Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Obama The Great, The One True Indispensable Chief Of The NWO | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed's Comfort Zone (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Ready for Battle Today | iBankCoin.com
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- 19 Surprising Facts About The Messed Up State Of The US Economy | ZeroHedge
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella On Equality In The Workplace: 'This Is A Real... | Business Insider
- Apple reports $8.5 bn profit, revenue jumps to $42.1 bn | Business Insider
- Mourinho furious with Spain after Costa breaks down | Business Insider
- Marc Andreessen Slams Paul Krugman's Attack On Amazon | Business Insider
- In November, Tinder Will Start Trying To Make Money By Charging Users For A... | Business Insider
- Why Coffee Tastes So Good | Business Insider
- European Markets Are Mixed After An Asian Rally | Business Insider