Dow Jones almost Flat thanks to Argentina
Big drop today in the major indexes as news of Argentina's default casues panic and selling. This could be a great opportunity to enter the market via the SSO or DIA once the dust settles.
Thanks to today's 1+% correction in the averages the Dow Jones has been pushed back to only be up 0.4% in 2014. The S&P 500 was up 7% on Monday YTD and today's pullback puts it at only up 4.84%.
Mastery believes that this pullback could be temporary. Case in point some wise words from Chris Wright:
What’s interesting about this default, though, is that its contagion to other markets is likely to be limited. People have been expecting this default for a while now and appear to have digested it. So far today, the FTSE and European markets are modestly up and showing no sign of concern. We won’t know until later today how the rest of Latin America will react to the news, but emerging market debt generally has not experienced contagion from Argentina’s problems so far, and is unlikely to do so now.
Argentina, in short, is suffering, but is doing so largely alone. source: forbes.com
Weapons of choice to play a bounce could be the SSO or DIA.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's "Two-Party System" Has Jumped The Shark | ZeroHedge
- Soros-Linked Voting Machines Cause Concern Over Rigged Election | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Chinese Firm Whose Cameras Took Down The Internet On Friday | ZeroHedge
- Dems Squirm On Sunday Morning Talk Shows As WikiLeaks And O'Keefe Promise More Surprises | ZeroHedge
- NATO Continues To Prepare For War With Russia | ZeroHedge
- Trump Slams "Voter Suppression", Cites "Oversampling" As Evidence Of Rigged Polls | ZeroHedge
- Radioactive Iodine Leak Reported At Norwegian Nuclear Research Reactor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The first official 'Gilmore Girls' trailer is finally here and it looks better than ever | Business Insider
- Why MTV's president is stepping down after only a year | Business Insider
- DuPont saw a big drop in quarterly profit (DD) | Business Insider
- Slack's growth could be slowing because of what made it attractive in the first... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- 7 ways to stop over-thinking everything in your life | Business Insider
- PayPal is homing in on high-growth areas (PYPL) | Business Insider