Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 1 | Financial Sense
- "Low Volatility Everywhere" - BIS Sounds Alarm Alert On Pervasive Complacency Masking Systemic Shocks | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When "Scotland" Comes To Spain? | ZeroHedge
- Babson's Warning | ZeroHedge
- Is This China's Scariest Chart? | ZeroHedge
- The Ebola Epidemic Silver-Lining: IMF Bailouts For Everyone | ZeroHedge
- Scotland’s Independence Could Hurt British Pound | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- To Prove How Lousy Canon's Security Is, This Guy Hacked A... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, GOOG, IACI) | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Don't Worry, Earth Will Survive Climate Change — We Won... | Business Insider
- The Obama Administration Has A Brand New Line On ISIS | Business Insider
- Online Gaming In The US Could Be A $5.2 Billion Business By 2020 | Business Insider
- Here's A Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Fed Meeting | Business Insider
- The Best Part Of 'Destiny' Lets You Spontaneously Interact With Gamers From All Over The... | Business Insider