Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Apr 16, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- European Sovereigns Have Worst Week In 5 Years, Stocks Slump | ZeroHedge
- Let it Blow Up in Their Faces, Rather than in Ours | ZeroHedge
- President Obama And Italian PM Renzi Explain How "The Crisis Has Passed" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 17 | ZeroHedge
- BofA "Explains" Why Optimistic Economist Forecasts Have Been So Wrong In The Past 5 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Berdych bursts Monfils bubble in Monte Carlo semis | Business Insider
- This Wall Street analyst call makes no sense | Business Insider
- New ‘Saturday Night Live’ documentary recounts the emotional first show after 9... | Business Insider
- These are the top 5 college majors employers want to hire | Business Insider
- Why investors are going crazy over Netflix, explained in one chart (NFLX) | Business Insider
- Bosnia claims second world's largest stew | Business Insider
- THE WEARABLES REPORT: Growth trends, consumer attitudes, and why smartwatches will... | Business Insider