Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Market Goes Quiet - Do We Hear The Echo Of The Bottom? | ZeroHedge
- Open Both Eyes | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Slashes Q4 GDP Forecast | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Nov 24, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Get Him The Hell Out Of Here": Trump Heckles "Obnoxious" Black Lives Matter Activist Who Interrupted Rally | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- G20 Talks Dominated by Paris Attacks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NBA is drooling over a 19-year-old Australian freshman who looks ready to dominate... | Business Insider
- A crazy landslide that ripped up a California road is puzzling... | Business Insider
- Amazon pulls controversial Nazi-themed 'Man in... | Business Insider
- Israeli soldier, three Palestinian... | Business Insider
- Hate speech found on Yik Yak caused a university president to... | Business Insider
- UN weather agency: It's record hot out there this year | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek