Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is How The Much Anticipated "Second Seasonal Adjustment" Affected Q1 GDP | ZeroHedge
- The Investment Legends Are Warning of a Systemic Event | ZeroHedge
- Why Do So Many Working Age Americans Choose Not To Enter The Workforce? | ZeroHedge
- The Energy Layoffs Resume: Shell Fires 6,500, Whiting Cuts 2015 Budget 2 Weeks After Raising It | ZeroHedge
- Italy Youth Unemployment Hits Record High 44.2%, Concerns Rising "Recession Exit May Be Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- US Supreme Court To Decide What Constitutes Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chinese stocks were having an okay day ... until the... | Business Insider
- China artist Ai Weiwei says Britain restricted his visa | Business Insider
- Google rejects French demand over global right to be... | Business Insider
- Sir Martin Sorrell's WPP and US buyout firm... | Business Insider
- Futures are lower (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USD, TLT) | Business Insider
- The mysterious identity of 4 critical leaders who shaped civilization in early colonial... | Business Insider
- Rolls-Royce profits were slashed by 57% in the... | Business Insider