Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US, And Global, Military Spending Summed Up In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Whitney Tilson on The Art Of Value Investing | iBankCoin.com
- 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- EaSTeR ViSiToRS... | ZeroHedge
- Retail Sales Surge on Spring Thaw | Financial Sense
- Massive "Meteor-Like" Explosion Lights Up North Russian Night Sky | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- How To Use Tinder, A Socially Acceptable Way To Call Someone Ugly Or... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's What Happens To Investments On 'Shark Tank' After The... | Business Insider
- The Unthinkable Collapse Of Manchester United Gets Worse With Loss To New Coach’s Old... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The 15 Most Thrilling Roller Coasters In America | Business Insider