Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- From Average Joe To Average Jihadi - How A Texas Plumber's Truck Turned Up In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Teenage Son Mugged Near Home | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- The Burning Questions For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- The Global Monetary Reset Is Under Way | ZeroHedge
- Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Gates Got One Lucky Reddit User An Incredibly Thoughtful Secret Santa Gift | Business Insider
- Here's The Most Educated Town In Every State | Business Insider
- The 16 Best Selfies From 2014 | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- These Are The 10 Best Used Cars For First-Time Drivers | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban Threatened To Leave Shark Tank Over Sony's 'Insulting... | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com