Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Set To Surge On Global Manufacturing PMI Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
- Your Wall Street Slumlord Arrives in Europe: Goldman Launches "Buy-To-Rent" In Spain | ZeroHedge
- 3 Important Gold Charts - Transparent Holdings Fall As Bullion Goes East To Russia and China | ZeroHedge
- The Scariest California Drought Map Yet | ZeroHedge
- China Will Revise Its GDP Definition Until Its Hits Government "Growth Targets", Goldman Explains | ZeroHedge
- Memo To Washington: Iraq Is Not A Nation And You Can’t Build One There With Bombs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Construction Spending Rebounds Sharply | Business Insider
- We've Got A Busy 4-Day Week Ahead Of Us — Here's Your Complete Preview... | Business Insider
- America's Most Incredible Natural Gas Play... | Business Insider
- Falcao leads Europe transfer frenzy | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: Regeneron to $400; Conn's a No-Touch | TheStreet.com
- Ayatollah Urges Iran To Boycott 'Immoral' High-Speed... | Business Insider
- What It's Like Working For Uber: Awesome And Stressful With 100-Hour Weeks | Business Insider