Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ep. 186: Jewel – 10 Lessons I Learned From Jewel | Altucher Confidential
- DeuTSCHe BaNK EXPLaiNeD... | ZeroHedge
- Silver Is Getting Slammed But Bonds Best Post-Fed | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers Says CEO of Large UK Construction Firm | Financial Sense
- Trump Won? His Attacks on the Fed and Politics Need to Go Even Deeper | ZeroHedge
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Demonstrators gather in the San Diego area after police fatally shoot a... | Business Insider
- These 3 luxury-car brands will soon help you find a parking space from the car... | Business Insider
- There's a way to get endless professional photos while you trounce around... | Business Insider
- The 37 highest-paying jobs in America | Business Insider
- New 'Bridgegate' testimony could crush... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- Slack, the red hot $3.8 billion startup, has a hidden meaning behind its name | Business Insider