Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Natural Gas War Burning Under Syria | ZeroHedge
- Blood Brothers: The Bank of England and the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) | ZeroHedge
- A Crashing Deutsche Bank Scrambles To Assure Markets That It Is "Fine" | ZeroHedge
- Medical Care Costs Are Skyrocketing! | Financial Sense
- Amazon "Tweaks" Its Hillary Book Stats: Doubles '5-Star' Reviews Overnight | ZeroHedge
- Trump Takes The Lead In Latest Bloomberg Poll As All Eyes Turn To Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DICK MORRIS: Here's how Trump can win the first debate | Business Insider
- A totally unexpected company beat everyone to self-driving cars | Business Insider
- The one question you should never ask at the end of a job... | Business Insider
- Joey from 'Friends' is still the most powerful man in automotive media... | Business Insider
- I've been a wealth advisor for 20 years — here are... | Business Insider
- America's 25 best restaurants for tasting menus | Business Insider
- Miami Marlins were reportedly worried about José Fernández... | Business Insider