Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Carving Out a Good Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- Kill The Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- In Cased You Missed it, Recap of Japan Overnight Into Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- Putting The Fallacy Of QE Into Perspective | ZeroHedge
- Globalization = Permanent Instability | ZeroHedge
- Out For A Loss | iBankCoin.com
- FOMC Ends QE; Reiterates "Considerable Time" for Low Rates | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Royal Bank of Scotland sets aside £400m for forex probes | Business Insider
- Eurozone inflation up, unemployment steady: Eurostat | Business Insider
- Here's How The New College Football Playoff Works | Business Insider
- Foreign jihadists flock to Iraq, Syria on '... | Business Insider
- Burkina President Compaore says not resigning, open to... | Business Insider
- 5 Things Powerful People Never Say At Work | Business Insider
- Chinese Authorities Are Shocked By The Results Of The... | Business Insider