These are the Small Caps you are looking for
The small-cap Russel 2000 index (IWM) has a very nice looking inverted head and shoulders pattern that just broke out of a tight base. If the trend continues, we like these 3 small caps: Nanosphere Inc (NSPH), Angie's List Inc (ANGI), and Thompson Creek Metals Company (TC).
Quick look at the IWM:
We profiled Nanosphere (NSPH) back in October as a stock with long term hold potential. Since then, the stock tanked about 20%. However, shares have found solid support at $2.60, and nothing has changed about the future potential of NSPH and its diagnostic capabilities. It's just a matter of time until shares are trading above $5.
Over the past 12 months Nanosphere Inc (NSPH) shares have traded between $1.20 and its 52-week high of $3.89.
Angie's List Inc (ANGI) shares hit a double bottom near the end of October and haven't looked back since. On October 23rd, the company posted a quarter where it grew sales by 75% including a 68% rise in total paid memberships. With the housing market on the mend, and a lot of contract repair work about to be done thanks to Hurricane Sandy, ANGI should continue its growth.
Over the past 12 months Angie's List Inc (ANGI) shares have traded between $8.94 and its 52-week high of $19.82.
Thompson Creek Metals (TC) is all over the place. It regularly swings up or down 50% depending on the year. What's interesting about 2012 is that leadership has been backing up the truck with inside buying. TC looks like a great buy at this price.
|Insider Trading||Relationship||Date||Transaction||Cost||#Shares||Value ($)||#Shares Total||SEC Form 4|
|Loughrey Kevin||Chief Executive Officer||Nov 29||Buy||2.86||20,000||57,200||179,111||Nov 30 08:46 AM|
|Wilson Mark Arthur||Executive VP and CCO||Nov 28||Buy||2.66||3,200||8,512||10,000||Nov 29 09:21 AM|
|Loughrey Kevin||CEO||May 23||Buy||3.61||25,000||90,250||159,111||May 23 04:50 PM|
|Cassity Wendy||VP, GC and Secretary||May 21||Buy||3.70||500||1,850||12,455||May 21 06:05 PM|
|Arsenault Denis C||Director||May 16||Buy||3.77||53,000||199,810||145,336||May 18 06:04 PM|
|Wilson Mark Arthur||Executive VP and CCO||May 14||Buy||4.05||1,000||4,050||7,000||May 15 04:16 PM|
|GEYER JAMES P||Director||Feb 29||Buy||7.23||2,000||14,460||33,430||Mar 01 04:19 PM|
|HADDON TIMOTHY J||Director||Feb 29||Buy||7.20||10,000||72,000||57,110||Mar 01 04:10 PM|
|O'Neil Thomas J||Director||Feb 29||Buy||7.28||2,000||14,560||28,703||Mar 01 04:01 PM|
|Wilson Mark Arthur||Executive VP and CCO||Feb 29||Buy||7.18||1,000||7,180||19,386||Mar 01 05:08 PM|
|SAXTON PAMELA L||Executive VP and CFO||Feb 29||Buy||7.27||2,000||14,540||16,423||Mar 01 05:40 PM|
|Loughrey Kevin||Chairman and CEO||Feb 29||Buy||7.28||15,000||109,200||134,111||Mar 01 05:30 PM|
Over the past 12 months Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc (TC) shares have traded between $2.25 and its 52-week high of $9.50.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy Silver – May Replace Gold Money In India | ZeroHedge
- Russia-Europe Relationship: On The Threshold Of A New Era | ZeroHedge
- "Then We Will Fight In The Shade" - A Guide To Winning The Media Wars | ZeroHedge
- BEHOLD: THE CENTURY OLD DOW THEORY SIGNAL HAS BEEN TRIGGERED | ZeroHedge
- Gold In London And Hong Kong Is Used To Settle COMEX Futures | ZeroHedge
- Rising Bond Yields Could Send $250 Billion Into Equity Funds | Financial Sense
- What Time Will The ECB Tip Its Hand | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take a look inside the most expensive home in America at $200... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs shares are up 30% since Trump's victory (GS) | Business Insider
- Trump missed his $100 million election... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about the Thai economy | Business Insider
- Mercedes, Audi, and BMW have a new cash cow that's turning... | Business Insider
- Trump doesn't understand how much it costs to build a car — or a new Air Force... | Business Insider
- Apple revealed why some iPhones are randomly shutting down despite having... | Business Insider