How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Shocking Reason Putin Isn't Worried About The $50 Billion Yukos Ruling | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $TLT | iBankCoin.com
- Marc Faber Responds To CNBC Mockery, Asks "How Has CNBC's Portfolio Done Since 1999?" | ZeroHedge
- Boots On The Ground In Ukraine: "I Needed To See This For Myself" | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $ZPIN | iBankCoin.com
- ADP Tumbles From June Exuberance, Misses 3rd Of Last 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Mind This Junk Buried in the Trunk | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why Instagram's Demographics Are So Attractive To Brands | Business Insider
- Inside TMZ's Awesome Office Space And TV Studio In Downtown LA | Business Insider
- This Concept Bicycle Could Fit Inside A Backpack | Business Insider
- A Broken Water Main Has Put Most Of UCLA's Campus Under Water | Business Insider
- Twitter's CEO Tells Us His Vision For... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- 9 Subtle Things Leaders Do That Show They Have Integrity | Business Insider