The Hedge Fund Buying of Advanced Micro Devices
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) had a terrible week losing almost 9% in market cap. It entered the weekend at an all-time low trading well under $2. So who cares?
Via InsiderMonkey.com -- hedge fund sentiment is positive for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD), with 15 hedge fund investors holding $36.33 million of the company’s shares on March 31 compared to holdings of $28.34 million from 12 investors on December 31. David E. Shaw’s D. E. Shaw is among the primary stakeholders of the chipmaker, investing $13.00 million in the company through ownership of 4.85 million shares. Insiders have not made any open market sales or purchases over the past six months in either company. Some of the common hedge fund investors with positions in both Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) include D E Shaw, Cliff Asness’ AQR Capital Management, and Ken Griffin’s Citadel Investment Group.
Read more at
AMD lost 4% on Friday and YTD its down 33%. Could this hedge fund buying be worth something?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Trump’s Next 100 Days Will Look Like | Financial Sense
- Stocks Dazed After Trump NAFTA Flop, Tax Plan Disappointment; ECB Looms | ZeroHedge
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- North Korea Releases Video Simulating War With The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- BofA Capitulates: "The Trump Put Is Over", It's Time To Sell Small Caps | ZeroHedge
- No Roads Needed: Google-Backed Flying Cars For Sale By End Of 2017 | ZeroHedge
- US, UK Both Drop In Latest 'World Press Freedom Index' Rankings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'If it flies, it... | Business Insider
- Iraqi paramilitaries have cut off more of... | Business Insider
- This adorable device might be the world’s smallest... | Business Insider
- It's time for a reality check on Microsoft's grand... | Business Insider
- I learned how to control a screen with my mind, and the strange technique could... | Business Insider
- Dwyane Wade plays embarrassingly lackluster defense during Bulls' critical Game... | Business Insider
- JOHN KASICH: The United Airlines fiasco went viral because it showed exactly what... | Business Insider