Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Ambassador to USSR: “The Whole Brou-Ha-Ha Over Contacts with Russian Diplomats Has Taken On All The Earmarks of a Witch Hunt" | ZeroHedge
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- Republican Confidence Soars To 9 Year Highs As Democrats' Comfort Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Scientists Warn That The Coming California Megaquake Could Plunge Large Portions Of The State Into The Ocean | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes On Washington: US Futures Rise On Hope Healthcare Vote Will Pass | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter is exploring a new way to make money from its most active users | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- This former Apple prodigy just got $9.5 million from Steve... | Business Insider
- 6 movies on Netflix that everyone should watch in their 20s | Business Insider
- 'All of us are essentially in the dark': Adam... | Business Insider
- eBay guarantees fast and free shipping | Business Insider
- PAUL RYAN: 'Obamacare is the law of the land' | Business Insider