Don't overlook Nucor's (NUE) share buyback
Back in September, Nucor Corp. (NYSE:NUE), the second-largest U.S.-based steelmaker, said it plans to buy back as much as $1.66 billion of its shares after profit rose to a new record.
Chief Executive Officer Dan DiMicco wants to boost Nucor shares after the stock fell about 20 percent since June. Falling steel prices and speculation metals companies were less likely takeover candidates after credit markets tightened helped send the stock to its lowest level in more than a year on Aug. 16.
Take a look at the last 6 months, the chart speaks for itself:
Fellow Stockmasters - it's now November 19th and shares have once again plummeted - 12% in the last month to be exact.
The buyback of as many as 30 million shares represents about 10 percent of the stock outstanding, and as far as I can tell they have purchased about 1/3 of that in the last quarter. We believe this to be a great opportunity to buy in before they start snatching up the other 2/3 of their planned buyback.
The company's Q3 performance was less than stellar, reporting a 29% decrease in earnings for the quarter. In spite of that, top line growth remains robust as the company reported an 8% increase in net sales.
|PRICE TARGET SUMMARY ON NUE|
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
The StockMasters Master Picks Newsletter has a 15.29% Positive return since our inception in October 2006. The Average duration for our stock picks is 3.61 months, and we have the track record to prove it (click here to view Master Picks track record). Our price is only $45 for an entire 12 month subscription. Consider our newsletter as an affordable supplement to your stock research. We aren't trying to kill you with an outrageous annual fee and it will cost you less than a round of beers and shots for you and your crew. Make the right choices, be informed and have more money for flaming Dr. Peppers. Get our newsletter on sale at WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Loonie Soars After BOC's Poloz Says Fiscal Stimulus Has Eased Pressure For Lower Rates | ZeroHedge
- The Public Pension Time Bomb Is Starting to Explode | Financial Sense
- 12TH TRuMP ACCuSeR EMeRGeS... | ZeroHedge
- Gold Market in Crisis, Risks Collapse: LBMA | Financial Sense
- Introducing Yield Purchasing Power | ZeroHedge
- EM Reflation Confirming Indicator Raises a Red Flag | Financial Sense
- The Big Leap – Double-Digit Earnings Growth in 2017? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why active military voters pick Gary Johnson over Hillary... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs is now using Spotify to recruit millennials | Business Insider
- Obama just shredded a GOP Senate candidate and previewed a furious push to... | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- Microsoft is going to get more expensive for UK businesses... | Business Insider
- THE DISRUPTION OF MOBILE VIDEO: How... | Business Insider
- A Swiss billionaire was fined $4 million over... | Business Insider