Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fidelity Now Allowing Bitcoins In IRAs | ZeroHedge
- China "Fixes" Pollution Problem... By Raising Danger Threshold | ZeroHedge
- Will the Shale Gas Revolution Make North America’s LNG Ambitions Obsolete? | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Why Our Consumer-Debt Dependent Economy Is Doomed | ZeroHedge
- Banks Outperform the Market With Regional Banks Pulling Ahead | Financial Sense
- 4 Setups For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Deutsche Bank: "We Think Something Structurally Changed Since The Great Financial Crisis" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chris Paul's Son Steals Blake Griffin's Locker In A New Foot Locker... | Business Insider
- 8 Outrageous Remarks By Lululemon Founder Chip Wilson | Business Insider
- Family Rescued From Nevada Mountain Did... | Business Insider
- China Puts Former Security Chief Under House Arrest | Business Insider
- Nokia Preparing an Android Phone: Reports | TheStreet.com
- Kass: Expect the Unexpected in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- Here's George W. Bush Showing Off His... | Business Insider