Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not | Financial Sense
- EMERGENCY ASSHAT AWARD: COLLIN GILLIS | iBankCoin.com
- A Quality Gem | iBankCoin.com
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
- Short Seller Caught On Tape | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks Ready for Battle Today | iBankCoin.com
- How Can You Have a Recovery Without Jobs Creators? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google Is Leading A $542 Million Investment In Magic Leap, A Crazy-Sounding Stealth... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Why The Government Is Filing Lawsuits Against Huge Piles Of... | Business Insider
- Here Comes 5G — The Technology That Will Make Your Smartphone Nearly 50 Times... | Business Insider
- Asia shares boosted by Wall St rally | Business Insider
- 10 Crazy Meat Dishes I Ate At New York's 'Carnivore's Ball' | Business Insider
- Why Young College-Educated People Are Flocking To Houston | Business Insider