GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We're Now Just One Big Shock Away From A Global Downturn" | ZeroHedge
- 9 Regional Feds Pushed For Discount Rate Hike In October | ZeroHedge
- Could Stocks Rise 20%-50% in the Next Six Months? | ZeroHedge
- A Furious Ralph Nader Calls Out The Fed As "Tribune To Plutocratic, Crony Capitalism"; Janet Yellen Responds | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Index Tops 100 As EURUSD Tumbles To 1.05 Handle, 7-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Robbery In Progress At Chase Branch On 6th Avenue In Downtown Manhattan | ZeroHedge
- Volkswagen Admits To Equipping Audis, Porsches With Second Illegal Defeat Device | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Under Iraqi town, IS militants built network of tunnels | Business Insider
- Meet the 15-year-old "Anti-Bieber... | Business Insider
- London is now the most difficult... | Business Insider
- New Jersey's Chris Christie: Obama 'naive' on IS... | Business Insider
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible link to... | Business Insider
- Syracuse fires coach Scott Shafer after 8th straight loss... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider