How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: September 1 | ZeroHedge
- The March Of War | iBankCoin.com
- The Trillion Dollar Bet | iBankCoin.com
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
- These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War | ZeroHedge
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Lock Down Despite Aggressive Plan To Ban Russia From SWIFT, Terrorism & War Risk; Palladium At Multi-Year High Over $900 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Williams-Sonoma Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- The Last Known Passenger Pigeon Died 100 Year Ago Today — Here Are 9 Other Animals That... | Business Insider
- Why J.C. Penney's New Brooklyn Store Is Only Part of the Revival | TheStreet.com
- New iOS 8 Apps Will Work 'Like Magic,' Software Tester Says (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 22 Executives Who Wake Up Really Early | Business Insider
- Cramer: Expect Selling and Don't Buy It | TheStreet.com
- Ukraine soldiers in battle with Russian tanks in... | Business Insider