Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Industry About To Be Burned Again By Fall In Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz Reappears: "I Took One For The Team" | ZeroHedge
- Execs Flee GLD - The revolving door at the SPDR Gold Trust Sponsor | ZeroHedge
- Excerpts From Hillary Clinton's Speech | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "There Is An Element Of Torture To The FOMC Cycle In This Broken Financial System" | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Just Slashed its Q2 GDP Estimate To 1.8%, Cycle Low | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Up 1.6%, Silver Surges 3.7% After Poor U.S. Data and Dovish Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One reason why Europe's war against terrorism is ineffective | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton formally accepts Democratic nomination for president and trains her fire on Donald Trump | Business Insider
- The hyper-acquisitive tech giant SoftBank has made a big hire from Goldman... | Business Insider
- There is no Apple Car, and there never will be (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The second French church attacker was also known to... | Business Insider
- The events in Ferguson are shaping Missouri's governor... | Business Insider
- THE WIRELESS... | Business Insider