Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Consequences of Imposing Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- "We Fired Some Folks..." President Obama Discusses Chuck Hagel's Resignation - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
- I’ve Seen the Future. I’ve Seen the Future | iBankCoin.com
- The Worst Case If The Oil Slump Continues: "A Profit Recession" | ZeroHedge
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- The Mystery Of America's "Schrodinger" Middle Class, Which Is Either Thriving Or About To Go Extinct | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Reveals Mark Cuban's Strategy On The Show And... | Business Insider
- Here's How Likely Each Poker Hand Is | Business Insider
- Rodgers under pressure to lift shattered Liverpool | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- Russia to lose some $40 bn a year due to sanctions:... | Business Insider
- Awkward LeBron James Anecdote Shows How Screwed Up The Cavs Are Right... | Business Insider
- Joy for Federer as Swiss win Davis Cup | Business Insider