Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- California Democrat Predicts Surge In Hookers, Blames "Global Warming" | ZeroHedge
- The Final Four is Set | iBankCoin.com
- Big Brother Is Here: Facebook Reveals Its Master Plan - Control All News Flow | ZeroHedge
- Reuters Asks "Who Is More Of A Threat: Obama Or Putin", Surprised By The Answer | ZeroHedge
- "We're Just One Archduke Away..." | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Startling Student Debt Numbers That Every Young Person Should See | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why people who are good at sports are NOT... | Business Insider
- Conte set for tense friendly against England | Business Insider
- Greece's bailout talks are still... | Business Insider
- Late goals save day for Netherlands, Italy | Business Insider
- Everything we're expecting from Jay Z's press... | Business Insider
- Here's everything you need to know about McDonald's all-day breakfast plans... | Business Insider
- Air strike kills at least 15 at camp for Yemen... | Business Insider