Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dramatic Time-Lapse Animation Showing America's Absurd Million Dollar Home Bubbles | ZeroHedge
- When the Price Is Right You Buy (And You Win)… | Altucher Confidential
- In Dramatic Outcome, Austria's Right Wing Presidential Candidate Is Defeated Thanks To Postal Votes | ZeroHedge
- Who Is Right Between Oil And Other Commodities: One Hedge Fund's Opinion | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank CEO "Very Disappointed" By Moody's Downgrade | ZeroHedge
- Inconvenient Truth-er Gore Refuses To Endorse 'Lying' Hillary | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Understand fintech - Amazon's next possible frontier - with this report... | Business Insider
- Bill Cosby is back in court — here's what happens if you take the drug... | Business Insider
- Madonna and Stevie Wonder delivered a powerful Prince... | Business Insider
- Chinese commodity futures just got crushed | Business Insider
- Consumers have a new mindset about clothes — and it's bad news for Macy's,... | Business Insider
- Pebble just unveiled two new smartwatches and a special fitness device — check it out | Business Insider
- New ads in Google Maps will try to get you to stop for gas or eat at McDonald’s (... | Business Insider