Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Single Largest Misallocation of Capital in History | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Bull Market in Bonds Now Ending - Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Greece Was 20 Votes Away From Defaulting This Weekend | ZeroHedge
- McDonalds Responds To Minimum Wage Protests | ZeroHedge
- Greece's Problem | ZeroHedge
- What Exactly Is Going On At Lake Mead? | ZeroHedge
- There Is No Longer A Market: Citigroup Confirms What Zero Hedge Has Said Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pentagon slams Iraqi forces for 'failing to fight... | Business Insider
- Rosberg completes Monaco Grand Prix hat-trick | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The 8 essential items you need in your home survival kit | Business Insider
- How the American economic story changed in just a few weeks | Business Insider
- Prince slams waste of 'self-serving' FIFA leader | Business Insider
- Sharapova, Murray get French Open bids underway | Business Insider