Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- American Automakers High Exposure In China Is Not Good; Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Revenue Recession: Investors Are Paying Too Much For Growth, Barclays Says | ZeroHedge
- Why Economists and Markets Disagree on Fed Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- It's Not Just Margin Debt: Presenting The Complete Chinese Stock Market Ponzi Schematic | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- The Turkish Enigma | Financial Sense
- Raoul Pal: GroupThink Is Almost Ubiquitous (& The 1 Chart That Matters) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The eurozone could get its own finance minister and tax... | Business Insider
- Almaty narrows gap on Beijing in 2022 Olympics race | Business Insider
- The founder of Minecraft has been hosting wild... | Business Insider
- Chris Froome wins 2015 Tour de France | Business Insider
- An iPhone feature most people never find is doing something amazing for the... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Chinese stockbrokers are making insane amounts of money from the wild swings... | Business Insider