4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed-nado Trumps AAPLocalypse: Panic-Buying Spree Pushes S&P Back Over 2,100 (And Fails) | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Bloodbath After BoJ Disappoints - Nikkei Drops 1000 Points, USDJPY Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Exit the Dragon – China’s Debt Is Everyone’s Problem | Financial Sense
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- One More Casualty Of The 9/11 Farce - The Petrodollar | ZeroHedge
- What Americans Spent The Most Money On In Q1 | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Tumble In The West As "Demand Is Starting To Weaken" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how many people in each state make the Federal minimum wage or less | Business Insider
- The Republican Party is more unpopular than it's been in 20 years | Business Insider
- US home foreclosures are at their lowest level since 2005 | Business Insider
- Apple's stock is getting destroyed and it'... | Business Insider
- This hose attachment can fill over 100 water... | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court has made the FBI's hacking power... | Business Insider
- How I manage to work 60-plus hours a week and still find time to cook dinner... | Business Insider