Lose Money Fast on Miner 3X ETFs (DUST, JDST, NUGT, JNUG)
Not the average investor hoping to catch a swing in the right direction. The miner and anti-miner ETFs and trade at 3X bullish or bearish are the following: Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3x Shares ETF (DUST) and Direxion Daily Junior Gold Miners Index Bear 3X Shares ETF (JDST), Direxion Shares Exchange Traded Fund Trust (NUGT), Direxion Shares Exchange Traded Fund Trust (JNUG). The only clear winner is the company that is running these ETFs -- Direxion.
I started watching these ETFs these past few weeks after losing and gaining some money with actual miner stocks. Finally got the sense to check out the miner ETFs and low and behold found these crazy 3X ETFs that gap 15 to 20% in either direction on a daily basis. What is the point of offering these types of investing "opportunities" to the daily trader if you don't have thousands, make that millions to burn?
Last week i noticed several 20,000 buys and sells coming through on the order book for these ETFs. Who the F can afford that? Who are the big money buyers and sellers?
I last talked about these ETFs in Betting Against the Miners has Banked Massive Coin
That's the thing, nobody covers these equities. Nobody. ETF Trends is about it. That's because nobody gives a crap about the miners. Until we see a clear indication they have bottomed stay away. Is Russia out to flatline them all then buy them up? We have nothing to go with but speculation that China and Russia are out to get the miners on the cheap. I'm with ZeroHedge on the miners, they are getting played for the benefit of China and Russia. That equates to a deady investment option for traders hoping to make up their 2014 profits. Looking to these ETFs for a Hail Mary pass is literally...
These ETFs scream "Danger Will Robinson" and then some.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Stay away from these 3X take your money ETFs by Direxion. Unless you have a clear indication of where the miner stocks are going to be don't touch these. If you think you can predict the daily swing of the miners then pony on up. But please don't bet the farm. A 3% allocation of your assets is the maximum I would ever think about.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
- The Useful And The Useless | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right Again: Israeli Teenager Arrested Over Phone Threats To Jewish Community Centers | ZeroHedge
- Trump On What Happens Next: "Obamacare Will Explode" | ZeroHedge
- Will Sean Spicer Announce A Delay On The Vote During Today's Presser? - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- What’s Preventing the Dow From Exploding? | Financial Sense
- China Bans Buying Of Hong Kong Property On Credit Cards | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk: Teslas are not named like iPhones, and any confusion is... | Business Insider
- It is looking more and more like Johnny Manziel will soon be back in the NFL | Business Insider
- Inside Drake's $8 million mansion with a pool that puts Hugh Hefner to shame | Business Insider
- 15 of the best tech purchases we've ever made | Business Insider
- 'You don't haul somebody overseas': Ex CIA director says... | Business Insider
- Hardline conservatives are demanding 'Trumpcare... | Business Insider
- One chart shows the huge amount of money Apple is spending to buy its own stock (... | Business Insider