Apple Crucified After-Hours
By now you have heard and can't believe it. Apple Inc (AAPL) was defeated by Wall Street after the close. 50 million iPhones an a stellar guidance wasn't enough.
The stock tanked 8% after-hours and will most likely open between $508 to $515.
NASDAQ: AAPL - Jan 27 7:59 PM ET
Apple Proves That Our Society Stinks
BY Rocco Pendola | 01/27/14 - 07:15 PM EST
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lately, I've been down about the negativity that saturates our society.
You see it everywhere. From the knee-jerk reaction to label Richard Sherman a thug to snark about The Grammys. The only conclusion of certainty I can come to about negativity in our world of outrage is that it's depressingly pervasive.
I've feel like crap for the past few weeks as I reflect on my role in contributing, in some small way, to this human condition. And, no joke, I undertook this psychological exercise independent of Glenn Beck's public revelation.
In and of itself, my participation in this world of outrage and seemingly endemic negativity, marked by equal parts snark, skepticism and cynicism, means little. I'm a pimple on the larger affliction's hind end. However, when you consider the cumulative and, hence, corrosive effects, my involvement -- and yours, assuming you're among the guilty as charged -- matters. Continue at theStreet.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When Pigs Can No Longer Fly, It's a Big Deal | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Rise At Slowest Pace Since 2014, April Revised Lower | ZeroHedge
- Cuba Inc. – Long Way to Go Before Opening to the Free Market | Financial Sense
- Technically Speaking - Bears Are Winning | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- Dow Tumbles 200 Points - Gives Up 2015 Gains | ZeroHedge
- DOW PLUMMETS; “THE FLY” IS WITHOUT REFRIGERATION | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We've grown way more accepting of certain kinds of sex since the... | Business Insider
- UAE woman who killed an American teacher sentenced to death... | Business Insider
- Sony plunges 8.25% on massive share sale plan | Business Insider
- Here's what people told me... | Business Insider
- The first person I... | Business Insider
- Why onefinestay doesn't see Airbnb as... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek