Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns: US Is "A Dead Nation Walking" | ZeroHedge
- "If This Does Not Disqualify Hillary For The Presidency, It's Hard To Know What Will" | ZeroHedge
- German Economy Minister: "TTIP Talks Have Failed" | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage: "Trump Is The New Reagan" | ZeroHedge
- The Schizophrenic Fed | Financial Sense
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
- Europe: The Substitution Of A Population | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 weird dog behaviors and what they mean | Business Insider
- These are hands down our favorite boat shoes | Business Insider
- Trump's hints about his favorite president tell us everything about his signature... | Business Insider
- Ryan Lochte has managed to pick up a new sponsorship deal... | Business Insider
- Why America's newest stock exchange is preparing for failure | Business Insider
- The incredible history of Volvo's transformation into a true luxury brand | Business Insider
- The surprising origins of the slogan 'Don't mess with Texas... | Business Insider