Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jackie, Timmy, and Bill | ZeroHedge
- The Charlotte Riots: What They Are Not Telling You | ZeroHedge
- Italy Is The EU's Weakest Link | ZeroHedge
- Epsilon Theory: Essence of Decision | Financial Sense
- "Sometimes Party Loyalty Asks Too Much" - Lifelong Establishment Democrat Urges Voters To Support Trump | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Says "No Need" For Brain Test After 'Cock-Eyed' Dementia Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Un-Becoming American - One Man's Painful Journey To Renouncing Citizenship | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most Clinton emails will be released after... | Business Insider
- 11 unlikely foods that make you feel bloated | Business Insider
- This tiny hedge fund has an incredible track record, and outsiders can't... | Business Insider
- JetBlue Chairman: This is how you should ask for a promotion | Business Insider
- The thoughts T. Boone Pickens says keep him up at... | Business Insider
- REVEALED: Leaked video shows Snapchat's new glasses | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider