Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BleachBit Brags Of Wiping Hillary's Servers Clean With Claims It "Stifled FBI Investigation" | ZeroHedge
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
- American Electorate Loses As Partisan Media Coverage Of Candidate Health Turns Outright Bizarre | ZeroHedge
- It Begins: Barney Frank Tells Yellen Not To Hike Before The Election, "It Risks Destabilizing Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Consumer Confidence Slumps As Inflation Expectations Crash To All-Time Lows | ZeroHedge
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This water is so pure it could strip the minerals from your body | Business Insider
- This top-rated class for anyone who wants to learn to code is now cheaper... | Business Insider
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- 7 ways to ruin your relationship for good | Business Insider
- This is what it’s like inside Hong Kong’s rabbit cafe | Business Insider
- Consumer confidence unexpectedly drops | Business Insider
- I was a crisis negotiator for 23 years — here's what it's... | Business Insider