Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Years Later, TEPCO Still Can't Locate 600 Tons Of Melted Radioactive Fuel | ZeroHedge
- Austria Launches Probe Into Alleged Presidential Election Postal Vote Fraud | ZeroHedge
- First "Shocking" Deposition In Clinton Email Case Reveals She Did Not Use A Password | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Trump Decides He Won't Debate Bernie, Says "Inappropriate To Debate Second Place Finisher" | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Are The Bulls Back? | ZeroHedge
- Oregon Senator Warns - Government Is Dramatically Expanding Its Hacking & Surveillance Authority | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Save $30 on an excellent pair of Bose earbuds — and more of... | Business Insider
- What it's like to fly on Spirit Airlines, the most hated airline in America... | Business Insider
- Lenovo is not happy with its purchase of Motorola from Google... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Baylor fires football coach after accusations that school covered up sexual-assault allegations... | Business Insider