Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- Japan: An Inflection Point | Financial Sense
- John Lewis Lied: History Reveals He Did Not Attend George Bush's 2000 Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- Why Morgan Stanley Thinks Stocks "Will Do Worse Under The New Administration" | ZeroHedge
- "They Are The Opposition Party" - Trump May Evict Press From The White House | ZeroHedge
- Trump Responds To CIA Chief Brennan, Asks "Was He The Leaker Of Fake News?" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Tweets "Car Companies Have To Start Making Things Here Again" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is on an unreal tear, utilizing a style... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Aaron Rodgers explains how he throws the perfect Hail Mary | Business Insider
- 20 strategies that will help you save $20,000 this year | Business Insider
- LinkedIn's head of recruiting explains why... | Business Insider
- How Iran made the US look weak with a tiny, outdated navy and some old ballistic missiles | Business Insider
- Spray this invisible, edible coating on produce and it will last five... | Business Insider