Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Sell: $ZU | iBankCoin.com
- Europe’s Malaise: The New Normal? | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Slowdown Raises Concerns About Overall Economic Health | Financial Sense
- St. Louis County Justice Center On Lockdown, Besieged By Protesters | ZeroHedge
- St.Louis PD Release 'Suicide-By-Cop' Shooting Clip | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Obama's Frightening Ferguson Fiasco | ZeroHedge
- What Do Michelle Obama & Vladimir Putin Have In Common? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Market... | StreetInsider.com
- HOUSING STARTS SURGE | Business Insider
- The Feds Are Finally Going After One Of The Most Infamous Executives Of The... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- HP's Ongoing Layoffs Have Dragged Down Its Best Quarter In Three Years (HPQ) | Business Insider
- An American Investment Banker Fighting In Ukraine Was Killed In Battle | Business Insider
- European Markets Are Down, Asian Markets Are Up, Futures Are Down (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider