Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Top 10 Wall Street Rookie Mistakes | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Turn to Gold on Bank Bail-in and Drachma Risks | ZeroHedge
- As China's Offshore Yuan Crashes To A 2 Year Low, Beijing Warns Its Citizens: "Don't Buy Dollars" | ZeroHedge
- How "Unequal" Is Your State? | ZeroHedge
- The Algos Say Buy Oil | iBankCoin.com
- Socialist Exceptionalism | ZeroHedge
- Welcome to a Scared New World | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Minnesota Timberwolves release welcome home video for Cavs game that... | Business Insider
- The 50 Most Innovative Buildings Of The Last Decade | Business Insider
- Wanna cheat? Use these apps to make sure you don't get caught | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 'Reverse showrooming': bricks-and-mortar... | Business Insider
- Android is suddenly surrounded by enemies (GOOG) | Business Insider
- India head for winless tour after further batting failure... | Business Insider