Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- New York, New Jersey Begin Mandatory Quarantines In Ebola Response | ZeroHedge
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- Fans of Central Banking Have an Achilles Heel | ZeroHedge
- Top Ebola Scientists: Ebola More Likely to be Spread by Aerosol In Cold, Dry Conditions than In Hot, Humid Africa | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Crazy Chart Perfectly Illustrates Why You Should Never Expect 'Average'... | Business Insider
- Whisper Responds To Damaging Accusations And Places... | Business Insider
- NBA Assistant Coach Rips Kobe Bryant, Says He's Like Wizards-Era Michael Jordan Now... | Business Insider
- XO Group Founder Carley Roney Shares Her Favorite Money Trick | Business Insider
- The $5 Billion Startup Club: The 9 Highest Valued Startups That You Should... | Business Insider
- Mexico's Drug War Is Entering A Dark Phase | Business Insider
- Google Glass Could Save KFC And Other Fast-Food Companies Millions Of Dollars | Business Insider