I want $2.2 Billion from Chipotle: For a Picture
You can't make this crap up. Someone from Sacramento is suing Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) for not approving of her picture to be used in a in-store wall mural. The asking price? $2.2 billion. That's right billion, not million or thousands. Jesus C.
Forget about CMG shares getting one buck higher as we wrote about earlier today. This latest headline isn't e Coli problems for CMG but a picture used without consent.
The California woman claims that she then saw her image used on a wall in a Chipotle in Florida 8 years later and also at Chipotle restaurants in California in 2015. But just now getting around to a lawsuit?
In her suit, she's asking for $2,237,633,000 in damages. Best apart about it: the victim of this crime Leah Caldwell is representing herself.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putting It All Together... | ZeroHedge
- Up-Ending The Fed - Can Trump Reshape The Most Powerful Central Bank In The World? | ZeroHedge
- Blockchain, Fiat Currencies, and the Fall of Monopolies | Financial Sense
- The 5×5 Rule | Altucher Confidential
- New Rules Force Banks To Charge For Research; Hedge Funds Push Back: "We Won't Pay For Crap" | ZeroHedge
- Musk's SpaceX Will Send Two Private Citizens On A Trip Around The Moon In 2018 | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to turn down an assignment from your boss without looking... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led airstrike pound a building in Syria days before... | Business Insider
- UK's new clearing bank unveils model | Business Insider
- A CEO and former Googler shares her 2 favorite job interview questions | Business Insider
- These are the best raincoats this spring | Business Insider
- The 2 women charged with murdering Kim Jong Un's... | Business Insider
- Companies are cashing in on chat apps | Business Insider