Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Panic-Buyers Spike Dow Over 200 Points At Open | ZeroHedge
- "Investors Have Completely Lost Faith In Deutsche Bank" A Top 10 Shareholder Admits | ZeroHedge
- What Kind of Power Will China Become? | Financial Sense
- The Economy In Pictures: We've Seen This All Before | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 154 – Russell Simmons: How to Earn Your Worth | Altucher Confidential
- Sweden Arrests 14 For Plotting To Attack Migrant House With Axes, Iron Pipes | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Volatility Spikes As "Exuberance Has Turned To Panic" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This analyst believes... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank's CEO says the bank is 'absolutely rock-solid... | Business Insider
- Zac Efron and Anna Kendrick are in a hilarious trailer for... | Business Insider
- Troy Carter: Tech should train minority talent like NBA players... | Business Insider
- Starbucks is opening upscale cafes where plain black coffee costs $4 | Business Insider
- A 12-year-old Syrian refugee wrote... | Business Insider
- Samantha Bee skewered gendered expectations in... | Business Insider