GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Are Ready, Together" - EU Leaders Proclaim First Brexit Victory, Agree "Firm" Negotiating Stance | ZeroHedge
- Tesla's Musk Aspires to Create "Counter for Skynet" | ZeroHedge
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
- ISIS Apologized To Israel For Attacking IDF Soldiers | ZeroHedge
- Le Pen Names Nationalist As Prime Minister In Last Minute Bid To Boost Votes | ZeroHedge
- Female Circumcision is Not the Only Genital Mutilation That Needs to be Stopped | ZeroHedge
- Global Reflation Trade In Trouble: Chinese Economic Data Plunges To 6-Month Lows As New Orders Dry Up | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There are a handful of remaining Blockbusters in the US — here's a... | Business Insider
- China's... | Business Insider
- THE REVERSE... | Business Insider
- 'Silicon Valley' star Thomas... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- $14 BILLION FUND: A deal between 2 trading behemoths makes a lot of sense (ICE, LSE) | Business Insider
- A startup CEO explains why he doesn't mind people laughing at his ideas | Business Insider