Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Began Building A New Position – VOC | iBankCoin.com
- Is the Stock Market Running on Borrowed Time? | Financial Sense
- ECB Keeps Rates Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath Asks "Does Ben Bernanke Deserve A Nobel Prize?" | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Global Growth, & The Schism In The High Church Of Bernanke | ZeroHedge
- Spicy Red Combo | iBankCoin.com
- How New Jersey's Creeping Wage Hikes Are Crippling Mom-And-Pop Restaurants | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Only Voice Of Reason In Argentina's Government Just Quit | Business Insider
- The Beer Machine Marc Newson Designed Looks Just Like A Mac Pro (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Stocks in Flux as Market Closes Out Quarter | TheStreet.com
- The Russell 2000 Has Deteriorated From 'Death Cross' To Full-Blown... | Business Insider
- 9 Books Bill Gates Thinks You Should Read About Violent Extinctions, Feeding The World, And... | Business Insider
- George Zimmerman's Family Has Adopted CIA-Like Protocols To Stay In... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider