Sony and Twitter Share Prices should be reversed
Sony Corp (SNE) is slowly dying and is dumping its PC business. The company was rewarded with a higher stock price. Twitter (TWTR) had an incredible quarter yet it's stock price suffers? A lesson that going with the popular trendy stocks don't always equal to investor return.
Today's pin action:
NYSE: SNE - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Sony has also agreed to sell its struggling Vaio PC business to restructuring specialists Japan Industrial Partners, although Sony will initially retain a 5% stake in the unit.
- In addition, Sony intends to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a plan to save ¥100B a year in fixed costs.
- The company will take take restructuring charges of ¥70B this FY, up ¥20B from a forecast in October. As a result, the firm projects a fiscal-year loss of ¥110B after earlier predicting a profit of ¥30B.
NYSE: TWTR - Feb 6 7:59 PM ET
- Twitter analysts, already more bearish than bullish going into the company's Q4 report, have become even moreso afterwards, as worries about Timeline views and MAU growth fully overshadow improving ad monetization. UBS, Sterne Agee, and Atlantic Equities have moved from neutral to bearish ratings, and Stifel from Buy to Hold.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Stumbles As Stock Market Optimism Plunges Most In 15 Months | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Trump not yellin’ about Yellen anymore! | ZeroHedge
- Trump Announces 20% Tariff On Canadian Softwood Lumber Imports | ZeroHedge
- Populism and the Long-Term Debt Cycle | Financial Sense
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Sees "Decades Of Pain Ahead" Thanks To Internet Disruption | ZeroHedge
- Trade War Sparks Stock Surge Amid Biggest Short Squeeze Since Trump's Election | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Caterpillar posts dynamite earnings but warns of 'geopolitical and market uncertainty... | Business Insider
- EU lawmaker warns that Turkey cannot join the EU with new... | Business Insider
- Allianz goes for Lemonade | Business Insider
- How to get a refund from LuLaRoe for your ripped leggings | Business Insider
- The best martial arts for self-defense, according to a Navy SEAL | Business Insider
- Tucker Carlson applauds Bill O'Reilly on his first night in O'Reilly's time... | Business Insider
- Russia unveils its newest Arctic base | Business Insider