Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- Draghi Dud: Investor Confidence Collapses As PMIs Plunge Across EU | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Trounces Trump, Exclaims Election Is Entertainment "Orchestrated By Major Media" | ZeroHedge
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Boosts German GDP Forecast Due To "Surge In Immigration" | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: I Wish Nobody Was Bombing Syria | ZeroHedge
- The US Shale Oil Industry Will Simply Vanish | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fighting rages on Yemen's Red Sea coast | Business Insider
- If you think Apple is a cult, you haven't been to a Tesla event | Business Insider
- Republican Gov. John Kasich says he's a 'troublemaker... | Business Insider
- Here is who the presidential candidates follow on Twitter | Business Insider
- QUIZ: Would you pass the English Grammar School entrance exam from the... | Business Insider
- Lawyer: Decision on Pistorius' release delayed again | Business Insider
- Morgue, cemetery and back: Guatemalans search for, bury kin... | Business Insider