Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Parrot Is Finally Dead: The Economist Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Is It All About Ebola After All? | ZeroHedge
- Let Oil Be Your Guide | iBankCoin.com
- US Manufacturing PMI Tumbles, Biggest Miss In 14 Months | ZeroHedge
- GLOBAL GROWTH IS BACK | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Bounce On Stronger Europe Headline PMIs Despite Markit's Warning Of "Darker Picture" In "Anaemic" Internals | ZeroHedge
- United States Of China: In Which States Is Your Landlord Most Likely To Be Chinese | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Canada parliament opens with applause for Sergeant-at-... | Business Insider
- Here's How To Actually Stick To An Exercise Plan, According To A Famous... | Business Insider
- Everyone Likes The iPad Air 2, But It Still May Not Be Worth Buying (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- GEORGE SOROS: 'Wake Up, Europe!' | Business Insider
- Some Bank Of America Customers Claim Apple Pay... | Business Insider