Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The Fed At Risk Of Choking The Market? | ZeroHedge
- Bank of America's Winning Excuse: "We Didn't Mean To" | ZeroHedge
- A Chinese Mask Factory Has Already Picked The Next US President | ZeroHedge
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
- US Default Risk Hits 8-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Losing Ground In Flyover America, Part 3 | ZeroHedge
- Self Employment Tax Penalties Continue To Plague Small Businesses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesla made a major bet to stand out from the competition — and now it might backfire... | Business Insider
- The rise of reloadable prepaid... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: These are the 21 stocks that matter most to hedge funds (DAL, HCA, C, AVGO, PCLN,... | Business Insider
- I found the perfect suitcase for any trip that's 2 weeks or less, and it fits... | Business Insider
- It’s time for retailers to start paying close attention to social media | Business Insider
- Here's how to know if you have Lyme disease | Business Insider
- Report: Trump campaign indicates it's 'not... | Business Insider