GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Day After Deutsche Bank Admits Not All Is Well, Swiss Giant Credit Suisse Also Admits It Needs More Cash | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Tells British Banks To Reveal Their Full Exposure To Glencore And Other Commodity Traders | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Oct 8, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Liquidity Strains Reappear As China's "Golden Week" Stock & Housing Market Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason Belgium Sold 1,098 Tonnes Of Gold | ZeroHedge
- GOP Chaos: Boehner's Chosen Successor Kevin McCarthy Pulls Out Of Speaker Race | ZeroHedge
- Why Are The IMF, The UN, The BIS And Citi All Warning That An Economic Crisis Could Be Imminent? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 32 classic 'British' brands that aren't actually British | Business Insider
- 'Twilight' author says new book is 'not a real book... | Business Insider
- Here's why you shouldn't pay attention to hotel stars | Business Insider
- GOP in tumult after McCarthy's withdrawal from... | Business Insider
- It looks as if Obama is falling for 'the biggest myth out there' in Syria | Business Insider
- Tunisian national dialogue mediators win Nobel Peace... | Business Insider
- Unbeaten runs on the line as Australia face... | Business Insider