Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don Coxe on Brewing US Pension Crisis, Stimulus vs. Rising Rates | Financial Sense
- "Did Russia Ever Interfere In The US Elections?" Putin Answers: "Watch My Lips, No" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Officially Begins: EU Receives Article 50 Notice From The UK; What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Understanding Your 401(k) to Maximize Retirement | Financial Sense
- What sets the Gold Price – Is it the Paper Market or Physical Market? | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing NAFTA's Mixed Track Record Since 1994 | ZeroHedge
- Equity Research Faces "Major Disruption" As Study Finds "Less Than 1%" Of Reports Are Actually Read | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fans are scrutinizing a tiny moment from Sunday's 'The Walking Dead' — here's... | Business Insider
- 8 countries where $200,000 will last 30 years of retirement | Business Insider
- This is my favorite thing about the Samsung Galaxy S8 | Business Insider
- The eSports competitive video gaming market continues to grow revenues &... | Business Insider
- 5 video advertising trends that will change your business | Business Insider
- A therapist... | Business Insider
- Top Republican senator takes shot at Paul Ryan for discouraging Trump from working... | Business Insider