Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Companies Bracing for Disappointment, Zatlin Says | Financial Sense
- Don't Show President Trump This Chart | ZeroHedge
- Le Pen Names Nationalist As Prime Minister In Last Minute Bid To Boost Votes | ZeroHedge
- Building the "Perfect" Digital Investment Portfolio & How to Value "Hard to Value" tokens, Pt 1 | ZeroHedge
- MISOC: The U.S. Military's Secret Brand Of Fake News | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Does Washington Plan To Nuke Russia & China?" | ZeroHedge
- Bank of England Gold Vaults Bled 1500 Tonnes of Gold over 2013-2016 New Data Shows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump signed a stopgap spending bill that will prevent a government shutdown | Business Insider
- This futuristic $300 white noise machine helped me get the... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Falcons draft pick drops f-bomb in passionate tribute to his late... | Business Insider
- No 'Star Wars' game has ever looked this real | Business Insider
- People paid $12,000 to go to a music festival... | Business Insider
- Department stores are failing — here's where everyone is buying clothing instead | Business Insider