Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart of the Day: With Stocks Near All-Time Highs, Financial Stress Turns Negative | Financial Sense
- Junk Economics: Michael Hudson Rages "Wall Street Has Taken Over The Economy.. & Is Draining It" | ZeroHedge
- SEC Begins Crack Down On Non-GAAP Accounting Gimmicks | ZeroHedge
- Oil Suddenly Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Gundlach's Key To Successful Investing | ZeroHedge
- Suspect Dressed In Panda Suit Shot After Entering Fox Baltimore Studio And Claiming To Have A Bomb | ZeroHedge
- Question Everything? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 50 best restaurants in America | Business Insider
- Ant Financial's historic fundraising could lead... | Business Insider
- John Kasich isn't going to be president, but here's how he found inner peace... | Business Insider
- Here's how the Internet of Things will... | Business Insider
- A 4,000-person IBM team dedicated to decoding... | Business Insider
- Stocks are getting slammed again (SPY, DJI, IXIC) | Business Insider
- A former Goldman Sachs employee has condensed an entire MBA into one online... | Business Insider