Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Campaign Releases "Ten Inconvenient Truths About The Clinton Foundation" | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Mirage of Spending Cuts Will Make America’s Collapse Great | ZeroHedge
- Project Mayhem - Man Calmly Enters Apple Store And Crushes Every iPhone In Sight With A Ball Bearing | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Now Smaller Than Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Destructive Education Models Bankrupting US: New Models Needed | Financial Sense
- Going The Way Of The Denarius | ZeroHedge
- Watch This Key Level | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why a mysterious black briefcase follows the US president everywhere | Business Insider
- We spent a day with the people who fly and fix the F-35 — here's what they have to say about... | Business Insider
- 9 science-backed ways to be a happier person | Business Insider
- The FDA gives out 'Willy Wonka golden tickets' to fast-track new drugs for kids... | Business Insider
- Here's the best way to keep your smartphone charged when you're off the grid | Business Insider
- THE REGTECH REPORT:... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek