Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Production Cut Sparks Crude Rally As Inventory Rise Reaches Longest Streak On Record | ZeroHedge
- The Middle Eastern Balance of Power Matures | Financial Sense
- Obama Dictates National "Cyber Security" Emergency | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Cars Poised to Transform Automotive Industry | Financial Sense
- Bild Reports On "Indisputably Authentic" Video Of Germanwings Final Moments | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- Here's Why Investment Banks Love The ECB’s QE Program | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 ways the world will be terrifying in 2050 | Business Insider
- Petrobras shares rise after deal with Chinese bank | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- This is what the Earth would look like if all the ice melted | Business Insider
- Questions persist about sexual effects of baldness drug | Business Insider
- Britain's Murray takes milestone 500th victory | Business Insider
- The notorious 'King of Instagram' got in trouble with the law and struck a plea... | Business Insider