Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Treasury Curve Collapse Signals Multiple Expansion Exuberance Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- The Retail Trader Lockout - Today's 'Market' "Issues" Were Worse Than The Flash Crash | ZeroHedge
- The DSKing Of Christine Lagarde: IMF Head Formally Charged In Fraud Probe | ZeroHedge
- Perfect Strangers United | iBankCoin.com
- 4 Setups For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Going Out on a Light Note | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BEST BUY: Our Stores Are Still Losing To The Internet (BBY) | Business Insider
- 'The Internet Of Things' Will Change Virtually Everything... | Business Insider
- S&P 500 CLOSES ABOVE 2,000 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER: Here's What You Need To Know (... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Here's The Story Of A Spectacular CIA Screw-Up That Could Cause Journalist James Risen To... | Business Insider
- Delta Is Right on the Ex-Im Bank -- Too Bad the Tea Party Is Its Biggest Ally | TheStreet.com
- New Poll Shows Mitt Romney Would Dominate In Iowa | Business Insider