Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Donald Trump, Betsy DeVos and School Choice | Financial Sense
- Yellen: Hot For Obama... But Not Trump | ZeroHedge
- Asian Media Warns Of Conflict, Economic Turmoil Under "Trump World Order" | ZeroHedge
- Indiana YMCA Bans CNN Over Complaints About Constant Barrage of "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Brick-and-Mortar Retail an "Absolute Train Wreck" | Financial Sense
- White House Spokesman Slams Media Over "Crowd Size Comparisons" In Bizarre First Briefing | ZeroHedge
- Exposing The "Fake News" Censorship Industry | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Women band together for what could be the largest political demonstration... | Business Insider
- Here's why air fresheners might be bad for your health | Business Insider
- You can rent this isolated island off the coast of Belize for $... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN SACHS CEO: The markets were already great before Trump's... | Business Insider
- The 10 best tech gadgets I used in 2016 | Business Insider
- Google stopped asking these 7 job interview questions because they were... | Business Insider
- BERNSTEIN: 'We are one tweet away from … well, almost anything really... | Business Insider