Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed - Lucky or Smart? | Financial Sense
- The New Greek Finance Minister Has Some Questions For The World's Journalists | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Prices Are Spiking (Again) | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Ascending Contingencies | ZeroHedge
- Top 10 Wall Street Rookie Mistakes | ZeroHedge
- Apple Boosts Earnings Picture Though Overall Trend Still Negative | Financial Sense
- "We Can't Do This Forever," Fed Admits "Market Will Overwhelm Us" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Place your bets — Nate Silver just told us who is going to win the... | Business Insider
- Brooklyn is officially the most unaffordable... | Business Insider
- The 50 Most Innovative Buildings Of The Last Decade | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Kiev hopes for stalled truce talks despite separatist vow... | Business Insider
- Minnesota Timberwolves release welcome home video for Cavs game that... | Business Insider