Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Has The ECB Run Out Of Willing Bonds Sellers On The Long End? | ZeroHedge
- Will China Launch QE? | Financial Sense
- REMINDER: US Markets are Up Less than 3% This Year | iBankCoin.com
- Leaking Las Vegas: Forced Rationing Looms As Lake Mead Faces Federal "Water Emergency" | ZeroHedge
- HFT + Inept Regulators + Fed Distortion = More Flash Crashes | ZeroHedge
- "Nor Any Drop To Drink," Citi Maps The Liquidity Paradox | ZeroHedge
- Highlights of the 2015 Annual Energy Outlook | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China is making moves in Antarctica | Business Insider
- China manufacturing index at one-year low: HSBC | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- CONFIRMED: The other reason Freddie Gray... | Business Insider
- 7 mistakes that led to McDonald's downfall | Business Insider
- Andy Murray wins first clay title in Munich | Business Insider
- Microsoft wants to automatically install more software on business computers (MSFT) | Business Insider