Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ebola Outbreak Evolving "In Alarming Ways," WHO Warns 20,000 Could Be Infected | ZeroHedge
- Two Stocks To Watch | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- CBO Thinks Millions Of Americans Aren't Going To Sign Up For Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Successfully Recreated As P2P Software: See the Argentinian Default Trade Bear Fruit Through Bitcoin | ZeroHedge
- 30Y Treasury Yield Plunges To Fresh 15-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- "The Buyback Party Is Over" - Albert Edwards Warns The "Market Is Now Running On Fumes" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street Loves This Gadget That's Bringing The World Closer To Self-Driving Cars... | Business Insider
- 'LET MEN BE MEN': Watch Fox News Hosts Defend Catcalling Women | Business Insider
- Apple Would Address New Market with 12.9-Inch iPad For Businesses | TheStreet.com
- How To Choose The Best Photos For Your Online Dating Profile | Business Insider
- Initial Jobless Claims Come In At 298,000 | Business Insider
- Pablo Escobar's Right-Hand Man Explains Why The Drug War Is Unwinnable | Business Insider
- 'Contactless Cards,' Like London's Transit Card, Will Fuel Mobile... | Business Insider