GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
- Rent or Buy? – Are Parents Screwing Over Their Children? | ZeroHedge
- For The First Time Since The Recession, Boeing Won't Raise Airplane Prices Due To Plunge In Demand | ZeroHedge
- US Personal Spending Growth Slows As Savings Rate Jumps Most Since March | ZeroHedge
- US Slams Turkish Bombing Of American Coalition Partners As "Unacceptable And A Source Of Deep Concern" | ZeroHedge
- Wake Up America - It's Time To Eliminate The 'Pusher' | ZeroHedge
- HuffPo "Revoked Publishing Access" Of Journalist After 'Hillary Health' Story: "It's Orwellian...I'm Scared" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Egypt has dealt ISIS' local branch a devastating blow | Business Insider
- The first offshore tidal turbines in the world have been... | Business Insider
- Giving low-income schools washing machines solves one of their biggest... | Business Insider
- The one habit many successful people have in common, and why you should stop... | Business Insider
- The Danish PM is seeking an emergency law to reject... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek