Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Year 3 of the Presidential Cycle Hasn't Gone the Way Everyone Expected | Financial Sense
- Is a Ban on Physical Cash Coming Soon? | ZeroHedge
- The Source Of The US Economy's Only Bright Spot: $1 Trillion In Car Loans | ZeroHedge
- "You Never Go Full-Krugman": Insane Helicopter Money Calls Continue As Trapped Central Banks Face Keynesian Endgame | ZeroHedge
- How and Why Banks Will Seize Deposits During the Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Someone In Chicago Is Shot Every 2.8 Hours (Despite Major Gun Control) | ZeroHedge
- How The TPP Could Lead To Worldwide Internet Censorship | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much tech giants like Apple and Google make per employee (GOOG... | Business Insider
- Aaron Sorkin and Danny Boyle reveal how they made 'Steve Jobs,'... | Business Insider
- Ben Carson's advice on mass shooting under scrutiny | Business Insider
- A veggie cheeseburger startup that Google tried to buy just raised $108 million (... | Business Insider
- Tsipras insists he can lead Greece out of crisis by 2019 | Business Insider
- The Latest: Nobel literature award to be announced | Business Insider
- Business Insider UK is hiring an associate video producer | Business Insider