Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dudley Puts the Kibosh on September | Financial Sense
- "It's A Tipping Point" Marc Faber Warns "There Are No Safe Assets Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- Clash, Mesh, Rattle... Thud | Financial Sense
- The Rich Employee | Altucher Confidential
- Why The Federal Reserve Should Be Audited | ZeroHedge
- Oxygen & Markets - Why The Collapse Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- Don't Overplay the Bounce | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan could scrap Olympic logo over plagiarism allegation... | Business Insider
- There's only a '50-60%' chance Apple will... | Business Insider
- Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after court ruling... | Business Insider
- Los Angeles back from dead as US candidate for 2024... | Business Insider
- Guatemalan president faces judgment day in Congress | Business Insider
- Obama tours glacier to highlight march of climate change | Business Insider
- California to end unlimited isolation for most gang... | Business Insider