Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Is Concerned: "The S&P Has Surged 6% Since The Election But 2017 EPS Forecasts Haven't Budged" | ZeroHedge
- The Real Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- Higher Interest Rates Good for Stocks | Financial Sense
- "Mainstream Mediasaurus" | ZeroHedge
- What Vice Costs - The World's Cheapest (& Most Expensive) Countries For Drugs, Booze, & Cigarettes | ZeroHedge
- Davos Elite Eat $40 Hot Dogs While "Struggling For Answers", Cowering in "Silent Fear" | ZeroHedge
- Three People Shot Following MLK Parade In Miami | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The rise of America's hottest... | Business Insider
- Millennials have no use for your mobile ads | Business Insider
- 'A... | Business Insider
- Spray this invisible, edible coating on produce and it will last five... | Business Insider
- For $8,000, this startup will fill your veins with the blood of young... | Business Insider
- The legendary A-10 looks like it's here to stay after being upgraded by the Air Force | Business Insider
- We got our hands on the $44,000 watch that only 352 people can own | Business Insider