Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Happens When the Electricity Is Off for Three Days? | Financial Sense
- Russia Wants To Monitor "Rigged" US Presidential Elections | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Jump Most In Over 5 Months Off 43 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- Trump Brings "Large Scale Voter Fraud" To Forefront As Media Bashes "Threat To Democracy" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Pledges To Accept Election Day Result, If... | ZeroHedge
- Huge Crude Inventory Build Sees Oil Fall Below $50 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the things we can't get enough of this week | Business Insider
- This startup makes some of the most impressive and affordable cashmere... | Business Insider
- The AP fact-checked the debate — here's the verdict | Business Insider
- 11 things metals investors should know about zinc | Business Insider
- Inside an eerie California gold rush town that laid abandoned for 70 years | Business Insider
- A psychologist reveals why weighing the good and bad sides of an idea can... | Business Insider
- 2 simple shopping tricks the wealthy use to save money | Business Insider