Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wells Fargo To Be Sanctioned By DOJ For Improperly Seizing Soldiers' Cars | ZeroHedge
- Madness Swirls at House Judiciary Committee as Comey Attempts to Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
- Obama Humiliated: For The First Time, Congress Votes To Override President's "Sept 11" Bill Veto | ZeroHedge
- Trump Campaign Releases "Ten Inconvenient Truths About The Clinton Foundation" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank CEO Writes Memo To Employees, Blames "Speculators", Confirms Liquidity Flight | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Says Fed Buying Stocks Is "A Good Thing To Think About" And Could Help In A Downturn | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Now Smaller Than Twitter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'Garage Sale Millionaire' who made his... | Business Insider
- Tens of thousands of people are starving to death in areas... | Business Insider
- The next big tech IPO of the year will raise about $240 million | Business Insider
- Elon Musk is not alone — Silicon Valley is boosting investment in... | Business Insider
- A top Apple analyst says next year's iPhones will be made out of glass (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Go inside New York City's most expensive home, which just got a $24 million price... | Business Insider
- Mexican magazine portrays Donald Trump as Hitler on... | Business Insider