Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stock Market Getting Ready for a BIG Move; Risk to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Google’s DeepMind Wants to Enter the Grid | Financial Sense
- Italian Officials Call For Investigation Of Soros-Supported NGO Migrant Fleet | ZeroHedge
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
- Shiller's CAPE – Is There A Better Measure? | ZeroHedge
- Did The Government Spy On Trump? Ron Paul's Answer: "Of Course... It Spies On All Of Us!" | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta GDPNow Confirms “Hard” Data Still Disappointing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 26 fascinating things you never knew about Queen Elizabeth II | Business Insider
- Elon Musk has launched a company that hopes to link your brain... | Business Insider
- Trump is allowing 'blacklisted' federal contractors a second chance to work | Business Insider
- The FDA just approved a new drug to treat eczema... | Business Insider
- The Trump administration is judging itself on the wrong market | Business Insider
- Cortana now has access to the Android lock screen (GOOG) | Business Insider
- One of Wall Street's top firms just laid out everything you... | Business Insider