Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Will Pay Turkey €3 Billion To Halt Refugee Exodus | ZeroHedge
- Fashion Company SQBG Tries To Crush Shorts, Force Squeeze After Chairman Urges Investors To Pull Borrow | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Rages At The "Arrogance, Hubris, & Stupidity" Of The US Government | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Plummets To 48.7, Below Lowest Estimate | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Chinese Buyers Have Left The U.S. Housing Market | ZeroHedge
- Are These The Tankers Bilal Erdogan Uses To Transport ISIS Oil? | ZeroHedge
- 'Unpatriotic' Ford Agrees Union Deal To Offshore American Jobs And Hire Low-Paid Workers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 of the most incredible spy gadgets from CIA history | Business Insider
- Wearing skinny jeans could be really bad for your health | Business Insider
- Report: Clashes between govt., rebels kill 30 in Congo | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Cyber Monday sales still on top, but losing some luster | Business Insider
- AP source: Bonds in talks to become Marlins hitting coach... | Business Insider
- Japan industrial output, retail spending lag expectations... | Business Insider