How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Takes Over 'Riskiest' America Since World War II | ZeroHedge
- Republicans, Democrats, and Voodoo Economics | ZeroHedge
- Asian Media Warns Of Conflict, Economic Turmoil Under "Trump World Order" | ZeroHedge
- The Epidemic Of Bad Ideas | ZeroHedge
- Apple Sues Qualcomm For $1 Billion | ZeroHedge
- An Alternative Perspective On Today's "Women's March" | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Inauguration Live Stream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Researchers say relationships fall into one of 4 patterns — here'... | Business Insider
- One of the largest energy companies says American drillers are splurging again (SLB) | Business Insider
- A medicine doctor reveals the biggest scam about acai berries | Business Insider
- Here's why all Rolex watches have 'Swiss-made' written on them | Business Insider
- There's an easy way to tell if you're talking to an expert or a faker | Business Insider
- Watch protesters and Trump supporters get into a fiery argument on... | Business Insider
- Putin owns a Super Bowl ring thanks to a misunderstanding with Patriots... | Business Insider