Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Iraq, the United States and Iran Align Against the Islamic State | Financial Sense
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
- Treasury Curve Collapse Signals Multiple Expansion Exuberance Is Over | ZeroHedge
- The World's Most Dangerous Dams | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of How Obama's Russian Sanctions Really Work | ZeroHedge
- Creepy Mission: Obama "Lays Groundwork For Air Strikes" In Syria Next | ZeroHedge
- Novel Fuel Resources, the Force of Economics and the Renewed East–West Power Struggle | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tennis Players Benefit Greatly From Having Men And Women Compete Together... | Business Insider
- Meet The Publisher Who Ditched Amazon And Is Selling More Books Than Ever | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Durable Goods... | StreetInsider.com
- Jim Foley Got This Letter To His Family Past His ISIS Captors | Business Insider
- Look How Much VC Money Is Being Offered To Men, Not Women | Business Insider
- Time Warner Services Are Coming Back After Massive Outages Affect Entire US | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com