Number One Pick for 2015 Hits new 52-week High (DIS)
The Walt Disney Company (DIS) shares are on a tear today. Up 4% thanks to the a new Star Wars movie announced 'Star Wars VIII", episode 8. We said we would buy it on Star Wars alone, we were right.
DIS shares are also jumping due to the new Frozen movie announcement. Dare we not forget that 'Frozen' is the billion dollar business and the highest grossing animated movie ever made and 5th highest grossing film of all time, with $1.219 billion worldwide.
The new Star Wars film is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Bob Iger revealed the title of the series’ first spin-off movie. That will be called Star Wars: Rogue One, with Felicity Jones confirmed to star and a release date of December 16, 2016.
The first 'new' Star Wars movie under Disney comes out Dec 18, 2015. Just in time for Christmas. The next time we get to see a new trailer for Ep. 7 comes next month. The next ‘Star Wars: Episode 7' trailer will indeed be attached to ‘The Avengers 2' next May. How about that a double whammy for Disney!
Disney shares hit $107.03 today, up 4% on the news.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Maher Shuts Down Conspiracy Theorist Louise Mensch And MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Over Islam – Twice! | ZeroHedge
- People Are Ditching Chicago In Record Numbers As Windy City Leads U.S. In Population Loss | ZeroHedge
- VIX Spikes To 2017 Highs, Stocks Suffer Worst Week In 6 Months As GOP Pulls Vote | ZeroHedge
- The Useful And The Useless | ZeroHedge
- US Crude Production Hits 13-Month Highs As Oil Rig Count Doubles Off May 2016 Lows | ZeroHedge
- "Germany’s Dumbest Bank" Makes $5.4 Billion Transfer In Error | ZeroHedge
- Former Attorney for George W. Bush, Richard Painter, Says Alt-Right Websites Are Guilty of Treason | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Theo Epstein on being named world's top leader: 'I can't even get... | Business Insider
- Laptop ban hits Dubai for 1.1 million weekend travelers | Business Insider
- French presidential poll finds... | Business Insider
- The NFL wants to speed up games and clean up the advertising — here is how | Business Insider
- THE REVERSE... | Business Insider
- I’ve been sleeping on the perfect sheets for the spring and summer, and I’ve... | Business Insider
- Health care is a grueling maze, especially for people facing mental illnesses | Business Insider