Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Manufacturing PMI Explodes To 18-Month High, Employment Drops 9th Straight Month | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Ukraine's Government Collapses, PM Yatsenyuk Resigns | ZeroHedge
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- GM Announces Another 718K Recalls, Bringing 2014 Total To Nearly 30 Million | ZeroHedge
- The Rot Within, Part II: Inflation Is Not "Growth" | ZeroHedge
- "Authenticity Is As Rare As A Unicorn In Today's Politically-Motivated Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Bump and Run Coverage | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Where Russia Trains Separatists Before Sending Them Into... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Delta Air Lines Posts Higher Profit on More International Flyers | TheStreet.com
- People In These 11 Countries Feel More Free Than Americans | Business Insider
- 17 Facts About North Korea That Will Blow Your Mind | Business Insider
- The 15 Wildest Things Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Has Ever Said | Business Insider
- Leaked Court Documents Show How Much Steve Ballmer Is Willing To Overpay For The... | Business Insider