Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Norway Raids Sovereign Wealth Fund To Cover Government Expenses | ZeroHedge
- Al Qaeda In Syria Changed Its Name And Now The US Is Arming Them | ZeroHedge
- US Personal Spending Growth Slows As Savings Rate Jumps Most Since March | ZeroHedge
- Will The Pentagon's Effort To Whip Up War Fever Work in This Internet Era? | ZeroHedge
- When 'Whatever It Takes' Fails: 37% Of Italians Give Up Job Hunt As Welfare State Grows | ZeroHedge
- Risk-Parity Panic Looms As Bonds, Stocks, Gold Rally; Reject Fed Hawkish Chatter | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage: "Trump Is The New Reagan" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The artist who claims Zara ripped off... | Business Insider
- A staple of the American breakfast is disappearing | Business Insider
- San Diego's largest cash seizure ever may shed light... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led coalition airstrike level an ISIS position as the advance... | Business Insider
- There's one thing you can do to make your scariest moments more... | Business Insider
- This is the stuff you can only get at Microsoft's campus... | Business Insider
- Trouble's brewing in Canada | Business Insider