Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jackie DeAngelis Blows | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- The PetroYuan Cometh: China Docks Navy Destroyer In Iran's Strait Of Hormuz Port | ZeroHedge
- Military Plant In East Ukraine Devastated By Massive Explosion; Kiev Accuses Russia Of Using Tactial Nuke | ZeroHedge
- Technical Outlook for the Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher Into Breakout Territory | TheStreet.com
- Stocks Retreat From Records Following Alibaba Debut | TheStreet.com
- The Bengals Ran A Classic Trick Play To Perfection For A Touchdown | Business Insider
- Putin Is Getting Most Of What He Wants In Ukraine | Business Insider
- Jesse Livermore's 21 Trading Rules (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- REPORT: Baltimore Ravens Knew The Full Details Of The Ray Rice Incident Just Hours After It... | Business Insider
- This GIF Shows How Unemployment Swept Across America After The... | Business Insider