Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary's New Avengers | ZeroHedge
- Former Morgan Stanley Chief Asia Economist: "Don't Listen To The Ruling Elite, The World Economy Is In Real Trouble" | ZeroHedge
- "The Stock Market Won't Crash, Yet" - The Barron's Cover Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- CEO Of Asia's Largest Commodity Trader Unexpectedly Resigns | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: Killary Will Be The Last US President | ZeroHedge
- Unintended Consequences: Easy Money = Overcapacity = Trade Wars | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns The Rise Of Nationalism Throughout Europe Is Inevitable | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There are rare deals on Sonos' exceptional speakers today | Business Insider
- SAM ZELL: It's really hard not to be a seller in real estate right... | Business Insider
- This is what's fueling Donald Trump's recent surge in the polls | Business Insider
- 8 refreshing insights about money and happiness from people... | Business Insider
- Facebook and Snapchat are reaping the... | Business Insider
- BMW has created 100 years worth of incredible machines — here are some of the best | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek