These are the Small Caps you are looking for
The small-cap Russel 2000 index (IWM) has a very nice looking inverted head and shoulders pattern that just broke out of a tight base. If the trend continues, we like these 3 small caps: Nanosphere Inc (NSPH), Angie's List Inc (ANGI), and Thompson Creek Metals Company (TC).
Quick look at the IWM:
We profiled Nanosphere (NSPH) back in October as a stock with long term hold potential. Since then, the stock tanked about 20%. However, shares have found solid support at $2.60, and nothing has changed about the future potential of NSPH and its diagnostic capabilities. It's just a matter of time until shares are trading above $5.
Over the past 12 months Nanosphere Inc (NSPH) shares have traded between $1.20 and its 52-week high of $3.89.
Angie's List Inc (ANGI) shares hit a double bottom near the end of October and haven't looked back since. On October 23rd, the company posted a quarter where it grew sales by 75% including a 68% rise in total paid memberships. With the housing market on the mend, and a lot of contract repair work about to be done thanks to Hurricane Sandy, ANGI should continue its growth.
Over the past 12 months Angie's List Inc (ANGI) shares have traded between $8.94 and its 52-week high of $19.82.
Thompson Creek Metals (TC) is all over the place. It regularly swings up or down 50% depending on the year. What's interesting about 2012 is that leadership has been backing up the truck with inside buying. TC looks like a great buy at this price.
|Insider Trading||Relationship||Date||Transaction||Cost||#Shares||Value ($)||#Shares Total||SEC Form 4|
|Loughrey Kevin||Chief Executive Officer||Nov 29||Buy||2.86||20,000||57,200||179,111||Nov 30 08:46 AM|
|Wilson Mark Arthur||Executive VP and CCO||Nov 28||Buy||2.66||3,200||8,512||10,000||Nov 29 09:21 AM|
|Loughrey Kevin||CEO||May 23||Buy||3.61||25,000||90,250||159,111||May 23 04:50 PM|
|Cassity Wendy||VP, GC and Secretary||May 21||Buy||3.70||500||1,850||12,455||May 21 06:05 PM|
|Arsenault Denis C||Director||May 16||Buy||3.77||53,000||199,810||145,336||May 18 06:04 PM|
|Wilson Mark Arthur||Executive VP and CCO||May 14||Buy||4.05||1,000||4,050||7,000||May 15 04:16 PM|
|GEYER JAMES P||Director||Feb 29||Buy||7.23||2,000||14,460||33,430||Mar 01 04:19 PM|
|HADDON TIMOTHY J||Director||Feb 29||Buy||7.20||10,000||72,000||57,110||Mar 01 04:10 PM|
|O'Neil Thomas J||Director||Feb 29||Buy||7.28||2,000||14,560||28,703||Mar 01 04:01 PM|
|Wilson Mark Arthur||Executive VP and CCO||Feb 29||Buy||7.18||1,000||7,180||19,386||Mar 01 05:08 PM|
|SAXTON PAMELA L||Executive VP and CFO||Feb 29||Buy||7.27||2,000||14,540||16,423||Mar 01 05:40 PM|
|Loughrey Kevin||Chairman and CEO||Feb 29||Buy||7.28||15,000||109,200||134,111||Mar 01 05:30 PM|
Over the past 12 months Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc (TC) shares have traded between $2.25 and its 52-week high of $9.50.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Serial Bubbles Mean Serial Crashes... and the Next One Will Dwarf 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Plummets To 48.7, Below Lowest Estimate | ZeroHedge
- Half A Million Square Kilometers Of Heavy Smog Force Beijing To Issue "Orange Alert", Close Factories | ZeroHedge
- "You Are Here"... And It Is A Scary Place | ZeroHedge
- Number Of Millennials Living In Parents' Basement Climbs (Again); Weddings Blamed (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Black Friday Total Sales Crash 10% (Despite Rise In Online Spend) | ZeroHedge
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- French Connection is popping | Business Insider
- Vatican leaks trial to hear first testimony | Business Insider
- 15 clever gifts for cat fanatics | Business Insider
- Take these 4 steps to make any argument productive | Business Insider
- The director of the new movie about Steve Jobs says... | Business Insider
- AD says Miles to stay, LSU beats Texas A&M 19-7 | Business Insider
- 9 emails that show Hillary Clinton struggles with tech... | Business Insider