Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: May 23 | ZeroHedge
- All Japan, All the Time | Financial Sense
- Can Two Senators End “Too Big to Fail?” | Financial Sense
- Four Signs That We're Back in Dangerous Bubble Territory | Financial Sense
- How to Win Friends and Influence People | Altucher Confidential
- Will Japan Trigger a Global Financial Meltdown? | ZeroHedge
- Revealed: Apple’s “Offshore” Cash Isn’t Even Offshore | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kim Dotcom Claims To Own The Password Technology That Twitter And Google Use | Business Insider
- Oklahoma Tornado Victims: Now What? | Business Insider
- REPORT: Bob Lutz, Chinese Auto Parts Supplier Bid $20 Million For Fisker | Business Insider
- REVIEW: Toshiba's New $2,000 Windows 8 Laptop (MSFT) | Business Insider
- The First Epic Trailer For The Next Game From The Creators Of 'Halo' | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Square Is On Track To Process $15 Billion In Payments This Year | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek