Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 'Wages-Fuel-Demand' Fallacy | ZeroHedge
- Iraq and Syria Follow Lebanon’s Precedent | Financial Sense
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- US Foreign Policy Then & Now (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Markets Set To Surge On Global Manufacturing PMI Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
- It's Settled: Central Banks Trade S&P500 Futures | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Most Incredible Natural Gas Play... | Business Insider
- Labor Day Blues Show Jobs Don't Pay Like They Once Did | TheStreet.com
- A Professional Medicine Hunter Reveals The 5 Plants To Boost Your Sex Life | Business Insider
- All The Different Ways That 'iCloud' Naked Celebrity Photo Leak Might Have... | Business Insider
- Rex Energy's High Growth, Faltering Stock Price Deserve a Look | TheStreet.com
- Eurozone manufacturing slows further in August | Business Insider
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider