Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Journalist Banned From Media After Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Spike, Erase Italy Vote Losses | ZeroHedge
- Black American Confidence Collapses Post-Trump, Whites At 11-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Trump About To Preside Over New Global Financial Crisis: "Not His Fault, Merely His Misfortune" | ZeroHedge
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
- Chinese Driven Vancouver Housing Bubble Moves To Seattle - "This Is Vancouver 2.0" | ZeroHedge
- Global Equity Euphoria Prepares To Meet Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NASA just unveiled its new climate mission — but Trump could put it at... | Business Insider
- A short seller tweeted that Trump could crush a healthcare company, and now... | Business Insider
- Chipotle's CEO made a stunning admission about a grave problem... | Business Insider
- Trump could privatize air traffic controllers in the US — but... | Business Insider
- Court blocks New York City from discarding... | Business Insider
- IBM to use AI to help banks with cybersecurity (IBM) | Business Insider
- Here's where America’s 'first... | Business Insider