Number One Pick for 2015 Hits new 52-week High (DIS)
The Walt Disney Company (DIS) shares are on a tear today. Up 4% thanks to the a new Star Wars movie announced 'Star Wars VIII", episode 8. We said we would buy it on Star Wars alone, we were right.
DIS shares are also jumping due to the new Frozen movie announcement. Dare we not forget that 'Frozen' is the billion dollar business and the highest grossing animated movie ever made and 5th highest grossing film of all time, with $1.219 billion worldwide.
The new Star Wars film is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Bob Iger revealed the title of the series’ first spin-off movie. That will be called Star Wars: Rogue One, with Felicity Jones confirmed to star and a release date of December 16, 2016.
The first 'new' Star Wars movie under Disney comes out Dec 18, 2015. Just in time for Christmas. The next time we get to see a new trailer for Ep. 7 comes next month. The next ‘Star Wars: Episode 7' trailer will indeed be attached to ‘The Avengers 2' next May. How about that a double whammy for Disney!
Disney shares hit $107.03 today, up 4% on the news.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The Fed About To Drop The MOAB On Wall Street? | ZeroHedge
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Can Macron Save The World? Save France? | ZeroHedge
- Russia Ready To Send Ground Troops To Syria: FARS | ZeroHedge
- Fannie Introduces "Innovative Solutions" Allowing Student-Debt-Laden Millennials To Buy A Home | ZeroHedge
- Breslow: "What We've Seen So Far This Week Has Been A Gap Repricing Without Any Price Discovery" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 25 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside young Silicon Valley's elite meeting about the soul of the entire global economy | Business Insider
- The best electric kettles you can buy for boiling water or brewing tea | Business Insider
- The Fed's leak scandal is giving ammunition to its... | Business Insider
- Trump's top alternative media backers defend their controversial actions by... | Business Insider
- 'It's not about the job title': A Marine explains how... | Business Insider
- These internet firsts will remind you how far we've come | Business Insider
- Palantir will shell out $1.7 million to... | Business Insider