GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap October 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: October 23 | ZeroHedge
- Forget "Lower For Longer", The Fed's New Message Is "Sooner But Slower" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palestinian rams car into Jerusalem crowd, killing baby | Business Insider
- German consumer confidence stops falling: survey | Business Insider
- 33 Silicon Valley Investors Just Signaled A Big Doubt... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Sears Plans To Close Stores And Lay Off Workers | Business Insider
- Police expand presence in Jerusalem after car attack | Business Insider
- Amazon Is Taking A Beating This Morning (AMZN) | Business Insider