Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm... Like "Nothing Being What It Seems" | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Changes in South African Inequality During Mandela’s Life | Financial Sense
- Beware The Balanced Portfolio | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: Spellcare.gov | ZeroHedge
- Uruguay Legalizes Pot Trade, But Who "Uses" The Most? | ZeroHedge
- Focus on Earnings | Financial Sense
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Grizzlies Star Left His... | Business Insider
- Amy Poehler And 'Billy On The... | Business Insider
- A New Crop Of Tech Billionaires Just Vowed To Give Most Of Their Money Away | Business Insider
- Uruguay Is Facing Down The UN Over The Future Of Drug Laws | Business Insider
- Yahoo!, Amazon Soar, Netflix Crashes in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- These Are The 10 Unhealthiest States In The US | Business Insider