Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Home Prices Rise At The Fastest Pace Since July 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Tax Reform Plan: A Cheatsheet Of What Is Known, Leaked, And Is Still Unknown | ZeroHedge
- Ivanka Trump Booed At Women's Conference In Berlin | ZeroHedge
- The Passive Indexing Trap | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Sees "Decades Of Pain Ahead" Thanks To Internet Disruption | ZeroHedge
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Islam In The Heart Of England And France | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump reportedly asked 'Trumpcare' opponents to tell the... | Business Insider
- Here's 7 essential reads if you're still confused about Trump's border wall | Business Insider
- Major earthquake strikes off Chile's coast, rocks capital | Business Insider
- Ivanka Trump defends her father's... | Business Insider
- White House names new Secret Service director | Business Insider
- 50 bucket-list trips you can take without spending a fortune | Business Insider
- Here's how to be more self-aware at work, something a psychologist says is a powerful... | Business Insider