Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LISTEN TO ME NOW: IT’S APRIL ALL OVER AGAIN | iBankCoin.com
- NSA Warns "Bad Guys Are Everywhere" As Spooks Run Afoul Of German Laws Again | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 15 | ZeroHedge
- 47% of Chinese Billionaires Want to Leave China Within 5 Years | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) Bond: Nondisclosure Agreement Creates Two Classes of Bondholders | ZeroHedge
- 4 C’s That Could Change The Financial World As We Know It, Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cognizant Is Buying TriZetto for $2.7 Billion Because Delivery Models Are Changing | TheStreet.com
- China ups its medics in Ebola-hit Sierra Leone to 174 | Business Insider
- Here's The Wild New Plan To Connect New York's Boroughs With A $100 Million... | Business Insider
- Samsung Is Making Its Own Hour-Long Sitcom Starring A Fictional Employee | Business Insider
- 100 million people saved from hunger over last decade: UN... | Business Insider
- Heineken family rebuffs hostile bid by rival SABMiller | Business Insider
- Here's The Town With The Most Immigrants In Every State | Business Insider