Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Balance Sheet Recessions and the QE Trap | Financial Sense
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- 'Rigged' Debates? Questions Arise Again Over Lighted Screen At Hillary's Podium | ZeroHedge
- US 'Relocated' ISIS Terrorists Out Of Iraq, Into Syria To Fight Assad | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Home Prices Surge Most On Record, Ignore "Cooling" Measures | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases First Batch Of Emails Sent To And From President Obama's Secret Email Address | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Taunts Democrats, Tweets "It Has A Surprise In Store" For Tim Kaine And Donna Brazile | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Josh Brown will reportedly be dropped from the Giants roster, and speculation is... | Business Insider
- Take a look inside one of America's most mysterious and abandoned hotels | Business Insider
- 15 high-paying jobs to avoid if you're a selfish person | Business Insider
- Here's the perfect way to apologize the next time you're late | Business Insider
- 43 life-changing books that I revisit again and again | Business Insider
- Trivago is planning to go public by Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- European Space Agency: Experimental probe crash-landed and... | Business Insider