Don't overlook Nucor's (NUE) share buyback
Back in September, Nucor Corp. (NYSE:NUE), the second-largest U.S.-based steelmaker, said it plans to buy back as much as $1.66 billion of its shares after profit rose to a new record.
Chief Executive Officer Dan DiMicco wants to boost Nucor shares after the stock fell about 20 percent since June. Falling steel prices and speculation metals companies were less likely takeover candidates after credit markets tightened helped send the stock to its lowest level in more than a year on Aug. 16.
Take a look at the last 6 months, the chart speaks for itself:
Fellow Stockmasters - it's now November 19th and shares have once again plummeted - 12% in the last month to be exact.
The buyback of as many as 30 million shares represents about 10 percent of the stock outstanding, and as far as I can tell they have purchased about 1/3 of that in the last quarter. We believe this to be a great opportunity to buy in before they start snatching up the other 2/3 of their planned buyback.
The company's Q3 performance was less than stellar, reporting a 29% decrease in earnings for the quarter. In spite of that, top line growth remains robust as the company reported an 8% increase in net sales.
|PRICE TARGET SUMMARY ON NUE|
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
The StockMasters Master Picks Newsletter has a 15.29% Positive return since our inception in October 2006. The Average duration for our stock picks is 3.61 months, and we have the track record to prove it (click here to view Master Picks track record). Our price is only $45 for an entire 12 month subscription. Consider our newsletter as an affordable supplement to your stock research. We aren't trying to kill you with an outrageous annual fee and it will cost you less than a round of beers and shots for you and your crew. Make the right choices, be informed and have more money for flaming Dr. Peppers. Get our newsletter on sale at WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: December 5 | ZeroHedge
- Will the Real Economy Please Stand Up? | Financial Sense
- Japan Secures Final Passage Of Secrecy Bill - Designed by Kafka & Inspired By Hitler?!! | ZeroHedge
- High Noon Holiday Trading Ideas from Good Guy Greg | iBankCoin.com
- Riding the Market’s Circus | iBankCoin.com
- Nikkei Futures Tumble 800 Points As JPY Strengthens And "Beta" Soars | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06:... | StreetInsider.com
- PRESENTING: The Most Powerful Bitcoin Miner In The World | Business Insider
- CHART: Here Was The Size Of The British Empire As A Percentage Of Total... | Business Insider
- This Is, Quite Simply, The Biggest Endorsement That Bitcoin Has Ever Received | Business Insider
- Here Are All The Groups For The 2014 World Cup | Business Insider
- France Is Sending Troops Into The Central African... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek