Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ray-Ban Maker Luxottica To Merge With French Esilor, Creating $49 Billion Eyewear Giant | ZeroHedge
- While Davos Elites Address Populism, Just "Eight Men Own Same Wealth As Half The World" | ZeroHedge
- Looking at the Four "Bull Market Checks": Trend, Momentum, Breadth, and Sentiment | Financial Sense
- FBI Arrests Widow Of Orlando Nightclub Shooter | ZeroHedge
- Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff” After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs | ZeroHedge
- 'Bikers For Trump' Vow To Form A "Wall Of Meat" To Protect Inauguration From Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Former Black Panther To Tucker Carlson: Congressman John Lewis “Presided Over The Destruction of Black America” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Major banks develop small business blockchain solution | Business Insider
- Iraqis who escaped ISIS are now grappling with trauma | Business Insider
- Senate... | Business Insider
- Ford CEO predicts that in 15 years most cars for sale will be... | Business Insider
- 12 flight-booking hacks every traveler should know | Business Insider
- Trump’s pick for labor secretary runs a fast-food chain where 2 in 3 women... | Business Insider
- Spray this invisible, edible coating on produce and it will last five... | Business Insider