Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Churn ‘Em and Burn ‘Em | iBankCoin.com
- More Evidence of the Master Trading Algorithm | ZeroHedge
- Meet Andorra: Europe's Next Failed State | ZeroHedge
- Shooting Reported At Gate Of NSA Headquarters In Fort Meade - Live Stream | ZeroHedge
- Texas Town First of Many to Switch to 100% Renewable Power | Financial Sense
- WTI Tumbles To $47 Handle; Energy Stocks Don't Care At All | ZeroHedge
- Trade Idea | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The capex boom has been terrible for shareholders (SPX) | Business Insider
- Why Russia suddenly wants to supply cheap gas to Ukraine | Business Insider
- The 30 most popular Vine stars in the world | Business Insider
- Singapore teen in court over anti-Lee Kuan Yew video | Business Insider
- RBS boss leaves weeks after... | Business Insider
- Comedy Central reacts to backlash against new 'Daily Show... | Business Insider
- IBM steals a high-profile customer from Amazon's cloud (IBM, AMZN) | Business Insider