Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today Athens, Tomorrow Madrid | ZeroHedge
- Energy Stocks: Where’s the Bottom? | Financial Sense
- Larry Summers Warns on Fed Rate Hikes | Financial Sense
- Inverted Balance Sheets and Doubling the Financial Bet | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Jan 23, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- The End of the Bull Market? | Financial Sense
- Spot The Difference: ISIS Or Saudi Arabia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 17 Things You Didn't Know About India | Business Insider
- China And Pakistan Are Much Closer Than People Think | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Pressure mounts on Russia as Ukraine rebels launch... | Business Insider
- Indonesia search team to float AirAsia fuselage | Business Insider
- Here Is Absolutely Everything We Know About The 2015 Super Bowl Ads So Far | Business Insider