Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- They Call Them Junk Bonds For A Reason... | ZeroHedge
- The Biggest Energy Trading Disaster In History | ZeroHedge
- As Bearish Russell 2000 Bets Hit 3 Year High, Here Is How Hedge Funds Are Doing In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Quacking Loudly Today | iBankCoin.com
- Positive Start to Q2 Earnings | Financial Sense
- Bill Ackman's "Most Important Death-Blow-For-Herbalife Presentation Ever" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: What The Press Isn't Reporting About The MH17 Disaster | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Upgrades for Allergan and Chipotle, Amazon Downgraded | TheStreet.com
- The New Yorker Is Temporarily Making All Of Its Archives Free — Here Are 8 Stories... | Business Insider
- U.S. Stocks Rebound on Encouraging Earnings and Economic Data | TheStreet.com
- JetBlue Pilot Arrested For Alleged Heroin Possession | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Netflix Reports A Perfectly In-Line Quarter, And Stock Does Nothing In Reaction (NFLX) | Business Insider
- A New Apple Patent Called ‘iTime’ Might Hint At What’s Coming For The iWatch | Business Insider