How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is What Yellen Told Congress When Asked If The Fed Is Boosting The Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Dramatic Erosion Of America's Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Congressional Hopeful Wants To "Make America White Again" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jun 22, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- China's Petro-State "Lender Of Last Resort" Conundrum | ZeroHedge
- Is The Market Looking At It Wrong: "Buy US Assets In Case Of Brexit" Says Greg Peters | ZeroHedge
- Tyler Kling of Macro-Ops Says Junk Bonds Will Signal Equity Market Inflection Point | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A widely used flu vaccine isn't working | Business Insider
- 3 reasons why summer is the best time to meet someone new | Business Insider
- 13 of the best 'office hacks,' according to an ex-Googler | Business Insider
- Periscope's CEO... | Business Insider
- These solar powered, floating homes could be the future of housing | Business Insider
- Supreme Court rules you cannot arrest a... | Business Insider
- Here come new home sales ... | Business Insider