Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Monetary Lunacy At Work: IMF Puts 0.05% "Floor" Under SDRs | ZeroHedge
- Kill The Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- Who Will Win This Next Pennant? | iBankCoin.com
- Tailing 7 Year Auction Is Carbon Copy Replica Of Yesterday's 5 Year | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Carving Out a Good Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Regulators Easing Mortgage Credit Requirements | Financial Sense
- Initial Jobless Claims Average Nears 40-Year Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Mobile Payment Industry Is About To Explode, With Apple Leading The Way | Business Insider
- How This Successful Halloween Company Has Used 'Shark Tank'... | Business Insider
- Check Out These Mesmerizing Photos Of Ceramic Poppies Spilling Out From The Tower Of... | Business Insider
- 21-Year-Old Kobe Bryant Got Advice From Giorgio Armani That Shaped His Outlook On... | Business Insider
- A Top NYPD Official Abruptly Resigned After Getting A Promotion | Business Insider
- Obscure Swiss Referendum Could Roil Gold and Currency Markets | TheStreet.com
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com