Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Stocks Give Up Trump Gains As $1.7 Trillion Source Of Funds Unwinds | ZeroHedge
- Islam In The Heart Of England And France | ZeroHedge
- Obama Explains Why He Accepted $400,000 For A Paid Speech On Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Paul Ryan And House GOP Address Spending Bill, Obamacare, Trump Tax Reform | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Really Pay? Mexico Plans Retaliation Over Trump's Border Wall But Ted Cruz Has A Cunning Plan | ZeroHedge
- Iraq War Architect, Paul Wolfowitz, Is Becoming Optimistic On Trump | ZeroHedge
- Will Your Savings Get Caught In Government Shutdown Crossfire? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The maker of UGG boots is up for sale (DECK) | Business Insider
- The CEO of About.com has a crazy plan to save the beloved... | Business Insider
- China just launched its first domestically built aircraft... | Business Insider
- 16 interview mistakes people think will cost them the job — but won't | Business Insider
- Hedge fund billionaire Bill Ackman provides a perfect example of how the rich get... | Business Insider
- Here's how much each US state relies on foreign trade | Business Insider
- Trump is taking aim at one of America's closest allies — and he has bipartisan... | Business Insider