Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Existing-Home Sales Highest in Eight Years | Financial Sense
- When Will We Ever Learn? | ZeroHedge
- Beware, The Disappearing Retirement Fund | ZeroHedge
- Softness in Q2, Financials Better | Financial Sense
- In These 13 US Cities, Rents Are Skyrocketing | ZeroHedge
- Productivity and Modern-Day Horse Manure | Financial Sense
- Clinton Favorability Plunges, Sanders Surges Amid Classified Emails Scandal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why you should watch 'Rick and Morty' —Adult Swim's brilliant twist on all things... | Business Insider
- Teva to buy Allergan generic drug unit for $40.5 bn | Business Insider
- Why US shale names are about to get crushed | Business Insider
- Nine people who were hired to whip young millionaire founders into shape... | Business Insider
- Brooke Hogan wrote a poem on Facebook defending her dad | Business Insider
- This is what gets written about you AFTER your job interview at Google (goog) | Business Insider
- Mass shootings are so common in the US that you don't even hear about most... | Business Insider