GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Theresa May To Call For "Clean And Hard Brexit" As UK Warns Of "Market Correction" | ZeroHedge
- Debunking Loretta Lynch's One-Sided 'Chicago Cops Are Racist Villains' Statistics | ZeroHedge
- Cyberwarfare, Driverless Cars, and Quantum Computing - FS Insider Podcasts for Science and Tech Lovers | Financial Sense
- Can Marine Le Pen Pull Off French Election Stunner? Germany Loses No Matter Who Wins | ZeroHedge
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 15, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- Trump Aides Deny Plan For Summit With Putin In Reykjavik | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'No one can... | Business Insider
- This startup will ship you specialty food from some of the most... | Business Insider
- 'Comey acted in an outrageous way during the campaign': Bernie Sanders... | Business Insider
- I've tried a lot of Bluetooth headphones, and these are the best I've ever heard | Business Insider
- Here's what that square patch on your backpack is actually used... | Business Insider
- At least 4 killed, 12 wounded in gunfight at Mexico... | Business Insider
- The world-famous London Piccadilly lights are being... | Business Insider