Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Storage Could Transform the US Power Grid | Financial Sense
- Inventory Growth Slowdown Dashes Hopes For Q3 GDP Bounce Back | ZeroHedge
- Iraq War Surveillance Technology Being Used In Baltimore Without Public Debate | ZeroHedge
- The 5 Incredible Things To Do To Live A Charmed Life | Altucher Confidential
- $oRo$ (PART II) | ZeroHedge
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- Bank of Japan Prepares for Crash Triggered by Fed Tightening | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Even the hottest region for housing in America can't escape the new crisis (ITB, XHB)... | Business Insider
- A Jaguar cofounder's former home is on the market for $9.8 million | Business Insider
- This revolutionary device lets you enjoy a glass of your best bottle of wine... | Business Insider
- The White House has a clever plan to make it... | Business Insider
- Here's how drone usage is set to explode by 2020 | Business Insider
- Teens may be vaping for a surprising reason | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek