Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Frenemies | ZeroHedge
- FX Traders Fear "Worst Case Scenario" For Brazil As FinMin Cancels Travel Plans, Rousseff Meets With Lula | ZeroHedge
- Global Growth Tensions Reflected in Diverging Data Points | Financial Sense
- Will The Fed Have To Save Emerging Markets With QE4? | ZeroHedge
- The Bigger-est Hockeystick Ever: Presenting The ECB's Latest Inflation Expectations | ZeroHedge
- China Explained (In 1 Image) | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google is rolling out an update that will make your inner hypochondriac rejoice... | Business Insider
- Prison ordered for Michigan man in dirty sock deal | Business Insider
- Movie-man Mayweather lashes critics | Business Insider
- Hardcore PC gamers use an insane amount of electricity every year | Business Insider
- China shows rising power in parade marking WWII defeat | Business Insider
- LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman explains how the CEO role evolves as a company... | Business Insider
- Guatemala ex-president behind bars overnight as VP sworn... | Business Insider