Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Cows Versus Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Premier Li Admits Central Planning May Not Be Optimal | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 25 New Yorkers Is A Millionaire | ZeroHedge
- The Catalysts for a Correction | Financial Sense
- No Data, Mo War, No Worries: S&P Hits New Record High | ZeroHedge
- Two-Thirds Of Chinese Consumers No Longer Trust Western Fast-Food As "Meat Scandal" Spreads Across Asia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Is Placing A Massive Initial Order Of 70-80 Million iPhone 6s (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A Boston Hedge Fund Just Made $950 Million On One Stock Today (PBYI) | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' Creator Uses This Simple Productivity Hack... | Business Insider
- This Cutting-Edge Driving Simulator Helps Prevent Car Crashes Before They... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Carl Icahn, Josh Brown And More Finance Brains Just Started Blogging On A New Yahoo Tumblr... | Business Insider
- An Unprecedented Look Inside Iran From A Getty Photographer | Business Insider