Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Update: Sentiment, Seasonality, and Price Patterns Look Favorable | Financial Sense
- Here's The Bad News That Nobody Is Telling You About The Record Lows In Initial Jobless Claims | ZeroHedge
- It’s All About the Fed Today | Financial Sense
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- The Politicians’ War On Uber | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Circular Logic Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Cyber Wars Begin: Obama Says US "Must Retaliate" Against China For Historic Data Breach | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A waffle maker can teach you an important lesson about being happy | Business Insider
- Thousands of Verizon workers are preparing to strike | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Ending Calais migrants crisis is 'top... | Business Insider
- Ledecky retains 400m freestyle world title | Business Insider
- REPORT: Attorney general of Texas indicted on... | Business Insider
- Northern Ireland wants to turn the 300-mile ice wall from... | Business Insider