Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Police Gas Student Protesters In Quebec | ZeroHedge
- Euro Zone "Danger Zone" - Greek Bank Runs and UK, Irish Property Prices Falling ... Again | ZeroHedge
- Dumb Money: 30% Of New Equity Investors In China Have Elementary Education Or Less, Bloomberg Says | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Then & Now (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Explaining The Latest War In The Middle East With One Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- El Nino is heating the ocean around California, but won't deliver the... | Business Insider
- Dominant Hamilton seeks Malaysian Grand Prix win | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 11 awesome Starbucks secret menu Frappuccinos | Business Insider