Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Reason Why The Netherlands Repatriated Its Gold | ZeroHedge
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
- LooTeRS!!! | ZeroHedge
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
- Forget Orwell And Rand, We’ve Gone To Full On Plato | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Signaling Near-Term Caution | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- All Blacks in quest to continue Wales domination | Business Insider
- Arsenal, Man United in Premier League duel to stay in... | Business Insider
- South Korean export muscle sapped by weak yen | Business Insider
- The ‘Freemium’ Model Is Brilliant, But It’s Ruining My Life | Business Insider
- 54 Bizarre Ways You Can Track The Economy | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- FARC to free Colombian general, others next week:... | Business Insider