Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Retailer Tesco Explains How Companies Are "Solidly Beating" Expectations In One Sentence | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Slide As Overnight Bad News Is Actually Bad News | ZeroHedge
- We Are Living In A State Of Keynesian "Bliss" | ZeroHedge
- "This Is About As Good As Things Are Going To Get For The Middle Class" | ZeroHedge
- Actionable Trading Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- The 'New Normal' American Dream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America Is No. 1 In Low-Paying Jobs | Business Insider
- Corn Has Been Getting Crushed (CORN) | Business Insider
- The 10 Fastest Street-Legal Cars On The Market | Business Insider
- CNBC Contributor And Trader Rich Ilczyszyn Has Died At Age 46 | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Can Discovery Communications Be a Deal 'Shark' on the M&A Scene? | TheStreet.com
- OBAMA: 'This Is Not America's Fight Alone' | Business Insider