Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SEC Officially Above The Law: Prosecutors Decline To Charge SEC Employee For Violating Internal Rules | ZeroHedge
- What Will Your Bank Look Like 5 Years From Now? | Financial Sense
- Market Seasonality and The Fed Are a Powerful Combination | Financial Sense
- The Long and Short of It | Financial Sense
- QE Deflationary? No Kidding! | Financial Sense
- US-Asia Foreign Policy - In One Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Last Ditch Buying Frenzy Fails To Make It 9 Weeks In A Row Of Gains | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chinese Import Growth Weakens, But Exports Are Surging | Business Insider
- Here Is Twitter's Prediction For Today's Jobs Report | Business Insider
- The Crazy Story Of A Marine Locked In Hand-To-Hand Combat As The Taliban Fighter... | Business Insider
- CREDIT CARD BORROWING SURGES | Business Insider
- REVIEW: Motorola Made A Really Good Phone If You Don't Want To Spend A Lot Of Money | Business Insider
- One Graphic That Shows How The Celtics-Nets Trade Crippled Brooklyn | Business Insider
- Here Are All The Groups For The 2014 World Cup | Business Insider