Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Supreme Court To Decide What Constitutes Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- Wednesday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- EP 123: Tom Rath – What Can You Do Better Than Anyone Else? | Altucher Confidential
- Chinese Farmer Loses Life Savings | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile In Venezuela... The Socialist Paradise Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 29 | ZeroHedge
- TWTR Twatted - Plunges 14%, Nears Record Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman shares 3 lessons he learned from the failure of... | Business Insider
- A hacker figured out a way to almost completely control GM cars... | Business Insider
- KFC's new chicken bucket can also wirelessly print photos from... | Business Insider
- Shell is axing 6,500... | Business Insider
- Boehner on calls for him to step down: 'No big deal' | Business Insider
- China artist Ai Weiwei says Britain restricted his visa | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IWM... | Business Insider