Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Most Important Chart For Investors" Flashback, And Why USDJPY 120 Is Now Coming Fast | ZeroHedge
- Goldman, Morgan Stanley Warn European QE, While Fully Priced In, Is Neither Imminent Nor Likely | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: "Spooky" Things | ZeroHedge
- Thank You US Taxpayers: Russia-Ukraine Agree Terms On Gas-Supply Through March | ZeroHedge
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN | iBankCoin.com
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- The BoJ Jumps The Monetary Shark - Now The Machines, Madmen And Morons Are Raging | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mourinho confirms Costa will face QPR | Business Insider
- Israel police kill Palestinian after attack on hardliner... | Business Insider
- The Fed Is Taking Away The Punch Bowl — Here's What Usually Happens To Stocks When... | Business Insider
- Japan's Nikkei 225 index soars over 5% after BoJ easing... | Business Insider
- 13 Of The Most Popular Tech Company CEOs, According To Their Employees | Business Insider
- The Royals Explain Why They Didn't Go For The Inside-The-Park Home Run In The Bottom Of The... | Business Insider
- Check Out These Mesmerizing Photos Of Ceramic Poppies Spilling Out From The Tower Of... | Business Insider