Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It Will Take 398,879,561 Years To Pay Off The US Government's Debt | ZeroHedge
- Morning Motivation | iBankCoin.com
- What Happens When Cash Is No Longer Trash? | ZeroHedge
- And Here is Opportunity | iBankCoin.com
- India Gold Demand Surges 450% and Bank of Russia Demand At 15 Year High | ZeroHedge
- A Closer Look Why Futures Bounced 30 Points Off The Lows On Today's ECB BTFD Bailout | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Claims It Hit US Embassy In Baghdad's Green Zone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesco chairman resigns over profits fiasco: company | Business Insider
- UNBOXED: The iPad Air 2 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Ebola death toll rises to almost 4,900 | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: CPI Outpaces in Sept.;... | StreetInsider.com
- Michael Cheika named new Wallabies coach | Business Insider
- Mobile Video Advertising Is Taking Off, As Ad Buyers Pile Billions Of Dollars Into... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (YHOO, HPQ, EMC, MSFT,... | Business Insider