I want $2.2 Billion from Chipotle: For a Picture
You can't make this crap up. Someone from Sacramento is suing Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) for not approving of her picture to be used in a in-store wall mural. The asking price? $2.2 billion. That's right billion, not million or thousands. Jesus C.
Forget about CMG shares getting one buck higher as we wrote about earlier today. This latest headline isn't e Coli problems for CMG but a picture used without consent.
The California woman claims that she then saw her image used on a wall in a Chipotle in Florida 8 years later and also at Chipotle restaurants in California in 2015. But just now getting around to a lawsuit?
In her suit, she's asking for $2,237,633,000 in damages. Best apart about it: the victim of this crime Leah Caldwell is representing herself.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Twitter Surges After Beating Expectations, MAUs Jump Despite Revenue Slowdown: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Trader: Trump Tax Plan Likely To Send S&P To New Record Highs "No Matter What He Says" | ZeroHedge
- Macron Booed, Jeered By Factory Workers In His Hometown After Le Pen "Ambush" | ZeroHedge
- Flipper-In-Chief: Trump Caves On Obamacare Subsidies To Avoid Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- WTI/RBOB Jump On Largest Crude Draw In 2017 Offset By Major Product Build, Rising Production | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Steel Crashes After Slashing Guidance By More Than 50% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 beaches to see in your lifetime | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' star Kevin O'Leary drops out of... | Business Insider
- Durable goods orders rise less than expected in March | Business Insider
- We visited Korean Air’s 'Prestige Class' lounge — here’... | Business Insider
- I tried Facebook in virtual reality and I’m not... | Business Insider
- Facebook tracks scary-specific details about your life... | Business Insider
- 8 minor changes that will make your work and life more enjoyable | Business Insider