Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap August 1, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- M.A.D. Sanctions; Two Games at Once | Financial Sense
- The Trillion Dollar Question: What Happens When Quantitative Easing Ends? | Financial Sense
- Ebola Comes To America | ZeroHedge
- Why Wait For The Shoe To Hit The Floor? The Case For Selling Now | ZeroHedge
- Substituting Debt For Income Is Not Success - It's Failure On An Epic Scale | ZeroHedge
- More Sellers Than Buyers | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft Sues Samsung, Saying Samsung Hasn't Been Paying Android Royalty Fees It Agreed To... | Business Insider
- Traders Are Blaming Thursday's Big Sell-Off On 1 Stat | Business Insider
- UNEMPLOYMENT RATE RISES AND STOCKS SEE WORST WEEK IN TWO YEARS: Here's What You Need To Know... | Business Insider
- Hamas' Armed Wing Numbers In The Tens Of Thousands, And It's Ready For A... | Business Insider
- Manufacturing Job Creation Eases To 13-Month Low | Business Insider
- Latin America Is Becoming More And More Authoritarian | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks | TheStreet.com