Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Big Miss on US GDP; What to Watch If Things Are Heading South | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 28 | ZeroHedge
- Charting The Difference Between The Original And Revised GDP | ZeroHedge
- S&P Hits Record Highs After BoJ, GDP Disappointment | ZeroHedge
- A Trump Supporter Reacts To The Democratic Convention | ZeroHedge
- Hungary's PM Orban: Trump "Better Option For Europe" | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico extradited the accused money launderer who was... | Business Insider
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- Top US trade official: Rejecting the TPP would... | Business Insider
- 16 incredible spy gadgets from CIA history | Business Insider
- We may be about to solve one of the biggest... | Business Insider
- Pablo Escobar may be long gone, but his hippos are still causing problems for... | Business Insider
- Americans are getting shorter compared to the rest of... | Business Insider