Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs As All Central Banks Go All In | ZeroHedge
- The Broken Market Chronicles: For The Third Year In A Row, The "Most Shorted Names" Generate The Highest Return | ZeroHedge
- Student Debt By Major: What Not To Study To Avoid A Lifetime Of Debt Slavery | ZeroHedge
- The Levered Canary In The Coalmine: High Yield Is Flashing A "Sell Signal", Says Barclays | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tops $1200 As China Cuts, Draghi Jawbones | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Tangled Web | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wagner, Machida going for figure skating gold in Bordeaux... | Business Insider
- Stocks Are Now So Fantastically Expensive That They Will Likely Have Negative Returns For Years | Business Insider
- Former ZocDoc Employee Says She Is Suing The Company Following Sexual Harassment | Business Insider
- Don't Listen To The Haters — Here's Why 'Friendsgiving' Is Awesome | Business Insider
- Elon Musk On Tesla's Gigafactory: We Didn... | Business Insider
- HSBC says Swiss unit charged in Paris with money-... | Business Insider
- 13 Staggering Photos Of Buffalo's Historic Snowstorm | Business Insider