GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Union Jacked | Financial Sense
- WTI Jumps Above $48 After Bigger Than Expected Crude Inventory Draw | ZeroHedge
- Brexit: What to Expect After the EU-UK Membership Vote | Financial Sense
- There Is Now A Staggering $11.7 Trillion In Negative Yielding Debt | ZeroHedge
- "Back Into The Hurricane" - Doug Casey Warns "Gold Will Go Higher Than Most People Can Imagine" | ZeroHedge
- "Brexit Sends A Clear Message To Sick Political Elite" Marc Faber Sees "Only Good Contagion" | ZeroHedge
- UK Labour Party Leader Corbyn Loses Vote Of No Confidence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A programmer put together this great checklist for startup founders that... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- A legendary Silicon Valley designer is launching a ridiculously fancy new coworking... | Business Insider
- THE DRONES REPORT: Market forecasts, regulatory barriers, top vendors, and... | Business Insider
- The 'Game of Thrones' season-6 finale was the most-watched episode ever... | Business Insider
- Here's a really easy way to improve your mood and your health | Business Insider
- Here's why Brexit is a lot like having kids | Business Insider