GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- France Escalates - Sends Aircraft Carrier To Fight ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 25 | ZeroHedge
- Leaked DNC Emails Confirm Democrats Rigged Primary, Reveal Extensive Media Collusion | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- Did Verizon Just Signal The Top? | ZeroHedge
- "If You Can't Touch It, You Don't Own It" | ZeroHedge
- Peak Oil 'Demand' & The Duelling Narratives Of Energy Inventories | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Recent mass shootings reveal an... | Business Insider
- 7 space mysteries no scientist can explain | Business Insider
- This 22-year-old intern just spent 40 days living in his car — here's how he... | Business Insider
- These are the 21 best used cars for first-time drivers | Business Insider
- RANKED: We tried 7 food delivery services... | Business Insider
- The WNBA is reversing penalties... | Business Insider
- 24 signs you're a good boss — even if it doesn't feel like it | Business Insider