Where will Stocks Go from Here?
Weapons of choice for today's trading are the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN(VXX) and iPath S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures ETN (VXZ)
The Dow Jones is having a hard time staying above 14,000. The psyschology of current trading may finally peel back the problems we haven't escaped sine before Obama stepped back into office (i.e. U.S. Debt ceiling, EU and U.S. economic worries). Should any panic strike the market, the profit taking will begin and stocks will decline.
Mastery recommends taking out a small insurance policy by making a small position (less than 2% of your portfolio) via the VXX or VXZ. Both VIX trading ETFs are never meant to be a long term play. A simple lather, rinse and repeat if necessary ploy but never hold longer than a month. As most of you trading know the VXX and its friends can bite hard and leave you with nothing. We are preying and betting on 'fear' with these plays.
There are plenty of reasons and Negative Nancy's out there that have been screaming the market is going to tank. Those 'black swan' voices are going to get louder the longer we stay fighting the Dow Jones at 14,000. It's just the way the market works, the end. Don't fight it.
VXX and VXZ INFO
iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) shares have traded between $22.17 and $116.84 over the past 12 months. VXX shares are trading today at $22.43 a share.
iPath S&P 500 VIX MT Futures ETN (VXZ) shares have traded between $21.83 and $57.49 over the past 12 months. VXZ is trading today at $22.02 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UBS CIO Warns "The Status Quo Is Over... Get Used To It" | ZeroHedge
- "The Global Economy Can No Longer Rely On Debt" - BIS Warns Central Bank Actions "Have Started To Backfire" | ZeroHedge
- EURO UNDeRTaKeR... | ZeroHedge
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Dow Futures Down 900 Points From Pre-Brexit Highs, Plunge Below Friday's Crash Lows | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: World Facing High Probability of Panic Deflation | Financial Sense
- George Soros: "Brexit Makes EU Disintegration Irreversible" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- You may have Amazon credits waiting for you — here's how to check | Business Insider
- The pound is getting thumped again in Asian trade | Business Insider
- How NetApp's CEO and his twin brother won the Valley after they got up and... | Business Insider
- Wall Street changed its China story again | Business Insider
- Can you get a sunburn while sitting in a car, and 13... | Business Insider
- Byron Wien shares the most important investing advice he learned from his late mentor | Business Insider
- A former Army sniper shares a trick for staying focused | Business Insider