Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stop and Pay Your Respects to These Retail Plays | iBankCoin.com
- Stunning Time-Lapse Video Of 2-Mile Wide Oklahoma Tornado | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: "It's All About The Earnings" | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Forget About This Summer Fun Stock | iBankCoin.com
- "No Tapering" - Bernanke's 'State Of The Economy' Testimony - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- High Tight Flags for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- When Central Banks Buy Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Silver Has Now Had An Insane Day, And Is Actually Higher After Plunging 9% | Business Insider
- A Low-Cost Chinese Airline May Make Its Flight Attendants Wear Costumes | Business Insider
- LinkedIn Is The Most Effective Social Network For Salespeople | Business Insider
- The 14 Best Housing Markets For The Next Five Years | Business Insider
- Rockwell Medical Run-Up Trade Follows Financing | TheStreet.com
- New Arms Bill In Congress Could Involve Major Sanctions On Russia | Business Insider
- CITI: Just Keep Selling The Yen | Business Insider