Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Close, But No Cuban Cigar | iBankCoin.com
- HaZMaT BuDDieS... | ZeroHedge
- Equity Futures Open Higher, Retrace 50% Of Losses On USDJPY Kneejerk | ZeroHedge
- SEE ME | iBankCoin.com
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Comfort Zone (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Do You Believe In Chinese Miracles? GDP, Industrial Production Beat; Retail Sales Miss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Proposed British Tax Cut Is The Stupidest... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Yahoo Is Looking To Acquire Video Adtech Platform... | Business Insider
- This Might Be The Worst Job At An Ebola Clinic | Business Insider
- Women Are Going Crazy Over These No-Underwear Yoga Pants | Business Insider
- After Years Of Success, Mind Candy CEO Speak Out About The... | Business Insider
- Foursquare Just Launched A Multi-Million-Dollar Ad Campaign To... | Business Insider
- Google Is Leading A $542 Million Investment In Magic Leap, A Crazy-Sounding Stealth... | Business Insider