Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Head Of Democratic Party Makes Stunning Admission: "The People Are In Despair About How Things Are" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank and the Fraud of Too-Big-To-Fail | ZeroHedge
- US 'Relocated' ISIS Terrorists Out Of Iraq, Into Syria To Fight Assad | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Support For Legalizing Marijuana Hits All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Grows in Indonesia as Tourism Sector Blooms | Financial Sense
- Stocks Are On The Wrong Side Of A Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- "Dear Janet"? - China Devalues Most Since August, Yuan Tumbles To Lowest Since Sept 2010 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 14 of the most ridiculous excuses people have used to call in sick | Business Insider
- Didi, a key player in Asia's ride-... | Business Insider
- Washington Capitals player lost part of his ear... | Business Insider
- How to tell someone's lying to you just by... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump's latest election comments:... | Business Insider
- The battle for Mosul could 'mark the beginning of the end' for ISIS | Business Insider
- The Wall Street Journal is asking a... | Business Insider