Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- North Dakota Tribes, Activists Win After US Denies Permit Needed To Complete Dakota Access Pipeline | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Bear Case In 7 Steps: "We Are In The 98th Percentile Of Historical Valuations" | ZeroHedge
- A Visual History Of Population In America | ZeroHedge
- A Very Concise Explanation Of Why The Democrats Lost (And Will Keep Losing) | ZeroHedge
- "Meanwhile In Europe..." - The Big Day Arrives | ZeroHedge
- Apple Officially Enters Self-Driving Car Race | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mark Wahlberg: Why celebrities should never talk politics | Business Insider
- 20 gifts your mom actually wants this holiday season | Business Insider
- Here's every actress who's played Jackie Kennedy in movies and TV | Business Insider
- 'Polls might not be capable of predicting elections': How everyone blew it on... | Business Insider
- A conservative website is targeting professors and accusing them of... | Business Insider
- 12 gifts the modern gentleman actually wants this year | Business Insider
- The wages of construction workers could skyrocket... | Business Insider