Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why a Peak in the Bond Market May Be Near | Financial Sense
- Is the Stock Market Running on Borrowed Time? | Financial Sense
- Despite 2nd Slowest Income Growth In 2014, Spending Rises Most Since March Driven By Subprime, Car Sales | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Plunges, Biggest Miss Since Jan 2012 | ZeroHedge
- "This Is What We Do" Warns 2nd Oklahoman ISIS-Supporter Arrested For Threatening To Behead Co-Worker | ZeroHedge
- Europe, US Stocks Slide: 10 Year Bid Back Under 2.50% | ZeroHedge
- Why Oil Prices Are Dropping Despite Mideast Unrest | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Eurozone inflation drops to 0.3%, unemployment steady | Business Insider
- Eurozone business, consumer confidence slips further:... | Business Insider
- DEUTSCHE BANK ECONOMIST: Secular Stagnation Is Over (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT,... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong leader demands protests end 'immediately' | Business Insider
- A New iOS 8 Bug Can Delete All Of Your iCloud Documents | Business Insider
- How Online Ad Exchanges Are Making Inroads Against TV Networks | TheStreet.com
- Here's How China's State Media Is Talking About The Protests In Hong Kong... | Business Insider