How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Negative Interest Rates: The Black Hole of The Financial System | ZeroHedge
- 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Libertarians | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week: April FOMC And Q1 GDP | ZeroHedge
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- The Clinton Global 'Graft' Initiative (Summarized In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Baltimore PD Warns: Gangs Are 'Teaming-Up' To "Take Out Cops" After Freddie Gray Funeral | ZeroHedge
- Just 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Big companies are doing something that would be '... | Business Insider
- Stunning time-lapse shows what LA skies would look like without pollution... | Business Insider
- Facebook adds video calling to Messenger, throws shade at Apple (FB) | Business Insider
- America's kids are finally moving out | Business Insider
- International rescuers, aid dispatched to Nepal quake | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- I only used the Apple Watch for five minutes, and I'm already impressed | Business Insider