Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China | Financial Sense
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
- Hilsenrath's Take: March Rate Hike In Limbo, But "Fed Was Expecting A Slowdown" | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Bonds Crash After Economy Minister Resigns Over "High-Level Corruption" | ZeroHedge
- You Get What You Deserve | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Shows Clinton, Sanders Tied - Hillary's Lead Evaporates In 6 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- What Is The Best Method Of Rebellion Against Tyranny? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The biggest career mistake I ever made is something most people do | Business Insider
- You can now watch Amazon's first original movie on... | Business Insider
- January was an amazing month for millennials | Business Insider
- What 22 months in prison taught me about perseverance | Business Insider
- 'Enough is enough': Hillary Clinton... | Business Insider
- The E-Commerce Strategies Report:... | Business Insider
- GitHub is undergoing a full-blown overhaul as execs and employees depart — and we have the... | Business Insider