Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Unveils New Gun Laws: "Like Putting A Band-Aid On A Bullet Wound" | ZeroHedge
- Will Tax Reform Fare Any Better Than Obamacare Reform? | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of GOP Obamacare Repeal Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- 4 Factors Driving Oil Prices This Summer | ZeroHedge
- Mark Cudmore: "The Marginal U.S. Stock Trader Will Be Selling Rather Than Buying This Week" | ZeroHedge
- This Guy Has Eight Passports | ZeroHedge
- A Change in the Wind | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most work emails are opened within 6 seconds — here's how it affects your productivity | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers: Why we now know Trump's dealmaking skills are... | Business Insider
- 'A flagrant example of what I call edited fake news':... | Business Insider
- Miami's spectacular condo-flipping market is in turmoil | Business Insider
- 'The 4-Hour Workweek'... | Business Insider
- Paul Ryan: 'We're still moving forward on healthcare' | Business Insider
- I get hundreds of emails a day — here's the strategy I use to cut my time wading... | Business Insider