Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- Cutting Oil Production Will Not Solve OPEC’s Problems | Financial Sense
- The American Dream Has Moved to Scandinavia | ZeroHedge
- This Country Will Be The Next Zimbabwe... | ZeroHedge
- I HAVE A MESSAGE FOR $GPRO SHORTS | iBankCoin.com
- Initial Jobless Claims Spikes Above 300k To 3-Month Highs, Biggest Miss In 11 Months | ZeroHedge
- The Absurdity Of European Sovereign QE In 1 'Tres Stupide' Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 21 Sweet Perks Hedge Funds Give To Their Employees | Business Insider
- New Australian treatment could save wounded soldiers | Business Insider
- The 88-Year Evolution Of The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade | Business Insider
- Here Are All Of Apple's Black Friday Deals | Business Insider
- You Can't Buy These 15 Awesome Cars In America | Business Insider
- BOB LUTZ: Wall Street Analysts Don't Understand The... | Business Insider
- This Incredible Graphic Shows... | Business Insider