Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s My Birthday, Pal, What Do Ya Got? | iBankCoin.com
- Gold And The Fiat End-Game | ZeroHedge
- Leaders Gonna Lead | iBankCoin.com
- Stick Save To Close The Week | ZeroHedge
- Park Avenue Petite Squeeze Plays | iBankCoin.com
- Intraday Squeezers | iBankCoin.com
- All I Want For Christmas Is The S&P (The Las Vegas Period) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Suicide Prevention PSA Makes A Brilliant Use Of Ad Pre-... | Business Insider
- Sweet Minimalist Movie Posters Of Your All-Time Favorite Flicks | Business Insider
- French Soldier Stabbed In Neck Near Paris | Business Insider
- Climate Change Is Not Making Tornadoes Stronger | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Why We 'Grasp' The Truth, 'Dodge' Questions, And 'Fall'... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com