Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- Spot The Lone Objector | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Wrapped in Today’s Bacon | iBankCoin.com
- Marketwide Short Squeeze 5th Day In A Row | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman On The Real Evil Of Monetary Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- America The Divided: Everyone Knows We Have Problems But There Is Very Little Agreement On Solutions | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Fabulous Life Of Sir Jony Ive, The Genius Behind Apple's Design | Business Insider
- FAA LIFTS BAN ON FLIGHTS TO ISRAEL | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Experts Break Down The Two Plane Crashes In Bad Weather That Happened In The Last 24 Hours | Business Insider
- San Francisco Office Rents Have Risen Nearly 90% In The Last Four Years... | Business Insider
- Walmart US CEO Retiring (WMT) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek