Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin Has Theory and History on Its Side | Financial Sense
- Japan Scrambles Jets In Response To Chinese Military Planes | ZeroHedge
- China's Pollution Problem (In 1 Stunning Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Why Is the Dow Lagging the Broader Market? | Financial Sense
- Iron Ore Prices Collapse Into Bear Market On China Credit Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Hussman Warns S&P 500 Over-Valuation Now Higher Than Housing In 2006 | ZeroHedge
- Safe Havens Are Trouncing Stocks So Far This Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Adam Lanza's Father: 'You Can’t Get Any More Evil' | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Finally, A Beautiful Ad For Animal Adoption That Won't Leave You In Tears | Business Insider
- AOL Has Deleted The Amazing Photo Of Its Digital Prophet Swinging From A Wrecking Ball | Business Insider
- Erdogan Government Hit With New Recording Of Alleged... | Business Insider
- The Best Part Of The 'True Detective' Finale Was A 15-Minute Game... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: Our Clients Are Starting To Wonder When The Party Is Going To End | Business Insider