GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jackson Hole Post-Mortem: "Door Still Fully Open To September Lift Off" | ZeroHedge
- Behold China's 2PM Ramp Capital | ZeroHedge
- Lessons From a Failed Prediction | Financial Sense
- Rigor Mortis Of The Robo-Machines | ZeroHedge
- Where Does the Market Go From Here? | Financial Sense
- DeVoe’s Unprovable But Highly Probable Theories | Financial Sense
- JPM Storms Out In Defense Of The Sunny Hedge Fund Hotel: Initiates SunEdison With An "Overweight" And $24 Target | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 27 most... | Business Insider
- Protests break out in Ukraine over giving regions more... | Business Insider
- Google has a sleek new logo | Business Insider
- 41 amazing public space transformations captured by Google Street View | Business Insider
- Donald Trump among next week's guests on 'The... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- The Latest: Women, children fleeing through Macedonia... | Business Insider