Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
- "China Should Build More Nuclear Arms, ICBMs In Response To Trump": Local Press | ZeroHedge
- War On The Homeless: Cities Across America Are Making It Illegal To Feed And Shelter Those In Need | ZeroHedge
- The Tide Is Turning Against The Oligarchs | ZeroHedge
- Immigration Hard-Liners Question Trump's Homeland Security Pick | ZeroHedge
- Assange Releases Full 19-Page Testimony In Alleged Swedish "Rape Case" - "I Am Entirely Innocent" | ZeroHedge
- Black American Confidence Collapses Post-Trump, Whites At 11-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's grocery store of the future was predicted in... | Business Insider
- Politicians from one of Mexico's leftist parties smashed a Donald Trump piñata... | Business Insider
- The idea for Google's huge reorg came out of a secret... | Business Insider
- 4 important lessons about failure from 'Shark Tank' investor... | Business Insider
- Why both Trump and Obama are wrong about how to save... | Business Insider
- How Iran helped create a 'kill box' around ISIS... | Business Insider
- Trump's tax cut could mean a $4.4 Billion writedown for Bank of... | Business Insider