Ride out the Bear Market with Central Fund of Canada (CEF)
Desperate times call for desperate measures. And you have to be pretty desperate if we’re looking to Canada for an investment. Eh?
Besides cooking up flapjacks, watching Hockey and drinking massive amounts of Canadian Lager, the folks at Central Fund of Canada Limited (USA) (Public, AMEX:CEF) have been buying up lots and lots of Gold.
As of October 31, 2005, the company's gold holdings were 614,242 fine oz. of physical bullion and 5,349 fine oz. of gold bullion certificates; and silver holdings were 30,728,142 oz. of physical bullion and 245,572 oz. of silver bullion certificates.
CEF tends to go up when the market goes down, so if you don’t believe the recent upward trend in the markets is sustainable, CEF is where you want to be.
CEF 1 Year Chart:
However, if you think the price of gold is going to fall or the markets are going to turn bullish, run for the hills!
Article Continued Below:
CEF is also a great way to hedge against the American Dollar. The Canadian Dollar has risen 12% against the falling US Dollar in the last year. It’s also a good alternative to gold and silver ETF’s.
While you may not like Flapjacks or Hockey, CEF could make you some money.
Article written by Eric Cheshier
Co-Founder of theStockMasters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An Independent Scotland? | Financial Sense
- Why China's Latest Mini-Stimulus Failed Again, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- A Heatmap Of Global CapEx In An Ex-CapEx World | ZeroHedge
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 2 | Financial Sense
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 1 | Financial Sense
- Babson's Warning | ZeroHedge
- UK Hints At Next Reserve Currency, To Issue Chinese Yuan-Denominated Bond | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AC Milan Player Passes Around The Goalie, Fools Everyone With Backheel Goal | Business Insider
- Yahoo Wants To Scan User Emails To Figure Out... | Business Insider
- Watch Tim Cook's Candid, Heartfelt Interview With Charlie Rose | Business Insider
- Race for votes as Scotland referendum enters home... | Business Insider
- The Incredible Story Of How Alibaba Defeated eBay And Became An Internet... | Business Insider
- Olive Garden's Advertised Menu Items Vs. Reality | Business Insider
- This Crazy Robot Keeps Going Even After Being Run Over And Lit On Fire | Business Insider