How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Government Historians Admit Statue Of Liberty Was Originally A Muslim Woman | ZeroHedge
- Dirty Connecticut Mayor (Sentenced To Prison For Corruption) Reelected In Landslide | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- Putin Accuses Obama Of Leaking Flight Details To Turkey After Russia Releases Video Of S-400 SAM Deployment In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: A Hybrid War To Break The Balkans? | ZeroHedge
- And The 'Fakest' Country In The World Is... | ZeroHedge
- What Does History Say About the First Rate Hike and Stocks? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pope presses case for adequate, dignified housing in... | Business Insider
- The Latest: German authorities arrest arms dealer suspect... | Business Insider
- Tunisia, targeted anew, faces intelligence challenge | Business Insider
- Disney is demonstrating what 'pricing power' is all about at its... | Business Insider
- Cutler, Bears hold off Packers 17-13 at rainy Lambeau | Business Insider
- Burkina Faso: 'Large-scale attack' thwarted ahead... | Business Insider
- Boston police say no investigation in apparent Okafor... | Business Insider