GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Soars In June On Spike In Hope | ZeroHedge
- Systemic Turmoil, Structural Reform | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- Global Debt Time Bomb Ticks – Puerto Rico Is Next | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Central Banks Snap Up Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Chart Of The Day: Is China Sending A Warning? | ZeroHedge
- Greece Asks For 2-Year Bailout From ESM, Merkel Promptly Shoots It Down | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 mind-blowing facts about Greece's economy | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, DIA, QQQ, NKE, CB, ACE, T, DTV)... | Business Insider
- Bill de Blasio is going nuclear against Andrew Cuomo | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- And now we have our first presidential candidate warning about... | Business Insider
- Russia's big gas plan hit a setback | Business Insider
- A nearby black hole just erupted for the first time in 26 years and scientists are... | Business Insider