Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's The Debt Stupid: Scotiabank Warns "At Some Point 'The Future' Becomes 'Today'" | ZeroHedge
- Trending On Twitter | ZeroHedge
- "There’s Some Crazy Stuff Going On In New York" As Rental Glut Finally Hits The Bottom Line | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Fly Near Our Borders" - U.S. Spy Plane Again Intercepted By Russian Jet | ZeroHedge
- Exit the Dragon – China’s Debt Is Everyone’s Problem | Financial Sense
- Atlanta Fed Unveils First Q2 GDP Forecast, Sees 1.8% Growth, 0.5% Below Wall Street Consensus | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Market Cycle | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'New Girl' creator explains how the famous Prince episode happened | Business Insider
- The 6 ingredients that could be the next Sriracha | Business Insider
- Poland is making a musical about pope John Paul II | Business Insider
- Chicago PMI misses expectations | Business Insider
- One man invented a smart touchscreen mirror that you have to see | Business Insider
- Here's what the modern American teenager looks like | Business Insider
- A Chinese sportswear brand called Uncle Martian just launched, and it appears... | Business Insider