Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Fears Spook Investors (Again) | ZeroHedge
- The War On Cash - The Central Banks' Survival Campaign | ZeroHedge
- This Is The NIRP "Doom Loop" That Threatens To Wipeout Banks And The Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- Little Flesh Wound for Oil Shorts, Feb. 12, 2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- The Complete Idiot's Guide To Being Right About Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- JPM's Kolanovic Warns Upcoming Recession Could Be Comparable To 2008 Crisis; Says "Buy Gold, Cash And VIX" | ZeroHedge
- Despite Crashing Japan, European, U.S. Markets Rebound On Firmer Oil | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are all the different... | Business Insider
- 17 perfect last-minute Valentine's Day gifts for stylish guys | Business Insider
- Navy SEAL shows how they're trained to resist interrogations | Business Insider
- Medvedev: Russia is not bombing civilians in Syria | Business Insider
- The massive Takata airbag recall became a two-... | Business Insider
- Share buybacks are exploding —here's how you can enjoy the ride | Business Insider
- 14 ways an economist might say 'I love you' | Business Insider