Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EU Ready To Restrict Passport-Free Travel, Austria To Close Border | ZeroHedge
- Clueless Fed?! | Financial Sense
- The World Is Turning Japanese | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Approaching Significant Levels | ZeroHedge
- Market Analysis - Keep Your Cool (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Americans Have Never Been Fatter: Obesity Rate Rises To Highest Level On Record | ZeroHedge
- The 8 Principles Of The Newer Normal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the quant hedge fund manager who's killing it this year | Business Insider
- Neurological disorder on the rise in countries affected by... | Business Insider
- Here's a picture of the first meeting between the pope and... | Business Insider
- A judge rules Bill Cosby's wife will have to give... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- America's obesity rate just surged to a new high | Business Insider
- 4 things every man should know before going into a Victoria... | Business Insider