Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When Shale Hedges Fail: The Downside Of Three-Ways | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Are Now Uncorking The Delirium Phase | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE | Financial Sense
- Panic-Buying Ends Abruptly As Credit & Crude Crumble | ZeroHedge
- The Stock 'Market' Just Broke Another Intriguing Record | ZeroHedge
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Liberty Property Trust (LPT) Announces $166... | StreetInsider.com
- Mainz hoping to catch Bayern in festive spirits | Business Insider
- Dirk Nowitzki Took A $15 Million Pay Cut, And Now He's The Lowest-Paid... | Business Insider
- The US Just Sanctioned Putin's Favorite Biker Gang | Business Insider
- Johnson the wrecker as India collapse in Gabba Test | Business Insider
- Good Sibling Relationships Come Down To These Factors | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel Is Taking Human Growth Hormone In Hopes Of Living To 120 | Business Insider