Vixxy Vixxy (VXX)
Besides the usual high volume stocks such as Bank of America (BAC) and Nokia (NOK) is the Path S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) making the list.
The VXX is already at 15M shares before noon. We have all but forgotten about volatility in the face of the Dow Jones hitting 15K. Stocks can do no wrong and we all need to embrace long positions and not miss out on the gains. Blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile the VXX is getting all kinds of attention today behind the scene. Note that the VXX is less than 2% from its 12 month low, trading today down a smig at $18.38 a share.
Of course the market is charging ahead however the VIX has been dropping while the futures curve has been unfavorable as well. Turns out the VIX futures market currently trades in a condition known as "contango" a situation where contracts further along the futures curve are more expensive than front month contracts.
Fellow Masters, trading the VXX is dangerous but it might be worth a 1 to 2% consideration to hedge any craziness that could hit the market.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Feb 9, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Forget Zika, This Is America's Real Threat | ZeroHedge
- Either Banks Are Cheap... Or The Market's Gonna Crash | ZeroHedge
- What's Dragging Down European Banks: Oil And Commodity Exposure As High As 160% Of Tangible Book | ZeroHedge
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
- Treasury Yield Curve Crashes To 8-Year Lows, Financials Follow | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: Bonds Won't Bottom Until Panic Sends VIX Above 40 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Asahi could buy Peroni and Grolsch for $3.5 billion | Business Insider
- France's data protection authority is cracking down on... | Business Insider
- A 12-year-old Syrian refugee wrote... | Business Insider
- ASK A FINANCIAL PLANNER: 'Should I open a joint credit card with... | Business Insider
- America just had a rough night | Business Insider
- JEB: 'This campaign is not dead' | Business Insider
- I took a weeklong challenge to overcome internet... | Business Insider