Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What America's Companies Really Think | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands After Losing Its AAA Credit Rating | Financial Sense
- The 5×5 Trick To Make Life Better | Altucher Confidential
- The Stuka | Financial Sense
- Weekly Sentiment Report: The Biggest Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Five Lunch Options for This Market Dip | iBankCoin.com
- Speaker Boehner Explains The Budget "Deal" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Judge Says Lazy, Unethical Prosecutors Across America Are Breaking A Basic Rule... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's 'Masters Of The Universe' Have Had It With Everyone In... | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIGHTS: In The US, Smartphone... | Business Insider
- These 9 Mobile Game Companies Got Over $100 Million In Sales In 2013 | Business Insider
- Apple Isn't Anywhere Near The Best Tech Company To Work For, According To Employees... | Business Insider
- There's A New Social Network That's Already The Number One App On iPhone | Business Insider
- Chris Paul's Son Steals Blake Griffin's Locker In A New Foot Locker... | Business Insider