Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Stock Market Has Soared (And We'll All Soon Know What It's Like To Be A Madoff Client) | ZeroHedge
- Mad As Hell | ZeroHedge
- Financial Times Editorial Seeks Restrictions on Free Speech to Stop False News “Propaganda War” | Financial Sense
- FBI Arrests Widow Of Orlando Nightclub Shooter | ZeroHedge
- A Hint of Gold Backwardation - Rising Gold Scarcity | ZeroHedge
- South Korea Seeks Arrest Of Samsung Chief For Bribery, Embezzlement And Perjury | ZeroHedge
- How To Be A Genius | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Early champions of the most ubiquitous retirement plan in the US say it hasn't lived... | Business Insider
- 13 things you're doing wrong from the moment you wake up | Business Insider
- Business dining etiquette rules every professional should know | Business Insider
- How a crazy tech 'university' and fantasy sports saved this... | Business Insider
- This startup will ship you specialty food from some of the most... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 'The market will correctly judge... | Business Insider