Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Similarities Between Germany and China | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: There Is A Plunge Protection Team - It’s Called The FOMC | ZeroHedge
- How The Federal Reserve Is Purposely Attacking Savers | ZeroHedge
- EleVader Down for Crude to the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- Short Seller Caught On Tape | iBankCoin.com
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- Peak Ponzi: Only 13% Of Loans In Bulgaria's Fourth Largest Bank Had Valid Collateral | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why This Startup Raised $42.5 Million Before It Came Out Of Stealth | Business Insider
- Apple Says iCloud Servers Haven't Been Compromised Following... | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Here's What Republicans Should Do Next | Business Insider
- These Two Maps Explain ISIS's Chokehold Over Iraq | Business Insider
- Tour de France offers 2015 Alpe d'Huez finale | Business Insider
- Russia takes bite out of McDonald's with US... | Business Insider
- Afghan Who Helped US Describes Sheer Terror Of Being A Taliban Target | Business Insider