Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one. | ZeroHedge
- German Finance Minister Joins DB CEO, Says "Not Worried About Deutsche Bank" | ZeroHedge
- Follow The Results From The New Hampshire Primary - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted | Financial Sense
- America's Most Hated Man Martin Shkreli Sued Over Ol' Dirty Bastard Cartoons | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 8 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Harvard has seen a surge in... | Business Insider
- 'The Jungle Book' is back — and it looks incredibly realistic | Business Insider
- Ad-block software is approaching 200 million users — here's how... | Business Insider
- Beyoncé's 'Formation' is the most important music video of 2016 | Business Insider
- Marco Rubio stumbled in New Hampshire 3 days after he got torn into at the GOP... | Business Insider
- Michael Bloomberg confirms: I'm thinking about running for president | Business Insider
- One type of commonly recommended insurance only makes sense for the... | Business Insider