Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peter Thiel's RNC Speech: "Wall Street Bankers Inflate Bubbles In Everything From Bonds To Hillary's Speaking Fees" | ZeroHedge
- What One Million Recently Fired Chinese Coal And Steel Workers Are Doing Now | ZeroHedge
- World's Airlines Crashing At Worst Rate Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Trump Accused Of "Apocalyptic" Fearmongering In Speech Promising "Security And Prosperity" | ZeroHedge
- Full Text Of Donald Trump's Convention Speech | ZeroHedge
- Mark Cuban Apologizes To World: "Americans Are Nothing Like Trump" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This could finally be the end of coal's 5-year death march... | Business Insider
- Police robots could save a lot of lives if we weren't afraid to use them | Business Insider
- Salesforce just scooped up a young startup | Business Insider
- NBA is moving the All-Star game from Charlotte over North Carolina... | Business Insider
- American Airlines just signaled a harsh reality for the US economy (AAL) | Business Insider
- Spotify is rolling out programmatic ads as IPO looms | Business Insider
- Nigeria's currency just tumbled to a record low | Business Insider