Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Pathetic 'Talk Therapy' Of Janet Yellen | ZeroHedge
- Oil Price Collapse: Supply or Demand? | Financial Sense
- The Fed Waited Too Long: Here Comes Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Termites Beneath USD Foundation Masked by Strength Against Euro/Yen | Financial Sense
- Welcome To Obama-Land | ZeroHedge
- Despite Record Stocks & Surging Wage Inflation, Consumer Comfort Plunges Most In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WWE star Seth Rollins went on 'The Daily Show' to... | Business Insider
- The science of impressing people has nothing to do with your accomplishments | Business Insider
- Why Greece needs a basic income | Business Insider
- After Arsenal, mean Monaco look to lock out PSG | Business Insider
- A child genius explains how she can memorize a... | Business Insider
- It only took 6 hours for the "King of Instagram" to get suspended from... | Business Insider
- RBS CEO Ross McEwan says his own bank is a 'bruising place to work' | Business Insider