Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Portugal The Next "Shoe To Drop" In Europe? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Futures See Massive $1.5 Billion "Non Profit" Liquidation In "One Minute" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 24 | ZeroHedge
- Jackson Hole Conference Schedule And List Of Attendees Released | ZeroHedge
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
- "Things Are Worse" - Dollar Stores' Startling Admission: Half Of US Consumers Are In Dire Straits | ZeroHedge
- A Purposeful Show of Russian Force | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Navy's F-35 variant has successfully completed testing with a max... | Business Insider
- A man who's been traveling for 10 years says this is the... | Business Insider
- $80,000 of debt almost broke up our relationship — here's what... | Business Insider
- 30 life skills every functioning adult should master | Business Insider
- Don't believe the hype about human music curators | Business Insider
- 'It's a tired disgusting argument... | Business Insider
- 'Pokémon Go' still isn't available in the biggest... | Business Insider