GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Slump, Dollar Jumps After China Sends Message To Fed | ZeroHedge
- One Chart Says It All | ZeroHedge
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
- As The Sohn Conference Begins, This Is How Last Year's Hedge Fund Picks Did | ZeroHedge
- "I Can Only Say I'm Sorry" - Self-Professed Bitcoin "Creator" Can't Provide Proof, Backs Out | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Images Of Ramadi Show The Devastating Impact Of War | ZeroHedge
- What We REALLY Know About the 9/11 Defendants | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drawbridge raises $25 million to help it compete with Google and Facebook... | Business Insider
- 'It's real': Elizabeth Warren launches into vicious tweetstorm after Donald... | Business Insider
- Here's how the new Spider-Man star got ripped for the role | Business Insider
- A cheat sheet to understanding your college financial... | Business Insider
- 'El Chapo' Guzmán had more airplanes than the biggest... | Business Insider
- These 4 things could rattle the global economy | Business Insider
- Tiny creatures in Antarctica’s subglacial lakes may hold clues... | Business Insider