Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Its Housing Bubble Pops, Chinese Real Estate Firms Halt Monthly Pricing Data | ZeroHedge
- Secular Shift in Interest Rates? | Financial Sense
- One Hour After Taking Office, Trump Suspends FHA Mortgage Fee Cut | ZeroHedge
- The Epidemic Of Bad Ideas | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: "All Our Clients Are Confused And Unsettled" | ZeroHedge
- Where Are We Going, Where Have We Been? | Financial Sense
- Trump And A New Gold-Backed Dollar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google stopped asking these 7 job interview questions because they were... | Business Insider
- Aaron Rodgers never forgets a slight and even teases his coach for drafting another... | Business Insider
- Here's the question the author of 'The 4-Hour Workweek' asks himself to keep... | Business Insider
- An accountant explains how to tell if you can afford... | Business Insider
- There's a hidden cost to having kids that many parents don't see coming... | Business Insider
- How to find happiness in the darkest moments | Business Insider
- Win or lose, Nintendo Switch heralds a big change for the 127-year-old company (NTDOY... | Business Insider