Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Unprecedented 'Mass Die Offs' As Pacific Ocean "Turning Into a Desert" Off California Coast | ZeroHedge
- Game Theory Pioneer John Nash, Wife, Killed In Taxi Crash | ZeroHedge
- Small Cap Volatility Hitting Historic Lows | ZeroHedge
- Greece Is On The Ragged Edge: Bloodied Idealogues Vs. Bloodthirsty Technocrats | ZeroHedge
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
- Steen Jakobsen Warns, Brace For The Next Recession | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Perilous "Fake It Till You Make It" Strategy May Be Coming Home To Roost | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A classic children's brand is reinventing itself as a hangover cure | Business Insider
- Burundi activists suspend govt talks as opposition... | Business Insider
- The genius 'A Beautiful Mind... | Business Insider
- Federer brings curtain up on French Open | Business Insider
- UNBOXED: The 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A new short movie claims to be 'The World's Most Relaxing Film' — see... | Business Insider
- Inside Tony Hsieh's radical 'self-management'... | Business Insider