Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mitt Romney Announces He Is Not Running For President: "Best To Give Other Leaders The Opportunity" | ZeroHedge
- Is a Major Bear Market in Stocks Ahead? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- SWIFT and Yuan-Internationalization | Financial Sense
- Chevron Slashes 23% Of PA Workforce As US Rig Count Collapses To June 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Welcome to a Scared New World | iBankCoin.com
- "Obama Is Clueless On Inequality," David Stockman Rages "The Problem Is [The Fed]" | ZeroHedge
- Syriza’s Victory Is Not the End but the Beginning | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IBM is giving its CEO a big bonus again despite the company's tumbling stock... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- China bank says business 'normal' as chief... | Business Insider
- Here's how to figure out the odds of winning your Super Bowl office pool | Business Insider
- Cristiano Ronaldo, wearing a wig and glasses, surprised a young fan on... | Business Insider
- Here's why the boss can't ride a bike to work in China | Business Insider