Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Unwind of Oil-and-Gas Junk Bonds to Defund Fracking Boom | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Spikes Over $59, Up 9% From Lows: Biggest Intraday Swing Since April 2009 | ZeroHedge
- We Are Going To Crash | iBankCoin.com
- The End Of Exuberance? | ZeroHedge
- OIL, RUSSIA, RATES, CAPITAL CONTROLS...ARMAGEDDON? | ZeroHedge
- No More "Considerable Time" - Meet The New, "Patient" Fed | ZeroHedge
- As Seen In Front Of A Russian Currency Exchange Office | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Energy Stocks Bounce as Investors Search for Bottom to Oil Prices | TheStreet.com
- 15 Overlay Maps That Will Change The Way You See The World... | Business Insider
- 30 Stunning Photos Of Everyday Life In Havana | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Sony Announces It 'Will Not Move Forward' With 'The... | Business Insider
- 16 Billionaires Who Were Once Dirt Poor | Business Insider