GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Those "Too Big To Stay In Jail" Walk: The "GE Three" Go Free | ZeroHedge
- "Bad" News Send Stocks Soaring | ZeroHedge
- How Has The UK Economy Performed Since The Coalition Came To Power? | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Tumble To 298K As BLS Warns Of "Holiday Volatility" | ZeroHedge
- Trouble For Treasurys, The Technicals Tell | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Citi: Bitcoin Could Look Attractive To Reserve Managers As A Complement To Gold | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Guitar Center Is Proof That Big Box Retail Is Ending | Business Insider
- Four Reasons Why Shanghai Just Had Its Worst Smog Day... | Business Insider
- Jim Chanos Is Shorting The Company Behind The Healthcare.gov Debacle | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The City Of Detroit Is Bankrupt, And For Some Reason The... | Business Insider
- Ohio Judge's Wife Allegedly Poisoned Him With Antifreeze... | Business Insider