Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Left Saudi Arabia Off His Immigration Ban... Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- 50 Rhino Poachers Shot Dead After India Unleashes "Zero Tolerance" Conservation Policy | ZeroHedge
- What Will President Trump Say Today? - Florida Rally Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: Investors Will Soon Realize They Were Too Optimistic | ZeroHedge
- Tony Blair Wants to Rebuild His Career on the Back of Brexit | ZeroHedge
- NSC Official Fired For Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Trump's New Travel Ban Revealed: Phase-In Period; Green-Card Holders Spared | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands of people share their knowledge online for free — and for many, it's... | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- California could see its heaviest rainfall in 6... | Business Insider
- I've tried a lot of Bluetooth headphones, and these are the best I've ever heard | Business Insider
- Here's why New York's tech sector will surpass... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Customers are developing new... | Business Insider