Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Was Obvious in 2010 and Stated Explicitly Last March - The Euro, Stick a Fork In it, Its Just About Done! | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Hockey Sticks - Correcting Sharply Downward Yet Again | ZeroHedge
- Tyler Kling of Macro-Ops Says Junk Bonds Will Signal Equity Market Inflection Point | Financial Sense
- What is a man to wear for this apocalypse? | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- VIX Jammed Back Below 20 As Dip-Buyers Surge After Limit-Down Halt | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Crash Most In History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber drivers make even less than we thought | Business Insider
- After spenting 11 days exploring the dreamy Mediterranean islands of Sardinia and Corsica... | Business Insider
- 3 reasons Brexit does not portend a Trump victory — and one reason to worry | Business Insider
- A woman who has read over 4,000 résumés says this is the biggest... | Business Insider
- Brexit is not expected to have a big impact on the English Premier League | Business Insider
- One of the world's longest wars is on the verge of ending | Business Insider
- 7 simple tips for charging your iPhone as quickly as possible | Business Insider