Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Bankers Will Choose To Fly Instead Of Die" - Why Bill Gross Thinks Helicopter Money Is Imminent | ZeroHedge
- Core Durable Goods Orders Tumble For 14th Month To Lowest Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 4 | ZeroHedge
- Eight "New Normal" Charts That Are Insanely Abnormal (And Dangerous) | ZeroHedge
- As The Sohn Conference Begins, This Is How Last Year's Hedge Fund Picks Did | ZeroHedge
- Where Does The U.S. Get Its Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Migrant Rape Epidemic Reaches Austria | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Clinton is already thinking of ways to pick off... | Business Insider
- 'Family Guy' just took a big shot at Donald Trump in a new ad | Business Insider
- 'Help! My coworker's gross allergies are driving the entire office insane... | Business Insider
- Amazon Prime members can still order Mother's Day flowers in time for... | Business Insider
- Median family income is lower than it was in 2000 | Business Insider
- TRUMP FIRES BACK: 'I am not ready to support Speaker Ryan's... | Business Insider
- Digital Currency Group prepares for regulation | Business Insider