Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recession Watch - Durable Goods Growth Slows In July, Core Capex Orders Decline 6 Straight Months | ZeroHedge
- Fed Dudley: We Are A Long Way From More QE | ZeroHedge
- China's Economy Is... | ZeroHedge
- Crash? What Crash? Dow Goes Green On Week | ZeroHedge
- It’s All Yours | iBankCoin.com
- Former Greek FinMin Varoufakis Launches Pan-European Anti-Austerity Political Party | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In Greece, Pension Funds Tap Emergency Loans | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This guy was trying to build a jewelry business and wound up with a hugely... | Business Insider
- Google says EU anti-trust accusations 'wrong' | Business Insider
- Polish official 'convinced' that mystery Nazi... | Business Insider
- Israeli military strikes target in Gaza after rocket... | Business Insider
- Facebook is reportedly gearing up for a showdown with Russia (FB... | Business Insider
- South Sudan rebels urge president to respect pact | Business Insider
- Dutch rabbit Miffy and Matisse side-by-side at Rijksmuseum... | Business Insider