Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart of the Day: With Stocks Near All-Time Highs, Financial Stress Turns Negative | Financial Sense
- EliminaTED: Cruz Drops Out Of Presidential Race, Leaving Trump Republican Presidential Candidate | ZeroHedge
- German Coverup Scandal: Ministry Urged Erasing "Rape" From "Monstrous" Cologne Migrant Attack Report | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February | Financial Sense
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- Are Central Banks Running the Oil Market or Just the World? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle As Demand Fears Grow | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'I've never seen a play like that':... | Business Insider
- Amazon is gaining ground in the tablet market (AMZN, AAPL, MSFT) | Business Insider
- This is the face that has changed the US Army forever | Business Insider
- Houston's office market is melting down | Business Insider
- 7 tech gadgets your mom might actually use this Mother’s Day | Business Insider
- A Senate candidate just gave a brutal preview of how Democrats are going to use... | Business Insider
- Georgia's conservative governor vetoes a bill that would've let... | Business Insider