Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zappos CEO Pushes "100% Weird" Boss-less Model After Employee Exodus | ZeroHedge
- In India, Gold Is Not Only Money But Now Pays Interest | ZeroHedge
- Smart Money Entering Precious Metals as Russia Buys Another 300,000 Ounces | ZeroHedge
- Top 10 Banks To Sell Your Soul | ZeroHedge
- ECB's Willful Ignorance: Leaking Central Bank Says Austerity "Compliments" QE | ZeroHedge
- 2015's Lowest Volume, VIX Crush, & Data Dump Send Stocks To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion “Less Sexy” Than Bitcoin … For Now | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Source: Oracle is gutting the group that tailors its products for particular... | Business Insider
- Most Americans have never tried the most popular beer in the world | Business Insider
- What selling sketches on the street for $6 taught this... | Business Insider
- Massive national rail strike planned over bank... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, CSCO) | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- App developers think Apple just created a new market that will be worth... | Business Insider