Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shorting Opportunities in Financial Markets (Video) | ZeroHedge
- The Road To Hell Was Paved With Obama Cronyism | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Import Data Suggests OPEC Is Lying About A Production Cut | ZeroHedge
- Size Matters: Visualizing The Tallest Building In Each State | ZeroHedge
- As Bitcoin Surges To Record High, China Prepares Its Own Digital Currency | ZeroHedge
- Are Rate Hikes Bad For Gold? | ZeroHedge
- CNN Responds To Being Blocked From White House Press Briefing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What 4 million solar panels in China look like from space | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- THE IoT PLATFORMS REPORT: How software is... | Business Insider
- Here's the email Sears' CEO just sent to the company announcing layoffs (... | Business Insider
- Son of boxer Muhammad Ali reportedly detained at Florida... | Business Insider
- Everything we know about the 'Wonder Woman' movie coming this... | Business Insider
- Paris mayor responds after Trump tells the story of his friend, 'Jim,' who won... | Business Insider