Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow Futures Down 900 Points From Pre-Brexit Highs, Plunge Below Friday's Crash Lows | ZeroHedge
- Boris Johnson Wins Key Support To Become PM As Labour Leader Foils Leadership Coup | ZeroHedge
- 'Cost-Burdened-Renters' Surge To Historic Highs As Hillbama-nomics Fails For Low-Income Faithful | ZeroHedge
- What the Bond Market Is Telling Investors | Financial Sense
- Is Brexit The First Of Many Dominoes? A Few Charts | ZeroHedge
- The Rebellion Is Real; Brexit Was Merely A Warning | ZeroHedge
- Global Institutions May Be Susceptible To Hackers, SWIFT Remains Vulnerable | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German chancellor Angela Merkel is in no hurry to see... | Business Insider
- A huge shift happening in the fitness industry is threatening... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- Bill Clinton just made a big style mistake — here's what you can learn from it | Business Insider
- EU commissioner: Volkswagen should pay... | Business Insider
- 16 incredible Asian destinations that haven't been discovered by tourists | Business Insider
- Alert: Fintech revolution hits roadblocks | Business Insider