Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Federal Reserve to Test Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Capital Flight Intensifies in Italy and Spain | Financial Sense
- Canada Sells Nearly Half Of All Its Gold Reserves | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Plunges By Most In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Approaching Significant Levels | ZeroHedge
- In Venezuela, "Savage Suffering" Takes Hold Amid Frightening "Food Emergency" | ZeroHedge
- Why Yellen's Testimony Was Not Dovish Enough: Bank CEOs Told Her The 'Economy Is Stronger Than Markets Imply' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 science-backed ways to fall and stay in love | Business Insider
- Meet the understated governor shaking up the presidential race | Business Insider
- 4 easy ways to keep your Netflix account safe from hackers (NFLX) | Business Insider
- This is what $12.12 trillion worth of household debt looks like | Business Insider
- Steve Schwarzman: How to kill your finance career... | Business Insider
- KYLE BASS: China is already out of money | Business Insider
- Kanye West defends vulgar lyric about Taylor Swift: 'It's actually... | Business Insider