Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Latest Market-Rigging Scandal, ITG Busted For Frontrunning Clients In Its Dark Pool | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Load Up on Gold? | Financial Sense
- "Why Commodities Defaults Could Spread", UBS Explains | ZeroHedge
- Former FDIC Head Sheila Bair Resigns From Parent Of World's Largest Subprime Auto Lender | ZeroHedge
- "The Virtuous Emerging Market Cycle Is Turning Vicious" Albert Edwards Remembers The 1997 Asian Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 31 | ZeroHedge
- Thoughts About Chinese Stocks, Reserves, and SDR Inclusion | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's an awkward contradiction at the center of... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump's poll surge is just a brief 'loss of sanity'... | Business Insider
- Photos of New Zealand's glow worm-filled cave world... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- RBS is bailing out of China | Business Insider
- France and Russia reached a compensation deal for the $1.3 billion... | Business Insider
- Greece is having trouble agreeing to the bailout it agreed to (GREK) | Business Insider