Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
- Gold - Watch the €1000 Level | Financial Sense
- Goldman Warns Tesla Will Need To Raise At Least Another $6 Billion | ZeroHedge
- This Pension Fund Is Daytrading Your Retirement Funds, With Up To 500% Leverage | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Strong Dollar Undermines Precious Metals | Financial Sense
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kranjcar leaves it late to rescue QPR against Stoke | Business Insider
- Here's How The Kurdish Peshmerga's Female Fighters Prepare For Battle... | Business Insider
- YouTube Is Paying Millions To Keep Its Biggest Stars On... | Business Insider
- Another Huge Middle Eastern Country With An Al Qaeda Franchise Is On The Verge Of... | Business Insider
- Weather forces delay to SpaceX mission to space station | Business Insider
- Pet animals become victims of Ebola scare in Ivory Coast | Business Insider
- 9 Charts And Maps That Will Make You Ashamed Of America's... | Business Insider