Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Left Learned To Love States' Rights | ZeroHedge
- Russia Conspiracy Theorists May Want To Take A Look At John Podesta | ZeroHedge
- White House On Lockdown As Secret Service Investigate "Suspicious Package" | ZeroHedge
- NBC News Signs Former Obama Press Secretary To Provide "Unbiased" Political Commentary | ZeroHedge
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- This Guy Has Eight Passports | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The 4-Hour Workweek'... | Business Insider
- Facebook is copying Snapchat with these new features | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Bitcoin dives after the SEC shoots down plans for another bitcoin ETF | Business Insider
- Johnson & Johnson just launched a $100,000 burnout prevention bootcamp for CEOs (JNJ... | Business Insider
- Fact checking Trump's 'alternative facts' about Mexico | Business Insider
- How an early Facebook employee created a business that... | Business Insider