Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post:15 Signs That We Are Near The Peak Of The Stock Market Bubble | ZeroHedge
- IBankCoin Internet Trends in 2013 | iBankCoin.com
- Volcker Rule To Scrap "Portfolio Hedging", Would Make Trillions In Excess Deposits Inert | ZeroHedge
- David Tepper Follows Baupost In Returning Excess Cash To Investors | ZeroHedge
- US Deficit Shrinks To $40.6 Billion As October Petroleum Exports Rise To New Record | ZeroHedge
- Nikkei Futures Tumble 800 Points As JPY Strengthens And "Beta" Soars | ZeroHedge
- Another Hedge Fund Legend Returns Cash To Investors Due To "Lack Of Investment Opportunities" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Poster Hints At Multiple... | Business Insider
- The Highest-Paid Players At Every NFL Position | Business Insider
- The State With The Worst Credit Rating In The Country Finally Approved A Pension... | Business Insider
- This Photo Of The Obamas' Dog Can Legitimately Be... | Business Insider
- France Is Sending Troops Into The Central African... | Business Insider
- NOMURA: We Still Believe Alan Mulally Will Be... | Business Insider
- Ron Burgundy Hilariously Re-... | Business Insider