Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow … or Reverse | Financial Sense
- What San Francisco Housing Reveals About The Fourth Global Liquidity Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Peak IPO | ZeroHedge
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Buy Junk | iBankCoin.com
- Near-Record Trulia Shorts Crushed After Zillow Acquires Incomeless Company For $3.5 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Italian Police Grab $150 Million Assets From Nomura For Defrauding Government | ZeroHedge
- Russia Slams "Puzzling And Unprecedented" $50 Billion Yukos Award, Challenges "One-Sided" Court Ruling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan Unleashed Abenomics A Year And A Half Ago — Here's How It's Going | Business Insider
- Will This Estimate Increase Help General Electric Stock Today? | TheStreet.com
- The Godfather Of Las Vegas Sports Betting Is Auctioning His Rancho Santa Fe Mansion For... | Business Insider
- Researchers Think They've Discovered A Happiness Gene | Business Insider
- EL POLLO LOCO CLOSES UP 43% (LOCO, CMG) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- American Families Haven't Made Much Of A Comeback Since The Great Recession | Business Insider