Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Inheritance | Financial Sense
- The Oil Production Cuts Are Purely Symbolic Marketing Trickery (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey Warns "Every American Needs To Be Concerned Right Now" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: "All Our Clients Are Confused And Unsettled" | ZeroHedge
- National Park Service BTFO: Cucked Agency Ordered to Cease Using Twitter After Mocking Trump Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- Improving the (Mole) Economy One Broken Window at a Time | ZeroHedge
- Secular Shift in Interest Rates? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu to speak with... | Business Insider
- The 'Deploraball' bash laid bare the fractious tension between the 'new right... | Business Insider
- MNUCHIN: The US may need 'a 21st century version' of... | Business Insider
- The 9 biggest marches and protests in American history | Business Insider
- Citigroup is finally be shutting down its 'bad bank' — 8 years... | Business Insider
- 25 of the worst US cities for credit card debt | Business Insider
- Trump addresses the CIA: 'I am with you 1,000%' | Business Insider