Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don't Look Now But Bond Yields Are Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Google Market Cap Hits An All Time High $600 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Seven Charts For Bullish Investors To Ignore | ZeroHedge
- Mulvaney: "Deal To Avoid Government Shutdown Could Come Today" But Won't Due To Border Wall | ZeroHedge
- Security Forces Put On Alert As Trump Set To Ban Laptops On Planes Originating From Europe | ZeroHedge
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- North Korea Conducts Largest-Ever Live Fire Drill As US Nuclear Sub Docks In South | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This startup says its copper-infused mattresses will help you sleep cooler at night... | Business Insider
- Working a 9-5 job, buying a home, and saving in a 401(k) will no longer make you rich | Business Insider
- The Canadian dollar is tumbling | Business Insider
- Amazon is quietly exploring ways to use self-driving vehicles to deliver... | Business Insider
- Netflix is taking on over $1 billion in new debt — here's why (NFLX) | Business Insider
- Hasbro beats on strong demand for digital gaming (HAS) | Business Insider
- A California sheriff is digging in his heels to back the Justice Department... | Business Insider