Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed is Out of Ammo… and Options | ZeroHedge
- Canada and the Oil Price Shock | Financial Sense
- Jim Cramer Flip-Flops Back To Bullish Following 100 Point S&P Surge | ZeroHedge
- The Perilous Misperception That Central Bankers Have Mitigated Market Risk | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Sells 3-Month Bills At 0% Yield For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
- Russia Escalates Syria Proxy War: Threatens Full Naval Blockade Of Syria | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Explains Why The Market Hasn't Crashed Yet: "People Are Holding And Hoping" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Police are searching for a missing Salesforce employee after a boat accident | Business Insider
- Israel bars Palestinians from Jerusalem's Old City | Business Insider
- ESPN's Stephen A. Smith goes on wild rant after Kevin Durant called him a... | Business Insider
- Keuchel, Astros still have something to prove against... | Business Insider
- Nigeria Senate names 20 nominees for president's... | Business Insider
- How to get the iPhone you want, even if it's sold... | Business Insider
- Twitter wants to be the main place you get news with a new feature called Moments | Business Insider