GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Services PMI Slides To Lowest Since January | ZeroHedge
- A Global Debt Deleveraging It At Our Doorstep | ZeroHedge
- VIX-nado, Dollar-splosion, & Crude Carnage Spark Dump In Stocks & Bond Yields | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Tumble On Durable Goods "Good News", USD Soars | ZeroHedge
- Global Youth Unemployment Hits 35 Million As Recent Grads Lean On Parents | ZeroHedge
- "Ms. Wantanabe" Bets On Resurgent Yen As PE Cashes Out | ZeroHedge
- Mary Meeker Warns "Pockets Of Over-Valuation... Growth Rates Are Slowing" In Her Latest 'State Of The Internet' Presentation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- An online suit maker just made a beautiful suitcase that turns into an actual... | Business Insider
- The peer-to-... | Business Insider
- Samsung is launching a gimmicky 'Iron Man... | Business Insider
- Bayliss appointed England head coach | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider