Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- German 2Y Yield Plunges To Record -0.95%: Citi Explains Why It Will Keep Dropping | ZeroHedge
- 45 Trillion Reasons Why Gary Cohn Has Recused Himself From All Goldman Matters | ZeroHedge
- Kansas City Fed Survey: February Activity Highest Since 2011 | Financial Sense
- Eight Reasons Why The Dutch Election Matters | ZeroHedge
- Pettis: Capital Flooding Into US as Global Trade Environment Deteriorates | Financial Sense
- China Moves to Put North Korea in Its Place | Financial Sense
- A Storm Is Brewing Over Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 things to do as soon as you realize you're about to be fired | Business Insider
- John Kasich uses airplane pilot metaphor to explain contentious relationship with Trump... | Business Insider
- US retailers are dropping Ivanka Trump's brand... | Business Insider
- Foot Locker's profit soared 12% this quarter — and its stock is... | Business Insider
- A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year... | Business Insider
- Trump echoes Steve Bannon in raucous nationalist speech to the biggest conservative... | Business Insider
- This is why all snowflakes have six sides | Business Insider