How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Investor Opinions Have Become Extremely Uniform, and That's Not Good | Financial Sense
- Iraq Trolls US, Calls Latest Military Operation "We Are At Your Services, Hussein" | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Lacy Hunt on US Endgame and Greatest Risk to Financial Markets | Financial Sense
- How Clinton Foundation Donations Led To Billions In Weapons Sales To Autocratic Regimes | ZeroHedge
- China's Third Bond Default Imminent: Coke Supplier To Miss Payment | ZeroHedge
- Why Russia Is On A Gold Buying Spree | ZeroHedge
- Why "Average Joe" Will Never Do Well In The Stock Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the reality of what you'd earn working as a plus-... | Business Insider
- Apple's next iPhone could come with a new type of screen that's unlike... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's Siri competitor is coming to iPhone (MSFT) | Business Insider
- This tech CEO is doing something that's... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul and Bobby Jindal spent the day fighting over ISIS | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- People with a rare genetic mutation who can't feel pain are... | Business Insider