Number One Stock Pick for 2015: Google Inc
The winner for the stock to buy for 2015 is Google Inc (GOOG) or the non voting shares GOOGL. It's that simple.
It was one stock that made 3 out of the 4 big articles for 2015 stock picks. Recall the Top Stock Picks for 2015 (Barrons, MarketWatch, CNN Money, Kiplinger). Of those 4 popular articles Google was the clear winner. A quick plug into Finviz.com and we see that the average analyst covering the stock thinks it will gain 21% this year. It is also very close to its 52 week low, about 7% away. We expect more clowns to start drinking the 'Google is the stock to buy for 2015' kool-aid in the coming weeks.
|Ticker||Price||52wkHigh||52wkLow||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
Kiplinger - The article is by James K. Glassman's, he recommends AAPL, CRM, Rosetta Stone (RST), Novo Nordisk (NVO), GOOGL, CAB, Lockheed Martin (LMT), Fujifilm Holdings (FUJIY), Restoration Hardware (RH), and Twitter (TWTR).
In 2015, Will Danoff will celebrate a quarter-century at the helm of Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX), one of the best mutual funds in America. Its top holding, at 7% of assets, is Google (GOOGL). It now trades at a price-earnings ratio of 19, based on projected 2015 profits. That’s an attractive valuation for a great company whose earnings have been growing more than 20% a year.
Barrons 10 stocks for 2015 - Barron's goes to bat for GM, BAC, BA, AAL, GOOG, MU, RCL, GILD, and FLR.
Sorry Barron's makes you pay for their content. They did include it in their story and wait a week or two and it will be free on their website.
CNN Money - 7 top stocks to buy for 2015 - QCOM, GOOGL, WWAV, SEAS (yea that's right, SeaWorld)
Andrés Cardenal likes Google: Information is power and Google(Tech30)'s mission statement, "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful" says a lot about the company and the role it plays in times of chaotically abundant information. ,
Google is the undisputed king in online search; the company has a bigger market share than all its competitors combined. In addition, Google has built a massive portfolio of services and applications, including enormously valuable assets like Gmail, YouTube, and Chrome, to name a few remarkable examples. More than 80% of smartphones around the planet are powered by Android, so Google is in a position of strength to continue thriving under the mobile paradigm.
The company generates tons of cash flows from its leadership position in online advertising, and management is not shy at all when it comes to investing that money in the search for breakthrough innovations. From self-driving cars to biotechnology solutions to fighting human aging and associated diseases, Google has plenty of exciting projects with disruptive potential in its pipeline.
Investors are getting concerned about slowing revenue growth and rising expenses lately, and this may provide a buying opportunity in the online search giant. Google trades at a forward P/E ratio near 17.5, roughly in line with the S&P 500 Index. However, even during a "disappointing" third quarter, Google delivered a big increase of 20% in revenues, a level of performance which most companies in the index can only envy. Google has a lot of things going right and I think Google is a top stock to consider buying for 2015.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- World Out of Whack: Your Attention Please | ZeroHedge
- Here's a Reality Check For the People Losing Their Minds on Social Media | ZeroHedge
- Former Russian Lawmaker Shot Dead In Broad Daylight In Ukraine Capital | ZeroHedge
- Russophobia - Symptom Of US Implosion | ZeroHedge
- The Sad State Of America's Infrastructure In One Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Explains What Today's Failure To Repeal Obamacare Means For Markets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ex-Penn State president convicted of 1 count of child... | Business Insider
- Amy Schumer has dropped out of the Barbie movie | Business Insider
- Software that can understand images, sounds, and language is helping people with... | Business Insider
- Here's why you'll soon start seeing blurred photos on Instagram (FB) | Business Insider
- Senate Republicans just voted to give internet providers the green light to... | Business Insider
- How much cigarettes cost in the 10 most expensive cities in the world | Business Insider
- Former Homeland Security chief: ’Trump talks about winning — right now, Putin is winning... | Business Insider