Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Is The Reason Why Stocks Just Had Their Best Month Since October 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Puerto Rico's 3rd Largest Bank Fails | ZeroHedge
- Missouri Auditor, Governor Hopeful, Dies Of Apparent "Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound" | ZeroHedge
- 2-Year T-Note Shows Path for FOMC | Financial Sense
- Stock Of The Year | iBankCoin.com
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Grant Williams: Why The Smart Money Is So Nervous Now | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple is hiring engineers to work on virtual reality devices (APPL) | Business Insider
- You should buy the iPhone 6 Plus instead of the iPhone 6 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- China's wild panda population up nearly 17 percent | Business Insider
- There's an unprecedented building boom in the South... | Business Insider
- UK internet provider TalkTalk has been hacked, leaving thousands of customers at risk of scams (TALK) | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek