5 Easy Steps to get a better night's sleep
Lets face it, Americans are getting less and less sleep every year. Earlier this year, the Center for Disease control announced that Insufficient Sleep is a "Public Health Epidemic". Many turn to sleeping pills to try to get a few hours of sleep in during the night.
On top of that, a recent study reported by the BBC news found that Anxiety and sleeping pills are linked to dementia. If you get dementia, you're gonna have a bad time.
So what can you do to get a better night's sleep without using sedatives? After all, you don't want to end up like Jack from Fight Club.
As the doctor told Jack in Fight Club, "Chew some Valerian Root and get more exercise". I've heard mixed reviews on Valerian root, so lets focus on the exercise. For best results, get up early in the morning and exercise prior to starting your day. You'll have more energy throughout the day but trust me on this one, you're ready to sleep like a rock when bedtime rolls around.
> Stop staring at screens
Whether its the Teevee or your Smartphone, either one can mess with your internal circadian sleep clock, resulting in your body thinking that it's still daytime. Try turning off the screen an hour before your target bed time.
> 20 MG of THC
If you live in the states of Washington or Denver, hit up your local recreational Marijuana store and pick up Marijuana edibles in 20mg portions. I like these because you can control your dose. According to this study, 20MG of THC is the perfect dose to punch the mustache off of your insomnia without giving you the groggy/hangover effects of sleeping pills. It's probably the best natural sleep remedy there is.
> Get Laid
That's right folks - take your significant other to Pound Town and you'll sleep like a baby.
>Drink less Alcohol
I think a lot of people don't realize how much Alcohol messes with your sleep. Alcohol can make you more susceptible to snoring/sleep apnea events. While it does help to induce sleep, this is offset by having more disrupted sleep in the second half of the night. Good luck on that one, all of you raging alcoholics out there.
Written by: Cornelious Stockmaster III, M.D.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will the Democrats Trigger Another 2011 Debt Ceiling Crisis Just to Stop the Wall? | ZeroHedge
- Trading a Le Pen Win in the French Elections | Financial Sense
- One Trader Is Surprised At Market Euphoria From A "Result That Was Everybody's Base Case" | ZeroHedge
- The 56 French Villages Where Marine Le Pen Didn't Get A Single Vote | ZeroHedge
- Can Macron Save The World? Save France? | ZeroHedge
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: April 25 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating... | Business Insider
- Here's what a war with North Korea might look like | Business Insider
- Sears' turnaround timeline is shrinking — and it could be next in line to declare... | Business Insider
- Steve Wozniak tells us one of his favorite stories about Steve Jobs | Business Insider
- A big market correction is inevitable — a... | Business Insider
- Treasury yields spike as traders shed safe-havens following the... | Business Insider
- Officials are searching for radioactive material stolen in... | Business Insider