GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Targets NATO With Military Exercises | Financial Sense
- Three Triggers That Will Send Oil Crashing Again | ZeroHedge
- Kansas Fed Plunges To 2-Year Lows, New Orders Crash: "Economy Not As Strong As Media Portrays" | ZeroHedge
- Yemen Ground Invasion By Saudi, Egyptian Troops Imminent | ZeroHedge
- MoSSaD MaDNeSS 2015... | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- AND THEN THERE WERE ZERO BIOTECH TRADERS LEFT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Black boxes usually survive even the worst plane crashes | Business Insider
- Apple could release 3 new iPhones this year (AAPL) | Business Insider
- What Wall Street wants from Google's new CFO | Business Insider
- Everything we learned from the first General... | Business Insider
- The new war in Yemen has already shifted the tide in... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg and Chris Christie are Facebook friends | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek