Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gundlach Feels Like We Are Back In December, Says "Stocks Are Dead Money" After A Short Squeeze | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Adviser, Nobel Prize Winning Economist Endorsed Venezuelan Socialism | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Has Finally Figured Out How To Get Washington's Attention: Lobbyists | ZeroHedge
- “Only Money Outside Of the Matrix" Will Survive ... | ZeroHedge
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
- "Someday We'll Be Microchipping All Of Our Children" | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Nears $50 After Bigger Than Expected Inventory Draw, Production Cut | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tried the 'Uber-killer' that just landed a $300 million... | Business Insider
- An explosive report on kickbacks in the ad industry is coming out next month and... | Business Insider
- The Feds could pull funding from Native American-run... | Business Insider
- The $6 trillion opportunity in the IoT | Business Insider
- The Golden State Warriors are no longer the favorite to win the NBA... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook reveals the Apple Watch's 'holy... | Business Insider
- Anthony Bourdain says this is the first thing everyone should do when they land in... | Business Insider