Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I ENDEAVOR TO LIVE THE LINDZON LIFESTYLE | iBankCoin.com
- Money Printing And The Bane Of Financial Engineering - How The Biggest LBO In History Blew-Up | ZeroHedge
- Another Reason To Move Away From California: "Conditions Are Like A Third-World Country" | ZeroHedge
- Forget The Snow, It's The Drought That Is Crushing The US Economy | ZeroHedge
- THe SHiLL ON THe CiTaDeL... | ZeroHedge
- Has the Dollar-Gold Correlation Broken Down? | Financial Sense
- Which Nation Is Bob Pisani Talking About? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay offered... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Injury-hit Real tasked with breaking down Atletico wall | Business Insider
- Juve have Champions League semis in sight against... | Business Insider
- IBM: We are KILLING it in our hottest, most important markets (IBM) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com