Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Something Stinks Here" - CrowdStrike Revises, Retracts Parts Of Explosive Russian Hacking Report | ZeroHedge
- Top Turkish Banker Arrested At JFK Airport Over Massive Gold Money-Laundering Scheme | ZeroHedge
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- New Study Says Robots Took All Of Detroit's Jobs, Not Mexico | ZeroHedge
- Obama Administration Blocked Comey From Revealing "Russian Tampering" Before Election | ZeroHedge
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
- Brexit Day Arrives: Why One Trader Thinks It Will Lead To A "Hefty Rally" In Sterling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Ghost in the Shell' is a stunning sci-fi thriller — but it has one massive problem... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Pre-roll ads for Periscope (TWTR) | Business Insider
- How a surprise encounter with Evan Spiegel made a... | Business Insider
- Chinese President Xi Jinping is traveling to Mar-a-Lago to meet Trump next... | Business Insider
- Trump's laptop ban could be great for European airlines (AAL, DAL, UAL) | Business Insider