Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- The 5th Amendment: Why A Law Professor Says "Don't Talk To Police" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage Continues After Close: WTI Now $65 Handle, Lowest Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- This Sunday May Mark The End Of Western Monetary Dominance | ZeroHedge
- Gold Shortage, Worst In 21st Century, Sends 1Y GOFO To Lowest Ever... And India Just Made It Worse | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Why Millennials Still Live at Home (It Isn’t Jobs, Student Debt, or Housing) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Eurozone inflation falls to 0.3 percent, unemployment... | Business Insider
- The Best Black Friday Deals In Tech | Business Insider
- US protesters force closure of mall near Ferguson | Business Insider
- Black Friday gets holiday shopping season in high gear | Business Insider
- OIL STOCKS GET CRUSHED: Here's What You Need To Know (USO, BP, TOT, XOM, COP, MRO, OXY,... | Business Insider
- Nigeria mosque blasts: 92 dead at one hospital morgue | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Durable... | StreetInsider.com