Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S Drillers' Operating Losses Could Surge In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- "What's The Worst That Could Happen?" | ZeroHedge
- On Credit Default Swaps | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Slashes Q4 GDP Forecast | ZeroHedge
- This Thanksgiving, Let's Say "No Thanks" To The Tyranny Of The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- High-Frequency Traders Face Crackdown As CFTC Proposes Tougher Regulations - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Trump On Waterboarding: "You Bet Your Ass I'd Approve It, Even If It Doesn't Work" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Coca-Cola's chief science officer steps down after outcry over funding... | Business Insider
- Kerry in Israel for 1st time since 2014; no bold peace... | Business Insider
- Federal court rules Wisconsin abortion law... | Business Insider
- Hungary to issue bonds in yuan to attract Chinese... | Business Insider
- Meg Whitman: Dell's $67 billion acquisition of EMC is the exact opposite of... | Business Insider
- Kerry to hold talks with Israeli, Palestinian leaders | Business Insider
- George Best in quotes | Business Insider