How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
- Weekly Initial Jobless Claims and the S&P 500 | Financial Sense
- Bonds & Bullion Tumble As Stocks Stumble On Macro Weakness | ZeroHedge
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
- Company In Which Joe Biden's Son Is Director Prepares To Drill Shale Gas In East Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- The IMF's Comedy Of Quarterly Errors Reveals The Biggest Hockeystick You Have Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
- No Inflation Friday: Dollarized Panama Issues Price Controls For Basic Goods | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 New Posters For 'The Avengers' Sequel Show The Superheroes Drowning In... | Business Insider
- Amazon Is Tanking This Morning (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- German Business Confidence Continues To Fall | Business Insider
- The 15 Best Tech CEOs To Work For | Business Insider
- Amazon Plunges: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- The NFL Is Suspending Ray Rice For 2 Games For Allegedly Knocking His Wife Unconcious | Business Insider