Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today's Equity Market Set 2 Stunning Records | ZeroHedge
- The Bears Are Who We Thought They Were | iBankCoin.com
- What is China’s Banking System Telling Us? | ZeroHedge
- Who Are The Three Biggest Data Companies In the World? 1) Google 2) the Fed 3) JP Morgan/ECB | ZeroHedge
- "Neoconica" - America For The New Millennium | ZeroHedge
- Sorry Folks, The North Koreans Hacked The "Global Recovery" | ZeroHedge
- FOMC has Spoken... What Now for the Markets? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The New Phone BlackBerry Hopes Will Save Its Dying Platform (... | Business Insider
- Will Bitcoin Ever Really Take Off, Even With Microsoft Now Accepting It? | TheStreet.com
- Here's Why The $1.5 Million Pagani Huayra Is Worth The Money | Business Insider
- The S&P Closed At 2,012 On Wednesday — Here's What Wall Street Predicted In... | Business Insider
- Get Ready For The Hack Attack That Drives A Big Company Out Of... | Business Insider
- The Most Iconic Kids' Toys of All Time | Business Insider
- BREAKING: Police Say They Believe Witness Who... | Business Insider