Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Warship Given Permission To Cross Bosphorus, Enter Black Sea | ZeroHedge
- Will Emerging Markets Come Back? | Financial Sense
- Profits Will Come, Ray | iBankCoin.com
- Student And Car Loans Account For 102% Of All New February Consumer Credit | ZeroHedge
- Loophole Makes Hilarious Mockery Of US Crude Oil Export Ban | ZeroHedge
- With Average House Prices At $6.8 Million In Central London, Is A Property Bubble Set To Burst! | ZeroHedge
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 Tips And Tricks For Getting The Most Out Of LinkedIn's Apps | Business Insider
- US Futures Flat, European Stocks Drift Lower Ahead Of Jobs Report | Business Insider
- Instagram Lands HUGE $100 Million Ad Deal | Business Insider
- Samsung Just Launched An Ad-Free, Free Music Service | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- Warren Buffett Is Making A Killing On This NYC Property Investment, And He's... | Business Insider
- RORY MCILROY: How Nike's $200 Million Man Spends His Money | Business Insider