Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Federal Reserve Accidentally Admits It Is Causing Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- How the US Dollar Influences Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- The SEC's Latest Investigative Tactic: Bar Hopping With Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Former McDonalds CEO Crushes The Minimum Wage Lie: "It's Cheaper To Buy A Robot Than Hire At $15/Hour" | ZeroHedge
- Americans - The New Second-Class Citizens | ZeroHedge
- The Truth Behind The Surge In Conservative "Extremism" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This beautiful new plane has a feature we've never seen before | Business Insider
- 'The world is full of monsters': Steven Spielberg tells Harvard... | Business Insider
- Meet the execs running Google's most important products (GOOG) | Business Insider
- A finance exec says the best way to... | Business Insider
- 100 products that will make your home better | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is trying to rebrand the Republican Party | Business Insider
- There’s one overlooked industry at the heart of all of our modern conveniences | Business Insider