Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 'Relentless' Greek Debt Payment Schedule | ZeroHedge
- Global Markets Up on PBOC Move | Financial Sense
- When The Math PhDs Are In Charge | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Market Soup | ZeroHedge
- Bad News About Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Summarizing Today's Greek Negotiations In One T-Shirt | ZeroHedge
- The Old Models Of Work Are Broken | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple has completely changed its shopping experience for the Apple Watch (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Obama just gave the New England Patriots a sick burn | Business Insider
- A new web service called 'Skinnyfatties' will slim down your fat, out-... | Business Insider
- The two words analysts refused to utter during... | Business Insider
- Incredible image of a giant 17-mile-long iceberg that just broke off... | Business Insider
- Apple has patented a better way of giving map directions (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek