Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End | Financial Sense
- "First The Deflation - Then The Inflation" | ZeroHedge
- It’s Always Darkest Before the Dawn – Significant Market Bottom Likely in the Spring | Financial Sense
- John McCain Threatens Anti-Kissinger Protesters With Arrest, Calls Them "Low-Life Scum" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Jan 29, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
- Market Wrap: Treasury-Equity Reallocation Trade Pushes Futures Lower, 10 Year Rises To 1.72% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The President Of A Financial Firm Slammed An 'Offensive' Leaked White... | Business Insider
- Apple's earnings report was *too good*. People don't think Apple can beat... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Jobless... | StreetInsider.com
- Chadian aircraft 'bomb Nigerian town in anti-Boko... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 1/30: (VRX)/(... | StreetInsider.com
- Minnesota Timberwolves release welcome home video for Cavs game that... | Business Insider
- Pepsi Tells Us Why A Super Bowl Ad Should Never Just Be A One-Off | Business Insider