Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- Was The Government Lying Then, Or Now? | ZeroHedge
- Energy Markets: Significant Volatility and Deleveraging May Lie Ahead | Financial Sense
- Grant Williams: Why The Smart Money Is So Nervous Now | ZeroHedge
- 1987 Or 2015? The Gap Between Growth Expectations & Valuations Is "Ridiculous" | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Lira Tumbles To Record Low As Government Questions Central Bank's Patriotism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett defends Berkshire's conglomerate structure — and... | Business Insider
- Stopgap DHS funding fails in US House, midnight... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Tim Cook on privacy: 'We shouldn't give in to scare-mongering... | Business Insider
- International football board pushes back video... | Business Insider
- Djokovic earns Dubai showdown with Federer | Business Insider
- The craziest financial schemes that the Vatican Bank tried to cover up | Business Insider