Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver, Aluminum, Food, Copper, & Oil | iBankCoin.com
- Year of the Gas | Financial Sense
- YOUR ERECTIONS WILL SOON BECOME FLACCID | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Runners For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Stalking This Prey | iBankCoin.com
- Unidentified Fighter Jets Open Fire On Kramatorsk Airfield, Casualties Reported | ZeroHedge
- Monday Humor: So You Want To Be A Trader... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Part Of Yahoo's Earnings Report That Matters The Most (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Backlash in China as Microsoft Cuts XP Support | TheStreet.com
- The Remarkable Story Of How Alibaba Defeated eBay In China | Business Insider
- This Is What The iPhone 6's Screen Will Look Like, According To A Leaked Photo (AAPL... | Business Insider
- McDonald's Is Counting On This Item To Win The Breakfast Wars | Business Insider