Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Burning Questions For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Calculating The Breakeven Price For The Median Bakken Shale Well | ZeroHedge
- Last Nibble, I Promise | iBankCoin.com
- The Baltic Dry Index Has Never Crashed This Fast Post-Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Futures Continue Rising As Illiquid Market Anticipates More Volatility In Today's Quad-Witching | ZeroHedge
- The Stock 'Market' Just Broke Another Intriguing Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 50 Most Unforgettable Photos Of 2014 | Business Insider
- Two Teenagers Built A 3D-Printed Wristband That Can... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- There's Now A Site That Helps People Find A Place To Stay While They Rent Their Place Out On... | Business Insider
- Nike’s Storming Q2 Earnings Show It Is On Its Way... | Business Insider
- The US Just Sanctioned Putin's Favorite Biker Gang | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek