Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What's The Difference Between Fascism, Communism And Crony-Capitalism? Nothing | ZeroHedge
- Industrial Production Growth Slows As Manufacturing Misses, Capacity Utilization Highest Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Lassonde: Gold Moving Sideways; Very Bullish on Natural Gas | Financial Sense
- Bomb Squad Arrives At Boston Marathon Finish Line To Investigate Unattended Bags | ZeroHedge
- Risk On, Regardless | Financial Sense
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- European Investors Rush To Safe-Havens - Italy/Spain Bond Yields At New Record Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Good-News Monday | TheStreet.com
- It's Time to Sell Yahoo | TheStreet.com
- A Top Executive Joined Payment Startup Clinkle, Then Quit 24 Hours Later —... | Business Insider
- German Media Mogul: I'm Afraid Of Google | Business Insider
- 27-Year-Old Soldier To Receive Medal Of Honor For Heroics During Hellish 16-Hour Afghan Battle... | Business Insider
- Call the Cops: Apple's About to Kill Android | TheStreet.com
- These Numbers Show That Box CEO Aaron Levie Is A Genius | Business Insider