Don't overlook Nucor's (NUE) share buyback
Back in September, Nucor Corp. (NYSE:NUE), the second-largest U.S.-based steelmaker, said it plans to buy back as much as $1.66 billion of its shares after profit rose to a new record.
Chief Executive Officer Dan DiMicco wants to boost Nucor shares after the stock fell about 20 percent since June. Falling steel prices and speculation metals companies were less likely takeover candidates after credit markets tightened helped send the stock to its lowest level in more than a year on Aug. 16.
Take a look at the last 6 months, the chart speaks for itself:
Fellow Stockmasters - it's now November 19th and shares have once again plummeted - 12% in the last month to be exact.
The buyback of as many as 30 million shares represents about 10 percent of the stock outstanding, and as far as I can tell they have purchased about 1/3 of that in the last quarter. We believe this to be a great opportunity to buy in before they start snatching up the other 2/3 of their planned buyback.
The company's Q3 performance was less than stellar, reporting a 29% decrease in earnings for the quarter. In spite of that, top line growth remains robust as the company reported an 8% increase in net sales.
|PRICE TARGET SUMMARY ON NUE|
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
The StockMasters Master Picks Newsletter has a 15.29% Positive return since our inception in October 2006. The Average duration for our stock picks is 3.61 months, and we have the track record to prove it (click here to view Master Picks track record). Our price is only $45 for an entire 12 month subscription. Consider our newsletter as an affordable supplement to your stock research. We aren't trying to kill you with an outrageous annual fee and it will cost you less than a round of beers and shots for you and your crew. Make the right choices, be informed and have more money for flaming Dr. Peppers. Get our newsletter on sale at WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Plunge Protection Team Rescues Chinese Stocks Back To Unchanged At Break | ZeroHedge
- Why Greece May Want To Reconsider Reopening Its Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- Is the Gold Price Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul Slams Gen. Wesley Clark: Is He Kidding, Internment Camps? | ZeroHedge
- Putin Trolls Obama, Says FIFA's Blatter Deserves A Nobel Prize | ZeroHedge
- Thoughts About Chinese Stocks, Reserves, and SDR Inclusion | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks Suffer Second Biggest Crash In History, 1,500 Companies Halted Limit Down | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boy Scouts of America lifts ban on gay troop leaders | Business Insider
- Helicopters as cheap as Uber Black cars can now be hailed from your phone and get... | Business Insider
- Deal of the day: Rosetta Stone's signature starter language courses are 61% off | Business Insider
- How sex traffickers in Malaysia and Thailand use Facebook to lure victims | Business Insider
- Teva to buy Allergan generic drug unit for $40.5 bn | Business Insider
- US Olympic Committee: Boston ends 2024 Olympic bid | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek