High Frequency Trading Kills Oct 13th Session
The major indexes (Dow Jones, S&P 500, NASDAQ) all got killed in the final half hour of trading today. What's to blame? High frequency trading. Get it the shit out of here and stop destroying the average Joe investor.
There is no other explanation. The robots were trying to out do each other, massive volume and down we go. Thank you ZeroHedge for some proof of today's poision that killed stocks.
A big trade triggered other robots to sell. I'm sure this documented trade was just one of many that sent stocks to their death today in the last 1/2 hour of trading. Bullshit. I'm sure these same robots will spike the market in the other direction come tomorrow.
At 1532ET today (Columbus Day - with half the market absent), someone - apparently having waited to see if the almost 'ubiquitous' 330pm Ramp would occur - decided it was time to dump three-quarters of a billion dollars notional of US equity market exposure in 1 second. The results of this forced liquidation (or utter disregard for fiduciary duty) were as follows...
A complete collapse of all liquidity in the S&P 500 e-mini futures contract - the world's most liquid equity exposure vehicle...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Violent Antifa Assault On Jack Posobiec Captured On Camera - Along With Probation Violating Ping Pong Plotter Luke Kuhn! | ZeroHedge
- An "Increasingly Worried" Chinese President Tells Trump To "Exercise Restraint" Over N.Korea | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Are Plunging | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Stock Market at a Major Inflection Point? | Financial Sense
- Krieger: The American Empire Under Trump Has Become Increasingly Desperate, Dangerous, & Insecure | ZeroHedge
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon is discounting thousands of their warehouse deals for Earth Day — here... | Business Insider
- This dryer dries clothes in half the time with no heat — and it could... | Business Insider
- Chinese jihadis' growing presence in Syria is stoking... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- A stock market behemoth is looking to invest millions in new startups (NDAQ) | Business Insider
- Former Air Force data... | Business Insider