Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A New Look for the Weekly Strategy Session | iBankCoin.com
- THE DOGS OF HELL HAVE BEEN RELEASED ON VIX INSTRUMENT PRODUCT OWNERS | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Market Expects Fed to Delay Rate Hikes for a Year | Financial Sense
- A Quality Gem | iBankCoin.com
- How Long Can U.S. Production Survive Low Oil Prices? | Financial Sense
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Is China the Next Sub-Prime Event? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 Iconic Buildings By Christopher Wren, The 17th Century Architect Who Defined The... | Business Insider
- Marc Andreessen Slams Paul Krugman's Attack On Amazon | Business Insider
- After Years Of Success, Mind Candy CEO Speak Out About The... | Business Insider
- Here's The First Team Photo Of The People Behind Google's New $100... | Business Insider
- Australia abandons controversial niqab segregation plan | Business Insider
- Zagat Reveals The Best Restaurants In New York City For 2015 | Business Insider
- KRUGMAN: Amazon Is Abusing Its Power And Hurting America | Business Insider