How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 6 Reasons Why ECB Will Avoid QE As Long As Possible (And Why The Fed Did It) | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Proclaims Peso Devaluation "Obviously Won't Happen" - Just Like It "Vowed" In 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Abegeddon: Household Spending Re-Collapses As Japanese Unemployment Jumps To 9-Month High | ZeroHedge
- Rand Paul Slams US Interventionists' "Unhinged Foreign Policy" For Abetting The Rise Of ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Obama's National Security Council Meeting Has Concluded: Here Are The People Bringing You ISIS "Strategy" | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- UK's Cameron Goes Full Scaremonger: "We Will Be Fighting ISIS For Decades" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DAVID TICE: Stocks Will Fall 30%-60% (SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, DIA) | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- T-Mobile's Relentless Attack On The Biggest Wireless Carriers Will... | Business Insider
- 46 Of The Biggest Tennis Players In Finance | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Here's How The World's Richest Terrorist Group Makes Millions Every Day | Business Insider
- RadioShack Shares Have Been On An Absolute Tear (RSH) | Business Insider