Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Derivative Strategist Warns Of $150 Billion In Quant Selling Over The Next Three Days | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- Brexit: All The Latest News, What Happens Next And How To Trade It | ZeroHedge
- Britain Votes: All You Need To Know About Today's Brexit Referendum And What To Look For | ZeroHedge
- Global Elites Suffer Fatal Blow, UK Votes to Leave the EU | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's 3rd Mandate & The Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- Which US Companies And Sectors Have The Most Exposure To Brexit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of my favorite tricks to get the most from a... | Business Insider
- Basically, Brexit was a tantrum — what should we do about it? | Business Insider
- Obama might want to be a venture capitalist after leaving office | Business Insider
- LeBron James had a great response when the top pick in the NBA Draft said he... | Business Insider
- Twilio gets a big chunk of its revenue from WhatsApp —... | Business Insider
- How old 17 self-made billionaires were when they made their... | Business Insider
- The Brexit could cause major complications for British Airways (IAG) | Business Insider