Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Treasury Sells 7Y Paper In Another Mediocre, Tailing Auction; Bond Market Yawns | ZeroHedge
- Libertarian Gary Johnson Has Another "Aleppo Moment" | ZeroHedge
- Major Dollar Shortage Exposed In Europe As Deutsche Bank Contagion Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler, One Week After Telling Brussels "F**k You" | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Best Scream Fests From Today's John Stumpf Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers Says CEO of Large UK Construction Firm | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Federal jury: Costco should pay $5.5 million for... | Business Insider
- THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms... | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution without this report | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Google's cloud chief just explained why Google changed the name of its work product again | Business Insider
- Japan just released a raft of data and most of it was really weak | Business Insider
- Beware of fraudulent IRS emails in your inbox | Business Insider