Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Hedge Funds Remain The Worst Performing Asset Class Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
- US Slams Russian "Barbarism" In Syria; Moscow Responds Peace "Almost Impossible Now" | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Hillary: The Debate Of The Century... Gets Even Wilder | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary Rally" Fizzles As DB Hits New Record Low; Volkswagen Slammed; Oil Slides On Iran Statement | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Is The Highest In 9 Years (& The Lowest Since 2015) | ZeroHedge
- US Navy Sailor Threatened With Jail After Breaking Regulation By Refusing To Stand For National Anthem | ZeroHedge
- George Soros' False Flag Factories | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump: I didn't sniffle at the first debate | Business Insider
- Clinton calls out Trump for not releasing his tax returns —... | Business Insider
- Stephen Curry and Under Armour still can't break... | Business Insider
- The best dessert in 24 countries around the world | Business Insider
- A prominent Hillary Clinton surrogate questioned whether Donald Trump's sniffles... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Why new media companies like Vice and Ozy are jumping into traditional TV | Business Insider