Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Collapsing Economy, Japanese PMI Surges To 5-Month High; China PMI Tumbles, Misses By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
- Futures Flat With All Headline-Scanning Algo Eyes On Today's FOMC Minutes | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain Why We're Gonna Need Moar Airstrikes In Iraq - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Beheads Captured American Journalist, Threatens To Kill Another | ZeroHedge
- Prepare For the Grande Finale | iBankCoin.com
- Why The Casino Is Dangerous: There Is Nothing Below | ZeroHedge
- Russia Shuts Moscow McDonalds Due To "Sanitary Breaches" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Big Data' Is One Of The Biggest Buzzwords In Tech That No One Has Figured... | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board (MSFT) | Business Insider
- You Can Now Get A Dirt Cheap iPhone 5s And A Nearly Free iPhone 5c At Wal-Mart... | Business Insider
- The iPhone 6 Could Have A Protruding Camera Lens That Might Make It... | Business Insider
- This Map Explains Why The War In Gaza Is Unlikely To Restart Any... | Business Insider
- A Startup Named 'Rabbit' Thinks That... | Business Insider
- Health Results Of An Asian Noodle Study Inspired Interesting Reactions From College... | Business Insider