Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 113 Federal Reserve Staff Members Make $250,000 Annually | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 20 | ZeroHedge
- How Far Will the Stock Market Rebound Go? | ZeroHedge
- First Swiss Gold Poll Shows Pro-Gold Side In Lead At 45% | ZeroHedge
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- The Tragedy Of NATO: "Beware Foreign Entanglements" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 21 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- European Markets Are Surging | Business Insider
- Microsoft's Satya Nadella Just Fired A Shot At HP And IBM (MSFT) | Business Insider
- There's Finally A Real Hoverboard, And You Can Pre-Order It Today For $10,000 | Business Insider
- Argentine foreign currency crunch delays import payments... | Business Insider
- EMC Is Hosting A Special News Conference Thursday (EMC) | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- The Best 'Cheap Eats' In San Francisco | Business Insider