Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don’t Call It A Comeback | iBankCoin.com
- Snipers Are Commonly Used as “False Flag” Terrorists | ZeroHedge
- Gold And Silver Recover Putin "Fold" Losses | ZeroHedge
- POOF: REJOICEMENT IS OVER | iBankCoin.com
- Gold Price “Will Probably Test $1400” as Crimea Moves to Quit Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Did Today's Flow of Funds Report Predict the Fed's Next Confession? | ZeroHedge
- Watch As A US Missile Destroyer Departs Greece For The Black Sea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Britain's Prostitution Laws Are A Mess | Business Insider
- US Futures Flat, European Stocks Drift Lower Ahead Of Jobs Report | Business Insider
- PAYMENTS INSIDER: Target... | Business Insider
- NAKAMOTO ON FOUNDING BITCOIN: 'That's Not What I Meant' | Business Insider
- Go Inside A Tech CEO's $22 Million Mansion That's Entirely Controlled... | Business Insider
- A Chart You Should See: Fannie and Freddie | TheStreet.com
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/07: (SWY) (... | StreetInsider.com