Don't overlook Nucor's (NUE) share buyback
Back in September, Nucor Corp. (NYSE:NUE), the second-largest U.S.-based steelmaker, said it plans to buy back as much as $1.66 billion of its shares after profit rose to a new record.
Chief Executive Officer Dan DiMicco wants to boost Nucor shares after the stock fell about 20 percent since June. Falling steel prices and speculation metals companies were less likely takeover candidates after credit markets tightened helped send the stock to its lowest level in more than a year on Aug. 16.
Take a look at the last 6 months, the chart speaks for itself:
Fellow Stockmasters - it's now November 19th and shares have once again plummeted - 12% in the last month to be exact.
The buyback of as many as 30 million shares represents about 10 percent of the stock outstanding, and as far as I can tell they have purchased about 1/3 of that in the last quarter. We believe this to be a great opportunity to buy in before they start snatching up the other 2/3 of their planned buyback.
The company's Q3 performance was less than stellar, reporting a 29% decrease in earnings for the quarter. In spite of that, top line growth remains robust as the company reported an 8% increase in net sales.
|PRICE TARGET SUMMARY ON NUE|
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
The StockMasters Master Picks Newsletter has a 15.29% Positive return since our inception in October 2006. The Average duration for our stock picks is 3.61 months, and we have the track record to prove it (click here to view Master Picks track record). Our price is only $45 for an entire 12 month subscription. Consider our newsletter as an affordable supplement to your stock research. We aren't trying to kill you with an outrageous annual fee and it will cost you less than a round of beers and shots for you and your crew. Make the right choices, be informed and have more money for flaming Dr. Peppers. Get our newsletter on sale at WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece’s Fight Against “Fiscal Waterboarding” Will Halt Economic Recovery | Financial Sense
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
- Ukraine "Truce"? Tanks Are Rolling In Poland As NATO Plans Permanent Eastern European Bases | ZeroHedge
- Invasion Of The "Zombie Crazies" | ZeroHedge
- "Obama Is Clueless On Inequality," David Stockman Rages "The Problem Is [The Fed]" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Vs. Russia – Military Might | ZeroHedge
- ECB Threatens Athens With Bank Funding Cutoff If No Deal In One Month: February 28 Is Now D-Day For Greece | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the founders of TransferWise came up with the idea for their billion-dollar company | Business Insider
- How the Patriots pulled off the biggest steal in NFL Draft history and landed future Hall of... | Business Insider
- This is the supercar that inspired Elon Musk to create... | Business Insider
- The job market: Incentives matter | Business Insider
- Microsoft hired the rapper Common to narrate Satya Nadella's speeches for its Super... | Business Insider
- Kiev hopes for stalled truce talks despite separatist vow... | Business Insider
- Watch this real-life Forrest Gump walk across America | Business Insider