Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "HY Primary Markets Are All But Shut" - What Keeps BofA's Junk Bond Analyst Up At Night | ZeroHedge
- New ETFs Directory with Category Lists and Simple Search | FundMyMutualFund
- US Factory Orders Slide For 14 Consecutive Months As Inventory Ratio Soars To Recession Cycle Highs | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe's Great Experiment Is Failing | Financial Sense
- Explaining Today's Collapse In US Worker Productivity | ZeroHedge
- Pictures From Obama's First Mosque Trip: "Islam Has Always Been A Part Of America" | ZeroHedge
- Shkreli Declares War On Congress: Moments After Pleading The Fifth, He Calls Reps "Imbeciles" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Real-estate experts say these will be the 10 hottest US neighborhoods in 2016 | Business Insider
- The best shows to binge-watch right now according to TV stars | Business Insider
- Why BMI is BS | Business Insider
- Apple has started selling the View-Master virtual reality... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Sylvester Stallone shows off incredible behind-the-scenes photos from... | Business Insider
- PHOTOS: Here's all the... | Business Insider