Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Neither the US Nor China Will be an Engine For Global Growth Next Year | ZeroHedge
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- Another Deutsche Banker And Former SEC Enforcement Attorney Commits Suicide | ZeroHedge
- This Is Where The IMF's Christine Lagarde Is Working On Her Tan Right Now | ZeroHedge
- New York Fed's Conference Evokes Violent Thoughts Against Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Tenants Wake Up To The Horror Of A Wall Street Landlord | ZeroHedge
- Biotechs Still a Haunted House for Bears | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- #GrammarGate Is A Hilarious Take On The Latest Twitter Controversy | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Everything We Know About NYC's 1st Ebola Patient | Business Insider
- Giants' Hudson hungry for baseball World Series start | Business Insider
- 30 Stocks Traders Are Shorting Like Crazy (SODA, SUNE, SPWR, TSLA, WUBA, JD, CVC, MNK, VEEV... | Business Insider
- Wanderers edge Al Hilal in ACL final first leg | Business Insider
- Google Glass Could Save KFC And Other Fast-Food Companies Millions Of Dollars | Business Insider