Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Spring Rebound for Existing Home Sales | Financial Sense
- Solar Boombox | iBankCoin.com
- BoToX ACTiViSM... | ZeroHedge
- Number Of Middle Age Californians Living With Their Parents Soars | ZeroHedge
- Banker Death 'Epidemic' Spreads To China | ZeroHedge
- Housing Bubble Pop 2.0: Remodeling Collapses To 1 Year Low | ZeroHedge
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Here's How One Man Traveled To More Than 30 Countries Using Credit Card... | Business Insider
- 9 Animated Maps That Will Change The Way You See The World | Business Insider
- Hackers May Have Already Filed Your Taxes For You And Stolen Your Return | Business Insider
- James Harden Goes Into Brutal Shooting Slump, Calls Reporter A 'Weirdo' In Bizarre... | Business Insider
- Bill Gates Just Tweeted This Vaccine Graphic You Have To See | Business Insider
- Tour The Insanely Luxurious Resort Opening On Marlon Brando's Private Island... | Business Insider