Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy The F**king All Time Highs: Stocks Melt-Up | ZeroHedge
- Hope and Caution | Financial Sense
- Draghi’s Risk Is He Speaks And No One Listens | ZeroHedge
- ECB Introduces Cash Collateral To Resolve Shortage Of Eligible Eurosystem Collateral | ZeroHedge
- Black American Confidence Collapses Post-Trump, Whites At 11-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
- What Comes After the Trump Rally? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- This $15 gift is perfect for gamers — especially if you can’t find an NES... | Business Insider
- Programmatic technology is transforming the retail experience | Business Insider
- Trump's penchant for dealmaking follows in the footsteps of Lyndon B.... | Business Insider
- The 30 most expensive colleges to live near | Business Insider
- Take this quiz to see how you'd do on the exam used to rank 15-year-olds... | Business Insider
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where all 32 teams stand heading into Week 14 | Business Insider