Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Chinese Will Establish A New Financial Order | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Short Interest Surges To Record, Pre-Lehman Level | ZeroHedge
- Someone Is Lying: Consumer Confidence Is Somehow Both "Highest" And "Lowest" For The Year | ZeroHedge
- DuPont Stock Soars After CEO Quits And Company Slashes H2 EPS Guidance By Nearly 50% | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: I Wish Nobody Was Bombing Syria | ZeroHedge
- Canada and the Oil Price Shock | Financial Sense
- China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Caterpillar that's new to Pennsylvania can cause... | Business Insider
- Crude oil is up 4% (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan to run for US Senate | Business Insider
- Singer-songwriter John Mayer gushes about The Grateful... | Business Insider
- JetBlue plants a seed with farm-to-tray-table concept | Business Insider