4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Credible Evidence" Shows Turkish Authorities Raped And Tortured Detainees Since 'Failed' Coup | ZeroHedge
- "End of the Game" Near as Corporate Defaults Surge Across the Globe, Says Expert | Financial Sense
- Unsound Money Has Destroyed The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- China Is Building Its Future on Credit | Financial Sense
- Hollande Vows "All Out War" Against ISIS After Priest Killing | ZeroHedge
- "What The F**k Was That?" | ZeroHedge
- Why We're Ungovernable: Debt & The Sudden Outbreak Of Utter Insanity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Every guy should be wearing this type of watch in the summer | Business Insider
- The creator of Pokémon Go is only a level 5 | Business Insider
- This device lets you play a Super Nintendo with almost any wireless controller | Business Insider
- Netflix’s slowing subscriber growth could have nothing to do with a price hike... | Business Insider
- Here's what history tells us what may happen next with Brexit and Trump... | Business Insider
- Understand fintech - Amazon's next possible frontier - with this report... | Business Insider
- 3 characteristics the most persuasive speeches share | Business Insider