Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Playfully Damaging Bears | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Split Times at Mr. Market’s High | iBankCoin.com
- Most Transparent Insider Trading Congress Ever Tells SEC To Shove it | ZeroHedge
- Avi Gilburt: Gold Could Break Below $1000; Sees Sharp Decline in Stocks Before Final Top | Financial Sense
- Is This How China Will Deal With Its Massive Mal-Investment? | ZeroHedge
- Doing Channel Checks Into El Pollo Loco | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dollar Tree Is Buying Family Dollar (FDO, DLTR) | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- GM Isn't Alone in the Race to the 200-Mile Electric Car | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Two Former McDonald's Executives Are Leading A Fast-Food Revolution | Business Insider
- Expect A Few Minor Tweaks To The Fed's Language This Week | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL) | Business Insider