Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Banks Shedding Asset Management Businesses | Financial Sense
- S&P Retraces Half "Putin-Press-Conference" Gains | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Sentiment Report: Is There Another Rabbit in the Hat? | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Silver Spikes Most In A Month As Gold Tops $1350 | ZeroHedge
- Watch As Former Chris Christie Aide Bridget Anne Kelly Pleads The Fifth In Bridgegate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- How The 1% Travel To SXSW | Business Insider
- CHART: Plane Accidents Are Remarkably Rare At Cruising Altitude | Business Insider
- You Can Fix A MacBook By Baking It In An Oven Like A Pie | Business Insider
- How Friends Can Let You Access Your Facebook Account If You Get Locked Out | Business Insider
- Syrian Medics Have So Little Medical Supplies... | Business Insider