Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Threats | ZeroHedge
- Bush Vs. Obama - The Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Fourth Turning - Social & Cultural Distress Dividing The Nation | ZeroHedge
- Meet Captagon: The Drug Of Choice For Today's Anxious Jihadist | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Former CIA Deputy Director Gives A Stunning Reason Why Obama Has Not Attacked ISIS' Oil Infrastructure | ZeroHedge
- Inside The ISIS Propaganda Machine: An Up-Close Look At A Militant Media Strategy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boykin, No. 15 TCU beat No. 7 Baylor 28-21 in double OT | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Here's the Autumn Statement cheat sheet — one pie chart... | Business Insider
- This is the biggest shift going on in artificial... | Business Insider
- Burkina Faso holds 1st vote since popular uprising | Business Insider