Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Earnings Preview - Second Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
- Citigroup Just Cornered The "Precious Metals" Derivatives Market | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Bluff In All Its Glory: Presenting The Grexit "Falling Dominoes" | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Demise of Reddit | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- The Economist Calls Victory For "No" Camp: Sees 60% Voting "Oxi" | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Vote In "Holy Moment" - Live Updates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Australia fast bowler Harris retires on eve of Ashes | Business Insider
- Science says having a challenging job could protect you from cognitive decline | Business Insider
- Here's Chris Christie's big problem in a nutshell | Business Insider
- Japan joins US-Australia war games amid China tensions | Business Insider
- Switching to the drachma will be a nightmare for Greece (GREK, EUR... | Business Insider
- Arnold Schwarzenegger fought with James... | Business Insider
- Google is working on a mysterious new product that could be a new Google Glass... | Business Insider