Volatility Wins Again
Always a risky bet but after the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hits 52-week lows it due for a bounce. Such is the case this week after the VXX got down to $12.70 last Friday. Today the VXX is at $13.61 and fear enters back into the market.
Could all the ETFs trading on the market be part of the increased volatility? That's the question theStreet.com digs into today. Mastery recommends reading their findings.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Since their creation in 1993, ETFs have opened up a new channel of arbitrage for market participants and now account for 25-35 percent of daily trading volume.
ETFs allow investors to track indices or baskets of assets, allowing for more diversification and access to illiquid assets. Engaging in arbitrage, investors can profit from price deviations between the ETF and the Net Asset Value (NAV) of its underlying assets. While giving investors a low-cost investment tool, researchers argue whether ETFs may have brought some adverse effects to the market from arbitrage (continue).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- All You Need To Know About Germany's "Most Stringent" Gun Ownership Laws | ZeroHedge
- DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz Announces Resignation Following Wikileaks Resignations | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: The Last Two Times P/E Multiples Expanded This Much, The Result Was A Historic Crash | ZeroHedge
- Blue Lives Matter: Is Police Exceptionalism Leading America Toward Second Civil War? | ZeroHedge
- "That's A Scary Graph" Former Fed Economist Warns | ZeroHedge
- Mystery Over Munich Shooter's Motive: David Ali Sonboly Had "No Connection To ISIS", Obssessed With Mass Shootings | ZeroHedge
- What investors need to know about USAs FOREX rules | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Publicis CEO Maurice Lévy on a post-Brexit Britain, French labor reforms, and the... | Business Insider
- The 5 college majors most likely to lead to underemployment | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The 5 best online mattress startups for every type of sleeper... | Business Insider
- The CIA director reveals the 'most complex, complicated issue' he's ever worked on | Business Insider
- Top-performing Asian countries use the 'mastery approach' to teach math in... | Business Insider
- Dear America, this is how you became obsessed with guns | Business Insider