Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Moldova's Transnistria Region "Approves" Appeal To Russia For Independence | ZeroHedge
- Current Holdings | iBankCoin.com
- About That "Strong" March Retail Sales "Bounce": Good Thing Summer's Coming! | ZeroHedge
- The Ratings Industry Is A Stupid Place | iBankCoin.com
- Weibo Opens Way Below IPO Price | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says Russia Will Respond To NATO Moves, Accuses Kiev Of Plunging Ukraine Into "Abyss" | ZeroHedge
- It's Op-Ex Day, And The Buying Panic Is Late | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Military Judge Orders CIA To Turn Over Details On 'Black Site' Prisons | Business Insider
- It's Time to Sell Yahoo | TheStreet.com
- The First Thing You Need To Figure Out To Be A Good Trader | Business Insider
- The Retail 'Point-of-Sale' Is At The Center Of A Huge Battle To... | Business Insider
- How The Suburbs Are Trying To Lure Young People | Business Insider
- Q&A: Flint Mobile CEO Greg... | Business Insider
- Nissan Turns Up the Heat in the Electric Car Race | TheStreet.com