Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Ebola Cruise" Returns To Texas After Suspected Healthcare Worker Cleared | ZeroHedge
- On The Origin Of Crashes & Clustering Of Large Losses | ZeroHedge
- My Research is Complete | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks, Bond Yields Drop After Rosengren-IBM-Oil Triple-Whammy | ZeroHedge
- Futures Market Expects Fed to Delay Rate Hikes for a Year | Financial Sense
- How Long Can U.S. Production Survive Low Oil Prices? | Financial Sense
- Going Into Q3, Hedge Funds Have Never Been More Bullish | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McDonald's Menu Is Driving Away Cash-Strapped Customers | Business Insider
- Here's What The News Was Like On 'Black Monday' (DIA, SPY, QQQ, IWM... | Business Insider
- Australia abandons controversial niqab segregation plan | Business Insider
- How To Get An Hour Of Ad-Free Music On Pandora For $0 | Business Insider
- ROSENBERG: I've Been Through A Lot Of Crises, But Nothing Was Like... | Business Insider
- THE WEEK AHEAD: Apple Earnings, Twitter Tries To Win Back Developers (AAPL, AMZN, YHOO, MSFT, AMZN) | Business Insider
- Emerging Start-... | Business Insider