Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 17 Seconds That Changed The World - Leaked Letter Exposes Turkey's Hair-Trigger Reality | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Mayor Emanuel Urges "Remain Peaceful" As Protests Begin After Video Shows Cop Killing Black Teen | ZeroHedge
- Trump On Waterboarding: "You Bet Your Ass I'd Approve It, Even If It Doesn't Work" | ZeroHedge
- Robbery In Progress At Chase Branch On 6th Avenue In Downtown Manhattan | ZeroHedge
- WTI Holds Losses After DOE Confirms Large Cushing Inventory Build Despite Crude Production Cut | ZeroHedge
- "We're Now Just One Big Shock Away From A Global Downturn" | ZeroHedge
- If "Everything's Awesome" Why Did Aussie CapEx Just Collapse By The Most In Its 30 Year History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The luxury pet company... | Business Insider
- Kenya's president reshuffles Cabinet after graft... | Business Insider
- People are calling ISIS by a name they don’t want... | Business Insider
- You'll feel like you own a private island at this resort in the middle of the ocean | Business Insider
- Obama hails Spielberg's 'boundless imagination' | Business Insider
- 16 fascinating facts about North Korea | Business Insider
- Here's what happens in your body when you get 'hangry' | Business Insider