SodaStream: Short Squeeze or Growth Stock
SodaStream International Ltd (NASDAQ:SODA) shares have rallied 40% in the past 3 months yet the short interest remains at 55%? Yahoo clocks the short interest on SodaStream at 55%, finviz says 45%. Needless to say, it's unbelievably high for a stock that continues to rally.
Take a gander at the 3 month move on SodaStream, it's crazy pills:
Last week Zacks have SODA a 'Strong Buy' rating and Oppenheimer upped their target price from $55 to $60. Sodastream is trading at $51.56 today and 4.71% below its 52-week high. It appears the shorts are betting SodaStream will blow their Q4 2012 earnings call on Feb 27th. It's a plausible move as expectations are high for SodaStream to deliver next month.
SodaStream has beat the street for the past 8 quarters. The company raised its expectation for Q4 and 2012 results after it reported Q3. SodaStream expects revenue growth of 46% for 2012, up from the prior expectation for 40% increase. Bolder yet as SodaStream expects net income will jump 59% year over year, compared to the earlier guidance for growth of 55%. If the company doesn't deliver or beat on those numbers the shorts are going to cash in big. If you can put your faith and money on SodaStream's management then it looks like easy money from here, but are you willing to do so?
Mastery would love to believe that this home beverage carbonation system is the next holy grail and not a fad. The entire world will soon know about SodaStream with their Super Bowl commerical on Sunday (Feb 3rd). Place your bets according to your own risk.
Here's a quick rundown of what SodaStream is all about.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Another Deutsche Banker And Former SEC Enforcement Attorney Commits Suicide | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Hillary: "Business Does Not Create Jobs", Washington Does | ZeroHedge
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- The Farce Of European Stocks (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong On The Danger Of Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft Has Officially Cut Nokia's Brand From Its Most Popular Smartphone Line... | Business Insider
- US students fight for lives after latest school shooting... | Business Insider
- Nadal calls time on 2014, faces November 3 surgery | Business Insider
- Here's The First Canceled Show Of The Fall TV Season | Business Insider
- Twitter Needs to Show Mass Appeal to Really Win Over Wall Street | TheStreet.com
- Google exec makes record skydive from edge of space | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek