High Frequency Trading Kills Oct 13th Session
The major indexes (Dow Jones, S&P 500, NASDAQ) all got killed in the final half hour of trading today. What's to blame? High frequency trading. Get it the shit out of here and stop destroying the average Joe investor.
There is no other explanation. The robots were trying to out do each other, massive volume and down we go. Thank you ZeroHedge for some proof of today's poision that killed stocks.
A big trade triggered other robots to sell. I'm sure this documented trade was just one of many that sent stocks to their death today in the last 1/2 hour of trading. Bullshit. I'm sure these same robots will spike the market in the other direction come tomorrow.
At 1532ET today (Columbus Day - with half the market absent), someone - apparently having waited to see if the almost 'ubiquitous' 330pm Ramp would occur - decided it was time to dump three-quarters of a billion dollars notional of US equity market exposure in 1 second. The results of this forced liquidation (or utter disregard for fiduciary duty) were as follows...
A complete collapse of all liquidity in the S&P 500 e-mini futures contract - the world's most liquid equity exposure vehicle...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Unexpectedly Cuts Interest Rates For The First Time In Seven Months | ZeroHedge
- 'Soft' Data Slammed: US Services, Manufacturing PMIs Plunge To 6-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- World Out of Whack: Your Attention Please | ZeroHedge
- Ignore This Chart | ZeroHedge
- China's Largest Dairy Operator Suddenly Crashes 90% To Record Low, Muddy Waters Says "Worth Close To Zero" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Talks Truthiness: "Hey Look, I'm The President, And You're Not" | ZeroHedge
- Scientists Warn That The Coming California Megaquake Could Plunge Large Portions Of The State Into The Ocean | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The eSports competitive video gaming market continues to grow revenues &... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- People on Twitter are mocking Trump for pretending to drive a big rig truck | Business Insider
- Anne Frank Center needles Trump after arrest of Jewish community bomb threat... | Business Insider
- Check out the abandoned New Jersey military base where a... | Business Insider
- A psychologist reveals the 7 empathetic... | Business Insider
- This upgrade will extend the life of your MacBook Air for years | Business Insider