GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Want To Outperform The Market, Buy Illiquid Stocks (And Pray) | ZeroHedge
- Where China Goes To Outsource Its Own Soaring Labor Costs | ZeroHedge
- FX-Rigging Probe Settlement Accelerates With UK Regulator | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Collapse 20% From May To Dec 2012 Levels; Biggest Miss In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Bump and Run Coverage | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Boomerang Hits UK, Oligarchs Shift Assets From London | ZeroHedge
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greenberg: Ackman and Herbalife -- The Day After | TheStreet.com
- South Korea Unveils $40 Billion Package To Boost The Economy | Business Insider
- 21 Quotes From Bill Gates That Take You Inside The Mind Of The World's... | Business Insider
- Russians Trust Putin And His Military As Much As Ever | Business Insider
- How A 61-Year-Old Granddad Got Life In Prison For Selling Pot A... | Business Insider
- Andrew Cuomo Releases Epic 13 Page Response To 'Ethically And Practically... | Business Insider
- Blackberry Faces Burnout on Apple-IBM Partnership: Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com