Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Fizzle After Greece "Hammered" In Riga, Varoufakis Accused Of Being "A Time-Waster, Gambler, Amateur" | ZeroHedge
- S&P Earnings Pass Halfway Mark | Financial Sense
- Notable Developments in Gold | ZeroHedge
- Why Nav Sarao Had To Be Destroyed: He Found A Way To Beat The HFTs At Their Own Game | ZeroHedge
- These Two Assets Show Us a Crash is Coming | ZeroHedge
- 8 Charts That Prove The US Is Already In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- Deja Deja Deja Deja Vu For Mysterious US Bond Seller | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 'Fast and Furious 8' set for 2017 release | Business Insider
- 9 surprising tips for getting ahead in your career | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Turn's CEO Bill Demas is out and sources say the ad-tech company has cash issues | Business Insider
- This blog called 'I Saw Your Nanny' lets people anonymously rat out caretakers they see... | Business Insider
- People are already testing how long the Apple Watch can survive underwater (... | Business Insider