Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Boom and Bust | Financial Sense
- Here's What Happens When A Currency Completely Breaks Down | ZeroHedge
- Northwest Braces For "Polar Plunge" As Temps Expected To Fall 35 Degrees Below Average | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Clinton Throws Thank You Party For Millionaire Donors As Trump Resumes "Thank You" Tour | ZeroHedge
- Denzel Washington Slams Mainstream Media For Peddling "Bullshit" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Taps Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt As EPA Head | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Philippines' president gave a profanity-... | Business Insider
- Time Inc. shares jump more than 8% on reports it has hired bankers (TIME) | Business Insider
- 7 phases I went through to get from waiting tables to owning a 6-... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- A white nationalist leader's speech sparked... | Business Insider
- Sleep loss costs the US economy $411 billion per year — and it's also really bad for... | Business Insider
- Trump says he only sleeps a few hours each night — and there could be a... | Business Insider