Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Casinos Hoping for a Playable Hand | iBankCoin.com
- MIT vs. ShadowStats – Who’s Right on Inflation? | Financial Sense
- A Day Of Global Economic Disappointments Is Just What The Stock Ramp Algo Ordered | ZeroHedge
- Commodities Are Crashing Amid Stock-Bond Disconnect Deja Vu | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Sentiment Remains Strong | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- "Smarter People Get That Respectable People Have To Run The System" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Startup Is Paying People To Take A Two-Week Vacation Before They... | Business Insider
- Carl Icahn Just Made $180 Million This Morning (EBAY) | Business Insider
- Top three disqualified in Asian Games men's 800m | Business Insider
- Eurozone manufacturing in doldrums, Markit index shows | Business Insider
- China manufacturing growth unchanged in September | Business Insider
- There's Already A More Threatening Virus Than Ebola In The US, And Most Aren... | Business Insider
- Jeff Goldblum Strips To His Undies In Hilarious... | Business Insider