Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guess What Term Is Suddenly Surging On Pornhub | ZeroHedge
- Why Millennials Are Behind: They Earn 20% Less Than Boomers Did At The Same Age | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Shuttles Hit Las Vegas: No Steering Wheels, No Brake Pedals | ZeroHedge
- Debunking Loretta Lynch's One-Sided 'Chicago Cops Are Racist Villains' Statistics | ZeroHedge
- This Bloomberg Editorial Claims Experts Are Necessary for Government - We Disagree | ZeroHedge
- South Korea Seeks Arrest Of Samsung Chief For Bribery, Embezzlement And Perjury | ZeroHedge
- The Clinton Foundation Is Shutting Down The Clinton Global Initiative | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs just named a new head of its giant tech division | Business Insider
- Inside New York’s most exclusive private car club featuring a fleet of $300,000... | Business Insider
- For $8,000 this startup will fill your veins with the blood of young... | Business Insider
- Ice has encrusted this desert city — and it looks like... | Business Insider
- The head of Austria's far-right Freedom Party calls for a... | Business Insider
- Rob Gronkowski is starring in two upcoming crime thrillers | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider