GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Here We Go Again" - A List Of Monthly Highs Above 2,100 In The S&P500 | ZeroHedge
- Four Lost Decades: The Bumbling Incompetence Of The Power Elite | ZeroHedge
- Is The Fed At Risk Of Choking The Market? | ZeroHedge
- How Russia Is Preparing For WWIII | ZeroHedge
- Army Tests Driverless Vehicles On Michigan Roads To "Save Lives, Cut Costs" | ZeroHedge
- Senators Slam Loretta Lynch: End The Climate Change Witch Hunt | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: Killary Will Be The Last US President | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Zombie companies are holding China's economy hostage | Business Insider
- Tickets for the Warriors-Thunder Game 7 are... | Business Insider
- 13 foods that aren't what you think they are | Business Insider
- BMW has created 100 years worth of incredible machines — here are some of the best | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The Apple Watch is inspiring a yawn from Apple's most important community (... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek