How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Presenting ISIS-Beating "Mad Max" Battle Tanks And Buses | ZeroHedge
- Europe On Triple-Dip Alert After German Manufacturing Posts First Contraction In 15 Months | ZeroHedge
- There’s Plenty of Deals to Discuss This Morning | iBankCoin.com
- How Rising Interest Rates Could Spell the End of the U.S. Energy Boom | Financial Sense
- Hong Kong Protesters Give Wednesday Deadline For Reform As Chinese Army Watches From Above | ZeroHedge
- Singapore Global Gold Hub Cometh - Launches Kilo Bar Contract And Gold ATMs | ZeroHedge
- Manufacturing Runs | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Incredible Life Of Bill Gates, Who Is Still America's Richest Man | Business Insider
- Stunning Drone Footage Shows Just How... | Business Insider
- 'Modern Family' Editor Live-Tweets Plane Passenger... | Business Insider
- What, Me Worry? 4 Reasons Why We're Not at a Market Top Yet | TheStreet.com
- NFL Says Muslim Player Who Got A 15-Yard Penalty For Praying... | Business Insider
- How Online Ad Exchanges Are Making Inroads Against TV Networks | TheStreet.com
- How An Alleged Criminal Cheating Ring May Have Wrecked A 3rd-... | Business Insider