Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Texas Judge Blocks Obama Transgender Bathroom Policy: "It Threatens Students’ Safety And Privacy" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Headwinds Become Tailwinds | Financial Sense
- Follow The Money Trail For Source Of "Russian Threat" Paranoia | ZeroHedge
- Bond Market Gives Its Verdict On Yellen's Jackson Hole Speech With Stellar 2 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- WhiteLivesMatter Protesters Gather At NAACP HQ | ZeroHedge
- July Retail Sales Disappoint | Financial Sense
- August 2016 Vice Index: Is Vice Spending Slowing? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Global steel production is falling again | Business Insider
- A federal judge is urging prosecutors to put Arizona’... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's campaign... | Business Insider
- I gave up breakfast for a week and drank this caffeinated meal-replacement shake instead | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- A team of hackers has changed the future of computing forever | Business Insider