Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Obamanomics' Fatal Flaw: Minimum Wage-Hiking States Are Seeing Slower Job Growth | ZeroHedge
- 47% of Chinese Billionaires Want to Leave China Within 5 Years | Financial Sense
- Patience on This Ship | iBankCoin.com
- The Consequences Of Fracking: Two Clashing Views | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Trolls America's Poor: Tells Them It Is Important To Get Rich | ZeroHedge
- Over 1000 US, NATO Troops Begin Military Exercises In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Angry Airline Passengers In Pakistan Revolt Against Tardy... | Business Insider
- New York Congressman Says ISIS Won't 'Be Afraid To Put A... | Business Insider
- Ashley-Cooper and Genia return for Wallabies | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week Highs... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's The Wild New Plan To Connect New York's Boroughs With A $100 Million... | Business Insider
- The Most Beautiful Storytelling App Is Now On iPhone | Business Insider
- 'The German Recovery Is Petering Out' | Business Insider