GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Are Living In An Aberrational World" | ZeroHedge
- Proof That Golf And Economics Don't Mix | ZeroHedge
- The S&P's GAAP P/E Ratio Rises Above 19X | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Path To 'Amnesty' (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- HFT War Stories: The Algo That Couldn't Count | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- Not So "Fab": From $1 Billion Valuation To $15 Million In A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Albania opens Hoxha's top secret Cold War... | Business Insider
- The New Head Of Cadillac Says It Isn't An... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk On Tesla's Gigafactory: We Didn... | Business Insider
- Fears of army influence as interim Burkina PM picks team... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- By The Time Europe Finally Gets Around To Breaking... | Business Insider
- Venice declares war on noisy suitcases | Business Insider