Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Summing Up The 'Recovery' In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $YELP | iBankCoin.com
- Germany Throws Up Over Draghi Plan To Buy Greek Junk | ZeroHedge
- Have the Stomach for the Ride | iBankCoin.com
- Goodbye POMO: Normalcy Returns On October 28 | ZeroHedge
- REVERSAL! | iBankCoin.com
- RX For Revisionist Bunkum: A Lehman Bailout Wouldn’t Have Saved The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stock Market Today: Stocks in Flux as Market Closes Out Quarter | TheStreet.com
- Now There Are Only Nine US Restaurants With Three Michelin Stars | Business Insider
- eBay Shares Explode Higher After PayPal Spinoff News (EBAY) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Why One Big Money... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Why ‘Doctor Who’ Actor David Tennant Was 'Very Nervous... | Business Insider