GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Next War In The Middle East Has Begun And Israel Vows "To Act Powerfully On All Fronts" | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
- US Inflation Expectations Hit Post-Lehman Lows Ahead Of FOMC | ZeroHedge
- Zimbabwe's Gold Mines On Verge Of Collapse Due To Low Bullion Prices | ZeroHedge
- Oversold With A 5 Day Holding Period | iBankCoin.com
- Central Banks and Economic Reports Keep Bull Market Alive | Financial Sense
- It Will Now Cost You 0.5% To Save Money In Denmark: Danish Central Bank Cuts Rates For Third Time In Two Weeks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Can Google Earnings Impress Investors? What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Currency Broker FXCM Is Bailing Out Mom And Pop (FXCM) | Business Insider
- Greek government to hold first talks with EU leaders | Business Insider
- This Tech Platform Is Allowing Brands To Scale Native Advertising In A Big Way | Business Insider
- One Typo Brought Down A 124-Year-Old Company | Business Insider
- A Man Who Worked For Amazon And Microsoft Explains How The Two Companies... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek