4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WE GOT A CHART BREAK OUT | iBankCoin.com
- A Few Words of Cogent Advice For You on this Lovely Morning | iBankCoin.com
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Didn’t Really Lose Much Money | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Chart Of The Day - Chinese New Share Accounts Edition!!!! | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Worse Than Expected (Again), Remain Flat For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Puerto Rico Warns Of Imminent Government Shutdown Due To "Liquidity Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- The 'Relentless' Greek Debt Payment Schedule | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Asian stocks mostly up after record on Wall Street | Business Insider
- Jay Z and Beyoncé might be releasing a secret album on Tidal to get more people... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Governor Bobby Jindal says he's still firmly against gay marriage | Business Insider
- Obsessive, tough and the greatest -- the real McCoy | Business Insider
- Dunkin' Donuts is exploding higher after beating on earnings and... | Business Insider
- Putting 'unemployed' on your LinkedIn makes you look desperate — here's what... | Business Insider