Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Portland "Orecrats" Target Income Inequality: Pass Massive 25% Tax On Corps With "Excessive CEO Pay" | ZeroHedge
- European Bond Yields Spike, Bank Stocks Soar, EUR Tumbles After Draghi Surprise | ZeroHedge
- David Rosenberg Throws Up On The "Trump Rally" - Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- From 65 Days To 9 Hours - The Incredible Shrinking Life Of Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Stocks And Volatility Indices Both Jump - Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- California State Senator Files Legislation To Create "Safe Zones" For Illegal Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Spike, Erase Italy Vote Losses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chase Pay has partnered with LevelUp (JPM) | Business Insider
- Google is killing a section of desktop search that was a target of '... | Business Insider
- Military leaders are trying to fix the lengthy process... | Business Insider
- Americans from all corners of the economy are loving life... | Business Insider
- Apple says it is working closely with the Chinese government to kill... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Amtrak will start using high-speed trains in 2021 — but your trip will... | Business Insider