Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dennis Gartman's Latest Trade Recommendation | ZeroHedge
- WSJ Slams Bernanke's Blog Post: "Stop Blaming Everyone" For Your Mistakes | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Texas Shooting That Leaves Two Dead, Police Officer Injured | ZeroHedge
- One Man's Message To Americans - "Start Giving A Damn!" | ZeroHedge
- LONG ARTERY KILLING PIZZA, FOR THE WIN | iBankCoin.com
- How The Shanghai Composite Can Rise 461% From Here | ZeroHedge
- Buyback Bonanza, Margin Madness Behind US Equity Rally | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dow Chemical just announced a bunch of layoffs (DOW) | Business Insider
- What REALLY happens inside a multi-million... | Business Insider
- ‘Throwaway ticketing,’ the controversial, money-saving trick that airlines don’t want you to... | Business Insider
- 7 mistakes that led to McDonald's downfall | Business Insider
- Graffiti art is so popular in China that people are even paying to have their... | Business Insider
- One of the most important scenes on Sunday's 'Game of Thrones'... | Business Insider
- Motorsports Monday: Iran wants build a Formula One track on... | Business Insider