GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- "We Have Everything Under Control" | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To Arcadia – The California Suburb Where Rich Chinese Stash Cash In McMansions | ZeroHedge
- More Predictions From the Man Behind the Mask | iBankCoin.com
- The Artists' Road To Serfdom: The Commoditization Of Creative Content | ZeroHedge
- Mind "The Asian Dollar Short" - Another Ticking Time Bomb Gifted By The Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- After Golfing, Obama Holds Late Ebola Meeting - Guess Who Missed It (Again)! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Design Genius Jony Ive Thinks The iPhone's Competitors Are... | Business Insider
- Here's The First Team Photo Of The People Behind Google's New $100... | Business Insider
- IBM Is Dragging Down The Dow (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IBM) | Business Insider
- Teco Energy (TE) to Sell Coal Mining Subsidiary in $170M Deal... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazing Things Happen When Texans Get Their Hands On Ferraris | Business Insider
- This Proposed British Tax Cut Is The Stupidest... | Business Insider
- Mourinho furious with Spain after Costa breaks down | Business Insider