Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gazprom Delighted By China Announcement Nat Gas Need To Soar By 150% In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- This Raises a Few Eyebrows | iBankCoin.com
- Banker Death 'Epidemic' Spreads To China | ZeroHedge
- A Street Fight Broke Out in the Metals | iBankCoin.com
- Biggest Credit Bubble in History Runs Out Of Time | ZeroHedge
- Quick Bounce Plays | iBankCoin.com
- Eyeing Pipeline, Russia Forgives North Korean Debt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bryan Cranston Explains Why We Love Watching Violent... | Business Insider
- Larry Page Tried To Sell Google... | Business Insider
- Zuckerberg Admits: 'Instagram Is A Few Years From Being An Important Business... | Business Insider
- Congressman Admits Congress Probably Won't Get... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- FCC Chairman Promises He's Not Trying To Ruin The Internet | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, AMZN, GM, KO, SBUX, P, UPS... | Business Insider