Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NATO To Deploy Tanks In Eastern Europe Shortly After VP Of Europarliament Says Ukraine-Russia War Imminent | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Oil Prices Collapse After OPEC Keeps Oil Production Unchanged - Live Conference Feed | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Is A 6,000 Year Old Bubble" - Citi's Dutch Strategist Throws Up All Over Gold, Days After Dutch Gold Repatriation | ZeroHedge
- "There Will Be Blood": Petrodollar Death Means A Liquidity And Oil-Exporting Crisis On Deck | ZeroHedge
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- S&P 500 Set for Six Straight Weeks of Gains as Airlines Fly | TheStreet.com
- The Single Biggest Way Shoppers Are Being Manipulated | Business Insider
- Tracy Morgan's Lawyer Says The Comedian May Never Be The Same | Business Insider
- Microsoft’s ComScore Numbers Have Been Changed To Hide A Massive Traffic Collapse (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Here's How Low Oil Prices Put The World Economy At Risk In The Longer... | Business Insider
- South Korea current account surplus expands in October | Business Insider
- Pele in 'special care' as condition worsens -... | Business Insider