4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Corporate Earnings, Overseas Sales and the Dollar | Financial Sense
- What Does History Say About the First Rate Hike and Stocks? | Financial Sense
- US Real Estate: The Lay of the Land | Financial Sense
- To Junk Bond Traders "It Almost Feels Like 2008" | ZeroHedge
- The Triumph Of Materialism: The Average American Will Spend 830 Dollars On Christmas In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- "What's The Worst That Could Happen?" | ZeroHedge
- Ex-Goldman Compliance Worker Sued By SEC For Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This beautiful game was designed to make you a believer in virtual reality | Business Insider
- Palestinian motorist rams vehicle into checkpoint, wounds... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Gambling to feature at New York daily fantasy sports... | Business Insider
- Chicago appeals for calm after police shooting video | Business Insider
- Coe faces difficult questions at IAAF meeting | Business Insider
- Afghan army in rescue bid for Taliban chopper crash... | Business Insider