Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "There Are Obvious Signs Of Distress" In The Manufacturing Industry | ZeroHedge
- US Equity Futures Give Up Early Gains, Nasdaq Biggest Loser | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor: How To Use A Fax Machine | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Greek Contagion Risk | Financial Sense
- NYSE Margin Debt: A 1.6% Decline From Last Month's Record High | Financial Sense
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- What It All Comes Down To On Sunday | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Etsy shares have plunged to an all-time low (ETSY) | Business Insider
- Japan pledges $6.1 bln aid to 'Mekong Five'... | Business Insider
- Greece is having NO effect on Europe's economy | Business Insider
- Greek PM seeks 30% debt haircut, grace period for 20 years... | Business Insider
- Federer into Wimbledon third round | Business Insider
- European stock markets slip awaiting Greek vote | Business Insider
- Apple is going to solve one of the biggest problems with the Apple Watch — battery... | Business Insider