Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Direct Edge Breaks | ZeroHedge
- Palladium, Gas and Wheat Surge On Supply Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Socialist Leader Maduro Doing His Best Obama Impersonation | ZeroHedge
- 85% of Pension Funds to Fail in Three Decades | Financial Sense
- Silver, Aluminum, Food, Copper, & Oil | iBankCoin.com
- Two Very Different Views On Soaring Food Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Cashed Out of $RUSS for a Few Dozen Bottles of Quality Vodka | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google Is Now One Of The Biggest Lobbyists In The Country | Business Insider
- The Most Difficult Part Of Teaching In The Poorest Congressional... | Business Insider
- Kass Katch: Buy Ocwen Financial | TheStreet.com
- Anxiety Spreads Through West Point As Military Combat Roles Are Being Slashed | Business Insider
- Bezos Dials in Amazon Smartphone, Citi's 'Stress'-ed Earnings | TheStreet.com
- Why Google Is Making Massive, Crazy Bets On Drones And Robots (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Here's Howard Stern Facing Off With The White Supremacist Accused Of... | Business Insider