Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BEHOLD: THE CENTURY OLD DOW THEORY SIGNAL HAS BEEN TRIGGERED | ZeroHedge
- California Cities Weigh "Netflix Tax" For Online Video Streaming | ZeroHedge
- FBI Probes HuffPo Editor After "Destroy Trump Ballots" Tweet | ZeroHedge
- With Assad On Verge Of Historic Victory, Syrian Rebels Request A Ceasefire | ZeroHedge
- France: Decomposing In Front Of Our Eyes | ZeroHedge
- Milo Yiannopoulos Told Not to Speak of “Pizzagate” During Miami University Lecture | ZeroHedge
- What Comes After the Trump Rally? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It sounds like Apple and Samsung will release very similar... | Business Insider
- The 10 best iPhone games of 2016, according to Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider
- I 'went about it the wrong way': Pizzeria gunman explains his... | Business Insider
- Israel could become a counterterrorism training hub for countries worried about... | Business Insider
- The 25 highest-paid players in NFL history | Business Insider
- Mexican cartels are expanding their control over the US heroin market | Business Insider
- Here are the best deals you can get at REI's latest sale | Business Insider