Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- "When Hillary Gets Scared, She Plays The Russia Card" | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Reacts To Sept. 11 Bill Veto Override | ZeroHedge
- Virtue Signaling, or … Why Clinton Is in Trouble | Financial Sense
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- Here Are The Best Scream Fests From Today's John Stumpf Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank CEO Writes Memo To Employees, Blames "Speculators", Confirms Liquidity Flight | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The FDA gives out 'Willy Wonka golden tickets' to fast-track new drugs for kids... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider
- 'Sexist tweets & disgusting lies': Elizabeth Warren rips Donald... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- The craziest fans at the Ryder Cup | Business Insider
- What 5 successful business leaders wish they'd known about money in their 20s | Business Insider
- 4 health benefits of coffee, the most commonly used psychoactive drug in the world | Business Insider