Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inside the Market's Mind: Halloween Edition - Clowns, Balloons, and Scary Times | Financial Sense
- The Specter of a Hard Brexit | Financial Sense
- Hostage Situation In Brussels Supermarket Concludes After Hostagetaker Surrenders | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Vehicles Coming Faster than You Think | Financial Sense
- How Do You Find The Right Path? | Altucher Confidential
- Time For A Coup? Faith In The Military Soars As Trust In Media, Politicians Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Why Hillary Clinton Is A Bigger Concern For China Than Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Michael Moore secretly made a movie about Donald Trump, and now he's... | Business Insider
- These are all the games that were showcased during the Nintendo Switch unveiling | Business Insider
- A retired Navy SEAL explains how to find water in an arid desert | Business Insider
- Here's how bad government math spawned a racist lie about sexual assault | Business Insider
- A gunman in an Afghan Army uniform has killed a US soldier in Kabul | Business Insider
- The founder of a company with $1 billion in sales says his favorite job... | Business Insider
- People are going nuts for these $25 mystery boxes | Business Insider