Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IMF Splinters From Rest Of Troika, Threatens To Cut Off Greek Funding | ZeroHedge
- Gates Says Bet On Yuan As IMF Calls Currency Fairly Valued | ZeroHedge
- Ben Bernanke: On The Way From Hero To Zero? | ZeroHedge
- When Not To Go To Court (Spoiler: When The Judge Is Hungry) | ZeroHedge
- Commodities Gone Wild | ZeroHedge
- Dow Fires 1,750 After Boosting Share Buyback Program To $10 Billion | ZeroHedge
- How The Shanghai Composite Can Rise 461% From Here | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cisco names Chuck Robbins as its next CEO | Business Insider
- LIVE: Activist hedge fund manager Barry Rosenstein is talking about Qualcomm | Business Insider
- Climbing firms call off Everest season after quake | Business Insider
- Even the long-term consequences of Greece leaving the euro... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week Highs and... | StreetInsider.com
- Signed first edition of '100 Years of Solitude'... | Business Insider
- How to watch this week's meteor shower created by Halley's... | Business Insider