How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- David Stockman Blasts "America's Housing Fiasco Is On You, Alan Greenspan" | ZeroHedge
- Another Sign That Central Planning Works: Condom Shortage In Cuba | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rickards on the Death of Money, China, and Financial Warfare | Financial Sense
- China Goes Dark: PBOC To Keep Goldbugs Clueless About Its Gold Buying Spree | ZeroHedge
- Why Putin Is Smiling At The Bond Market's Blockade Of Russia | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $SPLK | iBankCoin.com
- The Hangover | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McDonald's Customer Traffic Nosedive In One Chart | Business Insider
- Netflix Delivers Solid Earnings, The Stock Takes Off (NFLX) | Business Insider
- Brittney Griner Makes 12 Times As Much Money Playing Basketball In China | Business Insider
- The Founder Of Struggling Startup Fab Asked Employees Why They Still Work There | Business Insider
- Low-Budget Religious Movie ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Crushed It At The Box... | Business Insider
- McDonald's Sales And Earnings Miss Expectations (MCD) | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman Has An Herbalife Whistleblower On His Payroll | Business Insider