Diamond in the Rough: General Mills
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) share are less than 2% away from its 12 month low. Sporting a 3.35% annual dividend yield and the stock 4.5% away from its average target price the stock is worth a look.
LEFT FOR DEAD
Last week GIS hit a new 52-week low of $58.59, the stock closed Friday at $59.01. Clearly this bellweather classic 'recession proof' stock is out of flavor with Wall Street traders. General Mills is not a growth stock, it's an OLD MANs STOCK. Take a look at the key price points and ugly looking chart:
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
The maker of Cherrios, Bugels, Yoplait, and more has been around since 1928. This stock trading at this level is a classic IRA play that you buy today and wait. Let the dividend pay you while you safely wait around for the stock to tick higher slowly over time. GIS is a slow mover, but slow and steady wins the race when it comes to your retirement funds.
SO WHY CARE?
Two people that went to bat for GIS last week. Jim Cramer and Larry Williams.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World Bank Maintains Oil Price Forecast At $55 | Financial Sense
- Homeownership Among US Millennials At All Time Low | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Does Washington Plan To Nuke Russia & China?" | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan Blocks Wikipedia, Bans TV Dating Shows, Purges Another 4,000 Public Officials | ZeroHedge
- Will Trump Release The Missing JFK Files? | ZeroHedge
- High-Yield Bond A-D Line | Financial Sense
- Two Blondes, Two Fates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Elon Musk just revealed new details about his tunneling project that could... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- Starbucks' Frappucino Happy Hour starts next week with a drink... | Business Insider
- Trump says there is... | Business Insider
- Bungie just mailed me a package filled with clues about 'Destiny 2... | Business Insider
- 'FYRE FESTIVAL ON:' Some attendees of the cursed $12,000... | Business Insider