How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Laughable Opening | iBankCoin.com
- It’s Not The Greeks Who Failed, It’s The EU | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Terror Threat | ZeroHedge
- Fear And Dread Of Deflation - The Keynesian Big Lie At Work | ZeroHedge
- New Position(s) On The Books | iBankCoin.com
- As The Middle Class Evaporates, Global Oligarchs Plan Their Escape Form The Impoverished Pleb Masses | ZeroHedge
- The Oils Are Running | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Two Reasons Qualcomm Will Raise Guidance and Surprise Analysts | TheStreet.com
- 20 Of The Safest Cities In The World | Business Insider
- Millions in northeast US buckle down for monster... | Business Insider
- Stocks Nudge Higher as Energy Sector Bounces Back From Lows | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (MSFT, AAPL, FB, GOOG, AMZN, IBM... | Business Insider
- Apple Needs To Answer This Question For The Apple... | Business Insider
- India Put On A Spectacular Show For President Obama On Republic Day | Business Insider