Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Number One Concern For US Citizens Is... Terrorism!? | ZeroHedge
- Davos Elite Eat $40 Hot Dogs While "Struggling For Answers", Cowering in "Silent Fear" | ZeroHedge
- In Stunning Pair Of Interviews, Trump Slams NATO And EU, Threatens BMW With Tax; Prepared To "Cut Ties" With Merkel | ZeroHedge
- Financial Times Editorial Seeks Restrictions on Free Speech to Stop False News “Propaganda War” | Financial Sense
- Danger Lurks As 'Extremes' Become The Norm | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Faces Double-Digit Inflation Due To Crashing Lira, As Budget Deficit Hits Record | ZeroHedge
- At Least 20 Killed (6 Children) After Turkish Airlines 747 Crashes Into Kyrgyzstan Residences | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Chinese state-run media: China will 'take off the gloves' if Trump... | Business Insider
- This is what could happen if Obamacare is repealed | Business Insider
- This is the single best diet for your overall health,... | Business Insider
- These are the 10 safest low-cost airlines in the world for 2017 | Business Insider
- Only 27 movies have ever hit $1 billion at the box office — here they are | Business Insider
- CITI: Here is the key level to watch for oil | Business Insider