Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Pokemon Go Scares Middle Eastern Governments | Financial Sense
- Corrupt Or Just Stupid? Markets Hand Corporations An Unlimited Credit Card | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Is Preparing For Negative Rates - Here's The Sign Everyone Missed | ZeroHedge
- There Is Now A Marketplace For White People To Make Reparations Payments | ZeroHedge
- Atlantic Divergence in Monetary Policy as US Economy Outpaces EU | Financial Sense
- David Stockman Warns "2008 Was Just Spring-Training For What Comes Next" | ZeroHedge
- Is The BOJ About To Overhaul Its Entire QE Program: Wall Street's Take On The "Comprehensive Assessment" Clause | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The creators of Pokémon Go hint they'll be shutting down the game's... | Business Insider
- The creator of 'Pokémon GO' wants to shut down sites... | Business Insider
- JetBlue to launch scheduled commercial flights between the US and Cuba | Business Insider
- Here's how drone usage is set to explode by 2020 | Business Insider
- A prominent legal scholar gave an interesting analogy for how the case against Rolling Stone may play out | Business Insider
- This futuristic NASA ship could reach the edge of the solar system | Business Insider
- THE GLOBAL SMARTPHONE REPORT: The forces behind the global deceleration in smartphone... | Business Insider