GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bernanke Spells "Recovery" F-A-I-L-U-R-E | ZeroHedge
- Bullish Double-Bottom Puts Price Target at 1700 | Financial Sense
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Platinum 'Supply Squeeze' Likely To Lead to Record Prices | ZeroHedge
- 500 Years Of (Mostly Rising) Energy Prices | ZeroHedge
- Google Challenges Surveillance Gag Order: Squares NSA Secrecy Against First Amendment | ZeroHedge
- What If the Secular Bear Market Is Not Over? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- Forget The F-22 And F-35, Russia's New Su-35 Fighter Jet Blows Them Away | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- OBAMA: NSA Surveillance Programs Have 'Saved Lives' And Stopped At... | Business Insider
- Google Wants The Government To Lift Its Gag Order On Surveillance Requests (GOOG... | Business Insider
- BERNANKE: If Our Economic... | Business Insider
- Watching For Fraud Red Flags Can Seriously Boost Portfolio Returns | Business Insider