4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Sets Up Biggest Contrarian Play of 2015 | Financial Sense
- Meet The Extreme Super Rich: A List Of The 80 People Who Own As Much As The World’s Poorest 3.6 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Drop 3rd Day In A Row On Margin Crackdown As Yuan Tumbles To Record Discount Versus Fix | ZeroHedge
- What Would You Do? | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Liquidity Is The Lowest Ever For An FOMC Day | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
- Greek Stocks Crash, Bonds Plummet, Banks Have Worst Day Ever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Woman Endures Horrifying Rape And Death Threats For... | Business Insider
- Murray downs Berdych to reach Australian Open final | Business Insider
- Wrestling Fans Are Furious At The WWE Network After A Guy No One Likes Won... | Business Insider
- Malaysia declares MH370 an accident, passengers dead | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Shell announces profit fall on sliding oil prices | Business Insider
- The iPhone Helped Apple Make History This Quarter (AAPL) | Business Insider