Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Jobless Claims at 307K, a Bit Higher Than Expected | Financial Sense
- What to Look for in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Tsipras Addresses Greece, Says Bailout Agreements, "Troika Era" Are Over | ZeroHedge
- The Slick Lies Of Obama's "Robin Hood" Economy (In 2 Awkward Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Is "Bouncing Economic Rubble With Trillion-Dollar Debt Missiles" | ZeroHedge
- Today Athens, Tomorrow Madrid | ZeroHedge
- With Syriza Leading By 7 Points, Greek Incumbents Fear-Monger Looming "Toilet-Paper-Run" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Incredible 31-Year Evolution Of The Mac (01232014, 2101) | Business Insider
- The Two Things That Really Move Markets (DB, EUR, USD) | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- An Economist Explains In Simple Terms Why Deflation Is Dangerous | Business Insider
- Oil Is Slumping Again After Greek Election Results | Business Insider
- Greece 'leaving behind disastrous austerity': Tsipras... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, BOX, MSFT, FB) | Business Insider