Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | Financial Sense
- Peak Petro-State - The Oil World In Chaos | ZeroHedge
- Another Bubble Has Burst: The Miami Luxury Condo Market Is A "Ticking Timebomb" | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
- Friday Humor: "Wesley's Boobie Trap" Replaces Strippers With Robots | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things The Libertarian Party Stands For | ZeroHedge
- 6 Giant Corporations Control The Media, And Americans Consume 10 Hours Of "Programming" A Day | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 7 decisions you'll always regret making at work | Business Insider
- Why food tastes different on an airplane | Business Insider
- How different networking standards are competing to connect the Internet of Things | Business Insider
- Here’s one type of pimple that you should pay attention to | Business Insider
- Here's how artificial intelligence could solve the biggest problem in... | Business Insider
- Your most anticipated game got delayed? That might be great news! | Business Insider