Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2017: Euphoria...Then Panic | Financial Sense
- "We Respond To Respect": Iran To Conduct New Military Drill In Which "Rockets Will Be Used" | ZeroHedge
- Priebus: Take Trump Seriously When He Calls The Press "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Weekly S&P 500 #ChartStorm | Financial Sense
- TSA Security Breach At JFK Allows Eleven Unchecked Passengers On Flights | ZeroHedge
- German Minister Calls For 'Plan B': "Greece Should Pledge Gold, Real Estate For New Loans" | ZeroHedge
- A Chink of Light into London’s Gold Vaults | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The US is going after the highest-profile Venezuelan target yet —... | Business Insider
- The head of UBS' investment bank wants to set the record straight (UBS) | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A senior Trump appointee was fired after criticizing the... | Business Insider
- Asia is a golden opportunity for Trump when it comes to oil... | Business Insider
- There’s an alliance growing between Saudi Arabia and Israel — and Iran should... | Business Insider