How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Edward Snowden Warns, Whatever You Do, Don't Use Google Allo | ZeroHedge
- How Sand Is Leading to a Fracking Comeback | Financial Sense
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Russian Foreign Ministry Responds To US Accusations: "The Real Barbarism Is What You Did In Libya and Iraq" | ZeroHedge
- BofA Fined $12.5 Million For Creating At Least 15 Mini "Flash Crashes" | ZeroHedge
- George Soros' False Flag Factories | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hollywood doesn’t like women over 30 — and more findings on gender from a... | Business Insider
- The best dessert in 24 countries around the world | Business Insider
- Skinnygirl founder Bethenny Frankel says Ellen DeGeneres gave her the best... | Business Insider
- Spotify’s new Daily Mix promises a never-ending, never-boring... | Business Insider
- 'It was a real problem': Trump... | Business Insider
- We tested what might be one of the best pairs of sweatpants out there | Business Insider
- Clinton calls out Trump for Iraq War support: 'That is absolutely proved over and... | Business Insider