Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Does 2016 Compare to Stock Market Peaks in 2000 and 2007? | Financial Sense
- The US Real Estate Big Picture... A Thesis In Moral Hazard | ZeroHedge
- As Predicted, Obamacare Is Absolutely Killing The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- SEC To Crack Down On "Excessive" Hedge Fund Expenses | ZeroHedge
- Texas Judge Blocks Obama Transgender Bathroom Policy: "It Threatens Students’ Safety And Privacy" | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare Is Rapidly Becoming The Poster-Child For American Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Step Aside Peter Pan: Japan's PM Abe Is Super Mario During Olympics Closing Ceremony | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Too little, too late!': Donald Trump rips Obama for golfing instead of... | Business Insider
- Here's how the city of Rio will never be the same after the... | Business Insider
- Audi's virtual cockpit is cool — but GM's OnStar... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's very first Surface was this largely forgotten mega-tablet that Bill Gates... | Business Insider
- 2 things you can do to start exercising in the morning,... | Business Insider
- How... | Business Insider
- Prince likely obtained deadly drug illegally and someone could... | Business Insider