Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Four More Mega-Banks Join The Anti-Dollar Alliance | ZeroHedge
- TRoLL MaGaZiNe | ZeroHedge
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
- Obamacare Is Rapidly Becoming The Poster-Child For American Inequality | ZeroHedge
- State University Now Offers 'Stop White People' Training | ZeroHedge
- Is Portugal The Next "Shoe To Drop" In Europe? | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Cheers "Anti-Establishment" Victory At Trump Rally - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hyundai's new Genesis luxury brand just introduced its first car — and it looks amazing... | Business Insider
- 5 simple habits that will make you a more positive person | Business Insider
- The UK is selling an old aircraft carrier for scrap as its navy declines | Business Insider
- We tried Boston Market's new chicken Marsala, but it did not compare to... | Business Insider
- Experts find evidence that excess body fat increases the risk of... | Business Insider
- The Pentagon's largest weapons supplier landed a deal that could net $10... | Business Insider
- Public schools in 21 states still hit kids, and black students... | Business Insider