Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The One Thing You Really Do Need | Altucher Confidential
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- OPEC Agrees On First Oil Production Cut Since 2008, But Biggest Question Remains Unanswered | ZeroHedge
- All This Market Calm Feels Like Mayhem | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: NJ Transit Commuter Train Crashes Into Hoboken Station: 1 Dead, 2 Critical, Up To 100 Injured | ZeroHedge
- You Want To Fix The Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Ford Focus RS is almost too much fun to drive (F) | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is resurfacing an old rumor that Google hides... | Business Insider
- A sleep doctor says there are 4 types of people — and these are the ideal daily... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton is up slightly in the first major poll after the debate | Business Insider
- Here's what Trump doesn't understand about Ford moving small-car production to... | Business Insider
- Facebook has shifted the focus of its ad tech platform Atlas and moved it into its... | Business Insider
- This boat lets you leap out of water just like a killer... | Business Insider