Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Just Sided With Russia Over The Ukraine Conflict | ZeroHedge
- Grant Williams: Why The Smart Money Is So Nervous Now | ZeroHedge
- Gas Prices Hit 2-Month Highs, Rise At Fastest In a Decade | ZeroHedge
- The "Cashless Economy" Is A Myth | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Prices Tumble As Pace Of Rig Count Decline Slows | ZeroHedge
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NIMOY: One of the greatest things about Star Trek was that it inspired scientists | Business Insider
- This is NYC's coldest February in 81 years | Business Insider
- 25 of Banksy's most brilliant works | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett is endorsing one of the hottest startups on the planet | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Four ways to break the universe's speed limit | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek