Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Near All Time High Despite 16 Straight Week Of US Mutual Fund Outflows, Historic "Redemption Day" | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Tumbles, Stabilizes After Reuters Report China Willing To Weaken Currency To 6.80 | ZeroHedge
- How To 'Win' 91% Of The Time When Trading Oil | ZeroHedge
- Pershing Square Lays Off More Than 10% Of Employees | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Rebounds in June | Financial Sense
- ISIS Mastermind Behind Istanbul Terrorist Attack Was A "Refugee" Protected By Europe | ZeroHedge
- US Shale Producers Just Won Their Biggest Legal Case in Years | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sony's new desktop speakers are the best I've ever heard | Business Insider
- The best iPhone notes app has been hiding under your nose | Business Insider
- These are all the Fourth of July sales you should know about | Business Insider
- 'Not what I’d call a Republican': Prominent GOP Trump critic explains... | Business Insider
- Manufacturing expanded faster than expected in June | Business Insider
- Synchrony invests in digital receipts (SYF) | Business Insider
- Microsoft bought LinkedIn because the robots are coming for your jobs (MSFT... | Business Insider