Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Crude Prices Are Plunging (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Oil Markets Can’t Ignore The Fundamentals Forever | ZeroHedge
- Need To Manipulate Markets? Just Email The Bank Of England At email@example.com | ZeroHedge
- Greek Tragedies Are Classics No One Reads Anymore | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
- Today's Economic Data Enough To Push Q2 GDP By Whopping 0.1% To 0.8% | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 26 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's where your dead body is more likely to be cremated than buried | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Amber Alerts have already saved a child | Business Insider
- B.B. King death to be investigated as homicide | Business Insider
- Tim Armstrong will pocket $59 million from AOL sale (AOL, VZ) | Business Insider
- Shake Shack is getting smoked again (SHAK) | Business Insider
- Fire at China rest home kills 38, six injured | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com