Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- August Payrolls Miss, Rise Only 173K, Even As Prior Revised Higher; Hourly Earnings Rise More Than Expected | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: "No Rate Hike In September" | ZeroHedge
- The IMF Just Confirmed The Nightmare Scenario For Central Banks Is Now In Play | ZeroHedge
- Is It Over Yet? | ZeroHedge
- Why China Liquidations May Not Spike US Treasury Yields | ZeroHedge
- Potential Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Markets and Morality | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Latest on Bangkok: Suspect is conspirator, not bomber | Business Insider
- Airbnb is growing like crazy because of the pope | Business Insider
- Latest on US Open: Errani overcomes dizziness to win in 3 | Business Insider
- A former Goldman Sachs employee who went on to launch a... | Business Insider
- Drone crashes into stands during US Open match; no injures... | Business Insider
- Gay rights advocates: Jailed Kentucky clerk is no martyr | Business Insider
- Lost Australian sheep yields 30 sweaters worth of fleece | Business Insider