Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Union Jacked | Financial Sense
- The Accusations Begin: David Cameron Blames Brexit On Merkel And EU "Immigration Failure" | ZeroHedge
- One American's True Story: "How I Went From Middle Class To Homeless" | ZeroHedge
- After Brexit, A Trump Path To Victory | ZeroHedge
- For Those Who Still Care About Fundamentals, A Troubling Chart | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Funds "Showing Signs Of Capitulation" After 4-Sigma Move In High Beta Stocks | ZeroHedge
- April Spending Exuberance Plunges Back To Earth In May As Income Growth Slows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These charts show why Amazon's throwing $5 billion into this market (AMZN... | Business Insider
- Don't worry — millennials are going to start growing up... | Business Insider
- Google wants permission to track you more so that it can show you better ads (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Here’s the best price ever on the online mattress that’s perfect for every type... | Business Insider
- Nike shares are tumbling after a surprising miss on a key gauge of future sales (NKE... | Business Insider
- This 15-year-old overnight social media star is shutting down... | Business Insider
- Cisco is spending $293 million to buy cloud security company CloudLock (CSCO) | Business Insider