Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Iraq, the United States and Iran Align Against the Islamic State | Financial Sense
- Has the 2014-2016 Crisis Window Been Delayed? | Financial Sense
- Argentina Stuns Bondholders With Scorched-Earth "Cramdown" Plan | ZeroHedge
- If Only This Happened At The Fed, Things Would Be Vastly Different | ZeroHedge
- Leaders in a Split Market | iBankCoin.com
- Is Portugal Next In Line For Wealth Confiscation? | ZeroHedge
- VLADIMIR PUTIN IS SO ANNOYING | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Leading Hamas Commander Just Said The Group Was Behind June's West... | Business Insider
- These 11 Tech Companies Are The Most Fun To Work For, Employees Say | Business Insider
- Someone Made An App Like Yo, But It Shares Your Location Instead | Business Insider
- These Charts Show How Journalism Has Turned Into A Hazardous And... | Business Insider
- Here's One Way Apple's Smartwatch Could Be Better Than Anything Else (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- How The Assad Regime Benefitted From Gassing Its Own People | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider