How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama To Sign Off On Lethal US Aid To Ukraine By End Of Week, Russian Response To Follow | ZeroHedge
- What is China’s Banking System Telling Us? | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production | Financial Sense
- Russian Currency Crisis and Defaults Could Create Contagion in West | ZeroHedge
- "The USDRUB Pair Will Be Discontinued Due To Recent Instability Of The Russian Ruble" | ZeroHedge
- We’re At War | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Central Bank Releases 7 Measures It Will Take To Stabilize The Financial Sector | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet The Successful App Developer Who Transformed His Van Into His Most... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Sen. Al Franken Blasts Uber For Tiptoeing Around His Questions About The... | Business Insider
- 2015 Biotech Drug/Stock Outlook: Here's What You Need to Know | TheStreet.com
- India Just Tested A Submarine Capable Of Firing Nuclear Warheads From Sea | Business Insider
- Get Ready For The Hack Attack That Drives A Big Company Out Of... | Business Insider
- Aaron Sorkin: Male Film Roles Are More Difficult... | Business Insider