How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Ottawa Shooter Idenfitied As Canadian National Michael Zehaf Bibeau, Whose Passport Was Recently Seized | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- "Saudi's Policy Of Downplaying Oil Prices Will Backfire On Them" | ZeroHedge
- Let This Be a Lesson to You | iBankCoin.com
- It Will Take 398,879,561 Years To Pay Off The US Government's Debt | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Are The Four Most Likely Outcomes To The War In Syria | Business Insider
- Snowplow Driver That Led To Russian Plane Crash Says He... | Business Insider
- Google Is Leading A $542 Million Investment In Magic Leap, A Crazy-Sounding Stealth... | Business Insider
- Welcome To Ranger School, Where The Army's Toughest Soldiers Are Made... | Business Insider
- It May Be A Lot Harder For Bankers To Pop Bottles With Their Clients In The Near Future | Business Insider
- Watch Two Candidates For Governor Actually Debate Who Grew Up... | Business Insider
- Zagat Reveals The Best Restaurants In New York City For 2015 | Business Insider