GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AT&T Agrees To Buy Time Warner For $80 Billion In Biggest Media Mega-Merger In Years | ZeroHedge
- Too Many Tired Bulls | Financial Sense
- Taliban Release Drone Film Of Suicide Attack In Afghanistan | ZeroHedge
- SNL Mocks Third Presidential Debate; Trump Silent On Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Vehicles Coming Faster than You Think | Financial Sense
- Stocks Are Not Long Term Investment Vehicles (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Trump "Truthers" Versus Hillary's "Hysterically Hyperventilating Hypocrites" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Amazon hack will help you save money on tons of great tech | Business Insider
- 9 tech skills that pay over $120,000 and are in demand | Business Insider
- Airplanes have a secret engine hidden in the tail | Business Insider
- Thousands of police officers stage a nearly weeklong protest in... | Business Insider
- This is why the paint job on Volvo's newest car blew our minds | Business Insider
- Here are 4 big takeaways from the world's biggest... | Business Insider