Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The World Views Obama's "ISIS Strategy" | ZeroHedge
- China's President Confirms Practice Of Moving Official Reserve Assets To Other Entities In China | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Price Shock – A Boon, or a Harbinger of Disaster? | Financial Sense
- More Pain For Biotechs Ahead: Valeant's "Astronomical" Price Increases Take Center Stage; Pfizer Gets Dragged In | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Forces The UN To Drop Humanitarian Inquiry Into Yemen Atrocities | ZeroHedge
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Latest: Hurricane Joaquin menacing Bermuda | Business Insider
- Doctors Without Borders leaves Afghan city after... | Business Insider
- No. 12 Clemson holds off No. 6 Notre Dame 24-22 | Business Insider
- Winning ugly at the World Cup, suits Ireland's Schmidt | Business Insider
- Netanyahu: Israel 'in fight to death against... | Business Insider
- England coach under fire after World Cup disaster | Business Insider
- The incredible story of the... | Business Insider