The Hedge Fund Buying of Advanced Micro Devices
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) had a terrible week losing almost 9% in market cap. It entered the weekend at an all-time low trading well under $2. So who cares?
Via InsiderMonkey.com -- hedge fund sentiment is positive for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD), with 15 hedge fund investors holding $36.33 million of the company’s shares on March 31 compared to holdings of $28.34 million from 12 investors on December 31. David E. Shaw’s D. E. Shaw is among the primary stakeholders of the chipmaker, investing $13.00 million in the company through ownership of 4.85 million shares. Insiders have not made any open market sales or purchases over the past six months in either company. Some of the common hedge fund investors with positions in both Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) include D E Shaw, Cliff Asness’ AQR Capital Management, and Ken Griffin’s Citadel Investment Group.
Read more at
AMD lost 4% on Friday and YTD its down 33%. Could this hedge fund buying be worth something?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch These Geopolitical Flashpoints Carefully | ZeroHedge
- The Best Way To Learn About Stocks… | Altucher Confidential
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
- GOP Lawmaker: "If I Were A Betting Man, I'd Say There Won't Be A Vote Today" | ZeroHedge
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
- Vote Fiasco Leads To Longest Dow Losing Streak Since Election, VIX At 2017 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This 90-year-old... | Business Insider
- Walmart's latest move confirms the death of the American middle... | Business Insider
- Amazon has a new weapon in its war on brick-and-... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk is 'not smiling' about the government's big new plan for NASA | Business Insider
- Children who eat too much sugar are developing diseases that only... | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- 5 survival myths that could get you killed | Business Insider