Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Won the Debate? My View and Some Surprising Polls | Financial Sense
- The Run Begins: Deutsche Bank Hedge Fund Clients Withdraw Excess Cash | ZeroHedge
- Why Even Racists Need The Freedom To Speak | ZeroHedge
- How Republicans Rob People Of Their Right To Vote | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
- Sweden Creates 55 "No-Go Zones" As It Loses Control Of Refugee Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the best way to keep your smartphone charged when you're off the grid | Business Insider
- Watch the brutal Hillary Clinton ad that pits Trump against himself | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders appeared on the... | Business Insider
- Insurers are starting to offer discounted Apple Watches to promote exercise (AAPL... | Business Insider
- The real reason Salesforce is complaining to regulators about the Microsoft-Linkedin deal... | Business Insider
- Asking for what you want is great career advice — if you... | Business Insider
- This genius iPhone 7 case would give you back the headphone jack Apple removed | Business Insider