Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Exit the Dragon – China’s Debt Is Everyone’s Problem | Financial Sense
- Italy's Bank Bailout Fund Already One Third Empty After First Bank Rescue | ZeroHedge
- The Full Story Behind Bloomberg's Attempt To "Unmask" Zero Hedge | ZeroHedge
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
- The US Endgame? Creating A Climate That "Could Easily Be Transformed Into War" | ZeroHedge
- Let's Stop Pretending Nuclear Power Is Commercially Viable | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Fly Near Our Borders" - U.S. Spy Plane Again Intercepted By Russian Jet | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 22 Mother's Day gifts under $50 | Business Insider
- Hell and high water: Life in 'the world's most miserable country... | Business Insider
- 'I interviewed over 100 people at... | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, SPX, DJI, IXIC,... | Business Insider
- The face of the US Army has changed forever | Business Insider
- Why luxury watches cost so much money | Business Insider
- Why this type of stress might actually be good | Business Insider