How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile, Russia Casually Announces It Will Use Nukes If Attacked | ZeroHedge
- The 'Depressing' Truth Of Greece's Insolvency | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - Part 2: Hope & Defiance | ZeroHedge
- Five Sweet Stocks While the Market is Melting | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- The 5×5 Trick To Make Life Better | Altucher Confidential
- The Politics of Adjustment | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boehner Unloads At Conservative Groups That Oppose The... | Business Insider
- These Are The 10 Healthiest States In The US | Business Insider
- 10 Tech Things You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- 9 Big Ideas That Will Define 2014 | Business Insider
- The Disastrous Rollout Of Obamacare Just Saved The... | Business Insider
- A Huge Chinese Bitcoin Arbitrage Has Disappeared | Business Insider
- Here's Why People Are So Excited That Stanley Fischer Might... | Business Insider