Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
- Yale Researcher: 12% Of Liberia's Most Populous County May Have Ebola By December 15 | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Meet Janet Dupree:72, Alcoholic, HIV-Positive, $16,000 In Student Debt: "I Won't Live Long Enough To Pay It Off" | ZeroHedge
- A Fine Week | iBankCoin.com
- The Parrot Is Finally Dead: The Economist Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Biotechs Still a Haunted House for Bears | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Soaring Chromebook Sales Are Great News for Google, Acer, Samsung and HP | TheStreet.com
- US automaker Ford starts luxury Lincoln sales in China | Business Insider
- RALPH NADER: Hey Apple, Stop Listening To Carl Icahn And Pay Your Workers Instead (... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AMZN, MSFT, FB, AAPL,... | Business Insider
- 'John Wick' Is Keanu Reeves' Best Movie Since 'The Matrix' | Business Insider
- Work At BI — Front-End Developer / Web Design Opening - CLONE | Business Insider
- Here's What The MTA Has To Say About Ebola On The Subway | Business Insider