Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Einsteinian Insanity? FHFA Head Mel Watt Pushes Banks To Make Extreme Risk Home Loans | ZeroHedge
- Because This Time Is Never Different, In 100 Year Old Cartoons | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Heavier to Start Week | Financial Sense
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
- Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects | Financial Sense
- "Ebola Cruise" Returns To Texas After Suspected Healthcare Worker Cleared | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- KKR Looks to Get More Bang for Its Buck in Strategy Shift | TheStreet.com
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Your Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Economic Events | Business Insider
- Urban Outfitters Plunged on Profit Warning and Downgrade | TheStreet.com
- Ebola Is 'Jerking Us Back To The 19th Century' | Business Insider
- I'm Never Going To Upgrade My First-Generation iPad — Here's Why (... | Business Insider
- The 'Internet of Things' Will Be The World's Most Massive... | Business Insider