Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Stocks Crash, US Futures Flat Ahead Of More Greek Rumors | ZeroHedge
- More and More Outlets Are Suggesting a Carry Tax on Physical Cash | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns "This Time Is Very Different" | ZeroHedge
- I AM AFRAID OF THE CYBER-NET | iBankCoin.com
- Dip-Buyers Rescue Nasdaq Back Above Record Close | ZeroHedge
- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Lacy Hunt on US Endgame and Greatest Risk to Financial Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s the case for how Apple could blow up the cable industry | Business Insider
- After-Hours... | StreetInsider.com
- Samsung is being left behind in the... | Business Insider
- Bride and prejudice: rare ethnic marriages reflect... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- The 11 best jobs for women in 2015 | Business Insider
- Burundi opposition says fair elections 'impossible' | Business Insider