Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Short Interest Soars To Record Highs, Chinese Stock Futures Flash-Crash 12.5% | ZeroHedge
- Trickle-Down Crash? Trophy Assets Suddenly Tanking | ZeroHedge
- Almost 100 Beheadings So Far In 2016 And Counting... And No, It's Not ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- The New Battle Of Britain | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | Financial Sense
- Animal Rights Protesters Jump Barricades, Rush Bernie Sanders At California Rally | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- Meet the man who introduced Donald Trump to one of his most powerful weapons | Business Insider
- Donald Trump unloads on 'loser' Bill Kristol amid reports of... | Business Insider
- Russian watchdog again puts off decision on Google fine | Business Insider
- PURE ADRENALINE: Come along on a death-defying 500 MPH ride in a fighter jet... | Business Insider
- Consumers value... | Business Insider
- Disney execs are reportedly 'not happy' with the 'Star Wars'... | Business Insider