Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
- The Fed Just Found Its Next Excuse Not To Hike Rates | ZeroHedge
- Candidates Confirm: No Crash This Year | Financial Sense
- The Full Story Behind Bloomberg's Attempt To "Unmask" Zero Hedge | ZeroHedge
- The Woodstock Of Crony Capitalism | ZeroHedge
- US Treasury Gives Explicit Warning To China, Germany And Japan Not To Devalue Their Currencies | ZeroHedge
- What Americans Spent The Most Money On In Q1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is how Taco Bell, Starbucks, and other fast-food chains are... | Business Insider
- Large companies used to gobble up San Francisco real estate, but... | Business Insider
- What cocaine does to your body and brain | Business Insider
- This one question is the key to reading anyone's personality | Business Insider
- RUBENSTEIN: Rich people don't want to be president anymore, they just want... | Business Insider
- China wants to put astronauts on the moon by 2036 | Business Insider
- Why I have a secret, classified email account — and you... | Business Insider