Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shinzo Abe’s True Agenda | Financial Sense
- What Has Happened So Far | ZeroHedge
- Atypical Global Recovery Underway | Financial Sense
- Nikkei Futures Resume Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Greek Prostitution Soars By 150% As Youth Unempoyment Hits 75% In Some Areas | ZeroHedge
- The Winners And Losers In Today's NEE And AEP Flash Crashes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Week's Volatility Reflects A Major Change In The Market's... | Business Insider
- Abercrombie Forced to Apologize | TheStreet.com
- The CIA Used Emoticons When They Hashed Out Benghazi Talking Points | Business Insider
- Women In A Poor West African Country Are Force-Feeding Themselves For Beauty's... | Business Insider
- Here's The Full Text Of Obama's Big Speech... | Business Insider
- Kim Dotcom Claims To Own The Password Technology That Twitter And Google Use | Business Insider
- IAN BREMMER: The Potential Of America's Energy Revolution Is... | Business Insider