Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weak ADP Number Shows Slowing Labor Market | Financial Sense
- EIA Inventory Report Analysis and Key Levels to Watch in the Oil Market (Video) | ZeroHedge
- A Very Bearish Stanley Druckenmiller Blows Up At The Fed; Reveals His Biggest "Currency" Position | ZeroHedge
- ECB Blames You For Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- "We'll Respond Totally Asymmetrically" - Russia Answers NATO With Three New Deployments | ZeroHedge
- EIA Petroleum Weekly Report Analysis 5-4-2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- "Global LIBOR Scapegoat" Turns To Public Crowdfunding To Fund Appeal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WhatsApp comes back online in Brazil after being forced to shut down for 72 hours (FB) | Business Insider
- 6 cruise lines that have their own private islands | Business Insider
- Kanye wore a bizarre outfit to the Met Ball, and people freaked out about it | Business Insider
- JIM CHANOS: We're short Valeant and Tesla (VRX) | Business Insider
- Why this up-and-coming athleisure brand is succeeding by being the... | Business Insider
- Halliburton lays out why its massive merger with Baker Hughes was doomed (HAL,... | Business Insider
- A breathtaking spot in Greece served as inspiration for 'Game of Thrones... | Business Insider