Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Firm Behind Friday's Internet Outage Slams Critics, Threatens Western Accusers With Lawsuits | ZeroHedge
- Why There's No Economically Sustainable Price For Oil Anymore | ZeroHedge
- "I Went To A Wells Fargo Branch... And This Is What Happened Next" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- Radioactive Iodine Leak Reported At Norwegian Nuclear Research Reactor | ZeroHedge
- AT&T Purchase Of Time Warner Greeted By Skepticism On Wall Street, Scrutiny In Congress | ZeroHedge
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 common mistakes rookie managers make — and how to avoid them | Business Insider
- One of the most popular fruit crops in the world could be decimated by disease | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- US official: China using a loophole to buy coal from North... | Business Insider
- 9 incredible places to get married around the world | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Visa's profit spikes 28% (V) | Business Insider