Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTF Headline Of The Day: Anti-Gun Police Chief Urges Public To "Take Out" Active Gunmen If Possible | ZeroHedge
- KaleBios 'Black Friday' Begins As Shrekli Forces 65% Short-Squeeze Surge In Pre-Market | ZeroHedge
- China's Plunge Protection Team Now Owns 6% Of The Entire Chinese Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- Has Deflation Been Defeated? | Financial Sense
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- Goldman's Meteoronomists Have A Dire Forecast: "Winter Is Coming" | ZeroHedge
- US Corporate Earnings, Overseas Sales and the Dollar | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Britain's first app-only bank got a huge vote of confidence... | Business Insider
- New Zealand 22 for none at dinner to reach parity... | Business Insider
- Tunisia, targeted anew, faces intelligence challenge | Business Insider
- Oklahoma QB Mayfield expected to play vs Oklahoma St | Business Insider
- Browns undecided if Manziel will be active for Ravens | Business Insider
- How to tell if you're drinking beer from a dirty glass | Business Insider
- Drone footage will make you want to book a trip to the Scottish... | Business Insider