Don't overlook Nucor's (NUE) share buyback
Back in September, Nucor Corp. (NYSE:NUE), the second-largest U.S.-based steelmaker, said it plans to buy back as much as $1.66 billion of its shares after profit rose to a new record.
Chief Executive Officer Dan DiMicco wants to boost Nucor shares after the stock fell about 20 percent since June. Falling steel prices and speculation metals companies were less likely takeover candidates after credit markets tightened helped send the stock to its lowest level in more than a year on Aug. 16.
Take a look at the last 6 months, the chart speaks for itself:
Fellow Stockmasters - it's now November 19th and shares have once again plummeted - 12% in the last month to be exact.
The buyback of as many as 30 million shares represents about 10 percent of the stock outstanding, and as far as I can tell they have purchased about 1/3 of that in the last quarter. We believe this to be a great opportunity to buy in before they start snatching up the other 2/3 of their planned buyback.
The company's Q3 performance was less than stellar, reporting a 29% decrease in earnings for the quarter. In spite of that, top line growth remains robust as the company reported an 8% increase in net sales.
|PRICE TARGET SUMMARY ON NUE|
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
The StockMasters Master Picks Newsletter has a 15.29% Positive return since our inception in October 2006. The Average duration for our stock picks is 3.61 months, and we have the track record to prove it (click here to view Master Picks track record). Our price is only $45 for an entire 12 month subscription. Consider our newsletter as an affordable supplement to your stock research. We aren't trying to kill you with an outrageous annual fee and it will cost you less than a round of beers and shots for you and your crew. Make the right choices, be informed and have more money for flaming Dr. Peppers. Get our newsletter on sale at WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Enjoying the Pre-Holiday Party | iBankCoin.com
- Dollar Pares Initial Gains, French Government Implodes | Financial Sense
- Exchanging Pieces on the Chessboard | iBankCoin.com
- Pakistan Faces (Another) Military Coup As PM Charged With Murder | ZeroHedge
- Will Ukraine Retake the East From Separatists? | Financial Sense
- Inside the Market’s Mind: Debt, Growth and Politics | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Drop YoY For 10th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung's Old, Ailing Chairman Is Treated By Employees Like A 'God... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- A New Documentary Reveals The Crazy Drama Between The Founders Of Burt's Bees | Business Insider
- Malaysia Airlines to trim staff, routes in reform plan | Business Insider
- A Simple Brain Theory Endorsed By Bill Gates Claims To Help You... | Business Insider
- There's A Bunch Of Bad News Going On | Business Insider
- UN confirms 43 UN peacekeepers seized in Syrian Golan | Business Insider