Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Drops For 2nd Month In A Row, First Time Since Oct 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Three Triggers That Will Send Oil Crashing Again | ZeroHedge
- FeaTHeReD VaRMiNT... | ZeroHedge
- Default Risk Soars After Ukraine's 'American' FinMin Suggests Severe Haircuts For Creditors (Including Russia) | ZeroHedge
- "Serious Depressive Episode" May Have Driven Germanwings Pilot To "Criminal, Mad, Suicidal" Action, Prosecutors Allege | ZeroHedge
- The 10 Things Germany Needs To Do To Save The Eurozone (And Itself) | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Crude Dump, The Dollar & Stocks Jump As Top Houthi Leaders Reportedly Killed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Intel may be about to drop $10 billion on what could be its biggest... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Why the iPad business is cratering, in one chart (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Facebook's new virtual reality game will make you feel like you're in '... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- 10 rules of success Andrew Carnegie used to become incredibly rich | Business Insider
- David Cameron sung a cheesy Benny Hill song to the... | Business Insider