Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Austrian "Good" Banks Balk At Bad-Bank Bailout | ZeroHedge
- Rick Santelli: Europe Is Baking Rotten Cookies | Financial Sense
- The Party Continues Even When it Gets Corny | iBankCoin.com
- Which EU Economies Are Growing? | ZeroHedge
- The Taper Trade | Financial Sense
- Visualizing The Silver Squeeze | ZeroHedge
- The Quiet Triumph Of Oil And Gas In Obama’s Policies | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ben Bernanke Gives A Shout-Out To English Majors | Business Insider
- Now You Can 3D Print Your Own Invisibility Cloak | Business Insider
- Here's How Many Tickets You Need To Buy To Guarantee Winning A... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Why Microsoft's Stock Is At A Five-Year High Even Though The PC... | Business Insider
- Jeff Gundlach And Mel Gibson Were On An Elevator In Whole Foods, And What... | Business Insider
- Here's What It's Like Getting Around In Philly's Free 'Rogue... | Business Insider