Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Manufacturing Flashes "Warning Light" As New Orders, Employment Tumble | ZeroHedge
- CLSA: "The Bank Of Japan Has Nationalized The Japanese Stock Market" | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Accused Of "Fearmongering" After Telling Germans To Stockpile Food "In Case Of Catastrophe" | ZeroHedge
- California Supreme Court Decides "Grossly Ineffective" Teachers Should Keep Their Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Analyzing Trump's Election Chances: What Does The Donald Need To Do To Win? | ZeroHedge
- THe UGLY AMeRiKaN... | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 181 – Jordan Harbinger: Are You A Sociopath or Just Charming? | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 weird dog behaviors and what they mean | Business Insider
- Samsung's new Galaxy Note 7 is facing shortages... | Business Insider
- This cat feeder fixes the biggest problem with bowls | Business Insider
- Japan's manufacturing sector almost grew in August | Business Insider
- China just opened the world’s highest and longest glass... | Business Insider
- Why the hype around military drills is bogus | Business Insider
- Donald Trump calls for a special prosecutor to... | Business Insider