Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Surges To $45 After Saudi Troops Invade Yemen | ZeroHedge
- These Four Currency Pegs Are Most Likely To Fall | ZeroHedge
- 6 Reasons the FOMC Is Unlikely to Move in September | Financial Sense
- US Debt In The Age Of Unrestrained Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- Putin To Get $3 Billion From US Taxpayers After Ukraine Bond Debacle | ZeroHedge
- Dudley Puts the Kibosh on September | Financial Sense
- This Is What Happened The Last Time Malaysia Faced A Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A head of diversity is the new must-have position at tech companies | Business Insider
- HSBC customers haven't been paid because of an IT glitch and they're... | Business Insider
- Bolt wins world treble with relay gold | Business Insider
- Here's what Motorola's next smartwatches will look like | Business Insider
- Scientists, tribe study shrinking Washington state glacier... | Business Insider
- Prison scrambles as Legionnaires' disease sickens inmate... | Business Insider
- Walker: 'We cannot afford to lose' in Middle East | Business Insider