Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Giulio Meotti: Islam, Not Christianity, Is Saturating Europe | ZeroHedge
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
- How The "Trump Trades" Have Mutated Over Time, In Pictures | ZeroHedge
- Here's The Story Behind Trump's Podesta-Russia Tweet | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures Fade Overnight Gains As Euro Slides; China Stumbles | ZeroHedge
- Strong markets struggling at breakout levels of late | ZeroHedge
- George W. Bush On Trump's Inauguration: "That Was Some Weird Shit" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most work emails are opened within 6 seconds — here's how it affects your productivity | Business Insider
- Environmental groups are preparing to go to court to fight... | Business Insider
- 11 sentences to avoid saying to your boss at all costs | Business Insider
- Trump suggests he may 'change libel laws' in tweet attacking New York Times | Business Insider
- It looks like Amazon's ambitions for Australia are bigger than anyone... | Business Insider
- THE CHATBOT MONETIZATION REPORT: Sizing the market, key... | Business Insider
- Trump's attacks on the House Freedom Caucus force his... | Business Insider