Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming US | ZeroHedge
- "There Must Not Be A Bail In": Germany Vows "No Debt Relief For Greece" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Nominee For Navy Secretary Withdraws | ZeroHedge
- EU Lawmakers Urge "Federal Union" For European States... Or Else | ZeroHedge
- Trump Says He Will Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner | ZeroHedge
- "Where Does This Crisis End?" - Kurt Schlichter Lays Out The Left's Violent Endgame | ZeroHedge
- Vehicle Plows Into New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade, Injuring 28; Driver In Custody | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- comScore adds YouTube mobile metrics (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The fight against Alzheimer's has suffered a hammer... | Business Insider
- People are rediscovering a great American artist from World War I | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- How California could secede from the US relatively easily | Business Insider
- UN Secretary General: Disregard for basic human rights 'is a... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek