How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Chart Of The Day: "It's All About The Earnings" | ZeroHedge
- It's Tuesday: Will It Be 19 Out Of 19? | ZeroHedge
- Capital Going TO Russia with Love | iBankCoin.com
- Forecasting Today's Closing Print | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $SOL | iBankCoin.com
- Apple's Tim Cook Defends The Firm's Tax Policy Before The House - Webcast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Accused Of Avoiding Paying Billions In Taxes By... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Chinese Moms Still Love Fisher Price Toys And Americans Don... | Business Insider
- IT'S OFFICIAL: YAHOO ANNOUNCES $1.1 BILLION TUMBLR BUY (YHOO) | Business Insider
- 'Forza Motorsport 5' Revealed As Xbox One Launch Title | Business Insider
- 6 Things You Can Do To Become A Better Trader | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's The Latest Look At The 'Real' Mega Bears | Business Insider