Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Banker: "We Can't Make Money Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
- How Greece Has Fallen Victim To "Economic Hit Men" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Dealer Unexpectedly "Suspends Operations" Due To "Significant Transactional Delays" | ZeroHedge
- Is Gold Really Manipulated? Or, Are You Being Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- Greek Banks Considering 30% Haircut On Deposits Over €8,000: FT | ZeroHedge
- Japan’s Yen Has Only Begun to Fall | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hackers targeted employees of a Bitcoin exchange via... | Business Insider
- The most over-the-top tech billionaire vacation homes | Business Insider
- This disgusting video shows the mysterious science of... | Business Insider
- Controversial multibillion-dollar health startup Theranos just got a huge seal of approval... | Business Insider
- Froome more relaxed now he's not champion | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court is ignoring a huge wave in American politics | Business Insider
- 5 reasons 'Secret Wars' is a superhero epic you should be reading right now | Business Insider