Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cash-Strapped ISIS Is Selling Sex Slaves On Facebook: Asking Price $8,000 Each | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of Small Business In Obama's America | ZeroHedge
- Self Employment Tax Penalties Continue To Plague Small Businesses | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: Killary Will Be The Last US President | ZeroHedge
- What to Expect out of the ECB Meeting on Thursday (Video) | ZeroHedge
- The Next Big Crash Of The U.S. Economy Is Coming, Here's Why | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This technology could help feed the 9 billion people expected to populate... | Business Insider
- China produced nearly eight times more steel... | Business Insider
- Russia’s elites are buying into a black market for a strange... | Business Insider
- 7 simple LinkedIn photo tricks that will dramatically increase... | Business Insider
- These 17 life hacks will change the way you use Gmail (GOOGL) | Business Insider
- A 35-year-old and his wife ditched the rat race for a cabin in... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is great for gold (GLD, GLX) | Business Insider