How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukraine - NATO, the EU, and the US vs. Putin | Financial Sense
- The Five Elements to Understanding the Truth About Everything | ZeroHedge
- Europe Weakens Again As Investors Seek The Safety Of... Portuguese Stocks! | ZeroHedge
- "Magic" Collateral: A Frank Look At The Sheer Credit Horror About To Be Unleashed In China | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season in the Rearview Mirror | Financial Sense
- Definitely Some Distribution | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Close Down Despite Last Hour Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REVEALED: How Bill Ackman Has Been Lobbying To Bring Down A Company That He's Bet $1... | Business Insider
- How the iPhone Air Gives Apple a Boost | TheStreet.com
- WHAT HATH QE WROUGHT? Jeff Gundlach Answers In This Excellent Presentation | Business Insider
- '300' Sequel Takes Down DreamWorks Animation's 'Peabody... | Business Insider
- Barack Obama Appeared On 'Between Two Ferns,' And It Was Amazing | Business Insider
- The Cowboys Cut DeMarcus Ware To Save $7 Million In Cap Room | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com