Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE DOGS OF HELL HAVE BEEN RELEASED ON VIX INSTRUMENT PRODUCT OWNERS | iBankCoin.com
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Latest Central Bank Sticksave Halts Futures Slide, Sends E-Mini Soaring After ECB Said "Looking To Buy Bonds" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- What Rout? Stocks Have Best Day In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Stop Smokin The Import Crack… | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Ready for Battle Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spanish Nurse Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider
- IBM Plunges Following Huge Third-Quarter Earnings Miss and Asset Sale | TheStreet.com
- Apple Says iCloud Servers Haven't Been Compromised Following... | Business Insider
- Pinterest Is Continuing To Roll Out More Ads — Here's What It Looks Like For... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- EMC Is Hosting A Special News Conference Thursday (EMC) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com