Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks Fall For First Time In Six Days As Commodity Rout Spills Over Into Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Oil Tumbles Back Into Red As Saudi "Whatever It Takes" Jawboning Is Not Enough | ZeroHedge
- S&P Just Warned Asia's Largest Commodity Trader It May Be Junked | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Bonds, & Bullion Bid As Geopolitical Risk Soars Most In 62 years | ZeroHedge
- Epsilon Theory: Two Discoveries | Financial Sense
- Can Investors Trust The New Gold Fixing? | ZeroHedge
- The Renminbi’s Path of Least Resistance | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- The notorious 'attic' penthouse in New York's Plaza Hotel is on... | Business Insider
- Bayern, Barcelona qualify for Champions League last 16 | Business Insider
- Federal court rules Wisconsin abortion law... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Police learn of 17th person wounded in... | Business Insider
- Ex-student applies for probation over mac and cheese rant... | Business Insider
- US issues travel warning following terror attacks | Business Insider