Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buys: $EGRX, $IMUC, $SB | iBankCoin.com
- Why Is Our Government (And Deep State) So Incompetent? | ZeroHedge
- Vladimir Putin Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize | ZeroHedge
- Why Is the Dow Lagging the Broader Market? | Financial Sense
- Where The Jobs Are: More Than Half Of All February Job Gains Are In Education, Leisure, Temp Help And Government | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Update: Pro-Moscow Leader Arrested In Donetsk, Russians Block Border Cross Points | ZeroHedge
- Question Everything, Believe Nothing - Chapter Two - Group Think and the Hive Mind | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GARY SHILLING: Here Are My 9 Investment Picks For This Risk-On World | Business Insider
- Labor Participation Rate Unchanged as Payrolls Jump Higher | TheStreet.com
- The 10 Most Expensive State Schools For Out-Of-State Students | Business Insider
- 11 Tips To Get Something Useful Out Of Job A Fair | Business Insider
- Dear BlackBerry Shorts: You Have Been Warned (Twice) | TheStreet.com
- Sheryl Sandberg Wants To Ban The Word 'Bossy' | Business Insider
- Former Victoria's Secret Angel Miranda Kerr Just Scored A New Lingerie... | Business Insider