Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Bubble Finally Burst - Which One's Next? | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Sell Real Estate? | Financial Sense
- Islam In The Heart Of England And France | ZeroHedge
- Naysayer Reality Check: Waymo’s Self-Driving Taxi Debuts in Phoenix, for Free | Financial Sense
- California Farmland To Plunge "20% Or More" As Returns Sink To Lowest Level Since 1992 | ZeroHedge
- WTI/RBOB Jump On Largest Crude Draw In 2017 Offset By Major Product Build, Rising Production | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Throws Up On US Steel's "Nightmare On Elm Street" Results | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- As the American middle class shrinks, Starbucks sees Ferguson store... | Business Insider
- We shadowed a bunch of Wall Streeters during an... | Business Insider
- Samsung shrugged off the Galaxy Note 7... | Business Insider
- It looks like the end of foreign aid as we know it is... | Business Insider
- 7 things that should be free but aren't | Business Insider
- This computer monitor can track your eyes, and it's a great new... | Business Insider
- United's CEO bought a full page ad in dramatic... | Business Insider