Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit "Do Over" Petition Exposed As A Scam... | ZeroHedge
- The "Synergies" Arrive: Dow Fires 2,500 | ZeroHedge
- "Back Into The Hurricane" - Doug Casey Warns "Gold Will Go Higher Than Most People Can Imagine" | ZeroHedge
- China: Has Policy Reflation Lost Momentum? | Financial Sense
- Global Stocks Rebound, US Futures Jump On Expectation Of "Coordinated Intervention By Central Banks" | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Plunges Below 2,000 Level, Biggest Drop Since August Crash | ZeroHedge
- US Navy To Begin Testing Powerful 150-Kilowatt Laser Weapon System | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 things no man should wear to the office in the summer | Business Insider
- New study reveals people want... | Business Insider
- Cersei’s bloody path to the Iron Throne may hint at an even darker future on 'Game of... | Business Insider
- Fintech firms could find surprising exit thanks to this unlikely major player (AMZN)... | Business Insider
- There is one drug in the world that can make you smarter —... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Hong Kong's downturn will be a harbinger of things to come | Business Insider