4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Has Lost 55% Of Its Most Valuable Resource | ZeroHedge
- With Half Of City Residents Delinquent, Detroit Restarts Water Shut-Offs | ZeroHedge
- To Top or Not to Top? | iBankCoin.com
- Key Events In The Current Week | ZeroHedge
- S&P Makes History On Lowest Volume Of The Year | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 26, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Jackson Hole: Myth of the All Powerful Central Banker Continues ... For Now | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Asia shares higher as S&P 500 breaks record | Business Insider
- Why The Google And Twitch $1 Billion Acquisition Talks Blew up | Business Insider
- See What Has Become Of 8 Olympic Host Cities After The Games Left Town | Business Insider
- Here's What The 'Smart Casual' Dress Code Really Means | Business Insider
- Here's The Ideal Body Type For Every Sport | Business Insider
- Google Acquires A Special Effects Company That... | Business Insider
- 17 Mindblowing Facts About Warren Buffett And His Mountain Of Wealth | Business Insider