Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- One Chart Says It All | ZeroHedge
- The Central Bank War On Savers - The Big Lie Beneath | ZeroHedge
- Surprise! Baltic Dry Index Plunges Most Since November As Commodity Bubble Bursts | ZeroHedge
- A Very Bearish Stanley Druckenmiller Blows Up At The Fed; Reveals His Biggest "Currency" Position | ZeroHedge
- Lawmakers To Obama: Don't Supply Syrian Rebels With Stingers | ZeroHedge
- Canada to Trial Guaranteed Minimum Income | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How much you'll pay for a 1-bedroom apartment near every subway stop in New... | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- T-Pain talks to us about his obsession with 'Game of Thrones,'... | Business Insider
- The Native Ad Report: Revenue forecasts and top drivers | Business Insider
- Donald Trump starts the general election staring at a potential... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- A 4,000-person IBM team dedicated to decoding millennials found bosses should 'coach... | Business Insider