Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guess What Occupation Is Most Frequently Cited In The Panama Papers? | ZeroHedge
- Governments Are Tightening the Noose on Tax Evasion | Financial Sense
- The World's Cheapest (& Most Expensive) Places To Sin | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Much Ado About Restrooms | ZeroHedge
- Monday Humor? The Hockey-Stick-Hype Of Stock-Market Hope | ZeroHedge
- Inconvenient Truth-er Gore Refuses To Endorse 'Lying' Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The TSA just removed its head of security operations after... | Business Insider
- Obama confirms Taliban leader killed in US drone strike | Business Insider
- Draymond Green is defending his dirty kick to a Thunder... | Business Insider
- Angelina Jolie has been hired as a professor at the London School of Economics | Business Insider
- 5 things you didn't know you could negotiate | Business Insider
- Spanish journalist feared kidnapped by Colombian rebels | Business Insider
- An airline most famous for bikini-clad flight attendants just placed an $11 billion order with... | Business Insider