GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Citi Has One Unpleasant Chart For Anyone Thinking Of Buying Twitter | ZeroHedge
- SocGen Explains The Recent Surge In Health Care Costs | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers Says CEO of Large UK Construction Firm | Financial Sense
- Billionaire Capital Turns Into Ghost Town: "Home Contracts Down 80%", Trophy-Cars Pile Up In Showrooms | ZeroHedge
- US Equities: Weak Fundamental Support | Financial Sense
- Trauma Programming: "Up To Our Eyeballs In Manufactured Strife" | ZeroHedge
- Nate Silver: 51.1% Chance Of Trump Winning If Election Held Today | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A major 'Bridgegate' witness says Christie... | Business Insider
- ISIS bombings kill at least 17 people in Baghdad | Business Insider
- 11 things to do now if your summer internship didn'... | Business Insider
- A master sommelier reveals 4 trends changing the wine industry | Business Insider
- Here's where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on... | Business Insider
- Another teachers' strike is likely coming to Chicago | Business Insider
- Clinton calls out Trump for Iraq War support: 'That is absolutely proved over and... | Business Insider