GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump’s Shot Across China’s Bow | ZeroHedge
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- Trump Tweets Japan's SoftBank Will Invest $50 Billion In The US, Create 50,000 New Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- Website Raising Money To Fund Assassinations Of Trump, Pence Uncovered On "Dark Web" | ZeroHedge
- The Recount Continues... | ZeroHedge
- Draghi 'Put' Steadies Stocks As Italian Banking System Collapses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what the maximum amount of caffeine you should be drinking in... | Business Insider
- On-campus cybersecurity sometimes impedes academic freedom | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- TIME WARNER CEO: The 'real threat' to the First... | Business Insider
- Obama is about to give a speech defending his... | Business Insider
- JAMIE DIMON: 'I want to do my share to help America get better... | Business Insider
- These are 11 of the best festive sweaters you can wear this season | Business Insider