Over the Fiscal Cliff we Go
The winner these past few days has been the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX), other than that its been a difficult week for equities. Is the worst yet to come?
As we pointed out today in Volatility: It's what's for dinner the VXX has jumped 18% in the past 5 days. We told you to buy into the VXX back last Friday, for those that did congratulations. Now we have to worry about credit agencies downgrading the U.S., and if that happens it will be an instant -10% across the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500. We are entering uncharted territory and its terrible for equities.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes. Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do. Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX "Fat Finger" Flash Crash Runs S&P Green Stops | ZeroHedge
- Simply Dreadful US Jobs Report | Financial Sense
- Presenting A First-Hand Look Inside Russia's Forward Operating Base In Syria | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Bombs Afghanistan Hospital, Kills At Least 9 Doctors And 3 Children, Calls It "Collateral Damage" | ZeroHedge
- Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" | Financial Sense
- Weekend Reading: Capacious Cognitions | ZeroHedge
- Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This controversial new business model is taking over retail | Business Insider
- Alabama judges use segregation-era law to avoid gay... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- No. 12 Clemson holds off No. 6 Notre Dame 24-22 | Business Insider
- Missouri governor commutes sentence for condemned man | Business Insider
- Trump defends 2nd Amendment following Oregon shootings | Business Insider
- How a chef cooks gourmet meals on a hot plate in his 100-square-foot apartment | Business Insider