Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Preview of January FOMC Meeting and Beyond | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Tumble On Spike Of "Strong Dollar" Earnings Disappointments And Profit Warnings | ZeroHedge
- The Bull Market Has Begun, Yet Again | iBankCoin.com
- Ron Paul On Gold & The Fed's Failed 'Utopian Dream' | ZeroHedge
- FUTURES FALLING THIS MORNING, IMPACT OF WINTER STORMS ON COMMODITIES | ZeroHedge
- The Next "Tom Stolper" Has An FX Reco For You: Buy USDJPY | ZeroHedge
- Now We 'Know' Greek Banks Are Really In Trouble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sorry, Silicon Valley: The Best Way To Build Your Startup Is To Travel The... | Business Insider
- Why Massive Sinkholes Open In The Ground Without Warning — Swallowing Cars, Homes, And Sometimes... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Syria opposition, Assad representatives meet in Moscow | Business Insider
- 'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Wants Out Of His... | Business Insider
- S&P To Greece: We're Watching You (GREK) | Business Insider