Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Biggest Short Squeeze In 4 Years Leads To Longest Winning Streak Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Amtrak Train Derails In Vermont, 4 Reported Injured | ZeroHedge
- Fortress Backs Hundred Million Dollar Subprime, Payday Lender Scheme: "He Has Peacock Feathers Tattooed Down His Left Arm" | ZeroHedge
- Jim Cramer Flip-Flops Back To Bullish Following 100 Point S&P Surge | ZeroHedge
- Silver Coin Premiums Soar Above 50% | ZeroHedge
- The Bond Market Isn't Buying The Euphoria In These Ten Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Is Overmedication The Culprit Behind America's Mass-Killing Spree? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Keuchel, Astros beat Yankees in AL wild-card game | Business Insider
- Take a look at the best new skyscraper in the world | Business Insider
- Cisco teams up with robot company so it can watch hundreds of robots on factory floors (CSCO) | Business Insider
- Pepsi got slammed by Venezuela (PEP) | Business Insider
- The secrets of Wall Street: slavery,... | Business Insider
- Texas inmate says he shouldn't die for $8 robbery,... | Business Insider
- AP PHOTOS: Kashmir's floating market reopens after... | Business Insider