Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- QE Deflationary? No Kidding! | Financial Sense
- 21st Century - Reality Vs. Storyline | ZeroHedge
- Sunday Morning Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Republicans Soar Above Democrats In National House Races | ZeroHedge
- Gold Edging Closer to Long-Term Bearish; Beware of Blind Spots! | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap December 6, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Enormous Discrepancy Between Jobs and Employment Continues | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Has A New Way To Watch You While You Shop And It Could Soon Be Everywhere... | Business Insider
- Yes, We Should Extend Unemployment Benefits — Here's Why... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- I've Been Using This Awesome Real-Time Search Engine — And It's Actually Owned By Facebook... | Business Insider
- IBM's Jeopardy-Winning Supercomputer Will Power A 'Cognitive, Expert Personal Shopper'... | Business Insider
- [video] Jim Cramer on Apple, J.C. Penney | TheStreet.com