Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- Crude Drops After US Rig Count Decline Extends To Record 20 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Apr 24, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- 11-Year-Old Boy Removed From Mother For Defending Her Need For Medicinal Cannabis | ZeroHedge
- TaRGeT LiBeRTY... | ZeroHedge
- 8 Charts That Prove The US Is Already In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- When Wall Street's Weathermen Begin To Panic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Death toll from Nepal earthquake passes 1,000: police | Business Insider
- Betting odds predict the most popular names for... | Business Insider
- There's a startling difference between what men want in a wife and in a... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- These are all of the worst policies currently being pitched in the General... | Business Insider
- Armenia marks emotional centenary of Ottoman massacres | Business Insider
- Europe's police crack massive horsemeat trafficking... | Business Insider