Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- At Least "Black Box" Glencore Is Less Complex Than Enron | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Completes Weekly Auction Trio With Solid Demand For 30 Year Paper | ZeroHedge
- "You Never Go Full-Krugman": Insane Helicopter Money Calls Continue As Trapped Central Banks Face Keynesian Endgame | ZeroHedge
- Snowden Has A Simple Solution To Get To The Bottom Of The US Afghan Bombing "War Crime" | ZeroHedge
- According To Bernanke, This Was The "Biggest Impact Of QE" | ZeroHedge
- Faith In Central Banks Dwindles | ZeroHedge
- Carmageddon: This Is What 750 Million Chinese Hitting The Road Looks Like | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (MSFT, AAPL, P, TSLA) | Business Insider
- Urban Outfitters is asking employees to work for free | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- FanDuel cofounder on 'insider trading' controversy: 'There... | Business Insider
- 10 Things to Know for Friday | Business Insider
- FanDuel bans employees from all daily fantasy play for... | Business Insider
- Air Force: French train hero stabbed in California | Business Insider