Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Holy Grail" HFT Firm Virtu Questioned By NY AG | ZeroHedge
- It's Time To Ditch The Consumer Price Index (CPI) | ZeroHedge
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Discusses Obamacare And The (De)Escalation - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- China Wanted Capitalism But it Also Got Strikes | ZeroHedge
- New Jobless Claims Plunge to 300K, Much Better Than Forecast | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Collapses In Japan | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer on Chipotle, IBM, Google and Goldman Sachs Earnings | TheStreet.com
- A Waze Exec Says A US Airways Employee Sent Her These Harassing Texts... | Business Insider
- E-Commerce Led VC-Backed Exits In 2013 | Business Insider
- Blackhawks Coach Appeared To Make An Obscene Gesture Towards Referee | Business Insider
- How To Use Touch, Warmth, And Taste To Win A Negotiation | Business Insider
- 16 Stunning Photos Of New Orleans' Mansions And 'Shotgun Shacks... | Business Insider
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Trader Joe's | Business Insider