Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 4 Reasons the Twin Towers Could NOT Have Been Brought Down With Explosives On 9/11 | ZeroHedge
- Which US Companies And Sectors Have The Most Exposure To Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- Why China Is Arming Its Fishing Fleet | Financial Sense
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- Is Brexit The First Of Many Dominoes? A Few Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Derek Jeter asked President Obama what advice he'd... | Business Insider
- This former JPMorgan trader built a free app that sends custom financial... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- 11 crucial career lessons we can learn from the award-winning musical 'Hamilton' | Business Insider
- An eye doctor reveals how to tell if you need glasses | Business Insider
- The simple reason Apple is getting rid of the iPhone's headphone port (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Experts say movement behind Brexit could help usher in Trump presidency, but... | Business Insider