Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Get Ready for Shift in Fed Policy | Financial Sense
- Meet "Rolling Jubilee" - The Group Buying & Tearing-Up Student Loans | ZeroHedge
- Market Breaks As Stocks Explode Higher On Algo-Triggering Headline | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 31, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Markets Explode Higher As Bank Of Japan Goes All-In-er; Increases QE To JPY 80 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- Disillusioned Millennials Dump Democrats, Blame Obama | ZeroHedge
- Putin To Western Elites: Play-Time Is Over | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The No. 1 Thing Richard Branson Cares About When Hiring | Business Insider
- The Virgin Galactic Spaceship That Crashed Was Using A New Fuel Combination... | Business Insider
- Foreign jihadists flock to Iraq, Syria on '... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer on Technology Stocks: Trust Facebook, Here's Why | TheStreet.com
- Hong Kong activists mull taking protest to Beijing | Business Insider
- Euro sinks to two-year low under $1.25 | Business Insider
- You'll Be Able To Buy Samsung's New Curved Smartwatch Starting Next Week | Business Insider