Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japanese Government Squanders Pension Funds On Failed Stocks As Losses Reach $130 Billion In Past Year | ZeroHedge
- Joe Biden Humiliated In Turkish "Appeasement" As Erdogan Bombs US Allies In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- BleachBit Brags Of Wiping Hillary's Servers Clean With Claims It "Stifled FBI Investigation" | ZeroHedge
- Al Qaeda In Syria Changed Its Name And Now The US Is Arming Them | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of Hillary Clinton's Old Office | ZeroHedge
- "It May Take A Massive Program, Large Enough To Shock Taxpayers" - The Jackson Hole Post-Mortem | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 dinner party treats you can put together with only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes | Business Insider
- This trade has gotten completely out of hand | Business Insider
- These are the best flannel shirts you can buy right now | Business Insider
- The 15 most memorable MTV VMAs performances | Business Insider
- 5 secrets from the millionaires next door | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- RANKED: The 42 laziest dog breeds in America | Business Insider