Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The S&P 500 Is Now a Gambler's Paradise With 76.9% Up Days in May So Far | Financial Sense
- FOMC Minutes: This Is What It Sounds Like When Doves Cry, And When Others Start To See An Asset Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Diablo 3: A Case Of Virtual Hyperinflation | ZeroHedge
- With One Hour Of Trading To Go, The Ghost Of Divergences Past Arrives | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $SOL | iBankCoin.com
- Only In America: Anthony Weiner Announces NYC Mayor Candidacy On YouTube | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Experiencing More Than Just A 'Soft Patch'" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LeBron James Makes The Easiest Buzzer Beater You'll Ever See To Beat The Pacers... | Business Insider
- Just Trying To 'Get It Out There' Makes Your Marketing And Company Worse... | Business Insider
- Sergio Garcia Rips Tiger Woods, Says He Has Been Lying To The Media For 15 Years | Business Insider
- Hey, Congress, Look What Happened Last Time You Got Duped Into Letting Companies... | Business Insider
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: SAVE GILD BMY HTA TSLA | TheStreet.com
- The First Images From 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Look Awesome | Business Insider
- CITI: Just Keep Selling The Yen | Business Insider