Apple Shares Bounce Again
Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are up 2% today, trying hard to get to the $550 level. Everyday that passes the 52 week range improves for Apple as it moves further away from its 2012 $700 price. Can the stock return to greatness?
The Architect at TrendsandReturns.com had the right idea of bottom fishers finally snapping up AAPL thanks to its recent decline and attractive P/E:
Since the start of the year Apple (AAPL) is down 5% and 6 to 7% since the China Mobile (CHL) deal was announced. Thanks to the decline I believe buyers will come out and snap up Apple shares.
Apple's P/E is down to 13.45. Consider that Netflix (NFLX) has a P/E of 279, Facebook (FB) at 121, and Twitter (TWTR) at WTF. A better comparison for Apple would be Google (GOOG) who's PE clocks in at 32.5. P/E or Price-to-Earnings ratio may not get the attention it used to but for a lot of big and smart money it does. My speculation on a reduced P/E is going to entice investors to go long on Apple before the Q1 earnings are delivered on Jan 27th.
However AAPL is destined to be range bound until we hear earnings on Jan 27th. Apple needs a good conference call to move past the $550 then $575 range. Despite the amazing P/E Wall Street will not move AAPL shares until it believes there is respectable earnings growth.
The best analysis of AAPL's stock was done by Jim Cramer yesterday (see below). Long term the analyst Jim is talking up has a TP of $792 on AAPL:
Bottom line: AAPL may be at a bottom but until we earnings at the end of the month the stock is range bound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q4 GDP Advance Estimate at 2.6% Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Meet Loretta Lynch – Obama’s Attorney General Nominee Who Might Be Even Worse than Eric Holder | ZeroHedge
- The Euro Tragedy & Its Consequences For Gold | ZeroHedge
- Potential for Deflation Is Becoming a Big Threat for 2015 | Financial Sense
- Greeks Turn to Gold on Bank Bail-in and Drachma Risks | ZeroHedge
- It’s Always Darkest Before the Dawn – Significant Market Bottom Likely in the Spring | Financial Sense
- Did The Federal Reserve Make A Major Math Error When Reporting Its December Gold Withdrawals? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Merkel rules out debt reduction for Greece | Business Insider
- Here's how good Tim Cook has been for Apple in one chart (... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- China wants to become the world's banker | Business Insider
- Australia beat England in cricket ODI | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Newcastle sink Hull to end Carver's wait for first win | Business Insider