Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PBOC In Da House? Yuan Spikes To 3-Week Highs | ZeroHedge
- AAPL Tumbles As Market "Breaks" Again | ZeroHedge
- "A Key Technical Indicator Just Rang The Bell On The Cyclical Bull Market" | ZeroHedge
- And Now "Some Important News About JPMorgan's New Cash Policies" | ZeroHedge
- Video Shows Tens Of Thousands Massing At Turkey Border As Russia, Iran Bear Down On Key Syrian City | ZeroHedge
- World's Biggest Containership "Hard Aground" As Baltic Dry Crashes Below 300 For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
- Market Breaks Just As S&P Turns Red: "ALL BATS" Routing Strategy Disabled, NYSE Announces "Technical Issue" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The newest ‘Batman’ game is no longer coming to Mac or Linux, and... | Business Insider
- 12 successful people share their best productivity hacks... | Business Insider
- New York City apartments are getting smaller as the rents get bigger and... | Business Insider
- The best things you can eat for under $10 in Los Angeles | Business Insider
- 3 science-backed food hacks for preparing the ideal dinner party | Business Insider
- Samsung thinks giant screens on the backs of trucks will make... | Business Insider
- STOCKS CLIMB: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider