Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Every Penny Counts | iBankCoin.com
- Which Director Are Politicians Listening To About Ebola? | ZeroHedge
- "Troubling Trend" NATO Warns Russian Military Aircraft Incursions Worst Since Cold War | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $SLCA | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Regulators Easing Mortgage Credit Requirements | Financial Sense
- Europe: Building a Banking Union | Financial Sense
- THE TIM COOK BOTTOM OR TOP? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the... | StreetInsider.com
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- The Main Difference Between Google's Rising Star Sundar Pichai And CEO Larry Page... | Business Insider
- CHART: LinkedIn's Revenue Is On The Up And Up | Business Insider
- The 25 Most Powerful Photos From October | Business Insider
- The Russian Central Bank Raises... | Business Insider