Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Are The Most Shorted S&P And Russell Stocks (Yes, Trulia Is One Of Them) | ZeroHedge
- "Reprehensible" Lloyds Bank Agrees To $105 Million Wristslap For Manipulating Libor | ZeroHedge
- New Long(s) | iBankCoin.com
- Behold The New Normal Definition Of "Confidence" | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Capital Humiliated After First Facebook And Now Twitter Surge Higher: TWTR's Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Futures Levitate As FOMC Begins Two-Day Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Doing Channel Checks Into El Pollo Loco | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bank Of America Is The Most Complained-About Bank In The US | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer: El Pollo Loco Shares Still Have Room to Move Higher | TheStreet.com
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- America's Poorest Shoppers Are Putting Discount Stores Out Of Business | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- A Tanker Carrying Kurdish Crude Is Doing Donuts In The Gulf Of Mexico After A US Judge... | Business Insider
- EL POLLO LOCO CLOSES UP 43% (LOCO, CMG) | Business Insider