Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Decoupled Stocks From Oil, BofA Warns It Won't Last | ZeroHedge
- Why The US Is About To Be Flooded With Record Oil Production Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
- China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Are Now Uncorking The Delirium Phase | ZeroHedge
- OH YEAH | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- DraftKings' $1 Billion Fantasy Momentum Could Mean a Big IPO in 2016 | TheStreet.com
- HP Stream 13 Notebook Review: A Super-Affordable Windows Laptop | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- SONY: No VOD Distributor Will Release 'The Interview' | Business Insider
- Apple Forced To Stop Online Sales In Russia (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 'King Of Instagram' Sued For Allegedly Throwing A Naked Woman Off Of A... | Business Insider