Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Angry Dems Play The Blame Game Over Hillary Loss As the Infighting Escalates | ZeroHedge
- "My Government Ends Here" Renzi Resigns After Losing Italian Referendum: The Full Rundown | ZeroHedge
- Circadian Rhythms and the Microbiome | Financial Sense
- After ISIS Machete Attack, Ohio Students Still Unable To Say The Word "Terrorist" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Saber Rattles China, Heightens His Anti-Globalist Rhetoric on Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Ford CEO Expresses Interest In Working With Trump; Says Less Regulation Is Key To Saving U.S. Jobs | ZeroHedge
- These Countries Have Nearly "Eliminated Cash From Circulation" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- This Canadian rewards app has 70,000 millennials using it — now, it's... | Business Insider
- Al Gore told us why he really should get credit for the internet | Business Insider
- Apple needs to hire some teens to help with its social media strategy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's the real cost of the '12 days of Christmas' | Business Insider
- The wages of construction workers could skyrocket... | Business Insider
- 6 research-backed ways to live a happier and more... | Business Insider