Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Rules of the Game | iBankCoin.com
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Growth Moderates | Financial Sense
- Stocks Head For Best Month Since Oct 2011 As US Macro Crashes To 12-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day - Fantasy February Edition | ZeroHedge
- Yellen’s Patience Is Market’s Gain | Financial Sense
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- The Net Neutrality Debate Proves The Opinions Are Far From Informed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Tesla Model S has a secret James Bond mode —... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett is endorsing one of the hottest startups on the planet | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- This San Francisco bar is a gamer's paradise | Business Insider
- Former AIG CEO Bob Benmosche has died | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- A data breach may have compromised as many as 50,000 Uber drivers | Business Insider