How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap May 24, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Ralph Acampora: Technicians Are Very Bearish Right Now | Financial Sense
- Iran's Ayatollah: "The US Can't Do A Damn Thing About Our Missile Program" | ZeroHedge
- The War On Cash Is A War On Your Freedom To Opt Out | ZeroHedge
- Retail Department Store Carnage: Amazon to Blame? Mish 12-Point Summation | Financial Sense
- Panic-Buyers Lift WTI Crude Back Over $48 | ZeroHedge
- The World's Cheapest (& Most Expensive) Places To Sin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Angelina Jolie has been hired as a professor at the London School of Economics | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- The world's largest refugee camp is closing soon | Business Insider
- The largest US luxury homebuilder crushed earnings but acknowledged the big problem in... | Business Insider
- This new $70 device might be one of the best products of the year | Business Insider
- A world champion public speaker gave us his... | Business Insider
- The original winner of 'The Apprentice' never... | Business Insider