Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Santa Claus Rally is Now | iBankCoin.com
- No More "Considerable Time" - Meet The New, "Patient" Fed | ZeroHedge
- The Morality and Legality of Debt Jubilee, Part II | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Prices Plunge Most Since Dec 2008 | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Spikes Over $59, Up 9% From Lows: Biggest Intraday Swing Since April 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Russian Stocks Soar 17% - Most Since 2008; Ruble Back Below 62/USD | ZeroHedge
- Veteran EM Fund Manager Warns "The Youngsters Are About To Be Schooled" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Power Couple Has Found The Key To Staying Happy While Working Insane Hours | Business Insider
- High-Momentum Tech Stocks Lead Gains in Fed-Inspired Rally | TheStreet.com
- Gene Munster Promises The Apple Television Is STILL Coming | Business Insider
- Ruble Slipping Again As Putin Says The Situation Is... | Business Insider
- PIMCO: Here's What Ben Bernanke Told Us About 2015 | Business Insider
- Here's What 4-Year-Olds Have To Go Through To Get Into An Elite New... | Business Insider
- India's Devi banned for Asiad medal snub | Business Insider