Stocks to Watch: Tesla, Apple, Zillow, Yelp!
Fellow Masters (all 5 of you), as we close out summer we are most interested in Apple Inc (AAPL), Yelp Inc (YELP), Zillow Inc (Z) and Tesla Motors (TSLA). They are all popular stocks and it's easy to get in and out in a hurry if needed. Forget old man stocks, go with these winners and enjoy the momentum.
Apple (AAPL) has cooled down since breaking $500 a share. We have mentioned this stock far to often and we believe it's going to be range bound until we get word of the new iPhone. Apple makes a great IRA play with its dividend and now relatively stable share price. Apple shares are back under $500 today trading around $498. AAPL is a buy under $500, let's hope it keeps falling.
Tesla (TSLA) continues to impress and has showed America you can build a car outside Detroit. TSLA has been an amazing ride for investors. YTD the stock is up 350%. TSLA is trading very close to its 52-week high. To bet against this stocks is dangerous. It's killed the shorts and continues to kill the critics. The Tesla Model S just received a 5-star safety rating, not just overall, but in every subcategory without exception. Approximately one percent of all cars tested by the federal government achieve 5 stars across the board, according to Tesla.
The only way to play the Social media / web 2.0 stocks are Zillow (Z) and Yelp (YELP). It sounds crazy but these stocks are resistant to bears. In 2013 they have increased more than 175%. Forget Facebook (FB) and go with Z and YELP if you must invest in this space. Zillow shares have dropped a little after issuing 2.5M new shares, and selling 2.52M shares on behalf of existing shareholders. Underwriters have a 30-day option to buy up to an additional 753.5K shares. Yelp is getting some love from the analysts lately: JPMorgan, Wunderlich, and Northland have upgraded Yelp following its Q2 beat and strong Q3/2013 guidance earlier this month.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- What Does It Take To Be Middle Class? | ZeroHedge
- The Real US Unemployment Rate: 11.5% | ZeroHedge
- The Time to Be Bearish Is When Breadth Is Weak, Which Clearly Isn’t Now | Financial Sense
- Bitcoin Slammed As Baidu Suspends Payments Due To "Fluctuations" | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Beats By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Safest City In The US And The Most Dangerous City In The World Are Only 300 Feet Apart | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Auburn Student... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- How The CEO Of HubSpot Attracts And Retains Millennial... | Business Insider
- The Sad Story Behind Yahoo's Latest Startup Acquisition: Ptch | Business Insider