How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Unveils The "Bogey" For NIRP In The US | ZeroHedge
- Apple's Trek to the Ordinary | ZeroHedge
- Inflation is the Monster Hiding in the Closet (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Is Deutsche Bank Signaling A New Banking Crisis? | ZeroHedge
- 10-Year Old Austrian Boy Raped By Iraqi Refugee Due To "Sexual Emergency" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A former Goldman Sachs employee has condensed an entire MBA into one online... | Business Insider
- Why one CEO won't hire you if you don't have a hobby | Business Insider
- Professor who said Christians and Muslims 'worship the same... | Business Insider
- This is the internet's favorite wireless mouse | Business Insider
- Fox just released a Super Bowl ad for the next 'X-Men' movie... | Business Insider
- Los Angeles is tearing down a landmark bridge from 1930's... | Business Insider
- The world has never seen a mining scheme like this | Business Insider