GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- IN FOR A PENNY, IN FOR A POUND | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Humanitarian Convoy Enters Ukraine Without Authorization; Ukraine Considers Move "Direct Invasion" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 22 | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- In Iraq, the United States and Iran Align Against the Islamic State | Financial Sense
- Gold & Bond Yields Slide As Stocks Continue Hawkish Surge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We Spoke To 2 Veterans Who Served In World War II As Teenagers —... | Business Insider
- Did This Insanely Lucky Motorcycle Rider Defy The Laws Of Physics? | Business Insider
- Yellen Takes Dead Aim At A GOP Movement To Rein In The Federal Reserve (DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- RAND PAUL: 'Let The Democrats Put Forward A War Hawk Like Hillary... | Business Insider
- A Former Disney Imagineer Built The Ultimate Survival Vehicle For His Daughter | Business Insider
- A Ridiculous Rule Is Allowing 'True Detective' To Go Up Against... | Business Insider
- Why Mario Balotelli Is Your New Favorite English Premier League Player | Business Insider