Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- Sweden Readies Network Of Nuclear Fallout Bunkers As Fears Grow Of Russian Attack | ZeroHedge
- NOW Can We Admit the War On Terror Has Failed? | ZeroHedge
- Pepsi Pulls 12-Packs, 2 Liter Bottles From Philadelphia Stores In Protest Over Soda Tax | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: Medicare Part G? | ZeroHedge
- How Antonio Lee Snuck A Fake $3.6 Trillion Acquisition Past The SEC | ZeroHedge
- Meet "Thankful Beggar" Seth Williams - Philadelphia's Most-Corrupt Politician Of The Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Don't believe Hollywood: To be a top programmer, you need to be a team... | Business Insider
- Disney may make even more 'Beauty and the Beast' movies — here's how | Business Insider
- The Navy is using drones to prep for future tensions with Russia... | Business Insider
- House Intelligence chief: We don't know 'for sure' if Trump... | Business Insider
- 8 ways to make your money work for you | Business Insider
- The Apple Pencil is one of my favorite iPad accessories, even though I can’t draw | Business Insider
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider