Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- To Be Afraid Is To Be Alive | Altucher Confidential
- Monetary Policies Misunderstood | Financial Sense
- Air Freight Volumes Across Largest Global Market Tumble 15% In First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- Larry Lindsey Warns "Nothing Will Change Until The System Collapses Under Its Own Weight" | ZeroHedge
- Optical Illusion / Optical Truth | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: 100s Of M1 Abrams Tanks Roll Through Houston, TX | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 6 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 most powerful moms of 2016 | Business Insider
- 4 chefs decode traditional steakhouse slang | Business Insider
- A new Ryan Murphy series for FX will go behind one of Hollywood's most notorious feuds... | Business Insider
- Square shares are crashing after reporting lower than expected earnings (SQ) | Business Insider
- Hundreds of people gathered in Tokyo for a massive fight with foam swords | Business Insider
- Wendy's has a new outrageously spicy chicken sandwich, and it was one of... | Business Insider
- Three reasons why Apple just hit a wall in India (AAPL) | Business Insider