Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Burger King’s Proposal To McDonald’s Results In Flame-Broiled Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- Presenting The Annotated Chinese Equity Bubble Timeline | ZeroHedge
- China Exclaims "We Were Wronged" - Demands Fed Delay Rate Hike, Reiterates Blame For Market Rout | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In Greece, Pension Funds Tap Emergency Loans | ZeroHedge
- How China's Currency Policies Will Change the World | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: August 27 | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant Warns "The Fed Turned The Stock Market Into A 'Hall Of Mirrors'" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Theater sees record sales after Kevin Bacon announcement | Business Insider
- Colombian garbage collector rescues books for children | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about as futures rally on Wednesday (... | Business Insider
- Tolkien's first, 'undeniably darkest' prose... | Business Insider
- Two Kenyans fail drugs tests at athletics world... | Business Insider
- Here's the Chinese factory where Airbus assembles its most popular plane | Business Insider
- Judge upholds Tennessee lethal injection method | Business Insider