Movie4k Goes Down Again: The End is Coming
It's not the first time and sure won't be the last. The popular 'illegal' streaming site Movie4K.to went offline this past week. Could Movie6K or Movie8K be the next iteration of the site?
On Dec 5th the streaming portal Movie4k was offline, only displaying a error message of "502 Bad Gateway". The internets is a buzz about the operators of Movie4K could finally be going down. That means Movie4K will only be around for a limited time. Most likely when the clowns that run Movie4K go down, the site comes with it.
This has to do with the German manhunt (launched in Oct) of four suspects that are believed to be behind a range of sites including Kino.to replacement Kinox.to, a pair of file-hosting sites, plus two linking forums and Movie4K.
While two people were arrested in Neuss and Dusseldorf, two brothers from a village near to the northern city of Lübeck evaded police and are said to be on the run. It is those two men who are now grabbing the headlines.
Police have just taken the somewhat unusual step of announcing a public manhunt for the brothers, publishing mugshots and their full names alongside details of their alleged crimes. This is something only usually carried out in exceptional and serious cases.
Pictured right is Kastriot Selimi. Born in 1989, the 25-year-old was born in Kosovo and later became a German citizen.
According to police he is one of the founders of the “criminal organization” behind Kinox, FreakShare and BitShare (In respect of BitShare, please see update at bottom of article).
Kastriot also has alleged connections to a range of other sites including stream4k.to, shared.sx, mygully.com and boerse.sx.
Kastriot Selimi’s alleged crimes include predatory blackmail, armed robbery, extortion, arson, copyright infringement and tax evasion. Police warn that he should be considered violent and could be armed.
Pictured right is Kreshnik Selimi. Born in 1992, the 21-year-old was born in Sweden and later became a German citizen. He is the younger brother of Kastriot.
Kreshnik is accused of founding and operating the same sites as his sibling and is covered by the same international arrest warrant. He is being classified as violent and police are warning the public that he too could be armed.
Kreshnik Selimi’s alleged crimes include predatory blackmail, armed robbery, extortion, arson, copyright infringement and tax evasion.
According to information received by German publication Spiegel, the arson and extortion charges relate to alleged crimes carried out by the brothers against one of their former or even current business partners.
A spokesperson for the prosecutor’s office earlier revealed that the brothers had “made great efforts” to get rid of their competitors in the piracy market. “Sometimes even a car burst into flames,” he said.
According to the Attorney General’s office the brothers have evaded 1.3 million euros in taxes, which suggests that overall revenues were in excess of 6.5 million euros. Even if that amount is overblown, it seems likely that the pair have considerable resources at their disposal.
The brothers’ whereabouts aside, the big mystery is why the sites named above are still in operation. All remain online, despite their alleged operators being subjected to an international manhunt.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee At Cantor Fitzgerald Conference | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Somehow The US Has Killed 70k ISIS Fighters - Twice As Many As It Says Exist | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Jump, Tied For Highest Since 2008 As Median Selling Price Rebounds | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Open It" - 9 Mexican States On Alert After Radioactive Material Stolen | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Tax Reform Plan: A Cheatsheet Of What Is Known, Leaked, And Is Still Unknown | ZeroHedge
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China may build a smog-eating 'forest city' filled with tree-covered... | Business Insider
- We asked Chef José André why he bailed on... | Business Insider
- Hollywood is dangerously close to being shut down by a writers' strike | Business Insider
- Kremlin denies Putin-linked think... | Business Insider
- Inside the insanely lavish Airbnb homes Drake and Lady Gaga stayed in for Coachella | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- JPMorgan just announced a big shakeup in its trading... | Business Insider