Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Why Bonds Aren't Dead & The Dollar Will Get Weaker | ZeroHedge
- Global Dash For Trash Hits An African Wall | ZeroHedge
- Theory of Interest and Prices in Paper Currency Part II (Mechanics) | Financial Sense
- This Crisis Will Be Over 30 Times Bigger Than Greece | ZeroHedge
- Yen Surges In Early Trading, Takes Out USDJPY 102 Stops | ZeroHedge
- All Japan, All the Time | Financial Sense
- What Did Obama Know About The IRS (And When)? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Big Bank Phobia: Liquidity, Stupid, Not Just Capital | TheStreet.com
- The 12 Best Japanese Restaurants In New York City | Business Insider
- Silver Is Just About Finished | Business Insider
- RG3 Criticized For Posting A Picture Of Wedding Gifts Purchased By Fans | Business Insider
- The Most Incorrect Prediction Of The Past 5 Years | Business Insider