dismisses Jill Stein's "Speculative Claims", Orders End To Michigan Recount | ZeroHedge
- Manufacturing Normality - Exposing The "Self-Appointed Guardians Of Reality" | ZeroHedge
- Hope and Caution | Financial Sense
- The Great Middle Class Revolt Gets Bigger | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This floating UFO home lets you live underwater | Business Insider
- Joe Buck once had to use the bathroom so badly during a game that he called a... | Business Insider
- 5 challenges all salespeople face — and how to fix them | Business Insider
- This Samsung laptop is already a good value, and today it’s $250 off | Business Insider
- 24 gifts for anyone whose New Year's resolution is to go to the gym more often | Business Insider
- China will step up air force patrols near... | Business Insider
- Here's how Uber's new AI... | Business Insider