How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Study says US data 'leaked' to key traders | ZeroHedge
- Monetary Policy Endgames: Musings, Misgivings, and Markets | Financial Sense
- One Man (Who Is Not A Fan Of Trump) Explains Why Trump Winning Is Good For Democracy | ZeroHedge
- License To Steal: Italy’s Highest Court Rules “Theft Not A Crime If Hungry” | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle As Demand Fears Grow | ZeroHedge
- Where Does The U.S. Get Its Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Traders Are Getting Angrier With Every Passing Day | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A man in jail died after getting shocked with a stun gun and... | Business Insider
- Turkish lawmakers had an all-out brawl just days after they postponed a... | Business Insider
- John Kerry just drew a new red line for Assad in Syria | Business Insider
- Spotify just fixed the most annoying thing about its iPhone app design | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington lied to costars to keep... | Business Insider
- NBA playoff game's crazy ending included a fan grabbing... | Business Insider
- One of the hottest teen brands from a decade ago just filed for bankruptcy... | Business Insider