Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Superpower Conundrum - The Rise and Fall of Just About Everything | ZeroHedge
- Citigroup Just Cornered The "Precious Metals" Derivatives Market | ZeroHedge
- Current Oil Price Slump Far From Over | Financial Sense
- FDIC Sounds Alarm On Insolvent, "Zero Hedged" Oil & Gas Producers | ZeroHedge
- Old Economic Thinking Is The Problem, BIS Warns | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Plummet Despite Government Threats To Shorts, Europe Lower, US Closed | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage Continues - WTI Hits $55 Handle, Brent Tests $60 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 25 most famous business books summarised in a single sentence each | Business Insider
- French businesses hoping to beat the rush back into Iran | Business Insider
- TOP PEER-TO... | Business Insider
- How 15 highly successful people stay in shape | Business Insider
- 22 fascinating facts about the majority of Americans | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- How much homeowners should expect to pay on top of their mortgage in 15 major US... | Business Insider