GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Ukraine Crisis - Just Another Globalist-Engineered Powder Keg | ZeroHedge
- Japan Scrambles Jets In Response To Chinese Military Planes | ZeroHedge
- I No Longer Want To Be A Coal Man | iBankCoin.com
- Caution Ahead: A Look at the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System | iBankCoin.com
- Rocking the Red with Style | iBankCoin.com
- Five Years Of "Progress" | ZeroHedge
- 50% Profit Growth and Historical Realities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Student Is Building An Epic Replica Of Manhattan Inside Minecraft | Business Insider
- Why You Should Never Let Your Employees Know You’re Stressed | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Exact Sciences, Rexahn, Advaxis, Peregrine | TheStreet.com
- Chef Thomas Keller Responds To The Damning Health Inspection Of His $310-A-Head... | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Offers 'SNL' Cast Sex Advice During Opening... | Business Insider
- North Korean-Flagged Tanker Docks At Seized... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek