Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Former Attorney for George W. Bush, Richard Painter, Says Alt-Right Websites Are Guilty of Treason | ZeroHedge
- China Bans Buying Of Hong Kong Property On Credit Cards | ZeroHedge
- "Germany’s Dumbest Bank" Makes $5.4 Billion Transfer In Error | ZeroHedge
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
- Pentagon Denies Trying To Shelve Study That Found $125 Billion In Waste | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of Judge Gorsuch's Nomination Hearings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best restaurants in the Hudson Valley, New Yorkers' new favorite getaway spot | Business Insider
- 6 movies on Netflix that everyone should watch in their 20s | Business Insider
- Ivanka Trump will play a powerful role in the White House — but... | Business Insider
- This magical tape lets you build Legos on almost any surface | Business Insider
- The US economy is sounding an alarm that everyone is ignoring | Business Insider
- PTC and OSIsoft team up for the industrial IoT | Business Insider
- 6 tips for selling your home in this year's wild market | Business Insider