Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Denmark You Are Now Paid To Take Out A Mortgage | ZeroHedge
- As China's Offshore Yuan Crashes To A 2 Year Low, Beijing Warns Its Citizens: "Don't Buy Dollars" | ZeroHedge
- 16% Of Global Government Bonds Now Have A Negative Yield: Here Is Who's Buying It | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Invasion Of The "Zombie Crazies" | ZeroHedge
- Is the Dollar's Momentum Easing? Is Deeper Pullback in the Stock Market Likely? | ZeroHedge
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China bank says business 'normal' as chief... | Business Insider
- Serena wins first set of Australian Open final... | Business Insider
- Inside Hunt & Fish Club, Wall Street’s new favorite steakhouse | Business Insider
- 11 quotes that show Richard Sherman is America's greatest trash talker | Business Insider
- Attackers shine as Arsenal swamp Aston Villa | Business Insider
- Here's the data that proves Patriots fans take losses harder than everyone else | Business Insider
- The 'Cubitat' combines all the essentials of an apartment into a 10-foot cube | Business Insider