Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Something’s got to give in the oil market | ZeroHedge
- The Beginning Of The End For Cruz? Here Are Five Things To Watch For In Indiana Today | ZeroHedge
- "I Don't Know How To Explain It" - Confused Clinton Can't Explain Own Comments To Coal-Miner | ZeroHedge
- Weak ADP Number Shows Slowing Labor Market | Financial Sense
- Ken Rogoff's Shockingly Simple Advice To Emerging Markets: Hoard Gold | ZeroHedge
- US to Undermine Russia’s Gas Monopoly in Europe | Financial Sense
- EIA Inventory Report Analysis and Key Levels to Watch in the Oil Market (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk keeps a sleeping bag next to Tesla's production line so that he can... | Business Insider
- A Chinese monk was mummified in a jar and then covered in gold leaf | Business Insider
- I tried New York's hottest new burger for $17, and it's completely worth the price | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan say these 2 things are the... | Business Insider
- A diamond the size of a tennis ball is about to be sold for a ton of money | Business Insider
- Scientists have identified only 0.001% of all species on Earth | Business Insider
- Shopify customers can now receive same-day delivery (SHOP, UPS, FDX... | Business Insider