Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China & The Return Of The "Yellow Peril" - The Muddled Economics Of Scapegoating | ZeroHedge
- It’s All Yours | iBankCoin.com
- AAPL Suffers First Death Cross Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Dudley Says "We Are A Long Way From Additional QE" | ZeroHedge
- Presenting The Annotated Chinese Equity Bubble Timeline | ZeroHedge
- "Would You Finance Your Kicks?": Shoe-Backed Securities Are On The Way | ZeroHedge
- Why Deez Nuts Is Actually Critically Important For The Future Of The Country | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 ways to become a more interesting person | Business Insider
- Time for black or gay 007, says Brosnan | Business Insider
- This startup has an unusual idea to fight the rise of ad blocking that could just... | Business Insider
- Nielsen's top programs for Aug. 17-23 | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, AMZN, BABA, MSFT) | Business Insider
- Bolt, Gatlin near 200m showdown | Business Insider
- DoD manual allows journalists to be held as '... | Business Insider