Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Unprecedented Surge In Election Fraud Incidents From Around The Country | ZeroHedge
- Markets 'Turmoil' After Comey Crashes Clinton Party | ZeroHedge
- Will Electric Cars Be Cost Competitive By 2020? | Financial Sense
- Illegal Immigration Spiking Ahead Of US Election As Smugglers Promise "Amnesty" From Hillary | ZeroHedge
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
- Desperate? - Democrats Sue RNC Over Trump's "Rigged Election" Comments Alleging "Minority Voter Intimidation" | ZeroHedge
- Remember When The Media Sold Us The Iraq WMD Lies? It's Happening Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This German made knife set is a great deal right now | Business Insider
- A rare look inside the Monte Carlo Casino, the world's most spectacular place to gamble... | Business Insider
- Apple's new MacBooks, explained (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's how space would look if you had superhuman vision | Business Insider
- BONDS GET SMOKED: Here's what you need to know (SPY, SPX, DJI, IXIC, TWTR, QCOM, AAPL... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank's earnings call was the most brutally honest, angsty thing we've... | Business Insider
- Uber and Lyft drivers share the 17 things they wish... | Business Insider