Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If The Fed Doesn't Restart QE, A Yield Curve Inversion (& Economic Dislocation) Is Imminent | ZeroHedge
- How Many Monitors Does The Co-CEO Of The World's Biggest Hedge Fund Need | ZeroHedge
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- "The Americans Give Us Nothing": France Effectively Kills TTIP, Calls For End To Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- White Lives Matter Has Been Branded A "Hate Group" | ZeroHedge
- The Most Important Thing Willy Wonka Ever Said | Altucher Confidential
- Obama Admits 10,000 Syrian Refugees: This Is Where They Are Headed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Taylor Swift was dismissed from jury duty on a sexual-assault case because of bias | Business Insider
- The Fed isn't the only game in town | Business Insider
- 21 highly successful people who prove getting fired doesn't mean your career is... | Business Insider
- Researchers think they've found a great white shark nursery right off the... | Business Insider
- Deep Linking Explained: The differences between basic... | Business Insider
- A glowing, gutted jumbo jet is roaming around Burning Man | Business Insider
- How to watch this week's breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar... | Business Insider