Yahoo (YHOO) reports today, what to expect
Get ready day traders, Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) reports today (10/16) and the word on the Street is that they will be on target. Firing the CEO and having the Co-Founder step back in may actually work out this quarter, so can YHOO shares break past $30?
Yahoo Inc. reports its fiscal Q3 earnings after the close today(10/16). They had management shakeup issues that took place shortly before the end of the prior period. Former CEO Terry Semel was booted and company co-founder Jerry Yang stepped in. They merged their search and display advertising departments in the U.S.
Yahoo finished its purchase of online advertising exchange Right Media Inc. during the third quarter, and announced plans to acquire several businesses, including advertising network Blue Lithium and e-mail service Zimbra Inc.
Also during the period, Yahoo said it will sell most of the display advertising for Bebo, which is England's top online social network.
In July, Yahoo predicted third-quarter revenue, excluding traffic acquisition costs, of between $1.17 billion and $1.31 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial, on average, expect earnings of 8 cents per share on revenue, excluding traffic acquisition costs, of $1.24 billion.
In a note to clients Friday, Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Derek Brown predicted Yahoo will report earnings and revenue in line with Wall Street estimates.
Brown anticipates Yahoo's third-quarter results will reinforce his view that the company is losing "considerable share" in the online ad market and that its Panama advertising system is doing fairly well but "has not proven a 'game-changer.'"
He also thinks the results will reflect that "recent acquisitions, while promising, are not likely to significantly alter the near-term trajectory of Yahoo's business."
Brown has a "Hold" rating and $30 price target for the company's shares.
In a Monday note, Deutsche Bank analyst Jeetil Patel predicted third-quarter results will be in-line or slightly below expectations, Patel has a "Hold" rating and $24 price target for Yahoo shares.
Brown expects a "relatively muted" outlook, excluding acquisitions from Yahoo. He expects the company to post 2007 earnings of 42 cents per share on revenue of $5.02 billion. Patel is concerned about the company's growth potential, given recent search volume and U.S. traffic issues.
So if you don't have a position before the earnings call, the Masters are thinking YHOO will win on the call. However a huge move in the shares is not likely and the amount of money on the line for the October 07' Calls and Puts is out-of-control, just take a look (click here). If you're thinking about buying shares, just wait until after the call, you should have time to move in on this stock in the days following the call.
Article written by Steve Reeves
Contributor to TheStockMasters.com
Our Original newsletter that has enlightened our subscribers for over a year. It contains What to Buy, What to Sell, and Market Commentary. We've had impressive returns, great feedback, and in turn have already created a unique following of thousands of Stockmasters.
Our newsletter is a team effort and each stock pick is carefully thought through before you get the final buy or sell recommendation
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Equity Rallies Are Corrective, Downside Risks Remain, BofAML Says | ZeroHedge
- Futures Are Doing Fantastic This Morning | iBankCoin.com
- "Death Spiral" - Harvard Professor Predicts Up To Half Of US Universities May Fail In 15 Years | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: Biggest Fed Dove Concerned About "Real Erosion Of People's Purchasing Power" | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Takes Life Seriously and Moves To Create Its Own Virtual Currency, Increases UltraCoin Valuation Significantly | ZeroHedge
- US Pays Half Of Gazprom's Overdue Invoice With $1 Billion Ukraine Loan Guarantee | ZeroHedge
- This Is Your Market; This Is Your Market Without Tuesdays - Redux | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Chart Shows How The Racial Makeup Of America Will Change In The Next 50... | Business Insider
- Meet The 10 Most Wanted Fugitives In America | Business Insider
- LEAKED: This Is Amazon's 3-D Smartphone | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Jeb Bush Was Public Enemy No. 1 At One Of The Year's Biggest... | Business Insider
- Ukraine's Central Bank Announces Massive Rate Hike | Business Insider
- Here Are The Angry Handwritten Notes Donald Trump Sends To Reporters Who Cover... | Business Insider