Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Easy There, Lads | iBankCoin.com
- Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? | Financial Sense
- Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What? | Financial Sense
- The "Unequivocally 'Not' Good" Reality Of Lower Oil Prices & Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Fed Cat Bounce: Stocks Soar Most In 3 Years As Crude Crash Continues | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Be Tomorrow's Superpower? | ZeroHedge
- RERAX, I AM A DOCTOR | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Barbara Corcoran: Here's The One 'Shark Tank' Investment That Got... | Business Insider
- The Most Iconic Kids' Toys of All Time | Business Insider
- Hollywood Is Bailing On Anything Having To Do With North Korea | Business Insider
- 6 Things Power Couples Do To Make Love Last While Conquering The World | Business Insider
- LeBron James' First Season Back In Cleveland Is Off To A Much Slower Start Than His... | Business Insider
- Hulu Employees Voted On Nearly Part Of This Awesome Office — Here Are... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com