Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Deutsche Bank Signaling A New Banking Crisis? | ZeroHedge
- After The European Bank Bloodbath, Is Canada Next? | ZeroHedge
- The Simple Daily Practice and How It Saved My Life | Altucher Confidential
- Abenomics Fails Miserably As Japan's Workers "Get Nothing" In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Chesapeake Plummets Over 20% On Report It Has Hired Bankruptcy Attorneys | ZeroHedge
- Credit Better Be Wrong This Time | ZeroHedge
- European Bank Bloodbath Crashes Bond, Stock Markets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- JP MORGAN STRATEGIST: Central banks tried to control the world … and failed... | Business Insider
- Professor who said Christians and Muslims 'worship the same... | Business Insider
- The East Coast is about to get hit with another winter storm | Business Insider
- Margot Robbie accidentally gave someone a misspelled 'Suicide... | Business Insider
- An exercise scientist told us how many pounds you should lose each week if you... | Business Insider
- This is the most popular drink during each decade of the last 100 years | Business Insider
- Inside the network of officials targeted by China's massive anti-corruption... | Business Insider