Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Funeral museum rises again in death-fixated Vienna | Business Insider
- Modi Madness Catapults India Stocks To Record Highs | Business Insider
- YELLEN: Would More Diversity Among Economists Have Helped Prevent The Financial Crisis? | Business Insider
- REPORT: Right-Wing Activist Targeted In Assassination Attempt... | Business Insider
- 21-Year-Old Kobe Bryant Got Advice From Giorgio Armani That Shaped His Outlook On... | Business Insider
- Foreign jihadists flock to Iraq, Syria on '... | Business Insider
- "Rumble in the Jungle" ring stolen as fans mark... | Business Insider