Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Triggers Existential Eruption of EU: “Disintegration of the EU practically irreversible.” | ZeroHedge
- In Major Win For Abortion Advocates, Supreme Court Voids Texas Abortion Clinic Law | ZeroHedge
- We're in a Global Bear Market, Says Leading Technician | Financial Sense
- These Three Survey Responses Explain Everything That Is Wrong With The US Economy | ZeroHedge
- The First Casualty Of Brexit: Italy Prepares €40 Billion Bank Bailout | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- Gun Salesman-In-Chief: 52,600 Weapons Sold Daily Under Obama Admin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 of the best 'Game of Thrones' moments that shaped our favorite... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider
- Former CEO of a $33 billion company explains how... | Business Insider
- Why we need to see these documents to end the opioid epidemic | Business Insider
- Gold is flying higher (GLD, GLX) | Business Insider
- Aliens could be contacting Earth without us knowing | Business Insider
- Iraq has retaken all of Fallujah from ISIS | Business Insider