Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Won't Recognize Crimea Referendum Results (And 3 Awkward Questions For West's Liberals) | ZeroHedge
- An Interesting Quirk to Consider | iBankCoin.com
- Overnight Carry-Driven Futures Ramp Pushes Stocks Just Shy Of New Record | ZeroHedge
- Feds Subpoena Port Authority Records As Christie Probe Deepens | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Hussman Warns S&P 500 Over-Valuation Now Higher Than Housing In 2006 | ZeroHedge
- A Tale Of Two Bubbles | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Three Notable Things Are Happening In Asian Trading Right Now | Business Insider
- Here's The Mind-Blowing Cosmic Calendar From Tonight's Cosmos Premiere | Business Insider
- T-Mobile Raised Prices, AT&T Lowered Them | Business Insider
- How North Korean News Media Covered Kim Jong Un's Gigantic... | Business Insider
- The Bitcoin Middle Ground That Nobody Wants To Hear | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Spoofs 'Scandal' On 'SNL' | Business Insider
- Get Excited For The Cosmos Premier With These Incredible Images Of The Universe | Business Insider