Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Levitate As FOMC Begins Two-Day Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Small Bombs Under $10 | iBankCoin.com
- My High Beta Allocation | iBankCoin.com
- Currency Wars Intensify As Russia Buys 18.6 Tonnes Of Gold In June | ZeroHedge
- Actionable Long Trading Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- The "Most Significant Danger" According To Elliott's Paul Singer | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Peso Slide As Fernandez Slams Holdouts For "True Aggression Against Argentina" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Official At Center Of IRS Scandal Called Conservatives 'Crazies' | Business Insider
- This Hack Lets People Save Your Snapchats For All Of Eternity | Business Insider
- Uber Will Now Let Your Employer Pick Up Your Tab For Business Trips | Business Insider
- 5 Tricks To Instantly Appear Competent | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley Auto Analyst: I Am Skeptical Of Every Automaker Except Tesla (TSLA... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Will Release A Book Ahead Of His Potential... | Business Insider
- Chris Christie Can't Seem To Escape Hecklers | Business Insider