4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank of England Asks UK Banks To Detail Their Exposure To Deutsche And Italian Banks | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Campaign Chair Had Dinner With Top DOJ Official One Day After Hillary's Benghazi Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Mozambique Bonds Crash On Plans To Restructure After Government Admits Nation In "Debt Distress" | ZeroHedge
- The US Military Lied To Thousands Of Soldiers (And Now Veterans Are Paying for It) | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 190: Jon Macks – The Gut Decision That Lasts A Lifetime | Altucher Confidential
- America After Election 2016: The Gullible & The Shattered | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Reacts To Apple's Disappointing Earnings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Short-seller Andrew Left gives us his post-election play | Business Insider
- 50 banned baby names from around the world | Business Insider
- Russia denies responsibility for an air strike on a... | Business Insider
- It’s official: Chipotle’s desperate attempt to save itself failed (CMG) | Business Insider
- 6 rules for loaning money to a family member | Business Insider
- Everything we know about the mysterious Man in Black on 'Westworld' | Business Insider
- Trump just cut his deficit to 3 points in a Fox News survey that capped a wildly... | Business Insider