Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FOMC Minutes Show Many Members Believe Rates Should Rise Sooner | ZeroHedge
- Krugman: War Is BAD for the Economy | ZeroHedge
- UK Bakery Chain Proud To Provide "Shit To Scum For Over 70 Years" | ZeroHedge
- The World Comments On Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Financials/Consumer Staples: Stick With It | Financial Sense
- Pulitzer Prize Winner: Obama Is "The Greatest Enemy Of Press Freedom In A Generation" | ZeroHedge
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm...Like Gold's Sudden Ignorance Of Geopolitical Risk | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Obama To Deliver Statement On ISIS' Beheading Of American Journalist... | Business Insider
- FIFA Has Figured Out That Building Tons Of World Cups Stadiums Is A... | Business Insider
- A Hacker Is Trying To Sell Counterfeit US Money On Reddit | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Player Nearly Scores From The Halfway Line 4 Seconds Into A Champions League Match | Business Insider
- Intel Seen Acquiring MediaTek Within Three Years | TheStreet.com