How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LONG | iBankCoin.com
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money” | Altucher Confidential
- U.S. Retail Offsets Eurozone Weakness | Financial Sense
- In Preparation For Tonight's Ferguson Decision | ZeroHedge
- The New Federation | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Rising Risk | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The Only Thing You Need To Know As Goldman's|New York Fed's Bill Dudley Testifies To The Senate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Silicon Valley's Elites Are Obsessed With Poker — And It's Not Just... | Business Insider
- FSU Student Checked Out Library Books Moments Before He Was Shot — They Saved His... | Business Insider
- Fiji hold off US fightback to claim win | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Why This CEO Tells Job Candidates About Mistakes She's Made | Business Insider
- Bitcoin Enthusiasts Are Flocking To This Crazy Spanish... | Business Insider
- 10 Surprising Things That Are Worth Less Than Apple | TheStreet.com