Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- California State Senator Files Legislation To Create "Safe Zones" For Illegal Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- Stocks And Volatility Indices Both Jump - Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Strengthens After Rebound In China Exports, Trade Balance Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Throws Thank You Party For Millionaire Donors As Trump Resumes "Thank You" Tour | ZeroHedge
- Lame-Duck Congress Looking To Ban Online Gambling | ZeroHedge
- Congressman Calls Fox's Tucker Carlson A Russian Agent On Prime Time Television | ZeroHedge
- The Imminent Multi-Trillion Dollar Surge In Social Security & Medicare Costs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Joe Biden goes off on the 2016 campaign: 'So much for the shining... | Business Insider
- Biotech stocks slide after Trump says 'I’m going to bring down... | Business Insider
- Everything we know about the Apple car | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Get a great deal on new sheets for your bed — and more of today's... | Business Insider
- Tennis player loses match when her serve on match point hit her in the... | Business Insider
- Take this quiz to see how you'd do on the exam used to rank 15-year-olds... | Business Insider