Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Smoking Hot Wives, Gold, And The Dollar (+ Other Good Stuff) | ZeroHedge
- Japan: Government Re-Evaluates Its Economic Calculations | Financial Sense
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- Trump vs Hillary: The Debate Of The Century... Gets Even Wilder | ZeroHedge
- Germany Goes There: "You Can't Compare Deutsche Bank To Lehman" | ZeroHedge
- Something Odd Emerges When Fact Checking The "Fact Checkers" | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Caves To Pressure On Migrant Policy: "Germany Has Done Enough", As Support For AfD Hits All Time High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 27 books that can change your life forever, according to my coworkers | Business Insider
- Disney is thinking about bidding on Twitter (TWTR, DIS) | Business Insider
- Iran releases Canadian-Iranian professor held since June | Business Insider
- This is the best way to eat tacos — but you have to go to a parking lot in LA | Business Insider
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella slams Google's game-playing artificial... | Business Insider
- Jack Nicklaus wrote a touching tribute to Arnold Palmer | Business Insider
- A major 'Bridgegate' witness says Christie... | Business Insider