Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Don't Panic" German Minister Urges Population, Claims Surge In Attacks Has "No Link To Merkel Refugee Policy" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 25 | ZeroHedge
- Anti-US Sabotage Suspected After Massive Fire Breaks Out Near NATO Headquarters In Turkey | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- Blue Lives Matter: Is Police Exceptionalism Leading America Toward Second Civil War? | ZeroHedge
- A Post Western World? A Disturbing Interview With Prof. Harry Redner | ZeroHedge
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mortgage rates are rising but it's still a good time to... | Business Insider
- We asked a Navy SEAL what he ate during training, and his answer shocked us | Business Insider
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- The 'Game of Thrones' cast tried to predict what will happen at the... | Business Insider
- One dead, several injured in an explosion in Germany | Business Insider
- 'It's absurd': Trump campaign manager dismisses suggestions Trump... | Business Insider
- Drones are about to fill the skies within the next 5 years... | Business Insider