Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hungry In Venezuela? Take A Number | ZeroHedge
- Futures Fail To Rally On Lack Of Yen Carry Levitation | ZeroHedge
- The Devil Lurking In The Retail Store Closure Details | ZeroHedge
- A Rusty Rail | iBankCoin.com
- Going with the Flow of the Market’s Music | iBankCoin.com
- Silver Spikes Most In A Month As Gold Tops $1350 | ZeroHedge
- Stocks For Your “Buy the Dip Grab Bag” | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- State Of New York: Start Sending Us Your Proposals For Bitcoin Exchanges... | Business Insider
- Pictures Of An Unlivable College Dorm That Houses Over 1,200 Students | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- This Video Of 20 Strangers Kissing For The First Time Is Going Insanely Viral | Business Insider
- SHAQ: I Spend $1,000 Per Week Buying Apps | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Opportunity Knocks | TheStreet.com
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com