Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Scrambles To Enforce Capital Controls (Which Is Great News For Bitcoin) | ZeroHedge
- Silver, Stocks, & Crude All Screaming Higher | ZeroHedge
- 13 Things Wayne Dyer Personally Taught Me | Altucher Confidential
- Is The Stock Market Now "Too Big to Fail"? | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns: The #1 Terrorist Group Is You, Domestic Citizens | ZeroHedge
- Gold Coin Sales Surge 306% YoY In August, Silver Sales More Than Double | ZeroHedge
- China and Global Market Turbulence | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Rep. Michael McCaul writing book on homeland security | Business Insider
- Internet connectivity is driving the biggest in-car... | Business Insider
- 2 cases of polio found in Ukraine, caused by mutated virus... | Business Insider
- Latest on US Open: Errani overcomes dizziness to win in 3 | Business Insider
- People keep saying ex-CEO John Chambers is still calling the shots but Cisco... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, VXX, VXZ, DXY, USO, GLD... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek