GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When Your Banana-Guy Starts Trading Stocks, You Know It's Over | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Apr 24, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- A Plot To Hold Down Oil Prices Or Just A Happy Coincidence? | ZeroHedge
- OBaMa'S LaP DoGS... | ZeroHedge
- The View at 30,000 Feet | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek parliament okays controversial cash reserve... | Business Insider
- Malaria vaccine offers partial protection: final results | Business Insider
- The new show all of Wall Street is talking about has another huge guest coming | Business Insider
- Women get asked this seemingly-harmless question all the time, but... | Business Insider
- This is what an Apple Watch appointment looks like (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The biggest NFL Draft busts ever | Business Insider