Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Allocation is Nearly Complete | iBankCoin.com
- Tumble Tuesday: Stocks Slide On Sanctions Blowback Fears, Dollar Jumps | ZeroHedge
- Charts For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Former Aide To Bill Clinton Speaks – "My Party Has Lost Its Soul" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Exit a Blue Pill? | Financial Sense
- Portuguese Regulator Bans Short-Selling After Banco Espirito Santo Unveils Massive $5 Billion Loss | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 30 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs Is Granting A Teen Cancer Patient's Wish To Be An Investment Banker... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Frontier Communications Stock Surges to New One-Year High | TheStreet.com
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- CFA Exam Results Are Out And Most People Are Finding Out They Failed | Business Insider
- Amazon Just Revealed Exactly What's At Stake In Its Battle With Hachette — And... | Business Insider
- Inside TMZ's Awesome Office Space And TV Studio In Downtown LA | Business Insider