Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- North Korea Warns Of Attacks Against White House, Pentagon And Entire "Cesspool Of Terrorism" That Is America | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Teenage Son Mugged Near Home | ZeroHedge
- Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? | Financial Sense
- What's the Outlook for 2015? | Financial Sense
- The Hidden Leverage In "Shiny Objects" - Banks Sell Record Amount Of Equity-Linked Structured Notes | ZeroHedge
- Conrad Black: The Saudis Fear Western Alliance With Iran; Crashing Oil Is Their Retaliation | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Check Out This British Crowdfunding Campaign To Send A Rocket To Drill On... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Mike Myers Crashes 'SNL' As Dr. Evil To Address Sony Hack | Business Insider
- South Korea trims 2015 growth forecast, vows to... | Business Insider
- US-Cuba thaw could spell end for island's iconic cars | Business Insider
- Amazon's Newest Fire HDX Tablet Is Super Cheap Today (AMZN) | Business Insider